• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Wuqi,

Just curious, are you employed in Malaysia or are you malaysian? Why you need to pay EPF?

Rgds

Wuqi set up a childcare biz for his wife so I guess the EPF contributions he mentioned should be for their employees, or including themselves if they are also drawing monthly salaries.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
EPF.
The MY gov quite cool about it.
Say you Sporean work in MY and pay epf.
When you want to go back and work in Spore, they'll ask if you want to withdraw your EPF entirely.
No need to jump through hoops and monies are returned speedily.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore govt treat CPF as if their pocket Money... They are quite hard up on it...
Sad... Don't blame Singaporeans.. Blame the govt..

EPF.
The MY gov quite cool about it.
Say you Sporean work in MY and pay epf.
When you want to go back and work in Spore, they'll ask if you want to withdraw your EPF entirely.
No need to jump through hoops and monies are returned speedily.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi guys, heard some story regarding the different electrical power rating of electrical appliances especially tvs brought from Singapore not being able to use in Jb, is that true??

Reposting our new forummer Crept's post (see above) so that other forummers can help him out.

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm...first I hear of it. The power supply for SG and MY is the same, 220-240V and 50/60Hz. If you can use it in SG, you can use it in MY. Even the wall socket plug types are the same (UK standard).

Originally Posted by Crept
Hi guys, heard some story regarding the different electrical power rating of electrical appliances especially tvs brought from Singapore not being able to use in Jb, is that true??

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor.
Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'.
Please add your nick to the list. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste this post in your reply and add your nick to the list.)

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya. Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf, relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 units so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm, Polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm, Bayou Water Village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm, Polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm, Pinggiran bayou
12. East539 - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis - East Ledang/ Leisure Farm
14. Lynn - East Ledang
15. Vincentck - Nusa Idaman
16. Vincentck's wife - Nusa Idaman
17. Grago - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
20. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
21. Skippy - Horizon Hill, The Golf
22. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman Hill side Semi D
23. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
24. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
25. TheGolf - Horizon Hills, The Golf
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. mallow - Nusajaya
28. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 129.
29. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. Narmi - Nusa Idaman
32. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
33. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
34. Avalon74 - Setia Eco Garden
35. 2bFree - HH

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reposting our new forummer Crept's post (see above) so that other forummers can help him out.
Johor Bahru continued with the Japan 100V 60Hzmains supply system even after they have crossed into Singapore during world war 2.
So dont plug your S'pore tv hdmi cable direct to the wall socket.

Last edited:

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor Bahru.... 15 OCT 2011

the authorities will conduct more road blocks to collect more than 417.500 summons or an average of 104 outstanding traffic summons is not paid per day since 2000 involving Singapore-registered vehicles.

Summons to be worth tens of millions of dollars is 624.716 traffic summonses issued against the driver of the republic since 2000. Many of the suit involving speeding offense, especially in the North-South, in places where parking and crossing the double line.

Johor police chief Datuk Mohd. Mokhtar Mohd. Shariff said, most of the summons or 420.561 summons issued by the state police."The number of outstanding summonses in Johor was at 272.271, while the remainder involve the summons issued in other states,''he told reporters after a security briefing with the Singapore media yesterday.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: The List

Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'.
Please add your nick to the list. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste this post in your reply and add your nick to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to post your first 10 replies anywhere else in the forum before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya. Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf, relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 units so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor - Nusajaya
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
12. East539 - Nusajaya
14. Lynn - East Ledang
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. mallow - Nusajaya
30. euphony - Leisure Farm & Mt. Austin
31. Narmi - Nusa Idaman
35. 2bFree - Horizon Hills

Updated with extra note in heading.

Last edited:

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manage to take some picture on site. The Golf 'South' HH.

Picture taken Aug 2011.

hh.JPGhh1.JPGhh2.JPGhh3.JPGhh4.JPG

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm...first I hear of it. The power supply for SG and MY is the same, 220-240V and 50/60Hz. If you can use it in SG, you can use it in MY. Even the wall socket plug types are the same (UK standard).

