• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi sanur..u mean to say that they longer require RM300K in FD anymore as long as you can show them u have more than RM500K in cash savings?..

Hi

This the first part of the submission, the second part will be opening a fix deposit using yr shown amount, than buy a medical issuance, a basic medical check up. The last will b having the mm2 sticker on yr passport which could b done in Jb itself

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a learned friend in property planning business who believe property market will crash since 2004.. So until today, he is still sitting on cash.. not a single property...

Now everyone is expecting property to crash in 2013.. I don't know.... In year 2008 financial crissis, we also expect property to crash..but...

Global recession in 2012 "can't be ruled out": IMF

BRUSSELS - Recession is a live risk next year, particularly in Europe, a senior IMF figure said Wednesday in Brussels as the eurozone toils with twin sovereign debt and banking crises.

International Monetary Fund Europe director Antonio Borges warned that a recession in 2012 "can't be ruled out," citing a possibility that "activity will turn downwards."

He was issuing the IMF's economic outlook for Europe in Brussels, at a time when the Greek-triggered sovereign debt crisis has already claimed its first banking victim in Dexia with a new finance industry credit crunch punishing those most exposed to Greek debt.

The IMF still tips 1.1 percent growth for the eurozone next year, but admits it got earlier 2011 forecasts wrong and angled the 100-page report describing the region's economic prospects on policy changes that would be required if a downturn is confirmed.

Borges said the international lender of last resort would recommend "changing economic policy" away from austerity and back towards US and British-style stimulus.

Citing a "far more risk-averse" mood among investors, he said the best Europe could hope for would be "very modest" growth.

Any "stall" in growth by this year's end would demand a reversal of 2011 fiscal policy where possible, Borges said.

He said: "If ever there was a more significant recession in Europe, and I hope that is not the case but we cannot exclude it, then... all those countries with fiscal leeway might want to consider that."

He specifically ruled out Italy and Spain from turning to stimulus, but the report underlined: "The pursuit of nominal deficit targets should not come at the expense of risking a widespread contraction in economic activity."

Countries with access to funding "at historically low" interest rates "should consider delaying some of their fiscal consolidation," it said, while "monetary tightening in the cyclically more advanced economies will need to be paused or even reversed."

Ahead of new EU growth figures due out on Thursday expected to show the debt-laden currency area slipping dangerously towards negative growth, a closely-watched survey of purchasing managers showed the eurozone already flipped into reverse gear in September.

Falling to its lowest level in more than two years, the final Eurozone Composite Output Index compiled by London-based researchers Markit logged 49.1 points, compared with 50.7 in August. Any score below 50 indicates contraction.

Markit noted "faster rates of contraction in Italy and Spain accompanied by near-stagnation in France and Germany," with chief economist Chris Williamson saying the results provided "confirmation that the eurozone recovery has ground to a halt".

On Tuesday, Standard & Poor's revised downwards its growth projections for the eurozone in 2012 and warned that "the chances of Europe plunging into a new recession now appear more likely".

It put the odds for recession at 40 percent, still predicting growth of 1.1 percent for the eurozone, down from the previous 1.8 percent, but only 0.5 percent for the key Italian economy.

US bank Goldman Sachs, for its part, predicts a "light recession" across the eurozone, although it still tips 3.5 percent global growth.

In late September, the IMF warned that the global economy had entered "a dangerous new phase," saying a fall back into recession for Western economies would have serious knock-on effects for the rest of the globe.

China will continue to lead with a 9.0 percent expansion next year, it nonetheless said.

- AFP/ir

Oh no , does that means better dun buy property at the moment ??

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for reply. Oh looks like Molek really cannot park for free. When i come back to the car, saw only a few cars along same stretch got the pink summon leh, the rest are spared. I still dont understand how it works. No car park sign of need to put coupon. So you mean 5 years didn't pay? The JB traffic police didn't retain you at causeway for not paying? Sometimes i see them stopping SG cars just before entering causeway.

The difference is that Summons around Tamans are issued by the local town council, just like your HDB/URA - not easy for them to enforce the collection of fines whereas if you get the ones issued by their Polis Traffik, they will make efforts to hunt/haunt you for payment. But of course, you can wait for their Great Traffic Sales around their annual Merdeka Day celebrations. :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a learned friend in property planning business who believe property market will crash since 2004.. So until today, he is still sitting on cash.. not a single property...

Now everyone is expecting property to crash in 2013.. I don't know.... In year 2008 financial crissis, we also expect property to crash..but...

hmm , i scare recession no job then no money to pay for mortgage loans ...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm , i scare recession no job then no money to pay for mortgage loans ...

Dont worry lah , you buy those near to 500K terrace , even recession the limit will still be 500K for foreigners right. Only things is the developer may give you some freebies or discount to boost sale during the recession.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont worry lah , you buy those near to 500K terrace , even recession the limit will still be 500K for foreigners right. Only things is the developer may give you some freebies or discount to boost sale during the recession.

ya lor , so now i dun buy first is it ?
see see look look first coz i really dun like to have the mosque in the place where I be staying .....

btw , where did you buy your house ?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give foreigners more property mart info
Oct 06, 2011

Malaysia should put in more effort to disseminate information on the local property market overseas to attract investments in high-end projects in the country.

Malaysia Property Inc chief executive officer, Kumar Tharmalingam, said if foreign buying were to increase by three per cent, it would contribute up to RM20 billion in sales to the country's property market.

"We have all the system in place. All we need is publicity on what real estate is about in the country," he told reporters after the launch of Asia-Pacific Real Estate Association's (APREA) Malaysia Chapter today.

Last year, total property transactions in the country amounted to RM107.44 billion, of which overseas investors made up 11 per cent.

He said the lack of information was because not many international property research houses were set up in the country due to legal hindrance.

