• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
So if I want to open a Fixed Deposit account in Malaysia with 200-300K as an example, how can I do it?
It seemed that even if some local write me a cheque greater than 10-20K, and it is also not possible...

By Malaysian Law-
For bank account in Malaysia under a foreigner's name - Daily deposit limit is RM10,000. That's it!

There are many loopholes whereby you can deposit more than RM10,000/day because the limit is not set in bank's system, but it's against the law of course.
You can deposit more than RM10,000/day into your account via 'Cash deposit Machine'.
Your friend can TT more than RM10,000/day into your account.
Again, it's against Malaysian Law.

If you want to deposit more than RM10,000 over the counter and that particular officer attending to you knows about this law, she will tell you that you can't deposit more than RM10,000.
If that officer doesn't know about this law or maybe she slipped her mind at that moment, she will proceed to deposit the 'more than RM10,000' amount for you.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bros...i am not aware of this ruling but i think it really depends on the purpose of the transfer. On the transfer page, there is one section whereby you need to fill up the reason for the transfer and "real estate" was one of them. I always click this. The banks will do their reporting to BanK negara periodically on such transfers I suppose and if they deem your reason as legit, i think its ok...they cannot expect people to buy their real estate with RM10K per day transfers?...hahaha...then again this is M'sia...anything can happen..:biggrin:

any bros have the link to this ruling on Bank negara page?..

Hi Yonglip, have you tried that yet?

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Yonglip, have you tried that yet?

eh bro..must read my earlier post la...haha..as mentioned earlier, i have done it since aug 9th with transfers of RM20K each time...then from that m'sia account, i wrote RM cheques to pay for my 10% down...so far so good leh..banks also never come back to me..their rules are always opened to interpretation..some say transfer between own or family account not subjected to the limit...i oso don know..just wait for bank to say cannot lor.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
this was my concern also when i look at both BH and ND. BH is nearer to both highway and wires although the 2 developments are actually next to one another. So i make sure i brought along my 'EMF detector'...hahaha...wife la.. to the actual unit site to make sure both EMF and noise ok b4 inking the deal. we were able to do that cos the actual unit already 40-50% done. BH won in the end becos of better psf/internal.

cheers all.

BH ok lah (except the noise fr HY and lower ground ) . Surrounding might be better that ND because houses mostly higher range one lah , cheapest is 560K custers next will be bigger custers like 750K and semi D above 1m so you get different kind of people staying there lor .

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi ALL. i decide to use my JB house as a 'rehab' place for myself and family during weekends...hahaha.

there will be no TV / computer / internet / handhelds / wiis in the new place...will replace it with books/radio/board games/bicycles/religion...to stimulate the other sensory part of the brain...for both my kids and myself...

in sing i discovered that whenever i am at home, it is natural for me to gravitate towards the tv and internet...so much so that when my son come up to me and say "papa..care to play with me?"...my reply is "son, play yourself, papa busy!" actually busy watching youtube..hahaha. same for my kids, ask them sit down eat, they will say after tv or internet games or worse bring their food and sit down in front of the tv....minimal family interaction! i reckon this is not very healthy.

at least 2 days a week in the new place will allow me to focus on my wife and kids total development...i hope can survive this cold turkey!..hehehe. when told wife about this...she say "brilliant plan!!...now can save money on the tv wall/console liao." hahaha.

for weekenders who have done something similar, can always PM me to share experiences man...cheers.

HH_lover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investor said:
Cathylmg mentioned before that she managed to deposit much more than RM10k via cash deposit machine, I don't know which bank and didn't hear from Cathy that the bank had rejected her deposit. I think it all depends on how 'by the book' each bank chooses to be.

From what I understand, you can deposit unlimited in your home branch (the branch where you opened your account) and a maximum of 10K at cash deposit machines in other branches (non-home). This is true for Maybank, I cannot confirm for other banks.

Cathy, did you deposit at your home branch in the case stated above? :smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
O
h yes....

I am sorry... I did not notice that it was PSLE time alredy...

Just about 5 weeks to go right?

The pressure must be eating up parents like crazy...

