• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
June-11
The Seed @ Sutera Utama, located on a 19.02 ha land site, comprises 1,230 residential units, ranging from garden suites to penthouses. The garden suites include three-storey Garden and Duplex Suites, as well as six-storey and nine-storey Boutique Suites, with a floor area ranging between 1,240 sq ft and 2,390 sq ft and prices starting from RM558,000 to RM1.2 million.

Property prices are going up in Nusajaya my friends...

Hmm....they lowered their price since Jun ?
Cos the recent price I got for a 3BR in their 9-storey high floor Boutique Suites (1390sqf) is 52X,XXX RM (with good freebies package).

HH Fairways South Tower 3BR low floor unit (1243sqf) is 51X,XXX RM (with little freebies package).

Impiana 2BR mid floor unit (1190sqf) is 54X,XXX RM (with good freebies package).

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm....they lowered their price since Jun ?
Cos the recent price I got for a 3BR in their 9-storey high floor Boutique Suites (1390sqf) is 52X,XXX RM (with good freebies package).

HH Fairways South Tower 3BR low floor unit (1243sqf) is 51X,XXX RM (with little freebies package).

Impiana 2BR mid floor unit (1190sqf) is 54X,XXX RM (with good freebies package).

The seed is a very big project , it is quite wise of them to sell at least some units at lower price to kick start that project . Anyway I got a feeling that it will take a long time to sell out those things. Unlike the normal landed custer or terrace , taken out very quickly as it is value for money . Those seed developement are life - style things very sentimental, economic / stocks do well price can go sky high . Economic down and doom , things can get ugly lor .

mika14

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi,

anyone knows if S'poreans can rent a car a JB?
any good car rental companies with good reputation to recommend?
i intend to drive up to Sepang to watch the Malaysian Motogp Grand Prix.

thanks!

cobragold

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, thanks for sharing. Good to hear that all of you are coping well. I have a few questions, hope you don't mind.
1. What time do you reach JB CIQ and what time do you reach Sin side?
2. What time do you leave Sin for JB, any jam? Do you know what time the traffic will start to pile up? My observation is it starts from 5 or 5.30pm. Do you have the Ktm train schedule cos some days my eldest will finish school at 7pm. I thought of asking him to take a train across the causeway and I meet him at City Square.
3. Where do your kids attend tuition, JB or Sin?
Hope it's not too personal. Thanks.

Check out the future MRT route into JB, might not be very correct but if you know the locations of the stations it can help alot.

http://www.dukenostalgia.com/junk/speculativemrt.jpg

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Geri, perhaps whilst waiting for Cathy's answers, you can go to page 243, some of the things are covered briefly, I vaguely remember another forummer also shared about his experience driving his school going kids too. hope the info will be valuable for you.

Ok, will re-visit that page again. Thanks.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
True.. out of the 1-2 million PRs working in Singapore, since they have CPF that cannot be withdrawn, I don't see any reason why they don't utilise the money to buy some properties like HDBs.. If prices go up, they can sell.. if prices crash, at most they can just forfeit the CPF that they can't withdrawn anyway.. I will be surprised if they don't own any properties in their country.. and it is impossible to check their ownership..

I don't understand why the govt policies are always biased against the locals.. If I want to retire in JB and I have a sum of CPFs that are kept by govt, why can't I use it for HDB? If HDB is really affordable housing for the poors, that is fine.. but HDB is not budget housing.. it is up to the market rate and some HDB are even better built than private..

Hehe i think the PRs see it as risk free investment and so not afraid to bid up the HDB prices, these people have no intention to stay long term, so no need to pay up in full, just need to pay a few years of instalments and then cashed out the profit and scoot off. Singaporeans who need to stay long term will end up paying the price for it.

Yeah lor the govt policies are always biased against the locals...only locals need to follow these policies while foreigners need not, just see how many Malaysia buses/vans/cars/lorries of lousy conditions are allowed entry and driving freely on the Singapore roads, some of them, especially the blue buses give out thick black smoke. Why only Singapore registered vehicles must be kept in tip top condition and check after 5 years if not cannot drive on the roads?

Oh yes luckily you mentioned, yeah not asking for subsidy here (infact i never owned any HDB or got any housing grant before), just the right to buy HDB at market rate and true some HDB are better than private, like Pinnacle at Duxton which I'll be very happy if i can afford to buy resale next time. :smile: Is that too much for a citizen to ask for?!

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh, its really frustrating that social development and policies seem to be lacking behind even as SG moves forwards in infrastructures with gleaming concrete towers grow up. :(

Indeed Singapore with the gleaming towers are becoming more and more only a place for the rich. People in the middle class and below don't seem to be getting better life but worse off.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=43287

What kind of shit dama is this , telling the men that earning 4K in SG not enough and ask Singaporeans to emigrate. Losing a job to FTs is because we are imcompetance ?

