• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
I no longer have much long term goals, the key is to get financially independant for my family as much as possible. Education is key, i try to be the opposite of some people in my life. Where they thrive on depriving others of education and skills so as to be the "better" man/half, i do the opposite. I empower those around me financially. I made sure my siblings got invested in every investment opportunity that i deemed near 100% and covered their losses when necessary. Same
goes for my wife's business, more than happy to bleed money for her to study and to learn. I want to pass on knowing that i have done the best for my family, my wife and my dad + mum. Many claim they love their families but too few take steps for them. To me, love is beyond this fragile life, i hope to at least close my eyes with the knowledge that i have done all i could have in this life time. The least i could do for those i love? Is to try.

Thanks Shawn, i am just sharing some thoughts, there are lots of folks here who shared a lot and some even more than me.

Every man/woman would face temptation in life and i have faced it before which is why i go very low key these days, driving cars no one would
take another look at and sold away other things that are too high profile. Even my tenants scoffed at my choice of cars which made me even
happier when i know my dad/wife is driving them.

When an employee boasts about her 300k house, i just smiled and asked how does it look etc. Even when she said now some houses are a
million a piece and asked about what i am staying in, i just smile.

Most importantly, i know how my family and wife view me now and they love me for what i am, warts and all.
Most importantly, i am contented and happy with myself though i still have lots to learn.

Most automobile comes with a manual, but life came suddenly without any manuals.
Everyone is finding his own way to survive and make the most of it as best as they can.
Our parents are here with us only for a while and we should really cherish them.
They too had no manuals when raising you hence mistakes & heartache are inevitable.
Learning to forgive others is a great virtue, learning to forgive oneself is a lost art.
Be gentle with yourself. Forgive yourself.
Bro wuqi, your words are really inspirational. You sound so humble that it makes me wonder can there be such a person in the world, and there is in you! What you said about our parents not having any manual makes me think twice about my parents and where I am today because of them. Good or bad, they raised me as best as they could and I cannot repay them back, altho I won't stop trying. Thanks for your advice. I will definitely do my bet to emulate you.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro avalon74, as a payer of EPF, i must say, their execution of this is really good. There are still some who asks if we can give them one lump sum (with some discounts)
but we would rather follow the law and for their own good by insisting on EPF even though it would cost us more.

For a country that is often berated, there are still some things they do well.
EPF after the initial teething problems is one of them.
EPF is one of the best-run government agencies. They are efficient and constantly upgrading themselves. Only thing is, because they are related to the government, they often make "investment" that has bad returns. Case in point would be the funding for the tertiary student loans; out of which there are thousands of students who never repaid the loan and it was written off as bad debt by EPF and reduced our annual dividend payouts.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bros,

Something for discussion.

If you are approved 90% loan margin but you later realize you can afford to pay 20% of purchase price as downpayment, will you choose to still get the loan for the 90% (i.e. paying only 10% of the purchase price) at the expense of paying more interest and put the remaining 10% cash/savings to other uses (for example, for renovation, further investment etc.)? Another question is if you are approved 90% loan margin, can you choose to reduce the loan amount to 80% of purchase price? Thanks.
I would still take the 90% loan and have the remianing 10% cash for savings or other things. For me, I prefer to take max loan so that I can accumulate more properties. And like bro LeMans2011 said, you can also park the spare cash into the current account of your flexi loan to offset/reduce the interest charged. I think the bank should be able to reduce the loan to 80% if you ask them.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am curious for your views on condo ownership. Theres lots of Terrace,semi-D and bungalow owners already but little mention of condos in the
Iskandar projects. Grateful for your views as I am looking at these since landed prices have already started to climb
Firstly, there are more landed projects than high-rise projects in the residential areas near Bkt Indah. Initially, landed properties were very affordable (2-3 years ago) and currently, some areas like NI & others are still affordable. Prices in HH has risen steadily and now commands a high price due to the reputation it has built with having good security features. For condos, it is still cheaper than landed properties, but the developers are now pricing it above RM500k to cater for the foreigners i.e. Singaporeans. That makes it really unattractive to me because it is too high a price to pay for a box in the sky, in a location with so much land around. If you are a foreigner, try looking at HH for resale units above RM500k. There are a lot of empty units for rent/sale in The Gateway precinct; you will probably need to renovate and fix some defects that were not fix by the owner.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'.
Please add your nick to the list. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste this post in your reply and add your nick to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to post your first 10 replies anywhere else in the forum before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Analytical Professor - Kempas
3. Investor - Nusajaya
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH

Missed out IskandarRocks and I moved bro mathstub to #20.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would still take the 90% loan and have the remianing 10% cash for savings or other things. For me, I prefer to take max loan so that I can accumulate more properties. And like bro LeMans2011 said, you can also park the spare cash into the current account of your flexi loan to offset/reduce the interest charged. I think the bank should be able to reduce the loan to 80% if you ask them.

Thank you very much, Bros Vincentck and LeMans2011. Previously before the loan was approved, I was thinking about focusing only one property and paying off the loan as soon as possible. But recently my heart points me more towards accepting 90% loan and the underlying reason is thinking of the possibility of putting the remaining cash into other uses (one possibility is like what Bro Vincentck said.) Any Bros here have got 90% loan margin for their second property while they are still at the beginning stage of paying the loan for their first property?

