• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
cleyeo said:
Bro Shawn,

Is it a confirmed news ? and where did you find this information ?. Is it thru KSL office (next to Besmart ?).

Congratz and cheers

Yes its confirmed news from the sales girl, from 560k to 600k, bt now from 600k to 700k~omg! Bt their price is abit underprice coz setia cluster also 888k already

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
yonglip said:
I thought they just increased one round?...now a second round?...wow.

When i first saw BH's location and quality, i already know the development was underpriced.

I suspect the price was adjusted for the remaining few units to be in line with the next phase that is gonna to be launched next year. i expect the new houses to be launched at min RM700K+..

But no cheers for me bro..i bought the unit for own stay...not to make money la.

cheers.

Yea yonglip bro they increase the price twice in 1 month+ from 560k to 600k now 700k liao~
yea~same with me i bought for staying nt investment bt also nice coz c the property u bought increase now will feel happy hehe~lets me neighbour im at 5 row~

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh thank you.. Noted

Hi Arsenal, when you mentioned the entrance to Poresia Country Club, i assume you hv already entered the main gate of LF. in case you took the LF main gate as the entrance to Poresia Country Club and continue to drive on, then you would end up at the highway to PTP port.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yea yonglip bro they increase the price twice in 1 month+ from 560k to 600k now 700k liao~
yea~same with me i bought for staying nt investment bt also nice coz c the property u bought increase now will feel happy hehe~lets me neighbour im at 5 row~

congrats Brothers, bought for stay or investment also good, because you all only paid 560k, people now need to pay 700k, isn't it good? :biggrin:

Can I ask whether the 560k unit is a cluster house, what land and built up size.

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
congrats Brothers, bought for stay or investment also good, because you all only paid 560k, people now need to pay 700k, isn't it good? :biggrin:

Can I ask whether the 560k unit is a cluster house, what land and built up size.

They have 3 types of cluster, 32x75, 34x75, and 36x75, built up area all above 3000sf. Price now i tink is 700k, 760k, and 860k respectively. The floor they giv u biggest mosek 800x800 (bigger than ksl shopping mall floor~ u may go c c~) all are 4 bed rooms, 5 toilets~

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have 3 types of cluster, 32x75, 34x75, and 36x75, built up area all above 3000sf. Price now i tink is 700k, 760k, and 860k respectively. The floor they giv u biggest mosek 800x800 (bigger than ksl shopping mall floor~ u may go c c~) all are 4 bed rooms, 5 toilets~

yup, been there on the first week they launched, I quite like the place, very convenient as it is near commercial areas. now prices increase means there is a good demand for houses in this region, Nusajaya. Good for all. :smile: This is also good news for those who bought Nusa Duta clusters at 400k+ - 500+k.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thought they just increased one round?...now a second round?...wow.

When i first saw BH's location and quality, i already know the development was underpriced.

I suspect the price was adjusted for the remaining few units to be in line with the next phase that is gonna to be launched next year. i expect the new houses to be launched at min RM700K+..

But no cheers for me bro..i bought the unit for own stay...not to make money la.

cheers.

Hope that they do not turn up to be like our greedy Singapore developer

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Same, we encountered this year. Near the circle round about. Skinny malay chap. Few mths ago. Ask me why i singaporean yet i dun noe where police station is. Owner restaurant came out n he walk away quiclky.

My hub encountered this senerio too, my hub funny, told him if u want money just say, why cook up such a story, how much do u want? He was do surprised with my hub's statement that he quickly walk away.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah...so scary...does this happen in all the developments or more frequent in certain places?

Why not lodge a complant to the developer, they should have control over all contractors or sub con, anyone doing the job in the estate should have photo copies if their identity n permit sign by owner, before they get back their deposit from developer , the owner has to sign a letter of release too.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

FAQ on Gated & Guarded Community attached.

There are pros and cons to strata-titled landed house. Pros - easier to enforce bylaws... Cons - there could be stupid bylaws to comply with. An example would be Bayou Water Village which does not permit keeping of pets. Bayou Creek is no longer strata-titled.. hence they could have drawn some lessons from experience with Bayou Water Village.

It seems most developers opted for non-strata titled as most house owners would like some degree of freedom with their landed house. To overcome the legality issues of Guarded Neighbourhood, some developments make buyers execute a separate Covenant apart from the main S&P. The Covenant binds purchaser to certain restrictions such as not altering the structure of the house, etc... i have not bothered to read hence i do not know what else is included. Essentially the Covenant is set up to facilitate running the Guarded Precinct as if it is strata-titled.

Having said that, if there are any errant owners, the residents will have to sue him to get enforcement - in both cases.

