SG Live Bet
SG Tipster
Page 521 of 763 FirstFirst ... 21421471511519520521522523531571621 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,420 of 15241

Thread: Living in JB

My Reputation Points: 20 / Power: 0

Default Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Look over the fence of LF and you will see the tallest bldg under construction in the area. It is the apartment block in EL and is right next to the entrance of EL. Use it as a beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by euphony View Post
    you know the exit to Gelang Patah on the way to LF, there is another exit almost immediately after, this one should lead to EL. On the way you'll pass by the newmed school, hit a roundabout, take 3rd exit, (anjung neighborhood centre will be on your left) and you should see the guard house not too far down the same road
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 100122 / Power: 206

Quote Originally Posted by thegolf View Post
    Praying hard this will not happen to my house next year !!

Consistent Leaks In The House - East Ledang

Just wanted to share some leaking problems that we are still facing in our house. We've reported it many times to the developer but all they have done was covered and painted over it. It's super annoying and I know that many neighbours are facing the same issues. Apart from continuously hassling the UEM customer service office, I'm wondering if anyone has successfully gotten UEM to fix these leak issues............................................ .............................

for more information @ http://expatjohor.blogspot.com/2011/...-in-house.html
    I must apologise to all, though i always said your mileage may vary, my quality assessment of both HH and EL are apparently off:

From the same person for East Ledang:

Also, we found out that almost none of the windows are straight and the rendering on the walls are quite soft. Well, actually a lot of things in the house are not straight (from door frames, main entrance, etc) !!!!!!

We thought we could just drill and screw on timber blinds, but the rendering cracked so we had to screw in a length of aluminium angle to reinforce the top of the window opening which is anchored deep into the wall and then attach the Venetian timber blinds clip to the aluminium angle. The benefit of this is straight edge, less screws required to be counter sunk into the wall and we can attach any window finishing to the aluminium.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 28 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by euphony View Post
    oh? the developer is selling land? or is the land for sale for residential development? this is indeed a very attractive pricing.
    it was a plantation, still planted with oil palm trees.
    Share on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by aangsc View Post
    A cleaning company actually tried to get the license to operate in HH , the last I heard was still pending but I did not follow up, maybe can check Maint office. I got external cleaning for just RM80 before renting and 3 persons turned up to clean; that is about 3-4 hrs work !
    Hi aangsc, actually there is. Look for Grace at maintenance office and ask her for the cleaning contact. She can get you 2 ladies who are their contracted ladies and their boss will send them to your place and pick them up when they are done. Not expensive either.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 1235 / Power: 6

Quote Originally Posted by lastresort View Post
    it depends on what kind of property you are looking at and time frame.

I found 1 selling exactly 10 acres of RESIDENTIAL land facing main road at only 2.8 million. RM 6 PSF.

Can build more than 100 terraces with large common area. In Singapore, you can squeeze 400 terraces in such a land.
    Lastresort is really doing research in details man, maybe by age 30 you'll be having your own seminar teaching ppl about property investments
    Last edited by Investor; 25-10-2011 at 04:43 AM.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 29 / Power: 0

Hi jasonjst,

The price is a real steal to some, compare to Singapore. I guess it's a relax n slower pace that attracted us to this place. ( but one must understand n take the slow pace n don't complain as this is part of the beauty.) the air are fresh, we wake up with birds greeting us and go to bed with starlights twinkling lullaby . The openess without unwelcome noises., of couse with yr own compound. We could choose to job around it, hold BBQ n hang around into wee hours without worrying about being inconsiderate neighbors, comes new year, some will set fireworks in their bungalows too. Most eat at Gelang Patah or usual place as all of u. For me, my friends n relatives that been to my place, long to go again n again, that's why my SIL decided to buy my next land n built. We have not been there for more than 9 months due to my child PSLE. Maintain part, most employ their in house cleaning services. ( just pass them yr house keys). Hope I have answer some of yr question.
    Share on Twitter

[QUOTE=euphony;858107]sanur sis so you're using it as a weekend home for now?
    I like it that your precinct has a theme to it. I think the showhouse was featured in an architecture&design mag![/QUOTE

Hi euPhony,

Guess most of their showhouses featured in their mag., i do not have the chance like most of them here to b able to enjoy it as weekend home, for now it's more of holiday home. Cos I have kids to ferry here n there. Am officially the chauffeur.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 24 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aisanbo View Post
    Interest leh? They put into the loan gotta charge interest I believe.
    If not confirm people dun pay lump sum.
    ya..i forgot about your interest bro..cos mine is interest free. if u factor in interest, it will be closer to your figure.

mine MTRA is RM8,000 over 15 years..CIMB Aviva...i think one of the cheapest in the mkt if i am not wrong.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 60 / Power: 5

Quote Originally Posted by wuqi256 View Post
    Hi aangsc, actually there is. Look for Grace at maintenance office and ask her for the cleaning contact. She can get you 2 ladies who are their contracted ladies and their boss will send them to your place and pick them up when they are done. Not expensive either.
    Thanks bro for update. So they finally got license to operate , that is good news to residents, hopefully they maintain competitive price. How about gardening is there one license one available as well ? Sorry , was a bit out of touch since I do not visit as often now.