Originally Posted by Crept

.I hv 3 tvs, microwave oven, radio, pc, dvd player, and sewing machine brought from sg to my and over 2 years not a single problem. only thing to watch out is lightning, perhaps due to open area as compared to densely packed sg. use lightning arrester plugs, or pull plugs off sockets if the hse is to be left empty.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal

# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to post your first 10 replies anywhere else in the forum before adding your nick to this list.

2. Investor - Nusajaya
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
12. East539 - Nusajaya
14. Lynn - East Ledang
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. mallow - Nusajaya
30. euphony - Leisure Farm & Mt. Austin
31. Narmi - Nusa Idaman
35. 2bFree - Horizon Hills
36. mathstub- Horizon Hills

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear all Bros,

I am glad to be able to post again since I have been busy travelling here and there for the past weeks.

I just want to check with all of you whether the Sales and Purchase Agreement all that is necessary to prove a buyer's ownership of landed property.

So glad to see all of Bros (including Sis as well) here again. By the way, Kudos to Bro Investor for creating Johor's band of brothers and sisters list.

Thank you very much.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any bros who is familiar with HH can shed some light on how the Hills precinct (the part under construction) will look like after the construction is complete?

Would you mind summarizing the major features of the Gateway, Golfs, Hills precinct and giving your rating from 1 to 3 (1 being the best) to different aspects (e.g., views, landscape, house quality, market value appreciation) of those landed properties in these 3 different precincts?

Thanks!

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bros,

For those Bros who have got more than 1 landed property in Johor, do you mind sharing the amount of time between when you bought your first property and when you bought the second one? Is it easy to get the housing loan (what the loan margin is and whether it is from the same bank or different bank you got the first housing loan there, local bank or foreign bank) for your second property?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bros,

Something for discussion.

If you are approved 90% loan margin but you later realize you can afford to pay 20% of purchase price as downpayment, will you choose to still get the loan for the 90% (i.e. paying only 10% of the purchase price) at the expense of paying more interest and put the remaining 10% cash/savings to other uses (for example, for renovation, further investment etc.)? Another question is if you are approved 90% loan margin, can you choose to reduce the loan amount to 80% of purchase price? Thanks.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bros,

Something for discussion.

If you are approved 90% loan margin but you later realize you can afford to pay 20% of purchase price as downpayment, will you choose to still get the loan for the 90% (i.e. paying only 10% of the purchase price) at the expense of paying more interest and put the remaining 10% cash/savings to other uses (for example, for renovation, further investment etc.)? Another question is if you are approved 90% loan margin, can you choose to reduce the loan amount to 80% of purchase price? Thanks.

For my bank i can park excess money into the account, the interest calculation will deduct off the spare cash you park in the account.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bros,

For those Bros who have got more than 1 landed property in Johor, do you mind sharing the amount of time between when you bought your first property and when you bought the second one? Is it easy to get the housing loan (what the loan margin is and whether it is from the same bank or different bank you got the first housing loan there, local bank or foreign bank) for your second property?
Thank you very much.

The first loan will take a little more time to process if you have no record of finances in Malaysia. The second loan can be done within a week, a lot faster because having taken the first loan, you are no longer classified as a "virgin" borrower. It does not matter how much time in between as long as your income permits. It also does not matter whether you are borrowing from the same bank or different. Take note however, every loan application you make is recorded in the Malaysian Credit Bureau. If you apply for 1m from 3 banks, a search will show that you have 3m loan application in process. Hence the officer helping you gotta be experience and smart and know how to submit your loan. From my experience the Maybank officers are not very bright.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor Bahru.... 15 OCT 2011

the authorities will conduct more road blocks to collect more than 417.500 summons or an average of 104 outstanding traffic summons is not paid per day since 2000 involving Singapore-registered vehicles.

Summons to be worth tens of millions of dollars is 624.716 traffic summonses issued against the driver of the republic since 2000. Many of the suit involving speeding offense, especially in the North-South, in places where parking and crossing the double line.

Johor police chief Datuk Mohd. Mokhtar Mohd. Shariff said, most of the summons or 420.561 summons issued by the state police."The number of outstanding summonses in Johor was at 272.271, while the remainder involve the summons issued in other states,''he told reporters after a security briefing with the Singapore media yesterday.

Arrghhh... just check rilek.com.my i have one... anyone knows when is the discount season?

Status
Not open for further replies.