• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Guys, I am new here - was in another forum and posted investing in a house in JB and was redirected here, which i found what I am looking for...haven't read all the postings - which i plan to over the weekend!
But I can't resist the question now - Which is a better buy for long term investment in JB?

few places i have in mind

HH
Bukit Indah - also pricey now - Condo is going for half a million!!
Austin Heights near the golf course (Tebrau Area - Tmn Daya, Kempas ect)
Tropika near the NSH..
Senibong Cove

I love HH - But prices are rediculously high for me (out of my budget now) 920K for a cluster home!

my budget is around 500k...and looking for landed with a little bit of land at the side...
for long term investment - like most of you, plan to retire here and kids probably will be working in SG...hence not too far for them to visit me! - means need to rent out the place now ...and then retire and move here.

So which place offer better rental - easy of rentign i mean..i don't mind if it does not cover the monthly instalment, as long as it is rented out...(dun wan it to be a ghost house rite!)

otehr priorities would be near ammenities and gated and gurded with lots of greens...

Appreciate some recommendations, as I plan to drive in this weekend to have a look at a few places in Tebrau area...

what about Puteri Harbour? is that a good place?

Thanks Bro - hope will be able to join all of you as one havign a place in JB

Have you looked into Casa Almyra? Very close to Bukit Indah. Resale Semi Ds are still available for 600K odd. The agent told me that prices are suppressed as the main entrance approach is blocked due to coastal highway construction. Current approach is through some not very pleasant areas. However, this will not be an issue once the highway opens. Also, they have a nice prominade by the river, on the backside, with jettys in case you have a boat.

Would be interesting to hear comments from some of our experts ........

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to own a 4x4, they have it and they will usually arrange a one day(or few days) off-road driving experience with coaching at a fixed price.
They have a Facebook group, check them out if you have a FB account.

I've seen these 4x4's annual congregation at Sutera Mall... my... it was quite a spectacle. The roads around there got all muddy thanks to the m&ds falling off from these 4x4. But sorry i don't have the pics on hand... will post next time

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just in case you run out of ideas what you can do on a weekend in JB... you can go marina south fly kite... oops its go bukit indah fly kite
IMG_3375.JPG

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Good idea to transfer, maybe i will do that one day, its not difficult but i still hope to keep the blog less public as i share more personal things there.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

No such experience but I think better pay to the agency, it is safer that way.

Definitely and keep away from some agents who take comms from both sides. Btw, just heard
boss of a successful real estate agency has a semi-d in the Gateway too and just moved in recently.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Well, well done and congrats on getting in early. Honestly, I am still happy that I made it in 2011, rather than in 2013, possibly with the 'herd'.

Once I decided to get in, I told several friends and colleague about the potential of Iskandar and encouraged them to make an investment. I have been shocked at the response. They have ranged anywhere from "Are you crazy?" to being ignored outright. Only one (a German colleague) decided to make trip to Iskandar and look around and the guy bought land in LF.

In terms of the upcoming projects, they are very well summarized in a recent Hwang DBS report. Here is the link:

http://www.einvest.com.my/Archive-C...Focus/Property 20110907 Iskandar Malaysia.pdf

Thanks for sharing this IskandarRocks. Its good news indeed

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Haha that is the right spirit. There are always some who appreciate even if another 60.1% pick bones.

Looks like some of the 60.1% are now keen as well, had to send out email updates to some in the office as somehow they got to know i have property there and kept asking me.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusa Perintis seems a typical local residential area. It might look acceptable when new, but after a few years of negligence of public service and house owners doing whatever they like, it looks depressing. Drove thru the area when I was looking for property and it affirms my decision to stay away from local-dominated residential area--no offence, i seek for serene living of the old days, not the low standard of living.

Nusa Perintis looks intimidating. In fact the whole Gelang Patah looks intimidating and my wife hates to go there although i don't mind eating there occasionally as the coffeeshop dishes are real cheap. My view is only selected places in Johor are safe enough to live... forget about the rest no matter how cheap they are.

In JB, it is the human you should be afraid of and not the ghosts.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Have you looked into Casa Almyra? Very close to Bukit Indah. Resale Semi Ds are still available for 600K odd. The agent told me that prices are suppressed as the main entrance approach is blocked due to coastal highway construction. Current approach is through some not very pleasant areas. However, this will not be an issue once the highway opens. Also, they have a nice prominade by the river, on the backside, with jettys in case you have a boat.

