• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vincentck bro.. picture copy from one of the roof installer Facebook. That layer of plaster sheet is more for heat insulation rather than waterproofing.

Jansinjst bro.. too bad, you can only detect if there is waterstain mark on the ceiling.

Any bro, sis here waiting for the completion of the golf 'South' 24x75 terrace HH next year...

relaxmannn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Be careful about Ipoh properties. Ipoh was formerly a mining town and there are a lot of deep craters left behind which now becomes a lake. There have been cases of land caving in.

The name Ipoh reminded me in the 90's whereby Ipoh women are the prettiest in Malaysia.

SeriAustinian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi do u know where is the sales office? Really feel like visiting Heaven, I mean Haven.. I was literally awed by the natural surroundings in the advertisement. Much astounding than Horizon Hills.

It's at Tambun very near Suncity Ipoh n Tambun Hotspring. While driving on your way to Suncity Ipoh, there will be signs directing u to The Haven, as the developer has invested much on marketing and erecting advertisement roadsigns (their slogan "Pride of Ipoh, Envy Of The Nation"). The sales office is just beside the million-year-old limestone feature and serene lake. Gotta see to believe. However I still think it's overpriced for Ipoh and it's about 20-25min drive fr Ipoh city centre.

Can't compare w HH lah as it's not apple to apple. One is golf course concept while the other is built around nature. Proximity to SG is also what makes us commit in Nusajaya. Ipoh is a 1.45hr flight/ 8hr bus ride/ 6hr drive away. Mayb if one day children(none for the time being yet) grow up n JB gets too congested n my aged wifey n I wants somewhere quiet may buy resale there as dun need to climb stairs n got multi-tier security. Of course if we have deep pockets would not hesitate to buy one as a weekend/holiday home (wishful thinking only).

SeriAustinian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ipoh lady are also very pretty.. and many Singapore scholars are from Ipoh..

I can vouch for the pretty ladies there (score points in case wifey reading this. Haha!) Of course beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Still a good heart is more important. People from Ipoh always praised their brain/look from the spring water they drink , but for the past few years I've been drinking the natural (mountain) water, I keep looking into the mirror and see no difference! However I gotta agree on the good food though.

SeriAustinian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any bro, sis here waiting for the completion of the golf 'South' 24x75 terrace HH next year...

Hi thegolf,
I'm impatiently waiting for my South Golf 24X75 to be completed next year. Seems so long! Took the plunge last Dec when they offer free club membership. Personally prefer the layout of South Golf 22X70 (staircase by the side after entering main door) but sold out due to contemplating for too long. U too?

SeriAustinian

Alfrescian
Loyal
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian - Seri Austin, HH South Golf

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't know what others think as I was once mocked and laughed at by a forumer here when I shared my views on the investment potential of Nusajaya here last year right up to early this year. I'm not mentioning names as I'm not trying to say "I told you so". No one can always be 100% right on all investments. I'll just say that I'm lucky on this one :smile:

I'm not saying that I was the earliest investor who saw potential in Nusajaya. In fact, the earliest investor, in terms of time of post in this thread, is obviously the thread starter Wuqi. But there were many naysayers last year and Wuqi decided not to discuss about investment in this thread in order not to be accussed of promoting Nusajaya for personal gains. How can it be possible that by sharing our views here, we can create enough demand which is able to push up the prices of Nusajaya's properties? All we can achieve is helping a handful of believers to make profit with us. Crazy and narrow minded naysayers. I have no time to bother about such narrow minded people and remained thick skinned and continued to post about investments potentials and good news of Nusajaya till today.

Last year, when you talked about investment potential of Nusajaya here, you'll feel like you are talking to yourself. I remember only Dapbest and Coolsaint replying to my post. Slowly, more new forumers joined the discussion about investment of properties and the potential of capital appreciation in Nusajaya. Anyway, I just like to share lobangs and hope that there might be one or two who might invest and make money because of my sharing, and finally thanking me for it in future, that's all :smile:

Just like Wuqi, we just hope that others can make profit because we shared lobang with them. Too bad for those who choose to believe that there's no such thing as a kind hearted person in this world. To those people, believe in what you want to believe, I've invested since last year and will still tell you that it's still the right time to invest now as price will still continue to appreciate. But Iskandar is 3 times the size of Singapore, choose your project wisely.

