• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

I will set aside a portion to buy undervalued freehold residential land in Iskandar Region.

The remaining amount can be put into HH, EL, Leisure Farm, Nusa Duta, Nusa Idaman and possibly some into commercial lots.

I will also consider KL and SG market.

Wa ... 2 million SGD can buy so many properties meh?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro lastresort,

Nowadays 2 mil sing cannot get u a nice intermediate 2,000sft land house. So must win more toto to buy so many places.

Hi Sanur,
Did you take any loan for your bungalow in LF or paid in full?

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wa ... 2 million SGD can buy so many properties meh?

ok, if serious, I have to limit my choices, now I will look at resale semi dee at Gateway (golf view)/nusa duta (provided prices have remained the same as last check)/EL for long term appreciation.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am old already at 34. Passing the baton to the next generation, you have way more potential than me. My family and friends belonged to the die hard naysayers variety, much more myopic than some and twice as stubborn. Somehow, they are here now though. If i can do it, so can you. :smile:

Bro Wuqi, you haven't reached your prime leh even though you can choose to retire anytime.

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Iskandar Malaysia" name after Sultan of Johor???

single.jpg
Sultan of Johor Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar (left) bestowing the Honorary Green Beret on his son, Tunku Abdul Rahman Sultan Ibrahim, in a ceremony at Pantai Air Papan in Mersing, Johor, yesterday. — Picture by Ikhwan Muhammad

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal

A cleaning company actually tried to get the license to operate in HH , the last I heard was still pending but I did not follow up, maybe can check Maint office. I got external cleaning for just RM80 before renting and 3 persons turned up to clean; that is about 3-4 hrs work !

Do you still have the contact? Can share?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have confidence in those new houses launched by Horizon Hills so please look on the bright side. If HH still refuses to learn its lesson, future investors will dump them for nearby developments. My tenant just called and said the rubbish collectors finally arrived after 5-6 days of absence and thanked me for "doing my job". Hope the next time they wont come this weekend though.

Yes, with the new phases being sold at higher prices, the HH and other JB developers should improve their quality and not just charge higher price and no improvement in standard.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

haha, yes but the price factor is one big reason why it is good to invest/buy there now, considering it is well in the future expansion path. Residential land near main road selling at only 8 psf, compared to more than 80 psf in some parts of Nusajaya. :smile:

Oh the Kulai land is so much cheaper than Nusajaya? The Genting housing development i saw at Kulai is cheaper but not that much cheaper leh, semi d was selling at around Rm550k last year.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Ginfreely,
For RM2399 is quite costly. I do check on the net on composting and many interesting site about composting. A friend told me that simply get a plastic bin and drill holes around it and also cut a small hole below the bin. Dig a hole about 6-9 inches deep and sink in the bin in the hole. You may want to start small with cut leaves and grass, and mix with others later on.
Another friend told me another method, dig a hole and bury the waste food in the hole. But do bear in mind not to put meat as they are not suitable for composting or burial. Do check the web on how to compost.

Cheers

Yeah lor so expensive, oh I was just passingby the shop after a meal nearby and look see only, from what I can remember the salesperson told me can DIY but need more space and will have smell. So the beauty of this machine is no smell, hence can keep this machine inside the kitchen and open the lid as and when needed to add in food waste. Can't remember exactly why no smell but one reason cited is becos the machine will compact and churn the waste every half an hour (need to keep the power on 24 hours - 70 watt).

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nowadays developers still hire Nepalese...but they are the younger ones in their 20s..worlds apart from their police trained cousins of early days.

Somehow i prefer Nepalese to the local guards..my intuition tells me they are more down to earth..

cheers.
They are law by law. Heard from a setia staff, when a Datuk wants to enter setia tropika to visit his son but refuse to surrender his ID, the nepalese guard refused to let him in.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any machine which can convert waste food into bio-fuel and sell for profit? :biggrin:

That food decomposer machine can produce 10 kg of organic fertiliser, don't know how much is 1 kg of organic fertiliser selling, may be 10 kg is also a tidy profit?! :smile:

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

interesting observations. I think or I am sure there were break-ins very long ago. LF is marching into the 15-20yr bracket already. Iskandar was only really taken for real in the last 2-3yrs. I cannot imagine how much less populated LF was initially. Because most buyers really bought the vast lands to land bank rather than built bungalows on them. those lone bungalows wouldn't have withstood the test of time then and could have become magnets for breakins.

some of them, abandoned, stands till this day as a reminder of yesterday if you look carefully as you drive towards the sales gallery. the sales rep told me the developer was frustrated with that and they started to offer BTS solutions as well as giving discounts to land-bankers to induce them to build resulting in what it is today. Actually, the roads were maintained by mbjb and the std is as the std across JB minus the newer roads. Sales rep told me that those big bungalows needed to break ground for electric works leading to re-pavings.