Would be interesting to hear comments from some of our experts ........

Yes, it was discussed quite sometime back as i was once keen on the place. I have friends there but they kind of regretted in a way. Some issues with the developer i won't elaborate here. Very nice jetty and some houses can view the sea and there is even a guard in a kind of guardtower/lighthouse on top, a very nice gent i know has his own private jetty there while the rest share a larger one. Other than Danga Island (don't buy it), this is one where there is an option of parking your boat literally in your own backyard. Lots of boat owners there though but there are other places you should consider if you are not into boats, etc.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Nusa Perintis seems a typical local residential area. It might look acceptable when new, but after a few years of negligence of public service and house owners doing whatever they like, it looks depressing. Drove thru the area when I was looking for property and it affirms my decision to stay away from local-dominated residential area--no offence, i seek for serene living of the old days, not the low standard of living.

Originally Posted by LeMans2011
Nusa Perintis looks intimidating. In fact the whole Gelang Patah looks intimidating and my wife hates to go there although i don't mind eating there occasionally as the coffeeshop dishes are real cheap. My view is only selected places in Johor are safe enough to live... forget about the rest no matter how cheap they are.

In JB, it is the human you should be afraid of and not the ghosts.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have to agree with both on this, i still don't go to Gelang Patah area unless i have to, the last few times i went, it was to the hidden jetty at the middle of the night for fishing or waiting just for fun for durians to fall on the roadside there. (Hint, there are lots of durian trees in some areas)

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just in case you run out of ideas what you can do on a weekend in JB... you can go marina south fly kite... oops its go bukit indah fly kite
View attachment 2635

Good idea, some other things to do:

Recreational - Play golf/archery(Sutera Mall)/tennis/swimming/radio controlled stuff (think cars/tanks/boats/submarines/helicopters/plans)/console & pc gaming
Shopping - Tesco, Jusco, Giant, Carrefour (Sutera Mall) or even visit Courts(a bit small though at Bukit Indah)
Adventure -
Kota Tinggi Waterfalls (pay 9 RM per person)
Go 4X4 or those dirt bikes around some challenging tracks
Hire a boat to go fishing in Gelang Patah area, can even go somewhere nearby (think below Tuas 2nd link bridge) for a quick spot of fishing
Hire a boat at Puteri Harbour for 400-500 RM for the entire family (seats about 12) to go around the area or visit to see fireflies at night
Leisure - Slow drive to Pontian/Kukup for food or go to Tioman/Desaru(nice bridge) for watersports fun
Desaru has a run down go-kart facility but not really expensive. There is a resort there by the name of Pulai, good place
to go.
Massage - Relaxing massage can be found for cheap here, other than Eminent, there is another place (new one) that is in the same row as Standard Chartered. Affordable and good too at 49 RM per hour (without oil)
Pubs - Lots here, the one at Eurorich (Platinum) is just one of them
Food - Lots and lots of food choices here. Just in Jusco alone, there is A&W, Old Town and lots of other choices like Secret Recipe

Danga area is somewhat closed else more to do there.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
How does PVC piping compared to copper piping? Will be changing my piping and a friend suggested using PVC piping.
What are the advantages and disadvantages? Diffferences in costs?
Anyone know?

Not for hot water piping. More expensive of course, but really no choice.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I advise against condo living in JB unless it is to be used as a cheap means of maintaining a mistress.

Hi LeMans,

I'm not looking at condos in Iskandar too but still would like to hear your views in more details. What are your reasons for going against condo living in JB?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall Imperia has good seaview units and the prices were about RM750 psf? I find it probably the only condo "exclusive" enough for investment.

Yes, the 3 bedroom units (1850 sft and 2506 sft) only will have views of the yatch marinas and the straits. The higher floor unts may look out all the way to the sea.

