• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ginfreely, the best is when you park go up to the shopkeeper infront to ask need coupon or not. In the tmn molek stretch the parking auntie very onz one sure make a lot of comission. The stretch that is free is the OSK/OCBC/P1/umobile stretch/old town. The free parking comes with the newly developed shoplots for a period of 3 years. Can't remember when they'll expire though.

Oic actually never used coupon in JB before, only pay car park in KSL, Jusco etc, always thought the open car parks infront of shop houses are privately owned by shops and free for customers, after all no numbering and car park sign of parking rates. :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The difference is that Summons around Tamans are issued by the local town council, just like your HDB/URA - not easy for them to enforce the collection of fines whereas if you get the ones issued by their Polis Traffik, they will make efforts to hunt/haunt you for payment. But of course, you can wait for their Great Traffic Sales around their annual Merdeka Day celebrations. :smile:

So good, must wait for the sale then. When is Merdeka day? HDB/URA can charge us in court if don't pay up the fine, the only good thing is can ask for waiver from them. :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you see a MPJBT signage? I kenna fined elsewhere before.. Cannot pay online.. got to pay at a govt building near the old malaysian customs side.. if you need i can check the address on my payment slip..

Just checked it is Majlis Bandaraya Johor Bahru, so MBJB, no T behind. The form is in pink and everything in Malay. Huh cannot pay online, plus can wait for sale and 5 years, no motivation to pay already....but can ask you for the address? Thanks a lot. :smile:

Oh which area were you fined for the parking? You know how the coupon system work in JB? Need to pay how much for open car park there?

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks most of us need to set aside maybe 1-2% of the property price to cope with some of these quality issues - if we don't want to spend a year waiting for the developer. eg. you might want to quicky make some minor rectification so that you can start renting out your house. I heard even EL is not that perfect but feedback from the Phase 1 semi-D people is at least they are responsive.

I know this is not right but seriously, do you think the developer worries about "reputation" when people are snapping up their houses before official launch?? Just look at FEO in Singapore, their reputation stinked like shit yet they remain one of the most successful developer.

To minimise the chances of these frustration, i would say if the Sales don't even treat you decently, then forget about buying - you can imagine how "responsive" they will be when you face any problems later. I tend to support the guy who started a facebook account highlighting his plight. It might affect owners who want to sell in the short term but in the long term it is good for customers.

Last edited:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
This issue of developers engaging lousy contractors and using cheapo materials to cut cost irks me.

When I read the Chinese forum of leaking toilets during the handover, it makes me laugh. My own home toilet only starts to leak after ten years :biggrin:. I cannot imagaine living in a home with such defects that have to be rectified constantly.

Properties in Singapore are generally okay in quality (of course at a price!) - but lack space , that's all.

I am not really impressed with the golf view at HH too.(my personal opinion lah) Think the scenery outside my present living room window is better (until they decide to build the mrt depot there :()

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at this news , it is a matter of time they up the min. price of foreigner purchase to 1 million RM .

Yes. it will be a matter of time before they revised the min to RM750K and eventually RM1 million especially for houses in the Special Economic Zone (Iskandar). The mid income locals will start to complain they are being squeezed out of the mid level markets by Singaporeans. As it is, many mid income locals are already buying houses in the RM500K range...

However i will not over commit..just one will do. In fact my JB prop represent just a small part of my net total assets.

Cheers.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes , its at nusa idaman , actual location not sure yet.
But high chance could be at the sales office.
I think you're referring to the small one near the sales office, where the mosque entrance is on the same road as the Precinct 8 entrance. I bought a unit in Precinct 8A; looking forward to it being ready in mid-2012. Already found 2 neighbours in this forum staying in the same place.

IMHO, altho HH's security is better but I feel that it is overpriced and it is further to drive in/out for now. After buying NI, we have some money leftover to renovate extensively since this will be our permanent home liao. Have you purchase any units yet? All the best in your decision-making.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes , its at nusa idaman , actual location not sure yet.
But high chance could be at the sales office.

confirmed near the site office. you might want to check out earlier posting.

tamans with more singaporean malays as well as local malays will naturally go ahead with their mosque building plan. For other tamans, the land is catered for the mosque but it may or may not be built depending on demand.

Cheers.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you're referring to the small one near the sales office, where the mosque entrance is on the same road as the Precinct 8 entrance. I bought a unit in Precinct 8A; looking forward to it being ready in mid-2012. Already found 2 neighbours in this forum staying in the same place.

IMHO, altho HH's security is better but I feel that it is overpriced and it is further to drive in/out for now. After buying NI, we have some money leftover to renovate extensively since this will be our permanent home liao. Have you purchase any units yet? All the best in your decision-making.

