• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
A friendly bank sales person told me that a bumi-released lot (supposedly converted to Intl Lot) subsequently cannot be sold to foreigner. Can sell to non-bumi but not foreigner.
I checked with developer about this and confirmed true. In fact, some of them didn't know until they check with more experienced colleague.

I've heard of another version same as what Bro Grago mentioned. Once a bumi released unit is sold to a bumi in the resale market, it becomes a bumi unit again.

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
been travelling all weekend, last saturday, we went to Kukup Pontian, a small town where fishermen gather to set out to fish, also a tourist hotspot. A very peaceful town in West Johor. :smile:

dt.jpg

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've heard of another version same as what Bro Grago mentioned. Once a bumi released unit is sold to a bumi in the resale market, it becomes a bumi unit again.

Bros/Sis below is a link with regards to this discussion:-

http://www.johorebar.org.my/index.p...reign-interests&catid=4:newsaevents&Itemid=10

".........Residential buildings – RM500,000 and above

Foreigners may buy new residential buildings (but see exceptions below) valued at 500,000 and above. They may now also buy residential buildings from individual sellers (commonly described as sub-sales). They no longer have to buy from developers: para 2.2.d.

This is something new, because under the previous 2009 Guidelines, a foreigner could not buy a residential building from an individual or company. He must buy it from the developer. A sale and purchase between individuals (or between an individual and a company) has been described by some as a “sub-sale”. This is merely to distinguish it from the developer’s sale and purchase............."

"........ 2. Purchase by foreigners from individuals/companies [not developers]
This is something new. Under the 2009 PTG Guidelines, foreigners are not allowed to buy real property from individuals. They must buy from developers. Non-citizens, permanent residents and foreign companies may now buy real property from any individual or company. It is no longer necessary for them to buy from developers only.But one of the conditions is that the minimum price of the property must be RM500,000. They cannot buy property worth less than RM500,000.

A. residential buildings

1. terraced houses - double storey and above
2. cluster houses – 2-storey and above
3. semidetached houses – 2 storey and above
4. Bungalows - 2-storey and above
5. Vacant Lots for bungalows
6. Condominium / Apartment/Services Apartment
7. Holiday Home ......................."

These guidelines have come into force on July , 2010 and is adopted by the Johore PTG.( Land Regulation Authority) So I would think that if "YOU" bought a BUMI released/converted to International property, 'YOU' could then sell in a subsale to a Foreigner....... ( That's how I read the Regulations...... )

I was not able to get anything on the property reverting back to the 'original classification' if it is subsequently sold/bought by a Bumi again..... IMO it would be detrimental to the BUMI who are being the beneficiary of these Regulations. Correct me if I misunderstood the revised rules......

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard there is a very nice fishing spot over there..

yup, for bros and Sisters who like to fish, i think it is a good place to fish. A lot of the fishes we eat come from there. We took the blue route (the map posted on top), from somewhere near Setia Eco Gardens. This area is very different from Desaru because Desaru is much more commercialized. Kukup feels like the people are still living in the past with many traditional shophouses, the place is slow paced and relax.

was googling Kukup and found this blog post with many photos.

http://xiaxue.blogspot.com/2011/03/kukup.html

Xiaxue in Kukup March 2011

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi, it is more than 5 km. I tried that day and took note of the km at somewhere after the entrance to Coastal highway and before reaching Anjung, didn't note the final distance though.

Hi Ginfreely thanks for the info :smile:

Ok lets take it as 6km on Coaster Highway from East Ledang to Horizon Hills. That means just 4 mins if you travel at 90km/hr. Fantastic! That's good news for HH and demand will surely become on par with or even beat EL in future. Prices will surely be on the rise from now till at least 2016 with so many committed catalist projects completing within this time frame. Too bad I don't have any unit in HH yet :mad:

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
These guidelines have come into force on July , 2010 and is adopted by the Johore PTG.( Land Regulation Authority) So I would think that if "YOU" bought a BUMI released/converted to International property, 'YOU' could then sell in a subsale to a Foreigner....... ( That's how I read the Regulations...... )

I was not able to get anything on the property reverting back to the 'original classification' if it is subsequently sold/bought by a Bumi again..... IMO it would be detrimental to the BUMI who are being the beneficiary of these Regulations. Correct me if I misunderstood the revised rules......[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I believe these guidelines apply if foreigners are buying International lot.
The title-deed for bumi-released lot may have terms and conditions restricting sale to a foreigner. I do not know.
Anyway, before you buy, ask the developer specifically if you can sell to foreigners in future. I think "can sell to non-bumi" is not equivalent to "can sell to foreigners".

