• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you keep "xiao qiang" at home? ha ha ..

i used to kill them. baits, sprays and the once a while 'human touch'..haha..if u know what i mean.

i stopped and their numbers dwindled naturally...this is despite having 3 young kids whose day job is to make sure you clean up after them. of course a clean house does help a lot.

cheers.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Photo of roof installation @ Horizon Hills. Now you guys don't have to guess what's above your ceiling. :smile: Any comments on the steel structure of the roof ????

I would be grateful to know a professional opinion. Our second of two contractors who constructed this told us that when there is a significant drop or rise in temperature the metal would contract/expand and would make loud 'ping' noises noticeably, and advised against having it. Is anybody able to tell me if he was - as he did successfully many times, so ignorant we were - in fact trying to save money?

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
brought one of my friends (who is interested in BH) to visit BH yesterday. Reached around 11:00 morning. busy day, many trucks/ lorries moved in and out the place.

Unable to find a place to park my car, then I decided to park at car port of one of the unit (unfinished unit). we saw the show units, as well as the unit under construction. After viewing few houses, I wanted to collect my car. I saw one guy in a small car (kancil ?), waiting for me. He gave a signal to me telling me to move my car. I understood that my car might have affecting the worker, so I quickly run and moved my car. The guy was so unfriendly, kept staring at me even though I have apologized.

Well, I was fully aware that I should not have parked there. But at that time, I had no choice, no room for me to park. I just felt upset seeing the guy who is so arrogant, not even a smile when I apologize. It just made my day !!

From BH, we proceed to view the SEED.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_pest_control I don't recommend these products although i still use it (no choice cos buy already have to use). i am hoping it deters bats but that is based on my personal thesis. Cheers

For those who are able to meditate peacefully while a mosquito is feasting - yes, you have transcended many human weaknesses on a correct path to enlightenment. But for the rest of us, mosquitoes are a risk of terminal diseases. The possibility of dengue or of malaria is real and children and older people more vulnerable. They also bite your cats and dogs. Chikungunya has killed people in the Gelang Patah area in particular.
This is what I summarised about mosquitoes: http://www.puterim.com/joomla/index...oes&catid=50:medical-considerations&Itemid=18

I have an electronic pest repeller that is of high quality and made in Australia, which does not work for me. The same model owned by a friend in JB, he cannot live without, swearing by its effectiveness. Worth the investment anyway, if you have many moskies around. Any of those diseases would be a serious drag.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
brought one of my friends (who is interested in BH) to visit BH yesterday. Reached around 11:00 morning. busy day, many trucks/ lorries moved in and out the place.

Unable to find a place to park my car, then I decided to park at car port of one of the unit (unfinished unit). we saw the show units, as well as the unit under construction. After viewing few houses, I wanted to collect my car. I saw one guy in a small car (kancil ?), waiting for me. He gave a signal to me telling me to move my car. I understood that my car might have affecting the worker, so I quickly run and moved my car. The guy was so unfriendly, kept staring at me even though I have apologized.

Well, I was fully aware that I should not have parked there. But at that time, I had no choice, no room for me to park. I just felt upset seeing the guy who is so arrogant, not even a smile when I apologize. It just made my day !!

Hi

Any review on the SEED ?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro, how did u manage to take photos of your roof? The steel frames are good because it eliminates the problem of termite infestation or wood rotting in the long term. Also, it looks like there is a layer of plastic sheet below the roof tiles. That should help to prevent any water from reaching your ceiling if there's a leakage thru ur roof tiles.

But will also prevent us from detecting the leak earlier during the hand over of the house ?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats and thanks for sharing. As long as you like the place and can enjoy it for own leisure or long term stay, then investment risk is much lower :smile: Your East Ledang terrace is in which phase?

Thanks Much! Yes, fully agree with you Investor. For me, this is very long term, and I like Marinas and Harbours. So you are absolutely right, the level of risk from my personal perspective is very low.

East Ledang - Phase 3A, Melody Park. Terraces and Semi Ds were all sold out by the time I got to know about this.

matx3315

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any comments on BH (the development ) beside the un-friendly guy?

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one know if Sultan has to pay money for the house.. If he wants, he can certainly do it.. I heard from HH sales staffs that he bought the place for his girl friend..and I think it is true..

Haha, My friend told me that the Sultan receive 10% from every developement in Johor. Probably he got the place for free.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH

Last edited:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

Any review on the SEED ?

Crystal

There is a show unit near to Sutera mall. Go take a look and you will have a good idea of what it is like and if it suits your needs. The salestaff there are very helpful.

After viewing, you can drop by Sutera mall and the shops around it for shopping and makan session.... You will be spoilt for choice :smile:

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crystal

There is a show unit near to Sutera mall. Go take a look and you will have a good idea of what it is like and if it suits your needs. The salestaff there are very helpful.

After viewing, you can drop by Sutera mall and the shops around it for shopping and makan session.... You will be spoilt for choice :smile:

Hi Checkers

Wow , u quite informative ah , so which house u bought in nusajaya ?
Cant find your name in the list leh ....
Hmm , i dun really like the SEED location , a bit too congested....

jazjoz

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know if anyone did any external reno on their house in HH? Since it's not strata title, and from what I can see from the S&P, there is only mention of no change of colour, how are they going to enforce what you do to the external of the house?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beautiful.. Can buy, but where to find time and energy to drive to that place?

