• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Is delay in rubbish collection a norm in Johor?

Everytime I visit HH I happen to see the rubbish collection trucks.. If there are some good rubbish collection company, sure we can ask the property management to take a look..

For HH, you might ask your tenant to throw the rubbish into into the golf course or put in front of the chief minister house or the Sultan house for his attention.. Now we know the reason why it is good to have royalty as neighbour..

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal

^^have noticed that rubbish collection is not daily. Seems to be twice or thrice a week and the days are not fixed either. Also seem to have an increase in mosquitoes. Using a combination of Lemongrass scents (no use), the liquid burning Shelltox (somewhat effective) and the automatic spray deodorizer (most effective).

Also, The Gateway seems to have frequent electrical outages that can take some time to rectify. Do remember to off all appliances when you leave home or make sure all of them are connected to a good quality surge protector. I have a habit of leaving my router and NAS on 24/7 and one of the major lightning storms blew my NAS and router one day by travelling along the phone line :/

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even in Horizon Hills where you pay a premium, rubbish collection is not a daily affair. My tenant just called and shouted at me to settle the rubbish issue as apparently, the rubbish collectors were missing in actions since last Wed or Thursday! Imagine the whole weekend when you had a party with your relatives or friends and rubbish are struck there not only overnight but probably over a few nights. The smell is terrible.What can I do? Call up the in-charge and reminded him again and again until he is not picking up my calls but my normally placid tenant kept calling me while I am working in Singapore. We are not fussy people but if you cannot even collect rubbish everyday or once in two days, never charge a premium for the housing. Cant say too much here as this forum is meant to praise Horizon Hills and not to criticise, if not some people will come in and say I am a salesman from another property development.
[/QUOTE]
^^have noticed that rubbish collection is not daily. Seems to be twice or thrice a week and the days are not fixed either. Also seem to have an increase in mosquitoes. Using a combination of Lemongrass scents (no use), the liquid burning Shelltox (somewhat effective) and the automatic spray deodorizer (most effective).Also, The Gateway seems to have frequent electrical outages that can take some time to rectify. Do remember to off all appliances when you leave home or make sure all of them are connected to a good quality surge protector. I have a habit of leaving my router and NAS on 24/7 and one of the major lightning storms blew my NAS and router one day by travelling along the phone line :/

In the US we lived in a G&G community where the rubbish collection is done TWICE a day, in the morning and the afternoon, in the event the morning collection was missed by private contractor. Initially it was twice a day then, NEW mgt. cttee. decided alternate day BUT still twice daily collection. It didn't go down well but residents put up with it. The cttee. decided to push their luck and made it once a day on alternate days with no collection on weekends. It raised a stink both figuratively and actually. The residents complained and were very firm and vocal, to put it mildly...... Twice daily collection resumed and peace returned to sanctuary :smile:

So Bros I doubt you will be taken to task about posting a valid concern that is affecting the community.

Possibly can suggest private collection if the local authority is unable to do so. After all being a Premier estate, doesn't look and smell good if have rubbish is NOT COLLECTED on regular basis or to the point where it stinks and look unsightly :(

Last edited:

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rubbish collection is usually between 2 -3 days. But during festive season like the last Hari Raya, it was a week. It was overflowing at my place, i had to place it at the garden bin. I usually segregate plastisc and newspapers as they goes to the Tesco Bin for recycling. But a week without the rubish truck was overwhelming.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even in Horizon Hills where you pay a premium, rubbish collection is not a daily affair. My tenant just called and shouted at me to settle the rubbish issue as apparently...
A fellow Horizon Hillbilly related he was so mad he brought his uncollected rubbish into the management office and left it there without saying a word.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone, what's the frequency of rubbish collection in your development?

in bwv/LF i believe its as soon as it is sighted, because residents not supposed to dump it just outside the house since there is rubbish collection points. we're supposed to walk there to throw our waste so its mostly out of sight and out of mind though i believe in general should be the frequency as mentioned by everyone. Sanur & tansi?

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

in bwv/LF i believe its as soon as it is sighted, because residents not supposed to dump it just outside the house since there is rubbish collection points. we're supposed to walk there to throw our waste so its mostly out of sight and out of mind though i believe in general should be the frequency as mentioned by everyone.
Sanur & tansi?

My one time experience, after a nite of BBQ, the rubbish was nit cleared the next evening, I called up the management n understood from them that rubbish collection was
Managed by out source etc. But they did get someone to clear that very day after my called. Subsequently, if I do hv perishable items, at the end of the day, I will bring it to the central bin located at my precint main gate.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Do remember to off all appliances when you leave home or make sure all of them are connected to a good quality surge protector. I have a habit of leaving my router and NAS on 24/7 and one of the major lightning storms blew my NAS and router one day by travelling along the phone line :/

Thank you everyone for your reply regarding rubbish collection.

Hi 2bFree and All forumers, so all houses in Johor don't come with circuit breaker(the trip box we see in all houses in Sg)?

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal

They do come with circuit breakers but in my case, the lightning surge came through the phone line!

It is always good to have more protection as when your equipment goes down, it can be quite an inconvenience :smile:

Hi 2bFree and All forumers, so all houses in Johor don't come with circuit breaker(the trip box we see in all houses in Sg)?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They do come with circuit breakers but in my case, the lightning surge came through the phone line!