"The more international property research houses we have, the more exposed the market will be and the higher the chances they (foreign buyers) will come here," he said.

Kumar said despite more foreign investors buying local properties, the country was not expected to face housing shortage as the current infrastructure could host 50 million people compared to the country's population of about 28 million.

"Foreigners buy high-end projects which cost over RM1 million each and this does not affect the middle- and low-income buyers," he said.

The Malaysia Chapter was set up as part of APREA's strategy to operate on a decentralised basis with local identities in all key markets in the region.

It will disseminate information on the opportunities in Malaysia to the international investors and provide the local community with an expanded network. -Bernama

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give foreigners more property mart info
Oct 06, 2011

Malaysia should put in more effort to disseminate information on the local property market overseas to attract investments in high-end projects in the country.

Malaysia Property Inc chief executive officer, Kumar Tharmalingam, said if foreign buying were to increase by three per cent, it would contribute up to RM20 billion in sales to the country's property market.

"We have all the system in place. All we need is publicity on what real estate is about in the country," he told reporters after the launch of Asia-Pacific Real Estate Association's (APREA) Malaysia Chapter today.

Last year, total property transactions in the country amounted to RM107.44 billion, of which overseas investors made up 11 per cent.

He said the lack of information was because not many international property research houses were set up in the country due to legal hindrance.

"The more international property research houses we have, the more exposed the market will be and the higher the chances they (foreign buyers) will come here," he said.

Kumar said despite more foreign investors buying local properties, the country was not expected to face housing shortage as the current infrastructure could host 50 million people compared to the country's population of about 28 million.

"Foreigners buy high-end projects which cost over RM1 million each and this does not affect the middle- and low-income buyers," he said.

The Malaysia Chapter was set up as part of APREA's strategy to operate on a decentralised basis with local identities in all key markets in the region.

It will disseminate information on the opportunities in Malaysia to the international investors and provide the local community with an expanded network. -Bernama

Looking at this news , it is a matter of time they up the min. price of foreigner purchase to 1 million RM . They are very interested to attract rich foreigners . This is unlike SG, fake FTs that come in with few bucks in the wallet also can . Make a few Ks a month at some KTVs or H81 , after few years can buy BTO liao !

Last edited:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya lor , so now i dun buy first is it ?
see see look look first coz i really dun like to have the mosque in the place where I be staying .....

btw , where did you buy your house ?
Hi Crystal, where is this place that has a mosque? Is that at Nusa Idaman, at the corner near the Sales Office?

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides HH which is receiving numerous compaints of poor finishings and inferior quality of materials used, Setia properties are facing similar problems of leaking pipes and cracks etc..:mad:

Below is a Chinese JB forum , sharing the problems the owners faced after getting the keys to their new properties at Bukit Indah. :(

http://chinese4.cari.com.my/viewthread.php?tid=2470528&extra=page=2&page=38

Good info to help us make that wise decision of buying a property.:smile:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides HH which is receiving numerous compaints of poor finishings and inferior quality of materials used, Setia properties are facing similar problems of leaking pipes and cracks etc..:mad:

Below is a Chinese JB forum , sharing the problems the owners faced after getting the keys to their new properties at Bukit Indah. :(

Indah houses mostly cant match in quality lah , just see the way the high voltage wires runing infront of your houses , look cheap leh . All these should be under ground like most other high end development .

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
HH is not poor finishing.. I think it is no finishing at all... So one still has to do necessary renovation..

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indah houses mostly cant match in quality lah , just see the way the high voltage wires runing infront of your houses , look cheap leh . All these should be under ground like most other high end development .

Actually , the cables are all underground for the new properties lah. I would say the designs and layout for Setia houses are rather interesting and modern. (much better than HH layout ) Sad that the quality does not match up lor.

I love LF's design for their Bayou Creek project ..lovely... but again it's my personal liking. I go for houses with double volume, high ceiling and lots of light.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
HH is not poor finishing.. I think it is no finishing at all... So one still has to do necessary renovation..

lol... if HH is able to produce houses of EL/LF's quality and design, I would have bought into it. I can't "stomach' a house with ceramics or porecelain tiles all over.:eek: and paying almost a million for it.

Very hard to find a perfect house (for own stay) especially one with location, amenities, environment, security and quality finishing. Sigh....still looking :smile:

Last edited:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone got summon at Taman Molek before? I got a RM30 summon for parking in front of a shophouse there on a weekday afternoon. How come? I thought those parking lots in front of shophouses elsewhere in JB are free - no car park sign of need to put coupons in Molek also. Can pay the summon online?

Did you see a MPJBT signage? I kenna fined elsewhere before.. Cannot pay online.. got to pay at a govt building near the old malaysian customs side.. if you need i can check the address on my payment slip..

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Crazy pricing now.. someone offered me RM 1.2m for one of my 3 storey semi-d at the Horizon Hills, fully furnished.. I told him no way.. at least RM 2M.

Hi HH,
May I know how much you bought it for and also what's the built-up size? Is it in The Golf and facing golf course? Was it a resale unit?
Do you mind sharing with us the total no. of units you have invested so far?

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol... if HH is able to produce houses of EL/LF's quality and design, I would have bought into it. I can't "stomach' a house with ceramics or porecelain tiles all over.:eek: and paying almost a million for it.

Very hard to find a perfect house especially one with location, amenities, environment and quality finishing. Sigh....still looking :smile:

For HH units that has golf view, i think the price is well worth it. After reno, it'll be a landed with scenery which others can't match.
For non golf view, that's another story, but i think it's not all so bad.

For EL, I love the quality. However, it is still the typical landed where the land is flat and you don't get to see much. (see roads or see your neighbour's house...)

Status
Not open for further replies.