Can such concept being developed in Pulau Ubin or Bukit Timah?

http://www.thehaven.com.my/

Seriously, this is the pride of Ipoh and probably the best natural views of all property developments I have seen. If its in Johor, I would snap up the units for sure. Would rather stay in a penthouse in Haven rather than a bungalow in HH.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many roads and infrastructure projects in JB and it is like Beijing in early part of year 2000..

If such investment carry on, maybe JB can host Olympic one day? Before that happen, we need to gear up and buy more properties?

For fellow forummers who stay in estates which benefits from the upcoming Eastern Dispersal Link's (EDL),
see photos update in Super325.com

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi IskandarRocks,

You posted questions about East Ledang and Puteri Harbour just 2 months ago and now you've already bought both? East Ledang landed plus Puteri Harbour's Imperia? I mean that's great to hear, you are one who acts and not just talk.

Yes, you have noticed well. I did act fast and picked up a EL landed and Imperia. I was quite convinced about the potential after 2-3 visits. Of course, the wealth of information on this forum was definitely the accelerator. Many thanks to all of you.

For some of you who have questions about Imperia, the price at pre-launch (from what I remember) started at RM 550 psf and goes all the way to RM 800 psf. This one has no bumi units from what I understand. The ones (3 bedrooms) facing the marina are significantly more, on a psf basis, than the ones that face the office block. On the day of the soft launch, they had received payments for around 60 units and were waiting for a wire transfer for another 20 units from Japanese buyers who were looking into the MM2H program. Not sure what the current number after adds and dropouts are. This is out of a total of 250 units. Given that I have not seen a single advertisement, I consider this to be pretty good. As someone mentioned, the full-launch will be in November and they were talking about bumping up the prices.

In terms of the developments, as you all know, Traders Hotel and Indoor Theme Park are coming up fast. I was also told that Legoland is putting a lot of pressure on UEM Land to get the CIQ center going fast so that they can start ferrying in visitors to the theme park once it opens next year. Not sure how soon this will happen but this should help boost the potential.

What is better? Ujana or Imperia? I was asking the same question earlier. Ujana is sold out. The new launch at East Ledang is Impiana. Pricing is different, as it was from RM 400 to RM 600 range. To me, Impiana sounded more like an upper-mid market segment. The targeted residents would be students at Educity. Imperia, on the other hand, is positioned at high end or luxury and the target residents would be professionals and executives. So it really depends on what you are looking at as well as your appetite for risk. Imperia is definitely riskier, as it is more expensive and there are fewer firmed up developments around Puteri Harbour (meaning under construction) compared with East Ledang. My decision towards Imperia was based on the potentailly fantastic views of the harbour, located near future CIQ, and also the quality of finishings as noticed in the show units. Hope this helps.

Congrats and thanks for sharing. As long as you like the place and can enjoy it for own leisure or long term stay, then investment risk is much lower :smile: Your East Ledang terrace is in which phase?

Thanks Much! Yes, fully agree with you Investor. For me, this is very long term, and I like Marinas and Harbours. So you are absolutely right, the level of risk from my personal perspective is very low.

East Ledang - Phase 3A, Melody Park. Terraces and Semi Ds were all sold out by the time I got to know about this.

Oops, sorry for the downgrade by me, my bungalow friend :p Just your bungalow's investment value alone is already more than the value of all my present units in Nusajaya added up.

You said, "were all sold out by the time I got to know about this(Nusajaya)". That was one of the reason why I invested in Nusajaya since last year 2010. I believe that as the catalist projects materialized along the way, there will be more and more new demands for properties in Nusajaya from the many(Malaysians and Singaporeans just like yourself) who will then only start to visit Nusajaya for the first time.

Yes, many have heard about Nusajaya, but this unique chance(slow and delayed demand) only happens in Malaysia as people simply Do Not believe that the Malaysian government can succeed in such mega projects. Most of us who visited Nusajaya knows that this city is a 'see to believe city', if you don't visit it personally, you won't believe that it'll materialize.

Luckily for us, we've visited Nusajaya earlier than others and have seen
1) Already developed projects like Kota Iskandar, Puteri Harbour, Columbia Asia, Horizon Hills etc.
2) Government commitments - Newly developed infrastructure like highways, city's roads, new police stations etc.
3) Massive private sector's committed projects like Medini, Temasek's Wellness Village, Pinewood Studio, Legoland, Childrens' Indoor Theme Park, Mega Mall and Retails(Lifestyle Mall & Medini Square), many hotels eg. Traders Hotel, Gleneagle Hospital, 8 nos. of Universities in EduCity, Marlborough Colleague and... (too many to name).

All the above have given us the confidence in the further progress and prospect of Nusajaya. Just like what our friend Yonglip said,"You don't need a degree to figure that out(he was referring to the prospect of capital appreciation in Nusajaya) :smile:

So, Congratulations to all forummers who have bought properties in Nusajaya, we are the early birds for this one :biggrin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.