Hence i wouldn't be too carried away with Strata-titled vs non strata-titled. Basically if you have facilities within the premises such as swimming pool or gym, developer have no choice but to strata-titled the development. If it is simply a gated neighbourhood fenced up for security, then i think non strata-titled is fine.

Last edited:

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal

I just went to Straits View and noticed that they too have raised the prices by 50-90k for earlier phase semi ds and bungalows. There are only a few units left, so I think they've raised it to bring the prices more in line with the recent launch of Phase 4.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
read somewhere the regulation was changed a few years ago to foreigner-local ratio of 50-50. makes sense if iskandar is eyeing for foreign investment in property.

No leh, still 20%...just went to Taman Laguna showhouse and the sales staf told me the 20% foreigner ratio has been met and foreign buyers have to wait for next phase which will be next year.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes though there is a sizable semi-foreigner population (like me :p), Malaysian SPR. We occupy the local ratio though travel and work in SG mostly. in my area of slightly over 200 units, I hear from sales rep only 1 household is true blue m'sian working in JB. Everyone else is SPR/SG/expat giving a feeling the ratio is skewed but it is not in reality :biggrin:

True true lots of SG cars in the estate could be driven by PR and not Singaporean. But I heard from some sales staff before that HH is special and exempted from the foreigner ratio. Don't know about EL and Leisurefarm. Anyone can confirm?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find Gelang Patah lovely.. Intimidating location to me is Pelangi Sentosa area..
Leisure Farm is nice...too.. But i have not visited the show house.. Is it near the entrance to Poresia Country Club?

Hehe that's another area that I don't visit, no new project developments there so nothing to visit..
Oh I went to Leisurefarm sometime end last year and it was pre-arranged with the sales staff I met during the property exhibition before I visited. Only visited the show house of Bayou water village and the other townhouse devt. Just meet them at the office and the sales staff will drive you there.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal

I just went to Straits View and noticed that they too have raised the prices by 50-90k for earlier phase semi ds and bungalows. There are only a few units left, so I think they've raised it to bring the prices more in line with the recent launch of Phase 4.

Straits View is also strata titled.. and they do not allow the keeping of pets :(

The show houses are beautiful. Those bigger ones are located near the road which is such a waste .

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehe that's another area that I don't visit, no new project developments there so nothing to visit..
Oh I went to Leisurefarm sometime end last year and it was pre-arranged with the sales staff I met during the property exhibition before I visited. Only visited the show house of Bayou water village and the other townhouse devt. Just meet them at the office and the sales staff will drive you there.

LF showhouses are tastefully designed ... especially the bungalow showhouse at Bayou Creek. Lovely :smile:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are pros and cons to strata-titled landed house. Pros - easier to enforce bylaws... Cons - there could be stupid bylaws to comply with. An example would be Bayou Water Village which does not permit keeping of pets. Bayou Creek is no longer strata-titled.. hence they could have drawn some lessons from experience
with Bayou Water Village.

It seems most developers opted for non-strata titled as most house owners would like some degree of freedom with their landed house. To overcome the legality issues of Guarded Neighbourhood, some developments make buyersexecute a separate Covenant apart from the main S&P. The Covenant binds purchaser to certain restrictions such as not altering the structure of the house, etc... i have not bothered to read hence i do not know what else is included. Essentially the Covenant is set up to facilitate running the Guarded Precinct as if it is strata-titled

Having said that, if there are any errant owners, the residents will have to sue him to get enforcement - in both cases

Hence i wouldn't be too carried away with Strata-titled vs non strata-titled. Basically if you have facilities within the premises such as swimming pool or gym, developer have no choice but to strata-titled the development. If it is simply a gated neighbourhood fenced up for security, then i think non strata-titled is fine.

Hi,

Strata titled, pros n cons. I wasn't aware of the no pets rules till I read the forum. It all depends... Presently my neighbors in Singapore, loves to feed stray cats, n the stay cats will come to my garden to poo. I have to bear with that for years as I do not wan to create enemy. Dogs pee on my Plants too. So sometimes no pets can b good especially for those weekend houses, also fir strata titled homes, they maintain yr garden fir you too. As for the exterior of the houses, it's about uniformility, it looks neater ( look at loyang villa, it's kinda mess). Once the selected community is form, owner will have to rights to vote wat they wan the place to b run, But it still all boils down to personal preference, that's why bwv is fully sold.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian - Seri Austin, HH South Golf

Hi everyone, what's the frequency of rubbish collection in your development?
Any forumers here already staying in East Ledang's Phase One? Is rubbish collection done only once in a few days?

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi, many thanks for starting this thread - very inspiring.
Can anyone recommend a reliable housing agent? Looking to buy a resale link unit at Gateway or Golf - can be end unit or cluster also. First time buying a house in Malaysia so need to be lead.
Thanks in advance - appreciate any help I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.