i have just bought at Bestari Heights...i have been looking around JB houses for some time aleardy (easily 5 years and more)...you name it, i have practically seen it all and finally decided on BH where both my wife and I deemed it as OK. This is my take on some of the other developments we have seen from causeway to 2nd link....i know some bros here stay at these places..no offence intended..just my personal opinion..welcome detractors..
Nusa Idaman - going back to Sing have to use Bukit Indah interchange as the highway can go in but no exit?..or did i miss it?..sizeable malay populace which means mosque will be built. the mosque is in fact located near to the present sales office..in between precint 8 and 5. current launches at precint 7 unit is small ~2,100 sqft..quality so so..ceramics all round. psf high. plus point is located next to nature reserve. but in JB context, hesitate to walk in such a reserve.
Adda Heights - on the right of N-S highway. with EDL, location is sweet. easy in/out from dato onn exit. houses looked nice..however immediate amenities lacking..current development reaching 700K..a bit pricey.
Setia Tropika - on the left of N-S...need to make U turn further ahead to get back to Sing compared with Adda Heights. getting ex..in fact setia houses have becomed more ex..amenities beginning to take off..however it took Bukit Indah close to 10 years to develop to where it is, I dont know how long Tropika will take. although will be close to future train link station to Sing. present kempas station expected to be expanded to central station..
Bukit Indah - Boom town charlie...took more than 10 years to 'wang'..ball started rolling 4-5 years ago..but once started, no stopping it now. in fact area around tesco/jusco will be further developed with more shops/cinema/office etc...add that to nearby Bestari's stretches of shop units, it will be the golden belt of JB. If any one of you believe in Fengshui, the Qi there along this stretch is super 'wang'..dont believe just drive along this stretch...you can literally feel it. Or maybe is the EMF from the powerlines..hahaha. coupled with nearness to coastal highway...what more needs to be said. Unfortunately, current launches unit too small...below 2000 sqft...also samma ceramic..see already sian. psf bad. bigger units too ex..looking at their quality and size, not keen to spend that kind of money.
Desa tebrau/Austin Heights - first link. too near to power lines/generator...within 300m...next to a condo (lakeview) that cost around RM100K+ per unit. With such cheap prices, it will attract the wrong crowd. prices for current launches are still reasonable. new shops opening up along setia indah stretch..nice amenities all round. ikea may pop up here beside Tesco/jusco...god knows when. the 'Qi' here feels dated.
Horizon Hills - many completed terraces of earlier launches selling at ridiculous prices in the resale market. wonder how many Singaporeans kanna chopped carrot for that kind of quality. few m'sians will pay that kind of money for ceramic all round houses. daily amenities within development lacking,..need to go Bukit indah for retail therapy. Security tight though...strictly no entry for outsiders within the precint. seen their condo there also..quality improving.
Setia Eco - one way in/out. Huge powerlines pylon litters the road towards the place...current launches are ex for a place that can only boast to be close to nature.
no one development is perfect..The concept of a perfect development or house is elusive. In fact, Bros ploughing through this forum to search for the 'perfect' development will be disappointed.
that said, few things attracted my wife and I to BI
1. 80x80 homo tiles for first floor. Most developments we seen for that kind of price range (below RM600K terrace) only give smaller homo tiles (60x60) or worse ceramic.
2. timber flooring on 2nd floor + staircase. yes..staircase also cover in timber laminate.
3. walkable to Giant (approx 500m from the guard house)..can cycle for those who are more adventurous. in fact will bring over my extra bicycles from Sing..haha. walk a bit more to tesco..stronger legs,...can reach jusco. more importantly allows me the option to use CW3 in/out Sing...especially for my parents who do not need to wait for my car and come in only on weekends...yes, i plan to use it as a weekend home first with a view as a retirement home in the future..hopefully.
4. integrated house alarm..save me money to install...may decide not to install grills even..however still feel that g&g + alarm + grills + panic button = better zzzzzz in JB.
5. perimeter CCTV all round with nepalese guards. but notice these guards both malay and english got problem..haha..by the way, nepalese are hindus.
6. some distance from power lines (approx 500-600m)..the power lines are the mid/small type..still acceptable. for bros looking to avoid EMFs, research has indicated EMF from powerlines weakens exponentially with distance..anything more than 400m..the strength is similar to background EMF emmitted from home wirings/electrical appliances etc..in fact my wife is super sensitive to EMF. when she was at desa tebrau looking at some terraces there, she complained about headace cos the lines were like 100m from the houses. she was ok at BH.
7. highway is about 100m from development. we bought a unit that is a bit inside. noise level no prob. in fact noise decibles travels upwards..i.e. why in Sing, for those staying at higher floors and close to highways, it can get quite noisy...for those who bought Setia's sky suite and facing the highway,...aircon will be your best friend every night.
8. 3000 sqft decent size built up...on 2400 sqft land (32x75)..mine is intermediate with 10 ft land at the side...usable..would have preferred a corner for more running space for my kids, but samma sold out..SHIT. in fact the 3000 sqft is the smallest in the whole precint..there are semi ds that are more than 4000 sqft built up. i am the poor chap that is living among richer folks...hahaha. at least the crooks will not target the smallest unit in the precint.
9. RM560K. within my budget. for the quality and location, wife say "BUY LOR".
Welcome naysayers, detractors and well-wishers alike.