Last edited:

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
:eek: Dear Bro Vincentck, actually I waited until the list arrived at number 36 to put my name in because 36 is my lucky number. But I think 20 is also fine for me since I am ranked higher.:smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks Vincent, really glad you felt that way. I am just someone who found some bearings in life and hope to share what i found.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Mathstub, if the person getting the loan is still young, i would get as much loan as i can so that i can save the rest for the next property like Vincentck.
It was less than 2 months after it completed before i got my 2nd one and the third even sooner. S&P document is enough for most purposes like MACS.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The first loan will take a little more time to process if you have no record of finances in Malaysia. The second loan can be done within a week, a lot faster because having taken the first loan, you are no longer classified as a "virgin" borrower. It does not matter how much time in between as long as your income permits. It also does not matter whether you are borrowing from the same bank or different. Take note however, every loan application you make is recorded in the Malaysian Credit Bureau. If you apply for 1m from 3 banks, a search will show that you have 3m loan application in process. Hence the officer helping you gotta be experience and smart and know how to submit your loan. From my experience the Maybank officers are not very bright.

Agreed absolutely with this. They do have a quite effiicient Credit Bureau over there. Most banks in Johore though, have to take direction from KL for almost everything.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Vincent, really glad you felt that way. I am just someone who found some bearings in life and hope to share what i found.

Bro Wuqi, I think you are a good role model for all of us here as how to be a son, a husband, a friend and a human being in general.

I think you deserve all the compliments.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi, thank you very much. would you mind sharing the loan margin you got for your second property? I was going through the pages of this thread again to check. I vaguely remembered you mentioned something about loan margin before. Thanks

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Once you are cleared on doubts about a place and decided to buy,
this is my humble 2 cents worth:

Even if you have money but in a foreign land, get a loan and buy.
No one would lend you money or give you the time of the day once you
are past a certain age. They won't even lend you any to buy a car let
alone a house.

Depending on the situation, get the maximum loan possible, if you are waiting
to rent it out/capital appreciation, then don't worry too much about the interest rate
although you should still keep an eye on it for the long term. If for own stay, try
to get those that allows you to repay interest directly by despositing money into the
account (some banks do charge a monthly fee for this)

Remember, the location is something you cannot change but internal,
design and asthetics, you can always change (provided not Strata title)

Buy the biggest you can afford if for own stay.

Buy a mix if you are doing for investment and own stay

Buy a certain group if you feel the growth potential but
still do divest a little.

There will always be people saying you don't need to but experienced locals and learned
friends only prefers gated and guarded, its not 100% but at least makes it easier on the mind.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks Mathstub for your kind words.

It was 85% but i repaid that shortly after a year as i felt really good about the place. The next one was 80% and the rest at 70%.

For those who really like to gear and both husband and wife working. You can buy 3 properties with only one name and another 3
in the others name so that you can get 80% loan for all 6 houses.

Recommended only for those who are so inclined and able. Not for the faint of heart and not recommended, just that this is a possibility
that some have already done.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're welcome, Bro Wuqi.

:eek: Repaying 85% shortly after a year? I wish I would be able to do that too. :smile:

Thanks Mathstub for your kind words.

It was 85% but i repaid that shortly after a year as i felt really good about the place. The next one was 80% and the rest at 70%.

For those who really like to gear and both husband and wife working. You can buy 3 properties with only one name and another 3
in the others name so that you can get 80% loan for all 6 houses.

Recommended only for those who are so inclined and able. Not for the faint of heart and not recommended, just that this is a possibility
that some have already done.

Last edited:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alot of times, the pple who are in the squeeze are pple who does not have the financial means to afford to buy properties overseas to have alternate lifestyle.. remember that we do not have epf like malaysians..
Thought that we can still buy HDB from resale markets even having private homes..

Though not reaching 55, read up the CPF min sum & withdrawal amounts upon reaching 55..
The main concerns for me would be the following:
1. Increasing min sum amt that 70% of population will not be able to draw out more than 50K unless they pledge their HDB.
2. Increasing the draw down age for CPF life from 65.
3. Enough cash to last from retirement age to 65 where CPF life DDA kickstarts in..

Confirmed that cannot buy resale HDB unless dispose private property.. wonder if KBW will change the crap rules introduced by MBT

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
I found a clean n good dentist at bukit indah, u guys residing there should know. Just in Case anyone needs the contact

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
:eek: Dear Bro Vincentck, actually I waited until the list arrived at number 36 to put my name in because 36 is my lucky number. But I think 20 is also fine for me since I am ranked higher.:smile:
Oops my bad bro mathstub. I think it shouldn't be an issue to change the numbering... heheh... sorry

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy the biggest you can afford if for own stay.

QUOTE]

Hi Wuqi

I am curious as to the rationale for this advice. Is it for capital appreciation? As we have no kids, we bought only a corner terrace at EL as we find the twin villa too big. But then again, now wifey salivating on the Melody bungalows... but common sense prevail again that it is TOO BIG! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.