• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, thanks for the various info.

Am contemplating btw a semi-D with bigger build-up vs corner terrace with bigger land.
Semi-D land 3200 vs corner terrace around 5500.
Interestingly, the prices are almost the same.

for me I would go for the semi-D ... which mostly likely look more luxurious without much reno.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi maxpark... where is this? In HH or another project? Thanks. Personally I would go with bigger land... don't need the space and dwan to do so much cleaning. At least with the land, i have the flexibility to do other stuff with it.

That is correct.

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys

For those who bought Nusa Idaman , how is the security like ? Coz i read some that some houses were broke in ....
How can this happen when we have guarded guard ? I wonder developer do anything to improve ?

Btw , my banker called me and say my loan can be approved , so happy .....

Hope to hear some reviews before I go down this sat to place a deposit.

Hi Crystal! Congrats on your loan approval.
I'm vincent's neighbour in NI Precint 8 and will be hopefully getting my keys next year :smile:
Can't comment much on the security as we haven't stayed there yet. We're planning to stay there 24/7 though.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi maxpark... where is this? In HH or another project? Thanks. Personally I would go with bigger land... don't need the space and dwan to do so much cleaning. At least with the land, i have the flexibility to do other stuff with it.

the extra land also must maintain regulary... otherwise it will become wild grasses which are rather unsightly as seen in some houses.

But for those with green fingers, love gardening and outdoor spaces which is lacking in our motherland, it is a refreshing change in living environment.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crystal, have u look at other developments around Bukit Indah beside NI , like BH, HH, other Setia properties or Nusa Duta? How about STropika?
Good to look around before making that important decision.

Hi Checker

No leh , I cant really find all this properties in my gps and I am not familiar with bk indah.
I like NI coz its just beside horizon hills and the price is which I can afford .

You are right to view more houses .

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats crystal...Agree with bro wuqi and not cos i bought at NI (welcome :smile:)...even in spore low crime doesnt mean no crime. Stay vigilant n put in basic security measure and extra where possible. Think positive and start to look forward to higher quality of life :smile:

Hi Narmi

Wow , u bought NI too !!!
Which Precinct did you get ?
Can share the pro and cons in NI ? want to get myself prepare.

When i told my friends abt getting a house in msia , everybody shake head and said its dangerous !! they only been to JB pelangi and tebrau areas , they do not know Bukit Indah well at all .
I dun even wan to waste my breath with them.
But for sure , once the house is up , everyone will wan to come over and stay!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal,

why of all projects u wanted to get The Corals? I personally bought The Corals.... they have a showhouse for this model....did u go to the Setia Office and ask?

Personally, i would advise you to get Nusa Idaman if compared to Setia houses for a few reasons.... In terms to sizes, NI is bigger than Setia houses... in terms of built quality, I recently learn that Setia have blood puking quality issues.... in terms of location, i personally prefer Setia's location compared to NI location...but I've also just recently learn that the Setia location is termites infested -_-

So if you have chosen NI over Setia, i think u did the right thing imho... =)

Hi Tutucake

Some bros recommend me to have a llok at the Corals , no i yet to find Setia office in my gps , haha
When in Msia , i rely a lot in my GPS .
Oh dear , sorry to hear abt the probs in Setia house.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any one out there own or are considering ownership of condos ? Theres lots of postings on Bungalos, semi-d and terraces but seems like none on condos.
I am considering acquiring a unit and would like to hear fm others to learn from their experience. Landed units have risen in price ..so got to loook at condos
as Im late entrant to this scene

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal! Congrats on your loan approval.
I'm vincent's neighbour in NI Precint 8 and will be hopefully getting my keys next year :smile:
Can't comment much on the security as we haven't stayed there yet. We're planning to stay there 24/7 though.

Hi future neighbour

Haha , Precint 8A and 8B is under the same precint right ?
Did you get the corner unit ?

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Narmi

When i told my friends abt getting a house in msia , everybody shake head and said its dangerous !! they only been to JB pelangi and tebrau areas , they do not know Bukit Indah well at all .

Hi crystal,
Do not let these people dampen yr spirit. My friends n relatives too, during families gAthering, they sort of laugh, mock,
sneer at my mum n me( mum alone got an unit too) worried us with stories of rob,rape n chopping of hands. Guns on the table ... On n on. My hub was very upset with me cos i was the one insisted of buying. More than three years pAssed, we still have our hands. When they finally visited my place. His family Decided to get a land to build. My friend too. Told me her good friend, next door saw teen openly taking drugs (link one side) last weekend hub dropped her n kids n he did not bring clothes, mutiple reasons for not staying, they were so impressed with security, were refused entry till they showed my sms n talk to me before leading them to my house. Seeing guards on very frequet patrolling. Next he drop family n went back singapore, brought some friends back late afternoon to view showhouses, now working out finances! So.. There r many who loves to hearsay n worst quoted it has his friends, their so n so experienced those ordeal. As some said, crimes everywhere assert safety discresion. don leave bags, Including kids school bags in the cAr. When parking, always park heAdin n steer steering wheels to maximum either one side, it makes it diff for car thieft.

Look forward to yr dream house!!!

