• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess your transport bill can cut at least 50% if you travel by causeway..

Allowing me to input my personal views here. If life is really so good and easy in JB, 5 million Sporeans would already be staying in JB. If you think of using the customs daily, never even think of using Woodlands customs. There are instances whereby I leave my house at 6am and reach office 9am, esp during rainy days. The traffic is horrible and I dont think one would want to subject yourself to these perennial stress and struck in traffic jams for 4-6 hours daily. Once a week is fine but if u are struck in jams EVERY day, its really bad for your health. We are not talking about CTE jams, which is really nothing compared to those at Customs whereby cars simply cut u off anytime without any signals.. And u get the risk of dents on your cars. What for?

I decided to use 2nd link but still, ever since they reduced the toll charges, the traffic has increased and is EVER increasing. The traffic now at 2nd link is like the Woodlands traffic in the 1990s where jams are very rare except during weekends but for how long? It will surely become another Woodlands checkpoint because every other day, new house owners are moving into Gelang Patah, Taman Scientex, Sri Orchid, Nusantanra, Perinitis towns, Skudai, Bukit Indah, Horizon Hills, Leisure Farms, East Ledang and Ledang Heights etc.. not forgetting the condos that will ultimately commands the skylines.

Currently the jam is "acceptable" even though sometimes it takes 5-10 times for 1-2 cars in front to clear at Tuas.

In the months of Nov and Dec, one has to observe and prepare the jams because of the school holidays. Last time around Dec time, there were many postings regarding the horrible jams at Tuas throughout the months of Dec. I remembered kena strucked in the Tuas Checkpoint when I was returning to JB for about 2 hours daily during that period.

Ask yourself, if you can accept this current jams or the eventual jams that will surely materalise in the coming 5 years.. if u can, then you can move into Nusajaya. For me I have tried daily and I think I can't accept, as it is taking a significant toll on my mental beings. I had to plan, organise daily and when I am driving towards the Tuas and Malaysian checkpoint, it has come to a point where my heart beats faster because I am wondering if the jams will be there.

After sometimes, I moved back to Spore and found that I saved quite a bit ( around S$1000 ) on tolls and petrol.. The journey to and fro Nusajaya and spore office alone is about S$1000 a month with tolls, which is absolutely extra expenses for me. Yes. I get to stay in a larger house with fresher air but the jams daily simply turned me off. Now I only return to JB once a week, sometimes to collect rent, pump petrol etc and I find that life is much easier and I got so much more time on my side. No more horrific jams at the customs :smile: and I being to appreciate the simple PIE and CTE jams and the journey from Tampines to Jurong seem to much shorter than before.. as I dont have to drive 120 km to and from my Malaysian house and Spore office daily.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
My mum no income leh. How to apply loan?
Anyway I went to hh n nusa idaman show house today.
Nusa is within my budget. So I might get it.

Possible , check with your developer . Buy under her name , you do the financing without your name in the SPA . You can then apply BTO with you name.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best is to have both lah , jb for quality life . SG to compete against the FTs must not lost out to them mah .

Ha,

There are some sure wins in Singapore..

1: Govt. When they give something to locals, they sure get many times back in return -- sure win

2: Foreigners who are working in Singapore and given PRs, can buy house with their CPF and kept their house in their country when our govt can never check.. -- sure win. (nothing against PRs.. just not happy with govt policy)

3: Govt bring in FTs, give them PR, lower down cost of employment, maximize their profits, still have more CPFs.. -- sure win

4: Pensions, GRP bonus, Specical bonus by ministers... sure win..

There are some sure loses..

1: Govt investment overseas -- sure lose... never win..
2: Singaporeans.. everything under the sun are charged at market rate and nothing is subsidized -- >sure lose

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Possible , check with your developer . Buy under her name , you do the financing without your name in the SPA . You can then apply BTO with you name.

but i need my mum's name as occupant in my BTO leh , remember I am single which govt think its e lowest priority for us to get a flat....
And she mentioned that if transfer ownership later have to pay a sum of legal fees etc , not easy done in msia.
My friend kenna before , the lawyers there take long to do so....

As my mum quite old liao , a lot of complications if she suddenly migrate to another world. *touchwood*
And i cant use my sis names as they are not supportive for me to get a house in JB lor .

