• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dad had limited play time for me.

But i would sneak out and play when he was at work.. He he.... I think all kids do that.

He was a strict disciplinarian being a secondary school / JC principal.

Once after a PTM, he slapped me so hard my face almost turned 360 degrees.

The teacher complained that i was disrespectful..

It was study, study and study all the way.... So from P VI to Sec IV i was first in class/level in every test and exam.. What a life... I would get so stressed if my marks dropped or if my position dropped...

I am strict with my kids too but i give them play time as well.

I play ball with them. One thing i have noticed with Spore kids is that they are unable to catch a tennis ball... Dunno why?

The local tree also produces excellent wood for a catapult (as does the tembusu)- may I remind you that catapults are not illegal in Malaysia? An excellent non-lethal weapon. AP this is one of the joys of fatherhood - teaching your son how to make and use a catapult.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
when we go we should just go, why leave anything behind, dat's how i feel. i don't wanna force my afterdeath obligations on anyone. also did anyone want to have kids so they can ask them to visit us when we die? might as well do all the good things when alive. after death it's a different issue already, who knows we really become spirits.

Scattering ashes at sea is good right?

Atleast then no 30 years problem

and secondly our kids will not be forced to come and visit the niches.

:wink:

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
i say maybe she's right. we can't fault her. why are we like dat? years and years of brainwashing onto my generation by PAP cause us to lose the animal instinct , 6 sense in us. listen don't revolt. you try me i make sure u kenna jialat jialat kind of mentality laid down by them. so now the realise on interntational stage hard for us, only way to to call u new generation of FT in order for coutnry to survive.

they did so much bad to us, they screwed up our mentality. now we wake up, and they realise 40% vs 60% cannot. how to solve problem, quickly get pass this election then next electoin make sure have enuf figures from FT to boost up their ratings. now i pray the 60% half of them will wake up. so it becomes 70% vs 30%. in overall plus their FT maybe next round if lucky might be 65% vs their PAP 55%. if we are lucky.

screwing up a few generations is not enuf. must screw up all the way, so money in pocket. same like the korean show , Dong Yi for those who are catching the show. this is only one show. there's many others. if not those who don't watch show, check out Animal farm.

If my sources are accurate i think she scared and left the country already.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
[QUOTE Bigfatfish when i die i want everything to disappear from the face of this earth./// Analytical Professor;795170] Scattering ashes at sea is good right? At least then no 30 years problem and secondly our kids will not be forced to come and visit the niches.:wink:[/QUOTE]

With respect to everyone else's view, religious or emotional, I have never understood this need to preserve ashes. Yes, respect for the body of any human being and certainly not to allow disrespect to the corpse in any way, specially mutilation. But I was a witness to my mother's annual visit to my father's grave and the deep sorrow each visit would produce for days.

I don't think any religion teaches that any part of the spirit or soul still resides in the remains - whether we bury, cremate, cover with goldleaf or allow birds to pick the corpse clean.

Nor do any of the religions teach that prayers said at the graveside/halls of niches/family altar penetrates and benefits the actual ashes or bones of the dear one who has moved on. Surely it is for the soul or spirit of the loved one.

I was amazed to hear, some years ago, all about the different prices for the niches: the higher up ones give a better view, light and airiness and the lower and cheaper ones are too close to people's feet etc etc It dawned on me then how much money can be made from this from people who are grieving (and grieving in advance!), and how much better use that money could be put right now to feeding the poor, clothing and housing the desperate, to scientific research into horrible diseases, educating children and ignorant adults [who want education but could never afford it], cleaning up the planet, preserving the rainforest and the seas, helping in so many ways living people in need. And if not, to having a good time with that money while there is still life in you. At least donate the money to groups of religious, nuns or monks, who will pray for the departed soul - it will keep the temple or church in repair and provide them with sustenance while they are doing the praying for you, you lazy sod.

My same mother, when asked about the distribution of her personal effects, said this most liberating thing: Oh do what you like dear, I'll be dead and gone!

I mean no disrespect to anyone else's views on how best to commemorate the loss of a dearly loved one.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please mallow do write. Your posts are like enrichment classes for us.Not to mention the formal english.
Thank you AP but ... Aiyah! people will all tink I simply show off wan. Only sharing the little we have gathered.
Do not get the idea that I live in a formal garden of plants and trees! It's all higgeldy-piggeldy, the grass often needs cutting, one dog loves to dig holes and tear up a newly planted little bush, the hedge is unruly and some plants (like the chilil) simply refuse to grow!
Learning as we go along, and getting lots of fresh air and exercise while we are at it.
Perhaps we are easy to please and contented with a sudden burst of a red flower for the first time, and the thrill of people picking their own kacang botor. at our invitation. Simple things for our less stressed minds.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I get exhillarated everytime i see a red flower bursting out....

Goes on to show how few flowers i have...

People may say i am easily contented...

But i know myself n my achievements... Im happy..

Yes i could hv achieved a lot more but well.... Id just say i am happy.

Perhaps we are easy to please and contented with a sudden burst of a red flower for the first time, Simple things for our less stressed minds.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun worry about what ppl will say....

Ppl passed cooments n remarks about me....

But im still around n kicking...

I believe we must say whatever we wanna say staying clear of religion n race (in suchbcases only positive stuff)

Atleast u hv a garden formal or otherwise.... Higgedly piggedly it may be....

When compared mine is like bushes n shrubs here n there. Tiny piece of land...

No grass at all....

A guy who saw it called it BARREN.

well im still striving to get it into some order...

