• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats cool... U pay for 2mbps n u get 2mbps. Thts real good..

Just a question. U can hook up to singtel n other spore providers rite. So you actually dun need p1??

Yeah i read about the frustrations of other users too

Speed test result:
D/L 2136kbps
U/L 1279kbps

speed is decent in my area. I have read about other subscribers dissatisfaction with speed and consistency. It really depends on the signal in your area. I can download and upload fast enough.

If you sign online, you get Rm 100 rebate and free delivery. There is a promo now that you only pay Rm 79 instead of Rm 99 for the first 3 months.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Singtel signal in my unit is rather unstable, swinging from 3G to GPRS to and fro, so I decided just to use P1.

Singtel signal is good when I am at Ground floor, so unless I change to another unit in the condo that has stable signal strength, I am pretty much better off with P1.

Thats cool... U pay for 2mbps n u get 2mbps. Thts real good..

Just a question. U can hook up to singtel n other spore providers rite. So you actually dun need p1??

Yeah i read about the frustrations of other users too

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
White...

The white long one....

The raddish leaves have health benefits..

Think about 7 weeks

My mum dun wanna wait.... Scared it may rot with rains or the leaves dry under the blazing sun.

So she pulled it out in 4.5 weeks

If had waited longer would have been even nicer n longer..

Wow so fast, only need 4.5 weeks. The white radish selling at Jusco organic section are also not very big, bought once before and it is not tasty, so now I buy the non-organic ones as cheaper and bigger. The green radish are more tasty for making soup.

Ever watched a health program that said radish has high calcium. What health benefits the radish leaves have?

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometime back, I visited quite a number of developments around JB. Most of which were mentioned here in this thread. Filled with curiosity, I embarked on my own odyssey.

For those who have not been acquainted with any JB developments, you will find some photos of EL and ST here.

Hope there are those who find this helpful. :smile:

Nice blog you've got and great pictures!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone bought a house at 8th Avenue, Bukit Indah? Developer by Setia

Sorry, too long for me to read from the start, hhahaha....

Hows the environment there? is it safe? have a friend who bought 1 house there, she got the keys already and are about to do renovations. Some contractors came to the house and give her namecards, basically for ceiling, wiring, parquet and window grils.

I wanna ask if window grills are necessary in that area? sorry for my noob questions, I'm just helping her ask, thank you.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro you pretty good with tech eh....?

Yes its an irritation wen signal changesvfrom 3g to edge to gprs

The Singtel signal in my unit is rather unstable, swinging from 3G to GPRS to and fro, so I decided just to use P1.

Singtel signal is good when I am at Ground floor, so unless I change to another unit in the condo that has stable signal strength, I am pretty much better off with P1.

HH_lover

Alfrescian
Loyal
LeMans2011 said:

Thanks bro, you are only too kind.

Hope to see more updates from you as well. I'm only in transition, many of you are already across the straits. :smile:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone bought a house at 8th Avenue, Bukit Indah? Developer by Setia

Sorry, too long for me to read from the start, hhahaha....

Hows the environment there? is it safe? have a friend who bought 1 house there, she got the keys already and are about to do renovations. Some contractors came to the house and give her namecards, basically for ceiling, wiring, parquet and window grils.

I wanna ask if window grills are necessary in that area? sorry for my noob questions, I'm just helping her ask, thank you.

For a moment i thought 8th avenue is 2 streets away from 6th avenue bukit timah... eh look carefully skali its Bukit Indah lol
For the peace of mind, install the grills and preferably alarm system. Ask your friend to ask around the neighbours on their experience with the contractors. One thing to note is there are territorial rules in some development. Meaning if you go look for your own contractor to install aircon, the contractor who considers that area his territory might sneak around and cut your connection.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pulled this out from the net... Ever since started eating quite a bit of raddish and its leaves..

Health Benefits of Radish

Radish, the well known part of your salad, is a root crop, pungent or sweet in taste with a lot of juice. Radishes can be white, red, purple or black, long cylindrical or round in shape. They are eaten raw, cooked or pickled. The oil obtained from the seeds of radish is also used. The other parts of radish which are consumed are the leaves, the flowers, the pods and the seeds. The scientific name of radish is Raphanus Sativus which belongs to the Brassicaceae family. Radish is also known as Daiken in some parts of the world.

The benefits of radish against certain ailments and on certain body parts are listed below:

Jaundice: Radish is very good for the liver and the stomach and it is a very good detoxifier too, that is, it purifies blood. It is miraculously useful in jaundice as it helps removing bilirubin and also checks its production. It also checks destruction of red blood cells during jaundice by increasing supply of fresh oxygen in the blood. The black radish is more preferred in jaundice. The leaves of radish are also very useful in treatment of jaundice.

Piles: Radish is very rich in roughage, i.e. indigestible carbohydrates. This facilitates digestion, retains water, cures constipation (one of the main causes for piles) and thus gives relief in piles. Being a very good detoxifier, it helps heal up piles fast. Its juice also soothes the digestive and excretory system and this also relieves piles.

Urinary Disorders: Radishes are diurectic in nature, i.e. increase production of urine. Juice of radish also cures inflammation and burning feeling during urinating. It also cleans the kidneys and inhibits infections in kidneys and urinary system. Thus it helps a great deal in curing urinary disorders.

