• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do they calculate property gain tax ?.
Is it merely calculated from the GAIN only ?. If this is the case, then no effect at all because lets say your gain is 100K, then 10% tax is 10K, you still make 90K. Rite ?.

If we dont make any gain, lets say we sell it with ZERO profit (break even), any tax ?.

I just want to understand about this tax, any bros here know how it work?. dont mind sharing here I hope.

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do they calculate property gain tax ?.
Is it merely calculated from the GAIN only ?. If this is the case, then no effect at all because lets say your gain is 100K, then 10% tax is 10K, you still make 90K. Rite ?.

If we dont make any gain, lets say we sell it with ZERO profit (break even), any tax ?.

I just want to understand about this tax, any bros here know how it work?. dont mind sharing here I hope.

From what i know, it's on the Taxable Gains, definitely not on the value of the property.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt the MY banks will worry about your SG commitments... but I'm not sure... heheh. Sure, it would be great to know more ppl staying in NI.

Yo bro vincent, me wil be ur neighbor in near future tho mine in heliconia precinct :smile:. Its definitely for own weekend stay and future perm stay when sggovt find me not economically useful anymore.

*Hats off to HH n wuqi bros for the many sound investments they have in hand so far :smile:

Btw i got my loan thru esther too.

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi I read somewhere, one was asking about the Mm2 applicaton. These r the procedures.

1. 4 pieces of color passport size photograph each for all including
spouse and children
2. Copy of passport all pages including empty pages.If passport renewed
less than a year please also to copy all pages of old passport.
3. Copy of marriage certficate
4. Copy of birth certificate of children including adoption papers.
5. Copy of business registration which shows applicant's shares
6. Copy of financial standing that shows liquid assets of at least
RM500,000 after conversion(applicant age below 50 years) or RM350,000
after conversion(age above 50 years).Liquid assets includes savings,fixed
deposit,shares,bonds, unit trust , retirement fund and or proof of payment
on property purchase.
7.Copy of income received not less than RM10,000 after conversion.
8.Copy of sale and purchase agreement.

Recently, they do not require applicant to go up
To KL to endorse sticker on their passport anymore, it can b done in JB

Hi Sanur,

Could you tell me when you get the info regarding no more a need to go KL for endorsement.
I understand that you would require medical certification and insurance.
Thanks.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo bro vincent, me wil be ur neighbor in near future tho mine in heliconia precinct :smile:. Its definitely for own weekend stay and future perm stay when sggovt find me not economically useful anymore.

*Hats off to HH n wuqi bros for the many sound investments they have in hand so far :smile:

Btw i got my loan thru esther too.
Hi bro Narmi, wow... since you haven't move in yet, my guess is you bought the semi-d... nice. We were looking at that too... i like the "basement" room concept. But we wanted a bit more land so we bought the one in P8A instead. May I know which bank and interest package did you get?

Thanks.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh , u tried before ?

See my sales gal reply

QN : What documents you need from me to obtain bank loans ? The bank will loan based on my annual income right ? They wont know what other loans I have in Singapore ?
ANswer : Annual Income they need too . Normally , you need to give us the latest 3 months pay slip , 6 months bank statements , company letter , IR8A/ Notice of Assessment , saving _ prove your saving habits

usually the bank would ask for the abovementioned documents. some bank also request a report from the credit bureau of singapore. from there it will show how many loans taken, still in force and how many credit lines you have. it will show whether you have bad debt or not.
from my experiece, uob and publicbank quite easy to deal with. ambank's officer was ok, but they need to see you have lots of savings or a fat income. eonbank is the worst because if they think that you income does not justify the loan amount, they will ask you to add in another person as borrower.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for reply. Oh looks like Molek really cannot park for free. When i come back to the car, saw only a few cars along same stretch got the pink summon leh, the rest are spared. I still dont understand how it works. No car park sign of need to put coupon. So you mean 5 years didn't pay? The JB traffic police didn't retain you at causeway for not paying? Sometimes i see them stopping SG cars just before entering causeway.
the summon you got is issued by MBJB. usually the malaysian will ignore them. if you pay the fine within 2 weeks, you will be given discount. i think is a 50%

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
the summon you got is issued by MBJB. usually the malaysian will ignore them. if you pay the fine within 2 weeks, you will be given discount. i think is a 50%

I went m'cca in june and was issued summon by the ura equivalent there cos neva display coupon. 30rm. Went to the payment counter to pay n was given discount wout qns n paid 5rm only (wic is equivalent to whole day parkg coupon wic can park anywhere in mcca town).

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro Narmi, wow... since you haven't move in yet, my guess is you bought the semi-d... nice. We were looking at that too... i like the "basement" room concept. But we wanted a bit more land so we bought the one in P8A instead. May I know which bank and interest package did you get?

Thanks.

Excellent chox bro vincent
Coming fr spore hdb pigeon hole the small land beside the hse seems to me like a soccer field alreadyso i am fine and even if got big one may hv prob keepg grass short lol cos the last thg i want for my weekend is 2 be used for cuttg grass heheh and d basement rm concept is cool n i chop already for my MAN CAVE hehhehe..btw i got uob lah cos its d one that can give me 90% loan for 30yrs tho I plan to clear mortgage earlier than that.

*What i like abt this forum is that it is non exclusive n not based on on wic residence u reside. So we can interact wif diff jb residence owners n get pleasant surprise to get to know ppl fr ur residential area also in d forum..all thanks to bro wuqi.

*Btw long time never hear fr bro AP..where is he?

