• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite unlikely unless the golfer purposely aim the ball into your house..

Hi Arsenal and everyone else who plays golf,

Is it possible that a golfer can hit the golf ball into a house beside the golf course? Eg. those houses in Horizon Hills beside the golf course.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am so sorry to hear that. I wish him the best. Has he given up the golf after getting hit by the golfball?

We treated him just like b4 like nothg happen so neva bring up issue whther he cont playg golf or not..he took it on his chin and didnt mop over his loss of sight (his cornea and retina was damaged beyond repair).if it were me i cant imagine my reactn

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No I haven't written to UEM but I believe they will definitely rectify it if they still want to position Horizon Hills as a premium golf club in Malaysia. I believe the golf pros during iskandar open will definitely sound this up to HH..

There is an exit from new highway direct to HH that is closed. If they open this up and allow the traffic and noise level to rise, the Johor chief minister house ambient will definitely be affected as his is quite close to the exit.. Hope it will not open..

This issue needs to be brought up to HH, UEM. Have you told them about this? Hi Bro, are you the owner of some landed properties there at HH? There is an exit of the new highway that goes straight to the heart of Horizon Hills.

I don't remember whether there are guards there at the entrance of HH close to the exit of the new highway.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow great work by Royal Msian Police..they managed to find the stolen sporean car and wif his 2 golf bags still in d car..3 days found already! Hope this concerted effort will b d rule rather than d exception esp with sg big brother interests in Iskandar

Great news.. If the police are committed to do their job well, I am sure they can do it..

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin: on the same note I found some parts of the web discuss using ultra high frequency sounds to repel mosquitoes. I wonder if that works!

For mozzie management, whether in my Singapore or Jb place, once a month we will use a chemical spray, which my hub got it from the nursery n mix it with water n use a pump to spray around the garden, I should said the smells stinks for a while, but it really keeps thaem away. I am staying very close to the reserve.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont play golf but can a beginner golfer commit a mistake as to hit a stray ball into d hse?

I think the houses are at quite a distance from the fairway for accident to happen unless someone purposely aim a ball directly into the house.. If the player is a novice and swing his clubs anyhow, he will be spotted and not allowed to play there.. He could kill other golfers and his handicap declaration will work against him when there is a claim... I think..

SeriAustinian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi aangsc, the indoor theme park is confirmed at Puteri Harbour. Targeted to open on Sept-2012. Beside the indoor theme park is Traders Hotel. That is what I know at this moment. Maybe some bros would like to share more.

Hi everyone, had been following this forum since page 1 for the past 1.5yr n had benefitted tremendously fr it! With utmost respect to Wuqi for starting "Living in JB" n grateful to all who hv been contributing regularly despite their busy schedules. Puts me to shame for waiting so long! This is my 1st post. Hope I can learn more by beginning to share.

Attended a Bursa Malaysia talk few mths bck at DBS building. Few MY developers were there like Mah Sing, SP Setia n UM Land, etc. Informed by UM Land staff tt they r in the pipeline to launch a low-rise waterfront residential at Puteri Harbour. Detailed plan is not firm but they claim their development has better waterfront view than Imperial. Guess they r fine-tuning after Imperial. V tempted but no budget. Hope to pass moderation phase soon...

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the houses are at quite a distance from the fairway for accident to happen unless someone purposely aim a ball directly into the house.. If the player is a novice and swing his clubs anyhow, he will be spotted and not allowed to play there.. He could kill other golfers and his handicap declaration will work against him when there is a claim... I think..
A novice could 'shank' the ball in an attempt to do a "Tiger Woods" thereby slicing the shot and reaching a house that's close to the fairways.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Grago said:
A novice could 'shank' the ball in an attempt to do a "Tiger Woods" thereby slicing the shot and reaching a house that's close to the fairways.

How can you shank and slice a golf shot at the same time?

SeriAustinian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, actually it would be great to know whether Bros here bought the mortgage insurance when they got their property loan.

I bot MRTA for both my terraces in Ser Austin(own-stay, ready Mar'12) n HH Golf (investment, ready Jun'12). Reason being not to burden my wife in case anything happens to me.

chong2011

Today Nusa Duta sales office called and notified that a freehold condominium D'Rich will be launched soon. Worth to invest? Any comments, pls.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can you shank and slice a golf shot at the same time?
You're quite right, difficult to do most times but when not impossible by the novice..... I should know as I've hit a couple of them when I first took up the game....... Ball hits the hosel but then instead of just scooting along the ground to the right it severely slices off to the right for the right handed golfer and vice versa for the left hander. Normally when trying to hit it hard as you can to gain distance and at the same time the weight moves too much forward to the toes.....