hmmm i think at this point i sound like a sales rep! :biggrin: well that was because when i was first deciding LF, I met this lady sales rep whom i took my hats off. We were chatting about everything for a bit after i signed the first commitment letter. We sat next to the pond and talked about everything under the sky, she told me about her past sales experience, how she had to help residents with the weirdest demands, picking up english and communicating with foreigners of different 'tongues'. For those taking about foreigners, you should visit any bungalow precincts and you'd be surprised if it was a caucasian country :smile: just sitting there, we chatted for 4 hours. Normally, a sales rep would have chucked me out after making the business.

that was then when I realized I wasn't just buying a property. I was buying into a community. A neighbor dropped me a nice welcome on the forum. 29ers. He kept me up to date with great advice getting in, getting out etc which I really appreciated, and he helped solve my ant infestation problem when I shifted in not too long ago! Cheers mate. Whenever I walk along to the clubhouse (to steal bandwidth hurhur) or drive my way out, neighbors I don't know greet me all the time and I smile back. I found out one of my students i used to teach has a weekend home here too. So LFers (haha did I first coin this term investor?) I guess have made what seems like an iconoclastic decision but really each of us knows LF has ate right into a special place in our hearts and its not just about the roof over our head...

hi,

does anyone know Frank Utermol' (or better, his maids,..) - who built a biggg bungalow (onttop of the hill, after the Bale clubhouse) , that he named, "Casa Norma" in LF ? His house is so impressive that CNA even featured a 30minute slot on national tv,...?

His direct neighbour built a bungalow - however it seemed abandoned, and neighbour opposite the road built a grand green/blue-glass-facade, which - in diplomatic language - really highlight's one's individual tastes.

Ask the Owner, and mostly One will get answers mainly praising the Owner's decisions,....
Ask the lower-ranked staff, and One will get practical answers on trying to manage pests,..the isolation,....secutity,..etc.,..

Earlier paved, smooth roads have become roads with uneven, secondary pavings,..

I was told (to be re-confirmed, verified, however) that even in LF, there was some house-breakings, but for sake of maintaining "marketing image", many incidents were covered up.

It really is difficult to distinguish what is "real", "true", until one really takes that indivual plunge to experience.

And more importantly, would those who live in LF, be able to obtain the accounts of the LF's estate management funds - and as a public service - post this information here ?

The bigger challenge, long term, really is the keeping the place in good maintenance.

One suspects that LF's managing funds - is dwindling,....

Am I right ? Apologies, if I am wrong, and please correct my mistakes posted above.

All to share information, and to Learn, Thanks

During the early, early days, the Gurkha guards resembled that of the ones I see at Oxley Road, however, over time,..I see the guards detail being replaced with middle-senior aged Gurkhas with big bellys,..greying corneas,...

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah... The way you write really make me feel like getting a house in LF...

interesting observations. I think or I am sure there were break-ins very long ago. LF is marching into the 15-20yr bracket already. Iskandar was only really taken for real in the last 2-3yrs. I cannot imagine how much less populated LF was initially. Because most buyers really bought the vast lands to land bank rather than built bungalows on them. those lone bungalows wouldn't have withstood the test of time then and could have become magnets for breakins.

some of them, abandoned, stands till this day as a reminder of yesterday if you look carefully as you drive towards the sales gallery. the sales rep told me the developer was frustrated with that and they started to offer BTS solutions as well as giving discounts to land-bankers to induce them to build resulting in what it is today. Actually, the roads were maintained by mbjb and the std is as the std across JB minus the newer roads. Sales rep told me that those big bungalows needed to break ground for electric works leading to re-pavings.

hmmm i think at this point i sound like a sales rep! :biggrin: well that was because when i was first deciding LF, I met this lady sales rep whom i took my hats off. We were chatting about everything for a bit after i signed the first commitment letter. We sat next to the pond and talked about everything under the sky, she told me about her past sales experience, how she had to help residents with the weirdest demands, picking up english and communicating with foreigners of different 'tongues'. For those taking about foreigners, you should visit any bungalow precincts and you'd be surprised if it was a caucasian country :smile: just sitting there, we chatted for 4 hours. Normally, a sales rep would have chucked me out after making the business.

that was then when I realized I wasn't just buying a property. I was buying into a community. Then neighbor dropped me a nice welcome on the forum. 29ers. He kept me up to date with great advice getting in, getting out etc which I really appreciated, and he helped solve my ant infestation problem when I shifted in not too long ago! Cheers mate. And then as I walked along to the clubhouse (to steal bandwidth hurhur) or drive my way out, neighbors I don't know greet me all the time and I smile back. And then I found out one of my students i used to teach has a weekend home here too. So LFers (haha did I first coin this term investor?) I guess have a made what seems like an iconoclastic decision but really each of us knows LF has ate right into a special place in our hearts and its not just about the roof over our head...

Status
Not open for further replies.