It is always good to have more protection as when your equipment goes down, it can be quite an inconvenience :smile:

Oic, thanks for sharing. Will definitely take note of this.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh no, got me worried, how this lightning works?? I worried for my fridge n auto gate. How to prevent that?? Thanks

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi guys, you can get surge protectors easily from Tesco which for some models even has protection points for tv, phone lines on top of your electrical points. Autogates, i will usually get one with some form of battery backup. There is one cheap and good one near the Station One cafe that comes with it. (1350 MYR)

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I understand it is an universal Rule of Thumb that every electric coming into the residential properties (and all type of properties), there will be circuit breaker ! This is a basic rule for safety issues.

This is what I was told during my school time.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Went with my relatives on Sat to Izola furniture at the 2nd floor at Giant @ Skudai. Good offering of furniture as usual. Had to rush back all the way from Malacca and went pretty fast
most of the way. Reached HH in less than 2 hours to accompany relatives to dinner and bring them to furniture to shop. Mdm Ong and her son was very helpful and gave discounts straightaway.

Though they bargained/negotiated and didn't buy in the end, at least helped them to see for themselves on prices and being better informed to make better decisions.

Was in Kulai on Sunday and good Italian friend from Singapore came over, wanted to see the show house even though it was closed. His interest really made me feel very keen to help him and i brought him and his friend from Austria to check out some of the semi-ds in the dark. Luckily i have a unit in Golf as well so just brought them in to check it out. He told me today that he is really keen on some of the units there and surprised that prices are still "reasonable". I had told him earlier to check out East Ledang first but none were available anymore by the time he was able to schedule time to visit. (he is a very busy bro)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I understand it is an universal Rule of Thumb that every electric coming into the residential properties (and all type of properties), there will be circuit breaker ! This is a basic rule for safety issues.

This is what I was told during my school time.

Definitely has circuit breakers. Only difference is the brand and country of manufacture. Most work reasonably well. No issues to tv, fridge, computer but had a fax machine that got fried through the phone line.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi guys, you can get surge protectors easily from Tesco which for some models even has protection points for tv, phone lines on top of your electrical points. Autogates, i will usually get one with some form of battery backup. There is one cheap and good one near the Station One cafe that comes with it. (1350 MYR)[/QUOTE

Hi wuqi,

Sorry If I sound stud, surge protector does it looks like an adaptor which I just plug my fridge plug into it, like multi plugs? Also the backup battery for my auto gate needs a pro electrician to install? Last month when I went to the house n realized my auto gate doesn't open with the remote so have to use manual key to open, later my contractor said something about lightning n something burnt, need to change one component, is it because lightning strike as no surge protector? Thanks for advise

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

^^have noticed that rubbish collection is not daily. Seems to be twice or thrice a week and the days are not fixed either. Also seem to have an increase in mosquitoes. Using a combination of Lemongrass scents (no use), the liquid burning Shelltox (somewhat effective) and the automatic spray deodorizer (most effective).

Also, The Gateway seems to have frequent electrical outages that can take some time to rectify. Do remember to off all appliances when you leave home or make sure all of them are connected to a good quality surge protector. I have a habit of leaving my router and NAS on 24/7 and one of the major lightning storms blew my NAS and router one day by travelling along the phone line :/

Yes, the rubbish collection isn't too reliable but for power wise, i got a cheap and good router that has surge protection built in. TP something, retailing for about 158 MYR that protects up to 4000w. I also use APC UPS units which has surge protection. How many times does it happens to you? For me it happens mainly during major thunderstorms. I encounter about once to twice every 2 months and i will check my circuit breaker everytime.

It doesn't really affect me that much as i have UPS for most critical appliances. I also have a car jumpstarter with emergency lights and emergency battery backed up lights/fan units in the house.

There was one time the power went out but my tv, fans and Astro remained on. We continually happily watching until the power went out and then we out to Station One cafe for coffee and free internet.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi guys, you can get surge protectors easily from Tesco which for some models even has protection points for tv, phone lines on top of your electrical points. Autogates, i will usually get one with some form of battery backup. There is one cheap and good one near the Station One cafe that comes with it. (1350 MYR)[/QUOTE

Hi wuqi,

Sorry If I sound stud, surge protector does it looks like an adaptor which I just plug my fridge plug into it, like multi plugs? Also the backup battery for my auto gate needs a pro electrician to install? Last month when I went to the house n realized my auto gate doesn't open with the remote so have to use manual key to open, later my contractor said something about lightning n something burnt, need to change one component, is it because lightning strike as no surge protector? Thanks for advise

Hey Sanur, definitely not stupid. Its just that the battery unit is normally not included (in older models anyway) but is coming out as standard for some now. Insist on battery back up and asks for some form of surge protection. Helps with keeping headaches away. I am the type who rather pay more upfront and basically have less problems in the future. Surge protectors and UPS units, you can get easily at Tesco (go to the Tv area) or to Thundermatch (Jusco). Normally from 100 plus to 200 plus MYR

For surge protection for your autogate, best to get quote from your own autogate guys first and see how much it costs. For those with TM phone lines and want some kind of protection, you can get cheap and good protection for as little as 14 plus MYR. Just connect it as per the instructions and you can always change out the fuse (easily cheaply) if it burns out.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi Arsenal, rubbish collection isn't too frequent in Johore overall. Some places, they only come once a week if at all. Some days during public holidays when they delay in coming, i will just drive out and dump in the large dumpsters in some of the coffeeshops

Status
Not open for further replies.