Professor, you can say that again. Having a son whos only interest is on computer and nothing else really gives me a headache. He is good at programming, he can download nintendo games to play on his 'computer'. He even hack my password to my computer with some kind of programme. Wants to be a hacker, or a game designer. Been pestering me to send him for diploma in game design course and wanting to quit main stream education totally. I must do my best to make him study at least until poly.:o

PS: do you see why I refuse to apply for internet connection for my house jb? Once the flood gate is open, he will go load up all the funny funny programmes from the internet and neglect his school work again...

The interesting part is after the regimented study on war footing life is back to normal once the child is in Sec 1.

Surprisingly parents are not tense at the O's.... which should be equally important.

Any ideas why?

Err...... I haven't got to this stage of my life yet so can only tell you when the time comes..... :o

BTW you have a wonderful hubby who does so much.... Compared to a couch potato like me who sits and surfs whole day

Bo bian lah, no money mah! :P

Btw, the McDonald in ST is 24hrs and have free wifi, my son was interested to go there nowadays! With

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
O
h yes....

I am sorry... I did not notice that it was PSLE time alredy...

Just about 5 weeks to go right?

The pressure must be eating up parents like crazy...

Professor, you can say that again. Having a son whos only interest is on computer and nothing else really gives me a headache. He is good at programming, he can download nintendo games to play on his 'computer'. He even hack my password to my computer with some kind of programme. Wants to be a hacker, or a game designer. Been pestering me to send him for diploma in game design course and wanting to quit main stream education totally. I must do my best to make him study at least until poly.:o

PS: do you see why I refuse to apply for internet connection for my house jb? Once the flood gate is open, he will go load up all the funny funny programmes from the internet and neglect his school work again...

The interesting part is after the regimented study on war footing life is back to normal once the child is in Sec 1.

Surprisingly parents are not tense at the O's.... which should be equally important.

Any ideas why?

Err...... I haven't got to this stage of my life yet so can only tell you when the time comes..... :o

BTW you have a wonderful hubby who does so much.... Compared to a couch potato like me who sits and surfs whole day

Bo bian lah, no money mah! :P

Btw, the McDonald in ST is 24hrs and have free wifi, my son was interested to go there nowadays! With my notebook of course! :wink:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be anymore bro, the last time we had to watch ourselves as there was people very ready to accuse us of trying to lead people astray, cheat people of their money by asking them to invest and then draw out the carpet from beneath their feet once they have got here. 2 years have passed and we are still here.

I guess things are starting to speak for themselves now. I no longer conduct tours as there are simply too many these days to entertain. I will still help but only those i find who are willing to help others as well. Meanwhile, I just concentrate on work and help out my wife in her growing business. I sort of know the winds of change arrived at the 2nd quarter of this year when more than 1 local said to me, should have bought more.

Wuqi, and indeed we saw the flow and took the plunge when everybody wasn't looking this way yet. We were and will be the pioneers in years to come. For now, its time to sit back and relax while waiting for our investment do the work for us. Give yourself a pat on your shoulder. The one who laugh last laugh the loudest! :biggrin:

........something bad in the house, i can still change, something bad inthe location, would be much harder to fix especially if its not something easily rectified.

Wuqi, agree with you totally on this. Location is the most of important part to consider in an investment. The interior part you can rectify it according to your budget.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathylmg mentioned before that she managed to deposit much more than RM10k via cash deposit machine, I don't know which bank and didn't hear from Cathy that the bank had rejected her deposit. I think it all depends on how 'by the book' each bank chooses to be.

Its Maybank. Deposited more then rm100k. But I didn't know the 10k rule at that time. The machine could only take 99 notes at a time, so can imagine how stress it was while a long queue behind you waited patiently for you to finish?

I swear that I won't do it again!

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiya..... This ipad giving me headache....

Cant bold .... Cant hi light.....

Nothing beats using desk top....

My statistics post.... I spent o much time but failed to edit it....

So give up...

I tested it in Sim Lim Square some time ago. Although it the talk of the town now, everybody seems to be getting or thinking of getting it. Its just not my cuppa. Somemore speed is agonisingly slow. 1.2GB at best. Fainted!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its Maybank. Deposited more then rm100k. But I didn't know the 10k rule at that time. The machine could only take 99 notes at a time, so can imagine how stress it was while a long queue behind you waited patiently for you to finish?

