• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Vincent, there are unfortunately some folks who bought more than 5 properties and have no intention or inclination to rent them out. Some are waiting to move in, yet some owners are overseas so not planning to move in yet.

These are mainly clusters that are 2.5, some 2 storey clusters and some terraces. It definitely looks like you are buying subsale.

They are just sitting there now waiting for the appreciation. 460k is expensive, you are better off getting anything near 2/3 where its slightly bigger
(if available.)

Those with 4/2, 4/3 are the smallest units in HH.
Hi bro wuqi, thanks for your reply. I haven't had time to login since then to reply. But I've been reading the forum on my mrt rides to & fro work.

The time has come for my wife and I to move to Nusajaya; our hdb lease ends on 30th Nov. We'll start looking at iproperty.com.my for available units to rent, but just wanted to ask if anybody here has/knows any available house to rent for RM2k-2.5k, either in HH or NI, empty (no furniture) or partially furnished. Minimum must have lights, fans, aircond and water-heater.

Thanks.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the most naive perspective, it would be that the MY government simply making an investment into a good company. There are lots of Temasek companies in SG too....doesn't mean sg is going backwards just becos of that.

I do think they can somewhat monopolize the price in Johor but ultimately someone must be willing to buy. No demand the price must come down. No way any developer can in the long term deliver poor quality products and charge a premium.

From my simplistic point of view, they want to buy into Setia becos they see lots of profits in that company = many projects = many subcontract opportunities = many lobang for the people who has a say in awarding the sub-out contracts.
If the buy-out happens, let's see if the existing Chinese CEO is allowed to run the show. If Kenna kicked out, then people may worry about values of their SP Setia home.

so should we hold our purchase of setia houses? saw their new project at setia indah, thought of getting one for investment purpose.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually before 6am. Sometime earlier sometime later. Takes about 20+ minutes to reach there. Don't have any problem with this part of the journey.

Traffic starts to pile up at about 6am. Earlier on Monday and perhaps Friday because of big lorries. The rest of the days are ok to me.

Depends on when hubby knock off his work and my son have tuition on Tuesday. Starts our journey home at 9pm. Usually the Singapore custom right lane has open up so very fast. Takes about 1 hour if no jam. We take the Woodland custom.

I don't have a schedule with me but you can google it. I remember seeing it. Where are you residing? Don't know if the Kempas train station if still working. If you are staying in Setia Tropika, can consider this option.

3. Where do your kids attend tuition, JB or Sin?

My son have his tuition in Singapore. Can't manage to find one in such as short time.

No sweat. Hope I have helped answer your queries.:wink:

Thanks a lot for the reply. We will be staying at Austin area. Just try to find out other option when daddy finish work early, he may want to go home first. Then son got to find his way to cross the causeway. After that just pick him up at Johor side. Wow, so the time you spend in Sg is very long.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks a lot for the reply. We will be staying at Austin area. Just try to find out other option when daddy finish work early, he may want to go home first. Then son got to find his way to cross the causeway. After that just pick him up at Johor side. Wow, so the time you spend in Sg is very long.

If I stay in Singapore, I couch my kids on their homeworks and assessments all afternoon. When I live in JB, the difference is I couch my kids all afternoon in the library. Like now, I am making dd go through her notes as I am typing this. :P

I go the the gym in the morning on Mon, Wed, Friday and spent about 2 hours there. Others days I have my Meridian massage dance to occupy me as well as run errands. Sat, Sun and school holidays will be at JB.

You will think that I will be bored to death in Singapore all day. In actual fact I'm very occupied. Its again, just a matter of planning. :smile:

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I stay in Singapore, I couch my kids on their homeworks and assessments all afternoon. When I live in JB, the difference is I couch my kids all afternoon in the library. Like now, I am making dd go through her notes as I am typing this. :P

I go the the gym in the morning on Mon, Wed, Friday and spent about 2 hours there. Others days I have my Meridian massage dance to occupy me as well as run errands. Sat, Sun and school holidays will be at JB.

You will think that I will be bored to death in Singapore all day. In actual fact I'm very occupied. Its again, just a matter of planning. :smile:

ya, thought you will be bored while waiting for your kids but you definitely got good ways of killing the time.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
M'sia, S'pore to put out tender for JB-Singapore rapid transit system

Published on Oct 4, 2011

Purchase this article for republication

Buy SPH photos

By Lester Kong, Malaysia Correspondent
PUTRAJAYA, Malaysia - Malaysia and Singapore are seeking a consultant to undertake an engineering study for a rapid transit system linking Johor Baru and Singapore, Singapore's Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said here on Tuesday.