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

i hear that they are quite strict with enforcement now no more 50%. Not sure about national day discount though.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey guys, today's straits times report on Iskandar Malaysia again, 2 pages of report. Iskandar Malaysia, 5 years on. It's worth reading, so get your straits times today.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey guys, today's straits times report on Iskandar Malaysia again, 2 pages of report. Iskandar Malaysia, 5 years on. It's worth reading, so get your straits times today.

I was expecting more from the two full pages but basically the same news that we already know. Still I don't see sg govt putting the money in yet , just lots of talk about iconic project. To me that is the single most important project of confidence. Perhaps the next one is the detail of rail connection, still not clear where and how it ease the transportation need of the residents in nusajaya. Apparently, only nusajaya took off well, while the other four big dream remains as dream till now.

The best read was the malay grandpa that invested only rm1000 in '60 for a piece of waterfront land that is potentially worth RM3million now. WOW !

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, even though these are news that we already know, I am glad it is posted for the other 80-90 % singaporeans who don't know.. Once the price shoot through roof, more people will want to buy as the fear of not able to buy in future is more powerful than the rational reasoning..

I was expecting more from the two full pages but basically the same news that we already know. Still I don't see sg govt putting the money in yet , just lots of talk about iconic project. To me that is the single most important project of confidence. Perhaps the next one is the detail of rail connection, still not clear where and how it ease the transportation need of the residents in nusajaya. Apparently, only nusajaya took off well, while the other four big dream remains as dream till now.

The best read was the malay grandpa that invested only rm1000 in '60 for a piece of waterfront land that is potentially worth RM3million now. WOW !

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello everyone, I went to Horizon Hills' clubhouse just now and the whole carpark was full, mostly BMWs. Found out later that BMW is having a golf event today.

I'm at Bukit Indah Jusco's Lavender Bistro(free wifi) now having some snacks. Will be going to Jia Jia Le for bitter gourd soup later as recommended by Yonglip :smile: Have a good weekend.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello everyone, I went to Horizon Hills' clubhouse just now and the whole carpark was full, mostly BMWs. Found out later that BMW is having a golf event today.

I'm at Bukit Indah Jusco's Lavender Bistro(free wifi) now having some snacks. Will be going to Jia Jia Le for bitter gourd soup later as recommended by Yonglip :smile: Have a good weekend.

Your life is good brother ! More BMW to HH , more appreciation for your investment there .

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was expecting more from the two full pages but basically the same news that we already know. Still I don't see sg govt putting the money in yet , just lots of talk about iconic project. To me that is the single most important project of confidence. Perhaps the next one is the detail of rail connection, still not clear where and how it ease the transportation need of the residents in nusajaya. Apparently, only nusajaya took off well, while the other four big dream remains as dream till now.The best read was the malay grandpa that invested only rm1000 in '60 for a piece of waterfront land that is potentially worth RM3million now. WOW !

Hey Bros and Sis,

All of you so busy posting and dreaming of the 'millions' that you didn't or might have BUT thought nothing of it...... You've posted 10000 over post......:0 CONGRATULATIONS to Bro Wuqi and all the forummers.......The grandfather when HE bought that piece of land probably faced the same sort of disbelief and ridicule like Bro Wuqi and fellow forummers who bought early...... The granddad is "laughing all way to the BANK....... NOW!!!!! :smile:What say you Bro Wuqi!!!!!!!!On a different note, I was told that Puteri Harbour will be an interchange like CityHall MRT where the local JB light rail will connect to the MRT which will come across from TUAS?????? Suppose to be happening in 2015. Immigration formalities will be cleared at point of depature on either side of the Crossing point. So PLEASE don't jump on me....... this is what I was told. Maybe on of our fellow Bro/Sis can confirm or NOT......

Definitely more people will be moving into the area so may not have to wait as long as that wise Grandad!!!!!

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Bros and Sis,

All of you so busy posting and dreaming of the 'millions' that you didn't or might have BUT thought nothing of it...... You've posted 10000 over post......:0 CONGRATULATIONS to Bro Wuqi and all the forummers.......The grandfather when HE bought that piece of land probably faced the same sort of disbelief and ridicule like Bro Wuqi and fellow forummers who bought early...... The granddad is "laughing all way to the BANK....... NOW!!!!! :smile:What say you Bro Wuqi!!!!!!!!On a different note, I was told that Puteri Harbour will be an interchange like CityHall MRT where the local JB light rail will connect to the MRT which will come across from TUAS?????? Suppose to be happening in 2015. Immigration formalities will be cleared at point of depature on either side of the Crossing point. So PLEASE don't jump on me....... this is what I was told. Maybe on of our fellow Bro/Sis can confirm or NOT......

Definitely more people will be moving into the area so may not have to wait as long as that wise Grandad!!!!!

I think the report say MRT sg station is near the Woodland Polytechnic linking to JB sentra . Fr JB sentra will then link to Nusajaya , Bukit Indah and many other areas . Unlikely to link via Tuas as that bridge is damn long like 5 km .

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

i like lavender's cappucino and their breads...a tad pricey tho.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the report say MRT sg station is near the Woodland Polytechnic linking to JB sentra . Fr JB sentra will then link to Nusajaya , Bukit Indah and many other areas . Unlikely to link via Tuas as that bridge is damn long like 5 km .

how about linking from both causeway and 2nd link, since they are extending SMRT's East West Line to Tuas, and then both lines will meet in the Nusajaya interchange. That may be a future future plan we do not know yet. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.