I swear that I won't do it again!

If there's a 'next time', go to the counter. If they suggest that you can deposit it by yourself at the Cash Deposit Machine, insist that your amount is too large and you want to deposit over the counter(easier and no stress).

TinkerMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everybody,

I would very much appreciate if you could tell me more about Mont Callista. Loction , Price, rental returns etc.

Once again thank you very much for your valuable advice

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bro..nice to be here man. Nusa Duta is great! i would definitely have bought the Type A (32 x 70, 2592 sqft) if it was not sold out.current launches are around RM740K (beyond budget) and size is bigger. Quality wise, BH is better in terms of internal finishes...timbre..wrought iron railing for staircase and main gate, flushed drainage at land area...and so forth....but ND is further away from highway/wires...like i said no one development is perfect..cheers bro.

The wrought iron railing and main gate are unique to BH, among the JB developments I visited, only this project has this special touch (comparing cluster and terrace or even semi d). However, the windows of the BH show house are flimsy, you can shake it, compared to the windows of the ND show house are sturdy.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
this was my concern also when i look at both BH and ND. BH is nearer to both highway and wires although the 2 developments are actually next to one another. So i make sure i brought along my 'EMF detector'...hahaha...wife la.. to the actual unit site to make sure both EMF and noise ok b4 inking the deal. we were able to do that cos the actual unit already 40-50% done. BH won in the end becos of better psf/internal.

cheers all.

Although next to each other, the BH site is next to highway and wire while ND site is next to BH, so there is a significant difference in distance from highway and wire, especially for the ND cluster houses, which is sited at the farthest end of the ND site away from BH site.

Another significant difference is the house orientation, ND is north-south orientation while BH is east-west orientation, most people prefer houses to be north-south orientation for wind and fengshui reason.

Last edited:

matx3315

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a misconception North South Orientation is good fengshui for everyone. This depend on owner's Life. Some has to stay in East West Orientation houses.

Although next to each other, the BH site is next to highway and wire while ND site is next to BH, so there is a significant difference in distance from highway and wire, especially for the ND cluster houses, which is sited at the farthest end of the ND site away from BH site.

Another significant difference is the house orientation, ND is north-south orientation while BH is east-west orientation, most people prefer houses to be north-south orientation for wind and fengshui reason.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi ALL. i decide to use my JB house as a 'rehab' place for myself and family during weekends...hahaha....there will be no TV / computer / internet / handhelds / wiis in the new place...will replace it with books/radio/board games/bicycles/religion...to stimulate the other sensory part of the brain...for both my kids and myself...
in sing i discovered that whenever i am at home, it is natural for me to gravitate towards the tv and internet...so much so that when my son come up to me and say "papa..care to play with me?"...my reply is "son, play yourself, papa busy!" actually busy watching youtube..hahaha. same for my kids, ask them sit down eat, they will say after tv or internet games or worse bring their food and sit down in front of the tv....minimal family interaction! i reckon this is not very healthy...at least 2 days a week in the new place will allow me to focus on my wife and kids total development...i hope can survive this cold turkey!..hehehe. when told wife about this...she say "brilliant plan!!...

Are your children very young? If so DO ALL THIS RIGHT AWAY! Ask Cathy how it is when the kids are asked to go without their computer fix for more than a few hours.
Good luck!! on your very good thinking and planning. Outdoor activities also work off their accumulated energy from having to sit in class all day 5 days a week.
Johor has a lot to offer, and it's at your doorstep, mostly free too.... erm... plugging here for some growing of plants that produce veg and fruit - some kids find that interesting.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dali & Van Gogh exhibitions
Went to these at S$10 per today and if you are into Dali, this is amazing and brilliant. The Van Gogh exhibition was special - huge slides set to music and other special effects in vast spaces.
Worth the special trip into Spore and since it was a Wednesday afternoon, there were few people, so you could take your time and see it over a few times. Brain, eye and soul food.

Status
Not open for further replies.