'Both countries will put out a tender at the same time so companies in Malaysia and Singapore can respond. The joint (Malaysian-Singapore) team will evaluate and pick one company,' Mr Lui told reporters after meeting his Malaysian counterpart Kong Cho Ha.

The minister, who was making a one-day introductory visit to Malaysia, said the rapid transit project was 'on time and on track'.

The rapid transit link is expected to run from a station near JB Sentral on the Johor side to one near Republic Polytechnic in Woodlands.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wish Singapore Malaysia border to open wider..... So govt can have more malaysia workers to work in Singapore and we can travel up and down JB with less traffic jam caused by Singapore custom..

M'sia, S'pore to put out tender for JB-Singapore rapid transit system

Published on Oct 4, 2011

Purchase this article for republication

Buy SPH photos

By Lester Kong, Malaysia Correspondent
PUTRAJAYA, Malaysia - Malaysia and Singapore are seeking a consultant to undertake an engineering study for a rapid transit system linking Johor Baru and Singapore, Singapore's Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said here on Tuesday.

'Both countries will put out a tender at the same time so companies in Malaysia and Singapore can respond. The joint (Malaysian-Singapore) team will evaluate and pick one company,' Mr Lui told reporters after meeting his Malaysian counterpart Kong Cho Ha.

The minister, who was making a one-day introductory visit to Malaysia, said the rapid transit project was 'on time and on track'.

The rapid transit link is expected to run from a station near JB Sentral on the Johor side to one near Republic Polytechnic in Woodlands.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
My mum no income leh. How to apply loan?
Anyway I went to hh n nusa idaman show house today.
Nusa is within my budget. So I might get it.

Ha.. One day when you become a stay home mum, you will also find yourself with lowest priority as compared with a working mum..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha.. One day when you become a stay home mum, you will also find yourself with lowest priority as compared with a working mum..

Hahaha. U r right ! E more I think about govt restrict us to buy properties the more I angry!!! Just restrict those PRs la, they are e ones jerked up prices in our pigeon hole. Else I won't hv to buy in jb.

At least Maia govt take gd care of their ppl lor.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha. U r right ! E more I think about govt restrict us to buy properties the more I angry!!! Just restrict those PRs la, they are e ones jerked up prices in our pigeon hole. Else I won't hv to buy in jb.

At least Maia govt take gd care of their ppl lor.

You will be even more angry to know while locals are restricted to buy, PRs are still allowed to rent out their HDB flat for income while they retire to their home country. They are making good income as HDB has very high rental yields.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
My mum no income leh. How to apply loan?
Anyway I went to hh n nusa idaman show house today.
Nusa is within my budget. So I might get it.

So you buying BTO and Malaysia house at the same time? If can buy BTO, should buy BTO first and not waste the entitlement, most singles have no such opportunity to buy BTO, only can buy resale at age 35.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys, I visited many new projects in Iskandar Malaysia. I find the best one to be The Straits View Residences. They have just launched their phase 4 for booking about a week ago. Prices are about the same as Senibong Cove and Horizon Hills but it is way more exclusive and facilities are much better. What do you think of the project? This new website also gives the most information about the project: The Straits View Residences

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you buying BTO and Malaysia house at the same time? If can buy BTO, should buy BTO first and not waste the entitlement, most singles have no such opportunity to buy BTO, only can buy resale at age 35.

I need quality life , so i think i will buy jb house ....
in sg , u are just leasing the house but paying so much!!!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys, I visited many new projects in Iskandar Malaysia. I find the best one to be The Straits View Residences. They have just launched their phase 4 for booking about a week ago. Prices are about the same as Senibong Cove and Horizon Hills but it is way more exclusive and facilities are much better. What do you think of the project? This new website also gives the most information about the project: The Straits View Residences

okay , my friend currently is staying at the old straitsview , the security is tight over there but i dun like the crowd around the surroundings.
The bridge back to JB/SG is quite jam during peak hours.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Horizonhills

Thanks for sharing with us on your views.
I tried once returning via woodlands custom after pumping petrol at 630am , agreed that the jam was horrible , i was stucked for 2 hr!
As i still have a bedroom in my sis house , if i cant tahan the 2nd link jam , i will stay in SG , Mon-Thur and Fri-Sun at jb house.
Thats my last resort.

I am not familiar with 2nd link so I will try it when my house is ready 2 yrs time.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best is to have both lah , jb for quality life . SG to compete against the FTs must not lost out to them mah .

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best is to have both lah , jb for quality life . SG to compete against the FTs must not lost out to them mah .

hi again

of coz i wan to have both worlds but sg policy makes me made a choice ...
somemore me 1 income leh , have to pay for car loans etc ......earn SG money and utlise in jb to maximise my dollars ma ....

Status
Not open for further replies.