What is your view about development around skudai where the Premium outlet is located ? Any good development spotted there ?
    "The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty" - Winston Churchill
    Share on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Sanur View Post
    Hi jasonjst,

The price is a real steal to some, compare to Singapore. I guess it's a relax n slower pace that attracted us to this place. ( but one must understand n take the slow pace n don't complain as this is part of the beauty.) the air are fresh, we wake up with birds greeting us and go to bed with starlights twinkling lullaby . The openess without unwelcome noises., of couse with yr own compound. We could choose to job around it, hold BBQ n hang around into wee hours without worrying about being inconsiderate neighbors, comes new year, some will set fireworks in their bungalows too. Most eat at Gelang Patah or usual place as all of u. For me, my friends n relatives that been to my place, long to go again n again, that's why my SIL decided to buy my next land n built. We have not been there for more than 9 months due to my child PSLE. Maintain part, most employ their in house cleaning services. ( just pass them yr house keys). Hope I have answer some of yr question.
    Hi Sanur,
    You have not been there for more than 9 months? No wonder you're here in the forum as it's the closest you can get to being there physically
    How do you intend to meet Arsenal there if he really PM you as you've offer to let him visit your house?
    Share on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Hi Sanur,
    You have not been there for more than 9 months? No wonder you're here in the forum as it's the closest you can get to being there physically
    How do you intend to meet Arsenal there if he really PM you as you've offer to let him visit your house?
    Not forgetting it's school holi n I can pre arrange lo. Can make it most weekend now if am in Singapore. My last visit was after the PSLE, 9 months was before that.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 72 / Power: 4

Default Re: Living in JB

Quote Originally Posted by jasonjst View Post
    Why would you need to change toilet bowls , sinks and taps ? They are pretty class , I would say better than our BTO flats leh .
    Jason, some developers provide 'class' ones like yours and LF/EL/Straits view Residences but others don't - so of course must change lah.

Go view these showrooms, arsenal ... u will see the difference .
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 71 / Power: 4

Default Re: Living in JB

The taps, sinks, toilet bowls in my unit are real sub standard, even those in the HH show room are of poor quality.... However these are relatively inexpensive stuffs as compared to the location.. I don't plan to do more than 200K renovation since it is just a weekend house.. I plan to knock down a few walls, increase a few power points, raise a view platform, air cons.. change some grills, taps, toilets bowls sinks, kitchen cabinets, sliding doors (maybe) and some additional shelters.. hopefully I can keep it around 100 plus K..

Quote Originally Posted by jasonjst View Post
    Why would you need to change toilet bowls , sinks and taps ? They are pretty class , I would say better than our BTO flats leh .
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 28 / Power: 0

Lastresort is really doing research in details man, maybe by age 30 you'll be having your own seminar teaching ppl about property investments
    Haha, then Bro Wuqi and many more would be more qualified. Maybe can start a seminar on "Living in JB". . Actually whatever they need to learn can all be found in this forum right.

As for investing in Iskandar, now it seems easy to invest in Iskandar Malaysia because everywhere seems good as long as you have money. The real challenge comes when we go into recession, then the pros will be differentiated from the novices.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 58 / Power: 5

Wow! Another skyscraper to add to the southern JB city skyline. JB is looking more and more like a metropolitian city that it aspires to be.:-

The TALLEST in Southern Region Malaysia to be Revealed Soon in Johor Bahru City!
    http://super325.com/2011/10/25/the-t...tos/#more-3389

As rumour (80% with fact and data), there will be a 60 (or 59) storey building in Johor Bahru that to be revealed in Jan 2012. According to the source, this project will be fully owned by Setia group, kiswire and kukdoong korea, it will be built at Bukit Senyum in JB, next to City Plaza. (Which also next to current on going Business Centre Project).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share on Twitter

Haha, then Bro Wuqi and many more would be more qualified. Maybe can start a seminar on "Living in JB". . Actually whatever they need to learn can all be found in this forum right.

As for investing in Iskandar, now it seems easy to invest in Iskandar Malaysia because everywhere seems good as long as you have money. The real challenge comes when we go into recession, then the pros will be differentiated from the novices.
    If you strike SGD 2 mil from TOTO, which developments and what type of housing will you invest in Iskandar Region?
    Share on Twitter

If you strike SGD 2 mil from TOTO, which developments and what type of housing will you invest in Iskandar Region?

Still EL, HH and Nusa Duta.
    My first 3 choices.
    Share on Twitter

I am old already at 34. Passing the baton to the next generation, you have way more potential than me. My family and friends belonged to the die hard naysayers variety, much more myopic than some and twice as stubborn. Somehow, they are here now though. If i can do it, so can you.
    Share on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by horizonhills View Post
    Alright in the event someone accused of me being a "salesman" from East Ledang, I have some bad points to share here on EAST LEDANG. I have actually typed out some earlier in the threads but I will re-type again as apparently some people choose to selectively read my postings.

East Ledang dont have the great views of HH. You cant really see kids or many people walking around as yet because its more "quiet" than HH. The population is surely as in the league of HH, which is a full fledge taman. Eating is a big problem and that explains why my family do not want to live in East Ledang. One need to drive to Gelang Patah ( ulu-town ) for makan whereby in HH, you just need to drive out along Bukit Indah and shops are around the corner.

That explains why I am not intending to stay in East Ledang at all. However, its damn near to Singapore. I got one neighbour working in Tuas and he claimed its a 30 minute drive from East Ledang doorstep to his factory in Tuas ( much better than before because he used to live in Bedok ).
    Ok, maybe i missed some of yours as well just as you missed some of mine. Peace.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 14 / Power: 0

Acutally as long as u stay in bukit indah, layang, perling, nusa idaman area, u drive out from ur house @ about 8am, u will reach tuas working area before 8.45am, this is my experience of driving car into Singapore and work. If u r going to take bus like me, i took 7am bus at the road side of bukit indah (not the bus station), i will reach boonlay jurong point between 8.10am to 8.20am. So it is actually very convenient. For ppl who stay EL the place is still very quiet now nt much shops there yet unlike nusa duta, bestari heights, bukit indah, nusa idaman and horizon hills
    Share on Twitter

Thread Information