Hi Vincent

I yet to place my deposit coz I intends to look around first , Yes , I do like NI's pricing coz I dun wan to spend too much in case i dun like it after staying but the mosque sort of makes me look elsewhere.
I didnt see any Precinct 8A , the one I am looking at its East Lake , Precinct 8 and it will only be ready 2 yrs later.

Btw , is it standard that levy for foreginer is RM12,000 ?

Thanks

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
confirmed near the site office. you might want to check out earlier posting.

tamans with more singaporean malays as well as local malays will naturally go ahead with their mosque building plan. For other tamans, the land is catered for the mosque but it may or may not be built depending on demand.

Cheers.

Hi Yonglip

Thanks for sharing info .
Based on your experinces , do you think with a mosque in the taman will bring up the properties price ? I doubt so.
Neither will expats and singaporeans will invest in such areas right ?

I dun want to buy a house and the price will depreciate in yrs time due to some reason.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Yonglip

Based on your experinces , do you think with a mosque in the taman will bring up the properties price ? I doubt so.

I dun want to buy a house and the price will depreciate in yrs time due to some reason.

hard for me to comment. if its going to be a huge mosque that attracts not only the muslims staying in the precint but also muslims from other nearby precints then traffic/parking will be an issue..especially on Fridays. However if it is just a small local mosque then it should be neutral la.. afterall this is a muslim majority country and we have to be accepting of their religious practices and customs.

cheers.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am not mistaken, I paid RM10600. Not sure about it, but very very sure it was less than RM12000.

The state consent fee is 10000RM. However the lawyer charge me a lot of misc fees which eventually add up to 11K.. Anyway...just make sure you get a good lawyer..

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
So good, must wait for the sale then. When is Merdeka day? HDB/URA can charge us in court if don't pay up the fine, the only good thing is can ask for waiver from them. :smile:
toyohon is right; it's quite challenging for the local town councils to enforce payment of fines; even in Petaling Jaya or other towns around Klang Valley. Most people I know in KL have a habit of throing away their parking summons. Until the local town council ties up with the RTD and traffic police, there is little to worry about if you don't pay. Anyway, Merdeka Day is on 31st Aug.

BTW, I'm not advocating "not" paying your fine; just sharing how it is.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
toyohon is right; it's quite challenging for the local town councils to enforce payment of fines; even in Petaling Jaya or other towns around Klang Valley. Most people I know in KL have a habit of throing away their parking summons. Until the local town council ties up with the RTD and traffic police, there is little to worry about if you don't pay. Anyway, Merdeka Day is on 31st Aug.

BTW, I'm not advocating "not" paying your fine; just sharing how it is.

Even if we want to pay, we also don't know where to pay... Don't worry... just wait for traffic police to stop you for payment.. Make sure you get a receipt..

Last time I was told $250RM with receipt, $150RM with no receipt..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crystal, buy only if you are comfortable and something you can sleep without worrying.. Frankly speaking there are lots of property options... If to buy for own stay, I think Nusa Idaman is good.. If to buy for investment, it must have something unique that you can sell to... Also be prepared to do renovation..since their finishing is really bare or nothing..

For ladies, you might consider Condo too.. Property beside mosque.. I think should be safe from robbers?

Hi Yonglip

Last edited:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Vincent

I yet to place my deposit coz I intends to look around first , Yes , I do like NI's pricing coz I dun wan to spend too much in case i dun like it after staying but the mosque sort of makes me look elsewhere.
I didnt see any Precinct 8A , the one I am looking at its East Lake , Precinct 8 and it will only be ready 2 yrs later.

Btw , is it standard that levy for foreginer is RM12,000 ?

Thanks
Precinct 8A is already sold out; UEM just launched Precinct 8B on 18/9. I went there for the launch and was interested in the corner unit with 40ft land. FYI, the mosque that has been built is a relatively small mosque, compared to other mosques in MY. We don't really like staying near the mosque too because in Msia the Muslims are allowed to air their prayers thru loudspeakers for everyone to hear. But since we'll only be in on weekends and PH, and we have a row of houses to "absorb" the sound, it should be bearable.

Where is East Lake? Also in NI or nearby? The Precinct 8B that we saw is already under construction. Legally, the developer must complete landed properties and handover the keys 2 years from the date of S&P signing. For my unit in P8A, we signed in Dec '10 but the targeted completion date is July '12.

Regarding the levy, sorry I can't help you there because I'm a Malaysian. Other bros & sis can advise you on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.