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Narmi

When i told my friends abt getting a house in msia , everybody shake head and said its dangerous !! they only been to
JB pelangi and tebrau areas , they do not know Bukit Indah well at all .

Hi crystal

Mine is in heliconia precinct but not far fr ur precinct n vincent bro lah... all near there in NI. Cant tell much abt living ere cos i still waiting for constructn to be completed nex yr hehe.
When purchasg i did ask abt d break in and the sales did not try to hide abt that but did remark that it happen when
not all hse occupants moved in so got many empty hses at that time.

Vincent bro
Mine uob flexi loan. They offered -2.3 -2.4 blr with or without mortgage insurance bought fr them.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, thanks for the various info.

Am contemplating btw a semi-D with bigger build-up vs corner terrace with bigger land.
Semi-D land 3200 vs corner terrace around 5500.
Interestingly, the prices are almost the same.

Hi,

Corner w bigger compound or semi d w bigger build up.? I think if u hv kids, bigger compound will b better, can make a cycling track, kids can ride or swaveboarding. Sandpit to keep them busy all day. Use pearl grass as some smarties had suggested n grow only easy to maintain plants, land.. Is something Singaporean short off. That's my personal op.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi crystal

Mine is in heliconia precinct but not far fr ur precinct n vincent bro lah... all near there in NI. Cant tell much abt living ere cos i still waiting for constructn to be completed nex yr hehe.
When purchasg i did ask abt d break in and the sales did not try to hide abt that but did remark that it happen when
not all hse occupants moved in so got many empty hses at that time.

Vincent bro
Mine uob flexi loan. They offered -2.3 -2.4 blr with or without mortgage insurance bought fr them.

But uob interest is a bit high right ? any lock in period ?
So haven get the keys , how much are u paying per mth ? we only pay mortgage loans when keys handle to us right ?
I haven sit in with uob to discuss with details as i emailed them my documents and told me it can be approved.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
So haven get the keys , how much are u paying per mth ? we only pay mortgage loans when keys handle to us right ?
I haven sit in with uob to discuss with details as i emailed them my documents and told me it can be approved.

I was offered RHB at -2.5... (3 months ago) I chose HSBC at -2.45 instead thinking HSBC will provide better service..
On hindsight, why not go for RHB? They have more ATMs, branches etc..

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMHO, altho HH's security is better but I feel that it is overpriced and it is further to drive in/out for now.

Hi Vincentck,
The Coastal Highway is about to be fully operational soon. With the opening of Coastal Highway, cars travelling from 2nd link to Horizon Hills will exit Nusajaya and continue on Coastal Highway which starts immediately outside East Ledang and it'll only take 3 mins to reach Horizon Hills. With Coastal Highway, Bukit Indah will become an older Taman which is further from Sg as Nusajaya(from HH to East Ledang and Kota Iskandar) will be the brand new city.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course if compare with hsbc or rhb its pricey...i got offered by public bank at -2.5 lock in 5 yrs at 80%loan..uob willg to offer 90% loan at -2.3-2.4 lock in 3yrs. So i take one wif least cash outlay so more cash for reno. Anyway after 3 yrs can renego. Do ur sums and go wif wat u r comfy with. My Mthly rm3k+++. wif average exchange 2.4rm per 1$, i am happy for now.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course if compare with hsbc or rhb its pricey...i got offered by public bank at -2.5 lock in 5 yrs at 80%loan..uob willg to offer 90% loan at -2.3-2.4 lock in 3yrs. So i take one wif least cash outlay so more cash for reno. Anyway after 3 yrs can renego. Do ur sums and go wif wat u r comfy with. My Mthly rm3k+++. wif average exchange 2.4rm per 1$, i am happy for now.

Hi Narmi

Thanks for the advise
Since your monthly is 3k , i assumed u bought semi d bungalow.....
So you start paying mortgage full loan once loan approved ?
I thought can just pay for the interest first....

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Narmi

Thanks for the advise
Since your monthly is 3k , i assumed u bought semi d bungalow.....
So you start paying mortgage full loan once loan approved ?
I thought can just pay for the interest first....

Yea its semid. Not as simple..cos u stillneed to get state consent so loan will not disburse till thdat is cleard for example..dun forget state levy too rm 10k i tink n other incidentals..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all,

Just to share, based on the experiences i had and from folks here who shared with me, 3 banks i wouldn't touch:

1. SXXXXXXX Chartered Bank
2. H X X C
3. U X B

Your mileage may vary of course but they cited bad representation, high interest rates and lock in clauses.

Just because they have branches in Singapore as well does not mean they do well or provide good service
here. I have friends who told me H X X C folks told them that they can never get loan to buy car or house
in Johore as they are foreigners! That was the only time i had to ever get involved and got another bank
to talk to them. Within days, approval came and then documentation followed. Folks from the SXXXX bank
was worse, promised and told my friends and some forummers here one thing and did another.

You might be better off with some of the local banks, after all, you are borrowing money them to finance a home.
They are way MORE afraid of you than you of them.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey Crystal, If you are not in a hurry, you might want to take it slow. Every property has its pros and cons. I would suggest to check and compare with at least 2-3 banks before making a decision. I have 3 forummers who PMed me about bad deals just for SXXXXXX bank alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.