BTW, they have recently launched websites and facebook pages. Here are the links:

http://www.imperiacondo.com/

http://www.facebook.com/Imperia.PHarbour?sk=photos#!/Imperia.PHarbour?sk=wall

http://www.puteriharbour.com.my/

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good idea, some other things to do:

Recreational - Play golf/archery(Sutera Mall)/tennis/swimming/radio controlled stuff (think cars/tanks/boats/submarines/helicopters/plans)/console & pc gaming
Shopping - Tesco, Jusco, Giant, Carrefour (Sutera Mall) or even visit Courts(a bit small though at Bukit Indah)
Adventure -
Kota Tinggi Waterfalls (pay 9 RM per person)
Go 4X4 or those dirt bikes around some challenging tracks
Hire a boat to go fishing in Gelang Patah area, can even go somewhere nearby (think below Tuas 2nd link bridge) for a quick spot of fishing
Hire a boat at Puteri Harbour for 400-500 RM for the entire family (seats about 12) to go around the area or visit to see fireflies at night
Leisure - Slow drive to Pontian/Kukup for food or go to Tioman/Desaru(nice bridge) for watersports fun
Desaru has a run down go-kart facility but not really expensive. There is a resort there by the name of Pulai, good place
to go.
Massage - Relaxing massage can be found for cheap here, other than Eminent, there is another place (new one) that is in the same row as Standard Chartered. Affordable and good too at 49 RM per hour (without oil)
Pubs - Lots here, the one at Eurorich (Platinum) is just one of them
Food - Lots and lots of food choices here. Just in Jusco alone, there is A&W, Old Town and lots of other choices like Secret Recipe

Danga area is somewhat closed else more to do there.

For waterfall, I've heard from someone before that there's one near to Nusajaya, somewhere near Pekan Nanas. I've never been there and don't know the exact location. Does anyone know of any waterfall near Nusajaya?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi LeMans,
I'm not looking at condos in Iskandar too but still would like to hear your views in more details. What are your reasons for going against condo living in JB?

Same as what many bros (possibly yourself too) have said - JB is not land scarce. Developer can go on and on building condos and at some stage there will be oversupply. Landed house face the same problem but it is low density and it takes a lot more time and money to create many Horizon Hills and East Ledangs. Furthermore there is very little feel of luxury in the condos i have seen in JB, eg. Fairway Suites, Horizon Residences. Lastly, in case you are not aware, many locals like to buy condos as this is something new and affordable for them. However, and i hope this is not condescending, it is a nightmare sharing facilties with them. Johoreans love to bring their relatives to their house. Hence every weekend your Johorean neighbour will bring 3 families to use the condo pool and it will be very overcrowded. They will pee in the pool, maybe wash clothes in the pool, bring a boat onto the pool... and all sorts of weird behavior. Ghosh... i don't want to imagine.

Lastly, i don't know how many of them are used to the idea of paying maintenance and sinking fund. In Nusa Idaman, there is an issue of some residents refusing to pay the monthly contribution to the security fees funds - they claim that they don't need security. Why the fxxk do you buy a gated precinct if you hate to pay for security?? There is a neighbouring development "Kiara Hills" where they have done away with the security post because the majority of residents decided they don't want that. When these people stop contributing to maintenance and sinking fund... the place will rot.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Lastly, i don't know how many of them are used to the idea of paying maintenance and sinking fund. In Nusa Idaman, there is an issue of some residents refusing to pay the monthly contribution to the security fees funds - they claim that they don't need security. Why the fxxk do you buy a gated precinct if you hate to pay for security?? There is a neighbouring development "Kiara Hills" where they have done away with the security post because the majority of residents decided they don't want that. When these people stop contributing to maintenance and sinking fund... the place will rot.[/QUOTE]

Pool i don't use much but noisy neighbours i could do without. Common fear if living in condos and lots of don't pay up and if you live in high floor, then it will be tiring to get back home plus rubbish will fill up to the lower floor units for those living on lower floors. Slightly easier for landed where you can handle rubbish and normally not that many stairs to climb.

Yes, i still don't understand why but luckily for Nusa Idaman, its for only selected precints where they have
1. Balls of titanium or steel or 2. Value $$$ over their lives or 3. Think too little of the guards.

I never mentioned that Kiara place even though i pass by that place quite a bit whenever i wanted to visit Kota Iskandar/Puteri, its a pity.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
On the other hand though, did anyone notice that there has been more police posts around Bukit Indah, its nothing more than a tent and a constable on a motorcycle and tables + chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.