But god knows wen tht will happen..

And your formal english = complementary language lessons for us

Aiyah! people will all tink I simply show off wan. Only sharing the little we have gathered.
Do not get the idea that I live in a formal garden of plants and trees! It's all higgeldy-piggeldy, the grass often needs cutting, one dog loves to dig holes and tear up a newly planted little bush, the hedge is unruly and some plants (like the chilil) simply refuse to grow!

/0m0\

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone here, I have been reading this forum since the time it started, i shared the feeling of each members here and the reasons behind the move to start up alternative homes in JB. Before i continue let me share a bit of myself, i just retire recently after reaching the age of 62. However in 2009 I come to realise that the cost of living is becoming more and more costly beside the crowded MRT, bus and roads. What do we have? i ask myself beside shopping centres and foodcourts, the kids and adults don't have places to go for relaxations and get away from the commercial aspect of city life. the so called quality of life can only be measured here in term of the money you earned and material possessions that so many are so proud of. So in 2009 i make up my mind to do something about it, no point just talk about it with friend and collagues, i when to purchase a house in JB, a cornered unit in Taman Pelangi Indah. I have plans to use the place for retirement and aslo to setup a workshop for my future crafts business and aslo to try my hand on planting some exotics plants with the available land i have. Well i am looking forward to share with this group my plans and progress if anyone is interested. I will sign off here and hope to continue at a later date, good days to all.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good lesson from the magnum opus Rachelle Ann Beguia is never offend/insult your host country, its people and their sensitivities.

All of us have stakes in JB... So we gotta watch our behaviour, words and actions

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good lesson from the magnum opus Rachelle Ann Beguia is never offend/insult your host country, its people and their sensitivities.

All of us have stakes in JB... So we gotta watch our behaviour, words and actions

True.. We need to respect the locals and don't bring our materialistic culture to this beautiful land.. Anyway I find locals more friendly than our own folks..

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
....When compared mine is like bushes n shrubs here n there. Tiny piece of land...No grass at all.... A guy who saw it called it BARREN.

AT LEAST YOU HAVE LAND! I wouldn't do it, but if you paid a landscape designer, you would be amazed at how she/he could transform any piece of land into a lush haven.

Our library has many books to borrow on landscaping, gardening, gardens-in-small-places, gardening in pots, vegetable and fruit gardens, planting a herb garden, orchids for absolute beginners etc. Do make full use of an excellent library system.

Who says you have to have grass? Big nuisance unless you have pearl grass, and even then ...
Just put down some paving stones and 'terraces' on either side and you have plenty of growing space. Go upwards to hang pots, whether by some wrought iron curlies or a few strong bakau wood poles [mangrove] to which things can be tied or hung.

Just decide what you actually want, plan it out, and take your own sweet time ... surely you have no one to impress? It's your land, Squire, and you will live as you choose.

erm ... complimentary ...? To complement is to add to what is oreddy there eg a crisp[ white wine to complement the plump oysters.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much we miss those good old days. today i was at a condo handover project. developer china man, everything china man, so many problems, china man. it's so scary. by the way, singapore condos. their rectification work on the spot. lucky don't need to inspect the condo, if not sure kenna thrown out by china man.

Missed this post. Yes, nowadays see quite a few projects in Singapore by China developers. And the thing is they are not priced cheaper than other condos! Wow everything PRC, how's their quality like for the handover?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Gf - broccoli is a temperate climate veg, so unlikely to do well here. 59sen a kg (non-organic) at Jusco, which is more expensive than other markets.
Never tried capsicums before. Looked it up on the net and there is no reason not to try, since they love the sun. Get good seeds. Good luck - tell us if you were successful. Takes longer than chillies to fruit.

Huh, must try yellow capsicums, very tasty! IMO the yellow capsicums taste the best, the red and orange ones okay, the green ones not nice. Used to be able to get one average size capsicum at about RM3.60 - not that long ago actually since I only started going to JB in Sep 10 - but now for the same price, will get a much smaller fruit.

Oic Broccoli is temperate veg. The organic section at Jusco that sells the veg grown in Malaysia does sell broccoli leh, certified organic some more, wonder how they managed to grow?!

Btw my house not built up yet, will be a long time before able to try. If can grow in a pot may be can try.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone here, I have been reading this forum since the time it started, i shared the feeling of each members here and the reasons behind the move to start up alternative homes in JB. Before i continue let me share a bit of myself, i just retire recently after reaching the age of 62. However in 2009 I come to realise that the cost of living is becoming more and more costly beside the crowded MRT, bus and roads. What do we have? i ask myself beside shopping centres and foodcourts, the kids and adults don't have places to go for relaxations and get away from the commercial aspect of city life. the so called quality of life can only be measured here in term of the money you earned and material possessions that so many are so proud of. So in 2009 i make up my mind to do something about it, no point just talk about it with friend and collagues, i when to purchase a house in JB, a cornered unit in Taman Pelangi Indah. I have plans to use the place for retirement and aslo to setup a workshop for my future crafts business and aslo to try my hand on planting some exotics plants with the available land i have. Well i am looking forward to share with this group my plans and progress if anyone is interested. I will sign off here and hope to continue at a later date, good days to all.

Congratulations to make the choice.. I am keen to learn any businesses you guys are setting to formulate my next business here as well..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talkinabt pap not doing anything ....

Y they let go the nurse who abused the stroke patient ah!

The issue died already ah?

The last i know is some kind soul has made a police report already. But their investigation as usual will take time. The TPL case during election just announced findings, so this case happened after that will have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.