Last edited:

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
but i need my mum's name as occupant in my BTO leh , remember I am single which govt think its e lowest priority for us to get a flat....
And she mentioned that if transfer ownership later have to pay a sum of legal fees etc , not easy done in msia.
My friend kenna before , the lawyers there take long to do so....

As my mum quite old liao , a lot of complications if she suddenly migrate to another world. *touchwood*
And i cant use my sis names as they are not supportive for me to get a house in JB lor .

If you mom name needs to be in the bto... Then it makes no dfference if the jb house is bought under ur name or her name... Cos by right u and her will not be allowed to buy an overseas property until u fulfil the MOP of ur sg flat....

So if u buy under ur name, u can save the trouble of ownership Trf.... But if u die die feel "safer" to buy Unser her name, I dunnoe if a will is good enuff anot.. U need to check with a lawyer on this

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you mom name needs to be in the bto... Then it makes no dfference if the jb house is bought under ur name or her name... Cos by right u and her will not be allowed to buy an overseas property until u fulfil the MOP of ur sg flat....

So if u buy under ur name, u can save the trouble of ownership Trf.... But if u die die feel "safer" to buy Unser her name, I dunnoe if a will is good enuff anot.. U need to check with a lawyer on this

maybe can do it by left ???? haha , just trying my luck ....

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
About the jams at tuas and woodlands causeway.
I think that is keeping my family from staying in JB, especially when we have 2 young kids.

However, it would be a different scene if in the future....
- majority of people travel by public transport due to high cost of owning cars
- no jams at causeway if you go in via MRT

So for me, If I buy, I am banking on the eventual linking of MRt at Woodlands by 2018.
If that happens, and Johor really link up from JB Sentral to other parts of Nusajaya, property price will shoot up because it becomes viable to live in JB.
Even if they do not link up the MRT within Nusajaya and only have the MRt link from woodlands to JB Sentral, it is still viable since a car in JB is affordable but a car in Sg is not. So within SG we take MRT but once reach JB, we drive our Malaysian car. That could be the new norm come 2018?

i believe the above scenario - Singaporeans, Malaysians & Expats living in JB but working in Singapore - can be a win-win for both Johor and Singapore and thus would not be dis-encouraged by both governments.
From Sg perspective, it is good because
- companies are still in singapore and thus providing jobs and tax income for Sg
- prevent overcrowding (of roads/ bus/ MRT/shopping malls) as we further increase our GDP & create more jobs
- able to attract more FT as cost of living may now be lowered for them
- prevent property bubble due to over demand & limited supply

From Malaysia perspective, it is good because obviously will bring $$$ into their economy through more spendings (food, cars, property, etc).

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been commuting across 2nd link between 8am to 9am for the last 3 years. It is not so bad leh? It takes me 1 hr to 1.15 hr to get from Bukit Indah to Bedok.

I spend RM40 - 45 on petrol everyday add that to tolls that works out to S$700 per month. My rent is RM1000 a mont. So it still works out cheaper to me

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys

whats the bank loan interest like ?
my sales gal never answer me directly

Question: Whats the bank interest rate at the moment ?
Reply : If you willing to get 85% , only UOB bank able to provide the highest margin but there rate also quite attractive . Other than UOB , Hong Leong bank , Maybank , Public Bank & RHB are offering attractive packages also.

And how come they need to see our bank statements ah , so strict ah , me CPF rich nia , so thats means its hard to approve my loan ?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha.. One day when you become a stay home mum, you will also find yourself with lowest priority as compared with a working mum..

I actually very much agree on this. Every year, no budget for us. The NS man, the workers, the old and the young all got angpow, only no recognition for the SAHM(Stay-at-home-mum). :P

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been commuting across 2nd link between 8am to 9am for the last 3 years. It is not so bad leh? It takes me 1 hr to 1.15 hr to get from Bukit Indah to Bedok.

I spend RM40 - 45 on petrol everyday add that to tolls that works out to S$700 per month. My rent is RM1000 a mont. So it still works out cheaper to me

I think it depends of personal character as well. If you are the impatient kind who tends to flare up in a jam, or the minute someone cuts into your lane, then travelling to and fro between JB and Singapore using the causeway is definate not for the you. :smile:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys

whats the bank loan interest like ?
my sales gal never answer me directly

Question: Whats the bank interest rate at the moment ?
Reply : If you willing to get 85% , only UOB bank able to provide the highest margin but there rate also quite attractive . Other than UOB , Hong Leong bank , Maybank , Public Bank & RHB are offering attractive packages also.