Losing a job to FTs is because we are incompetent is really the ultimate injustice Singaporeans suffer. With free market mechanism allowed to run without any effective govt controls, of course a boss will hire the cheapest worker and with more & more FT bosses hiring their own kind, Singaporeans are losing all advantage even though our home ground.

I see with my own eyes this happening in my ex-work place. And there is zero integration between Singaporeans and FTs other than offical work - during lunch, you see PRCs, Indians, Pinoys, Ang mohs lunch with their own kind.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
it suddenly struck me about the PNB trying to acquire SP setia in the Johor context. UEM is the master developer for nusajaya and is a subsidiary of Khazanah, a governmental entity. But Setia has a big foothold in the land consisting of the Bukit indah township including the commercial lots and condos + setia business park and ecogardens. It coming under PNB which is another arm of the government which means it's taking up the lion's share of this golden plot. With a 'monopoly' i hope that price fixing does not occur otherwise whatever affordability will quickly erode away hmmm....

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When all the entry level sales, programmers, technicians and engineering jobs going to cheap labours..eventually they will become more competent and arise to more senior and managerial positions.. This will become a competence gap and eventually you will not able to find competent singaporeans will the knowledge and experience..

From what I see, even if singaporeans are willing to take up entry level jobs with low pay, many employers would still prefer foreigners for less baggage, no NS, non family, able to work 24 hours and they are more motivated to work with lower pay..

Thanks to the govt salary pegging to GDP growth.. They make lots of bonus by relentlessly increase GDP..and killing Singaporeans slowly... From the drama.. 4k salary is considered low for Simgaporeans to raise a family in Singapore.. How will the senior civil servants understand this when they are getting millions..

Losing a job to FTs is because we are incompetent is really the ultimate injustice Singaporeans suffer. With free market mechanism allowed to run without any effective govt controls, of course a boss will hire the cheapest worker and with more & more FT bosses hiring their own kind, Singaporeans are losing all advantage even though our home ground.

I see with my own eyes this happening in my ex-work place. And there is zero integration between Singaporeans and FTs other than offical work - during lunch, you see PRCs, Indians, Pinoys, Ang mohs lunch with their own kind.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That mean aspiring singaporeans need to find another country for retirement? Ha ha.. Maybe need to move further up to kulang, muar.. Or simply become grassroots or PA in order to survive comfortably in Singapore?

it suddenly struck me about the PNB trying to acquire SP setia in the Johor context. UEM is the master developer for nusajaya and is a subsidiary of Khazanah, a governmental entity. But Setia has a big foothold in the land consisting of the Bukit indah township including the commercial lots and condos + setia business park and ecogardens. It coming under PNB which is another arm of the government which means it's taking up the lion's share of this golden plot. With a 'monopoly' i hope that price fixing does not occur otherwise whatever affordability will quickly erode away hmmm....

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
That mean aspiring singaporeans need to find another country for retirement? Ha ha.. Maybe need to move further up to kulang, muar.. Or simply become grassroots or PA in order to survive comfortably in Singapore?

if already property owners shouldn't be affected and can be good thing for property appreciation. its the late-comers i think who might 'kena'.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
When all the entry level sales, programmers, technicians and engineering jobs going to cheap labours..eventually they will become more competent and arise to more senior and managerial positions.. This will become a competence gap and eventually you will not able to find competent singaporeans will the knowledge and experience..

From what I see, even if singaporeans are willing to take up entry level jobs with low pay, many employers would still prefer foreigners for less baggage, no NS, non family, able to work 24 hours and they are more motivated to work with lower pay..

Thanks to the govt salary pegging to GDP growth.. They make lots of bonus by relentlessly increase GDP..and killing Singaporeans slowly... From the drama.. 4k salary is considered low for Simgaporeans to raise a family in Singapore.. How will the senior civil servants understand this when they are getting millions..

Yeah lor, more and more FTs will become managers and boss locals around! The younger generation will be the ones most affected.

Govt with their salaries/bonus tied to GDP growth definitely cannot understand the worries and frustrations of ordinary Singaporeans. Our salaries didn't grow in tandem with theirs. Their salaries/bonus should have been tied to how fast the people's salaries/bonus grow and not GDP growth which can be inflated just be bringing more and more people!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
if already property owners shouldn't be affected and can be good thing for property appreciation. its the late-comers i think who might 'kena'.

I'm not so sure about that. Thought it is no use how much the one property value go up unless one can sell and leave and definitely no need to come back! Of course, got multiple properties is a different story.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is PNB and Johor land related entities? Understand the latter is developer for Bandar Dato Onn and they are also govt related.

Status
Not open for further replies.