Weight Loss: Radishes are very filling, i.e. fills your stomach and satisfies your hunger easily without giving you many calories, as they are low in digestible carbohydrates, high in roughage and contain a lot of water. It is a very good dietary option for those determined to lose weight.

Cancer: Being a very good detoxifier and rich in vitamin-C, folic and anthocyanins, radish helps cure many types of cancer, particularly those of colon, kidney, intestines, stomach and oral cancer

Leucoderma: The detoxifying and anti carcinogenic properties of radish make it useful in treatment of Leucoderma. The radish seeds are used in this case. They should be powdered and soaked in vinegar or ginger juice or cows urine and then applied on the white patches. Eating radish also aids treatment of Leucoderma.

Skin Disorders: Vitamin-C, phosphorus, zinc and some members of vitamin-B complex, which are present in radish, are good for skin. The water in it helps maintaining moisture of the skin. Smashed raw radish is a very good cleanser and serves as a very efficient face pack. Due to its disinfectant properties, radish also helps cure skin disorders, such as drying up, rashes, cracks

Kidney Disorders: Being diurectic, cleanser and disinfectant, it helps cure many kidney disorders. Its diurectic properties help wash away the toxins accumulated in the kidneys. Cleansing properties clean kidneys up and lessens accumulation of toxins in the blood, thereby decreasing their concentration in the kidneys. Its disinfectant properties protect the kidneys from any infections too. Thus it is good for overall health of the kidneys.

Insect Bites: It has anti pruritic properties and can be used as an effective treatment for insect bites, stings of bees, hornets, wasps etc. Its juice also reduces pain and swelling and soothes the affected area.

Fever: It brings down the body temperature and relieves inflammation due to fever. Drink radish juice mixed with black salt. Being a good disinfectant, it also fights infections which cause fever, thereby helping cure it.

Respiratory Disorders, Bronchitis and Asthma: Radish is an anti congestive, i.e. it relieves congestion of respiratory system including nose, throat, wind-pipe and lungs, due to cold, infection, allergies and other causes. It is a good disinfectant and also rich in vitamins, which protect respiratory system from infections.

Liver & Gallbladder: Radish is especially beneficial for liver and gallbladder functions. It regulates production and flow of bile and bilirubin, acids, enzymes and removes excess bilirubin from the blood, being a good detoxifier. It also contains enzymes like myrosinase, diastase, amylase and esterase. It protects liver and gallbladder from infections and ulcers and soothes them.

Other Benefits: Apart from above benefits, radish is a good appetizer, mouth and breathe freshener, laxative, regulates metabolism, improves blood circulation, is a good treatment for headache, acidity, constipation, nausea, obesity, sore throat, whooping cough, gastric problems, gallbladder stones, dyspepsia

Ever watched a health program that said radish has high calcium. What health benefits the radish leaves have?

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
True Bro.... I agree with u on tht....

My random thoughts at the moment (not an answer to ur post)

1) india had the hat in the hand for quite a few years about 20-25 years ago right? I vividly recall my US born American grago cousin, a US govt scholar vociferously criticising Indian nuclear tests (media bias n anti india stance of then US govt). Today he has to eat his words... Today the US Media is anti-china. The indian govt today gives Afghanistan a US $2 billion financial aid albeit with a strategic intent.

2) in the 70s US propped up china with aid...

Today the US has been pulling the world down with its debt burden for more than ten years now and they are still not getting it right. Obama talked about the Banglored phenomema amongst others and yet has not managed to reverse FDI into Bangalore. In fact whats happening now is huge contracts are still coming into Bangalore. indian companies due to higher costs in Bangalore are outsourcing these projects to Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippones etc..

Putin criticize the US on one hand BUT invests even more in the Dollar. By the way Russia had "the hat in their hand" for a US handout after the collapse of the Soviet Union to help rebuilt Russia..... Ironic isn't it.....
http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...rasite-after-russia-holdings-jump-1-600-.html

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just fyi, this weekend's Edge Singapore's cover page is on Iskandar, entitled "Northern Exposure"

http://www.theedgesingapore.com/component/content/article/1119/32058-main-cov.html

"Malaysia’s massive development initiative in south Johor is about to take off, with several projects due for completion in the next two years. Why have investors from Singapore not participated in the boom? Is it too late to get in now? Issue 486 of The Edge Singapore is on sale at newstands and on Singtel's iPad2...."

In summary, an optimistic article that acknowledges the negatives but credits the authorities with the comprehensive well-thought out initiatives that they call "catalytic projects" and how they will all come together to complement Singapore instead of compete - Pinewood, Legoland, Johor Premium Outlet, The Hospitals - Columbia, Gleneagles etc. Even a top talent police chief of Malaysia has been moved to Iskandar. This article will trigger an even more serious wave of interest as is acknowledged positively by the most influential business periodical in Singapore. I enjoyed reading it this morning.

Thanks for sharing, I bought a copy yesterday.

I agree with bro lemans.

It is really nice.

Nice pics.

Yup I like HH_Lover's blog for the constant update of news on Iskandar Region, the list of other Blogs showing their last updates and last but not least the nice photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.