And how come they need to see our bank statements ah , so strict ah , me CPF rich nia , so thats means its hard to approve my loan ?

You need to show proof of income. Your CPF can see cannot touch/use for housing in Malaysia.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
okay , my friend currently is staying at the old straitsview , the security is tight over there but i dun like the crowd around the surroundings.
The bridge back to JB/SG is quite jam during peak hours.

crystal, better ignore such posts...
sounds way too sales reppy coming from a new registered user of only 1 post...

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it depends of personal character as well. If you are the impatient kind who tends to flare up in a jam, or the minute someone cuts into your lane, then travelling to and fro between JB and Singapore using the causeway is definate not for the you. :smile:

ha.. I can tolerate causeway.. but find the jam is usually from Singapore custom.. and the bad drivers are usually Singaporeans.. I find Malaysian usually more tolerant in the jam...
As my time is flexi, I can travel in and out of JB during non peak time.. so avoid 8-9am or 4:30 - 6:30pm seemed fine for me..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha.. I can tolerate causeway.. but find the jam is usually from Singapore custom.. and the bad drivers are usually Singaporeans.. I find Malaysian usually more tolerant in the jam...
As my time is flexi, I can travel in and out of JB during non peak time.. so avoid 8-9am or 4:30 - 6:30pm seemed fine for me..

how u know its singkies ? could be PRs driving sg car plate ma ....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
You just have to show them proof of income into your saving account and blacken out other details such as your savings...

oh , u tried before ?

See my sales gal reply

QN : What documents you need from me to obtain bank loans ? The bank will loan based on my annual income right ? They wont know what other loans I have in Singapore ?
ANswer : Annual Income they need too . Normally , you need to give us the latest 3 months pay slip , 6 months bank statements , company letter , IR8A/ Notice of Assessment , saving _ prove your saving habits

east539

Alfrescian
Loyal
You just have to show them proof of income into your saving account and blacken out other details such as your savings...

har? just show the proof of income into bank account can liao ah? sian...i show the bank everything....

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
HH is good that you have listed your grievances here so as to allow users to be fully informed about their living in jb choice. I think there are a lot of people who may be too mesmerized by the houses & 'savings'etc to look beyond at the feasibility in terms of the commute. Having said that I have also done both causeway and tuas.

There was a time I had to commute during 'normal hours'. The causeway traffic is incorrigible especially in morning peak traffic so I start out way earlier than the rest. About 5-5:30am. Problem starts at the MY side. But if you're sharp driver you might have noticed a 'secret-secret' route (most people only know the secret route) direct into the customs that has neither bikes nor buses nor Q cutters and is much faster. I reach work earlier than the cleaners who come in very early bout 6:30am. I start sending my emails about work basically to tell people I am already 'working' and in such days I leave by 3pm. Smooth out, smooth in. Saving time/petrol/money/raw emotions I reach home with plenty time to spare and even cook a proper dinner. Otherwise I go in slightly before noon and go home 9-10pm'ish cooking myself a good brunch before start.

My point is 2 folds. First avoid the peak crowd if possible, see if alternative arrangement can be made about work. 2nd, let the FT's work the normal hours and fight themselves out on public roads and transportation as you source for flexibility, even work-at-home opportunities... The FTs have invaded SG soil no doubt but stay 1 step ahead and you'll find yourself fully enjoying what JB life has to offer.

Cases like Cathy, she has kids so she goes out early as well since school starts early and double/triple use her time and when she and her family returns during off peak hours, the journey is relatively smooth. So there exists several permutations here and therein lies the beauty!

Allowing me to input my personal views here. If life is really so good and easy in JB, 5 million Sporeans would already be staying in JB. If you think of using the customs daily, never even think of using Woodlands customs. There are instances whereby I leave my house at 6am and reach office 9am, esp during rainy days. The traffic is horrible and I dont think one would want to subject yourself to these perennial stress and struck in traffic jams for 4-6 hours daily. Once a week is fine but if u are struck in jams EVERY day, its really bad for your health. We are not talking about CTE jams, which is really nothing compared to those at Customs whereby cars simply cut u off anytime without any signals.. And u get the risk of dents on your cars. What for?...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.