SeriAustinian

Alfrescian
Loyal
... once the mosquitoes, drosphilas and whatever flying insects are gone, I have to deal with the lizards next. grrr. They are way to shitty, literally!!

Great tips shared:
- Cloves for cockroaches
- poison for ants

"Shitty" lizards hv been haunting us even in our high-rise HDB dwellings. Wifey especially paranoid. Heard tt textured walls/ceiling can hamper their movement n hence reduce "lizard bombardments". Any experienced homeowners/pestbusters can verify that? Thx!

SeriAustinian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

I havent got any houses there cos I feel that I cant control it. Imagine having to drive 3-4 hours just to check out the place or renovation? I love exploring houses with concept.. one in Ipoh I saw in the papers last year.. condo facing those million dollar limestone and with natural lake.. wanted to drop by one day to see. :smile:

Hi bro HH, I believe it's called the Haven. Went there few mths bck while visiting in-laws in Ipoh. If I remember correctly, the owner is S'porean who has migrated to Australia. Last I heard, 1st blk almost sold out, 2nd blk 60% sold n final blk shd b launched nw. The natural surrounding scenery is simply beautiful n material used not too bad either. Only drawback is pricing, abt 500psf which I feel is on the high side in Ipoh. Great for retirement tho as the balcony facing the natural limestone feature plus lake is v therapeutic (spotted kingfisher on our 1st visit).

Will go bck there again on my next visit next month.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bot MRTA for both my terraces in Ser Austin(own-stay, ready Mar'12) n HH Golf (investment, ready Jun'12). Reason being not to burden my wife in case anything happens to me.

If you already have enough insurance coverage on hand, there isn't any need to buy MRTA or MLTA. :cool:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Photo of roof installation @ Horizon Hills

View attachment 2612

View attachment 2613

View attachment 2614

View attachment 2615

View attachment 2616

Now you guys don't have to guess what's above your ceiling. :smile:

Any comments on the steel structure of the roof ????
Hi bro, how did u manage to take photos of your roof? The steel frames are good because it eliminates the problem of termite infestation or wood rotting in the long term. Also, it looks like there is a layer of plastic sheet below the roof tiles. That should help to prevent any water from reaching your ceiling if there's a leakage thru ur roof tiles.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, you have noticed well. I did act fast and picked up a EL landed and Imperia. I was quite convinced about the potential after 2-3 visits. Of course, the wealth of information on this forum was definitely the accelerator. Many thanks to all of you.

For some of you who have questions about Imperia, the price at pre-launch (from what I remember) started at RM 550 psf and goes all the way to RM 800 psf. This one has no bumi units from what I understand. The ones (3 bedrooms) facing the marina are significantly more, on a psf basis, than the ones that face the office block. On the day of the soft launch, they had received payments for around 60 units and were waiting for a wire transfer for another 20 units from Japanese buyers who were looking into the MM2H program. Not sure what the current number after adds and dropouts are. This is out of a total of 250 units. Given that I have not seen a single advertisement, I consider this to be pretty good. As someone mentioned, the full-launch will be in November and they were talking about bumping up the prices.

In terms of the developments, as you all know, Traders Hotel and Indoor Theme Park are coming up fast. I was also told that Legoland is putting a lot of pressure on UEM Land to get the CIQ center going fast so that they can start ferrying in visitors to the theme park once it opens next year. Not sure how soon this will happen but this should help boost the potential.

What is better? Ujana or Imperia? I was asking the same question earlier. Ujana is sold out. The new launch at East Ledang is Impiana. Pricing is different, as it was from RM 400 to RM 600 range. To me, Impiana sounded more like an upper-mid market segment. The targeted residents would be students at Educity. Imperia, on the other hand, is positioned at high end or luxury and the target residents would be professionals and executives. So it really depends on what you are looking at as well as your appetite for risk. Imperia is definitely riskier, as it is more expensive and there are fewer firmed up developments around Puteri Harbour (meaning under construction) compared with East Ledang. My decision towards Imperia was based on the potentailly fantastic views of the harbour, located near future CIQ, and also the quality of finishings as noticed in the show units. Hope this helps.

Congrats and thanks for sharing. As long as you like the place and can enjoy it for own leisure or long term stay, then investment risk is much lower :smile: Your East Ledang terrace is in which phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.