But my experience tells me that the Bumi-released lot is abt same price (if not the same) as International Lot when you buy from developer.
Just go for intl lot or wait for next project/phase lor.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Yes, thats what i heard as well. It becomes a bumi unit again. There was some discussion about this some time back. Quick one below where A (bumi release) is normally the developer:

Non-bumi scenario
A B C D
Bumi lot --> Non Bumi --> Non Bumi --> Non Bumi = Ok

Bumi scenario
A B C D
Bumi lot --> Non Bumi --> Bumi --> Only to Bumi = Back to Bumi lot

No issues to the person selling at Point B for both scenarios. The issue occurs
from C for the Bumi scenario

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
been travelling all weekend, last saturday, we went to Kukup Pontian, a small town where fishermen gather to set out to fish, also a tourist hotspot. A very peaceful town in West Johor. :smile:

View attachment 2597
Nice and rustic, lots of SG cars there actually especially near the seafood joints outside the ferry terminal.

There is a run down golf resort in Kukup. Also the ferry to view the sea farms is really worth it. About 5 RM a head. (can bargain abit if you have more than 4 with you)
They even let my dad pilot the ferry halfway (dad was ex police and knows how to handle himself with boats)

A young chap would then show you the fishes and marine life and there is even a small gift shop. You can also choose to
pay more to get off for adventure in nature at another island (can't remember the name now) and they will pick you up
later.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks , I will not touch Bumi Lots anyway. I guess people must love the place so much that they die die must buy the Bumi lot.

Yes me too normally. I did manage to put a cheque in for a just released bumi lot though and i am still a foreigner so it really depends on the developer and how it was
released.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Normally i won't touch it too. Only reason i went for it is someone kindly pointed this out to me because they (bumi units) are still selling at prices that was at least 1 plus years ago even though they have jacked it up a little.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for sharing abugumgum about the MACS application at Jusco (Bukit Indah), that is going to be so convenient for everyone. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
A friendly bank sales person told me that a bumi-released lot (supposedly converted to Intl Lot) subsequently cannot be sold to foreigner. Can sell to non-bumi but not foreigner.
I checked with developer about this and confirmed true. In fact, some of them didn't know until they check with more experienced colleague.

Hi Aisanbo, can i check with you which bank told you this? I have called a lawyer friend earlier to help him check for a friend and their reply was, once its cleared and if the development is meant for
foreigner or foreign gazetted land, then no issues for foreigners buying.

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my understand is...bumilot can b open sold once its release. If u buy fee, u need to pay a few legal n transfer it. Few years later if u wan sell it,u can onli sell to bumi. In short,if u r going investing,don go for bumilot. If u wan buy it for urself, no issues

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Aisanbo, can i check with you which bank told you this? I have called a lawyer friend earlier to help him check for a friend and their reply was, once its cleared and if the development is meant for
foreigner or foreign gazetted land, then no issues for foreigners buying.

Yes, this was also what my lawyer said to me when I inquired during the purchase of my house, although mine was originally already an International Lot.

weetabix

Alfrescian
Loyal
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'.
Please add your nick to the list. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste this post in your reply and add your nick to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to post your first 10 replies anywhere else in the forum before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Analytical Professor - Kempas
3. Investor - Nusajaya
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. Weetabix - HH

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys

when u took up loans from banks , what are the fees which u need to pay upfront ? And did u get any mortgage insurance ?

BH sales told me that I have to pay $7k loan legal fees .....

Thanks

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
crystal_tiong said:
Hey guys

when u took up loans from banks , what are the fees which u need to pay upfront ? And did u get any mortgage insurance ?

BH sales told me that I have to pay $7k loan legal fees .....

Thanks

yes. Legal fee of loan agreement depends on the amount of the loan. The bigger the loan amount the higher the legal fee to pay. U getting 32x75? How much is ur loan amount? Deposit 10k gave already?

Status
Not open for further replies.