Guys, I am new here - was in another forum and posted investing in a house in JB and was redirected here, which i found what I am looking for...haven't read all the postings - which i plan to over the weekend!
But I can't resist the question now - Which is a better buy for long term investment in JB?

few places i have in mind

HH
Bukit Indah - also pricey now - Condo is going for half a million!!
Austin Heights near the golf course (Tebrau Area - Tmn Daya, Kempas ect)
Tropika near the NSH..
Senibong Cove

I love HH - But prices are rediculously high for me (out of my budget now) 920K for a cluster home!

my budget is around 500k...and looking for landed with a little bit of land at the side...
for long term investment - like most of you, plan to retire here and kids probably will be working in SG...hence not too far for them to visit me! - means need to rent out the place now ...and then retire and move here.

So which place offer better rental - easy of rentign i mean..i don't mind if it does not cover the monthly instalment, as long as it is rented out...(dun wan it to be a ghost house rite!)

otehr priorities would be near ammenities and gated and gurded with lots of greens...

Appreciate some recommendations, as I plan to drive in this weekend to have a look at a few places in Tebrau area...

what about Puteri Harbour? is that a good place?

Thanks Bro - hope will be able to join all of you as one havign a place in JB

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
(Nusajaya, Iskandar Region) From the middle of nowhere to prime waterfront land
Straits Times 8 Oct 11;
Thanks for posting the whole news Bro Investor... didn't have a chance to buy the ST because I was in KL.

Well, actually it would be great to know whether Bros here bought the mortgage insurance when they got their property loan.
I used to buy when it was compulsory back in 2006. Now I stoped buying and increase my insurance coverage to cover my property loans. But my personal insurance won't be enough to settle all my property loans if something happens to me; it's a risk I'm taking. BTW, MRTA and MLTA doesn't cover critical illness, AFAIK it's only death or TPD.

UXX is bad. May I say it is the worst service I have ever received in my life? It promised it could give you such and such and after waiting for a long long time, it would say "sorry, we still could not provide you the loan amount you asked". Then when you asked "why does it take so long to just get this answer?" and they said "well, because the one who was responsible was very busy, blah blah blah.....".

It is like it does not care to do your business. What a waste of time trusting and waiting for it to approve the loan.
Same bad experience with them too; I had to call the bank officer to ask for an update on my loan after 2 weeks of no news. And the news was a bad news that they can only approve 80%... blah blah blah... never again.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every Quarter, Banks allocate certain amount to loan for housing (again split to amount for local, foreigner) so when that is depleted they will not be able to approve the loan or amount requested. The best thing to do is to try other banks whom may still have the funds or wait till the banks reallocate its funds.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I thought putting a Cross will do?

I laughed so hard that now my monitor screen is covered with coffee. Speaking of monitors, there is a shop in the Giant at Bukit Indah for IT needs.
Its a bit hard to locate as its at the back entrance area near the furniture/KTV. Their prices are quite ok here. Look for the bald gent who is quite helpful. I bought several stuff from him and always gets discounts.

east539

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guys, I am new here - was in another forum and posted investing in a house in JB and was redirected here, which i found what I am looking for...haven't read all the postings - which i plan to over the weekend!
But I can't resist the question now - Which is a better buy for long term investment in JB?

few places i have in mind

HH
Bukit Indah - also pricey now - Condo is going for half a million!!
Austin Heights near the golf course (Tebrau Area - Tmn Daya, Kempas ect)
Tropika near the NSH..
Senibong Cove

I love HH - But prices are rediculously high for me (out of my budget now) 920K for a cluster home!

my budget is around 500k...and looking for landed with a little bit of land at the side...
for long term investment - like most of you, plan to retire here and kids probably will be working in SG...hence not too far for them to visit me! - means need to rent out the place now ...and then retire and move here.

So which place offer better rental - easy of rentign i mean..i don't mind if it does not cover the monthly instalment, as long as it is rented out...(dun wan it to be a ghost house rite!)

otehr priorities would be near ammenities and gated and gurded with lots of greens...

Appreciate some recommendations, as I plan to drive in this weekend to have a look at a few places in Tebrau area...

what about Puteri Harbour? is that a good place?

Thanks Bro - hope will be able to join all of you as one havign a place in JB

Hi Spidey, great to see you here. kindly take some time to read through the thread here, lots of information & all are very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.