• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

I think roof structure cannot change one , cost a bomb / as good as buiding half a new house ! It is best to do preventive maintainance if you feel that termite is a problem :rolleyes:

Yah... i guess need to do preventive maintenance.... but donnoe if it's possible to spray chemicals up to the roof structure.... will need to gather more knowledge on this in the future...

it's things like these that makes me feel staying in a pigeon hole is better than a landed...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Jasonjst,

My house ah... still building leh...hehee.. ready next year sept.... thats why im complaining... new generation liao still uses timber.... Im sure timber roof structure can last... but becoz my house is built in a termite vested area (hear said from fellow Bukit Indah buyers), hence it became a concern for me...

Besides, there has been alot of quality issues with SP Setia houses... from leaking toilets, leaking pipes to falling ceilings :eek:
If the contractors can screw up/cut cost on water proofing, im sure it can happen to the roof structure... wouldnt want the roof to fall on my family members... if that happens...sue who also cant compensate....

Walau haven't collect keys worry for wat ? Lots of problems can be solved with money one lah !
Maybe new batch nothing wrong leh . Anyway since the SP setia houses is cheaper , use the saving you enjoyed to
do up the place , and ask pest control to do preventive treatment to your roof structure after you collect keys .:wink:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yah... i guess need to do preventive maintenance.... but donnoe if it's possible to spray chemicals up to the roof structure.... will need to gather more knowledge on this in the future...

it's things like these that makes me feel staying in a pigeon hole is better than a landed...

Yes, mayb all of u bend together to negotiate a special price for pest control. Staying in landed property needs maintenance. In order not to feel the pinch, it might b a good idea to set aside an amount monthly (like sinking fund) so if need to do repaint, pest control, Aircon servicing, garden landscaping, leakage etc. Spread it out lo. That's y there r some units, needs repaint badly but owner still not willing to do as it could cost as much as 10 over k for Singapore.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

BTW which one you bought/ cost ? My bros bought The Jade for 350K , ready next year June. Luckily he dont read forum/ internet , otherwise he will be damn piss-off .

Last edited:

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Walau haven't collect keys worry for wat ? Lots of problems can be solved with money one lah !
Maybe new batch nothing wrong leh . Anyway since the SP setia houses is cheaper , use the saving you enjoyed to
do up the place , and ask pest control to do preventive treatment to your roof structure after you collect keys .:wink:

Aiya... i kan chiong spyder mah... but it's natural to be worrying lah..... its like when you get to know that ur area has termites problem you will go "huh?!" then you hear that many of the houses built by your developer has big time leaking toilet problem you will go "what the??!!"

Got money sure can solve problems.... got money can even buy land and build bunglow.... but the problem is.... no money.... thats why shift to JB...(okok...i know alot of rich singaporean here also shift to JB)... thats why buy from SP Setia....

Furthermore, Sp Setia houses are not necessarily cheaper.... a small 1750sq feet intermediate terrace cost 420k.... lousy quality somemore.... can only blame myself for not doing enough research before signing on the dotted line...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

ur bro must be an early bird ... i bought The Coral...420k for intermediate.....20x70 only....1747 built up.... damn ex....

Wow quite ex leh ... KNN ask my bros to buy together with me during 2009 , he dont want , at that time prices for cluster house 33x70 only 400K . He waited one over year , price go up crazy , kanchiong anyhow buy , go buy The Jade because buget is only around 300K . The Jade was the nearest project that fit his pocket lor !

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes it does.... but i heard if you do extension to the house, the termite warranty becomes void.... and yes, i intend to extend my living room =X

Hi tutucake,

If u get the main con to do extension, will they warrant it too??

SeriAustinian

Alfrescian
Loyal

hey bro horrizonhills... Don't scare me lei, 1 out of 5!! jialat leow now I'll have sleepless night till mid next year sigh!!!..hahaaa...

Bro thegolf, that makes the 2 of us w sleepless nites!

Jokes aside, a friend just collected keys to his South Golf 22X70 and invited me to visit. Backed out last minute due to work commitment n recent busy schedule. The last time I asked no complaint about defects from him yet if that's any consolation.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow quite ex leh ... KNN ask my bros to buy together with me during 2009 , he dont want , at that time prices for cluster house 33x70 only 400K . He waited one over year , price go up crazy , kanhiong anyhow buy , go buy The Jade because buget is only around 300K . The Jade was the nearest project that fit his pocket lor !

I dont think he anyhow buy lah...the layout for the jade is quite good... plus at 350K, its quite a steal liao....

I'm the real sucker for getting a intermediate unit at 420k.... but wad to do? im the late late bird....

can only console myself by thinking, small house= less housework

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dont think he anyhow buy lah...the layout for the jade is quite good... plus at 350K, its quite a steal liao....

I'm the real sucker for getting a intermediate unit at 420k.... but wad to do? im the late late bird....

can only console myself by thinking, small house= less housework

But I think the location is not bad right , still under construction cant really see the picture clearly / dont allow us to drive in to see leh .

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

But I think the location is not bad right , still under construction cant really see the picture clearly / dont allow us to drive in to see leh .

ya, to me the location is not bad...
if you ask me, i prefer that location compared to Nusa Duta/Nusa Idaman and Bestari Heights....personal preferance lah...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

ya, to me the location is not bad...
if you ask me, i prefer that location compared to Nusa Duta/Nusa Idaman and Bestari Heights....personal preferance lah...

What are the reasons? vs Nusa Idaman, not so big difference. But vs Nusa Duta or Bestari Height is within walking distance to Giant / Tescco / Jusco / McDonnald - supper convenient leh . Access to Tuas / Coastal High Way/ Medini , maybe Bukit Indah II got advantage.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
arsenal said:
Just 10m from my house in Singapore, 1 owner tore and rebuilt his house.. I can see very clearly they are using timber for the roof.. Copper piping is not corrosive proof.. Life span is around 10 years... PVC piping is not corrosive and cheaper..
So it might be a bad thing.. Anyone in forum can confirm? Of course for showing area, copper might be better for heated water..
Copper is OK even if it can corrode but it important that the piping is thick enough to last. If there is break in the piping, whether copper or PVC, you get water leakage. To repair this you have to locate the leak and tear up parts of your garden, even floor. This is not only expensive but leaves ugly repair signs.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Copper is OK even if it can corrode but it important that the piping is thick enough to last. If there is break in the piping, whether copper or PVC, you get water leakage. To repair this you have to locate the leak and tear up parts of your garden, even floor. This is not only expensive but leaves ugly repair signs.

in terms of lasting...copper pipe definitely last longer than PVC ones....regardless how thin the copper pipes are...
At what instance does a pipe breaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.