• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bullet train momentum will come even more as economic stimulus normally turned on by Gov esp in these times...

Study on Kuala Lumpur-Singapore high-speed rail
By John Loh in Kuala Lumpur/The Star | ANN – Fri, Aug 5, 2011

Kuala Lumpur (The Star/ANN) - A pre-feasibility study for Kuala Lumpur-Singapore high-speed rail (HSR) system will be concluded in a few weeks, Malaysia's Performance Management and Delivery Unit (Pemandu) director Ahmad Suhaili said.

"The findings of this study will allow the government to decide on where to place key stations.

"However, a more detailed study would have to follow to further refine the project's plan," he said at a briefing on half-year results for six focus areas in the government Transformation Programme.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/study-kuala-lumpur-singapore-high-speed-rail-102002537.html

HH_lover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Investor,

I went to Parkway Parade today. The remittance agent's rate was 2.449 (no charge) while next door the indian-muslim money changer's rate was 2.45.

I did not go with the remittance agent because for my bank, would have been "3 or so" days as she said. Being weekend, did not want to chance it, for a first timer.

Anyway the money changer did not have enough stock of RMs in the morning so I changed all he had. Did not realise they have their regular "stocking" just like a trader (duh me!) So I could not change enough RM to make my intended stopover in JB today for lunch & bank. Had to go office...

It really got me thinking - remittance is probably the physically safest way when moving money cross-border, but there is a risk of remittance cheats.

Not as easy as I thought.....maybe I need to try it to get the confidence. Prefer than carrying such amounts of in cash into JB. ANyone has good success in remitting to a foreign bank like HSBC etc, appreciate recommendation. I have a name from this forum -Sino... any others?

Is the Bedok one remitter or money changer only?

I remitted via Raffles Money Change @ Clifford Centre yesterday. Rate was 2.46.

I have tried the one at Jurong Point, but rate is usually lower than the one at Clifford. 2.455 when i did so late week. They charge a fee of $10 for amounts less than S$10k and FOC for amounts less than that.

Hope this helps.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The chillies plants (ornamental) struggled in the heat and almost died.....

The recent rains plus on n iff watering helped them survive....

The more delicate ornamental plants died

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
But i v got raddish growing really well.... My mums gonna cook the raddish leaves tomorrow

Lotsa chillies.....

And yes the bitter gourd is growing vigorously... Anyone wanna crush bittergourd n drink its juice first thing in the morning?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
So interesting.... After living in concrete jungle, we always like to go back to basic..

But i v got raddish growing really well.... My mums gonna cook the raddish leaves tomorrow

Lotsa chillies.....

And yes the bitter gourd is growing vigorously... Anyone wanna crush bittergourd n drink its juice first thing in the morning?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Electric bill 446rm wah lau eh......
Aircon ah!?

For some strange reason, they gave me an estimated bill of $150 last month. This month they took the reading, subtract the estimated quantities from last month and bill me the difference this month and the bill came up to $350 plus. Obviously if they underestimated last month's quantities, i will be unduly penalised by being charged at higher staggered rates this month. I have not checked with them on adjusting the bill. Anyone having a similar experience??

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
LeMans2011, I do not take reading in Sgp too, and this happens to me every time.

For some strange reason, they gave me an estimated bill of $150 last month. This month they took the reading, subtract the estimated quantities from last month and bill me the difference this month and the bill came up to $350 plus. Obviously if they underestimated last month's quantities, i will be unduly penalised by being charged at higher staggered rates this month. I have not checked with them on adjusting the bill. Anyone having a similar experience??

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remitted via Raffles Money Change @ Clifford Centre yesterday. Rate was 2.46.

I have tried the one at Jurong Point, but rate is usually lower than the one at Clifford. 2.455 when i did so late week. They charge a fee of $10 for amounts less than S$10k and FOC for amounts less than that.

Hope this helps.

Hi, the one at Jurong Point...u have the exact location ? Thanks.:smile:

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks abugumgum,

pls do not call me doctor, i only know a bit of here n there. Mostly i like to experience n experiment.
I'm also no expert. I believe there r many experts out there who haven't show there talents yet. Let's hope more will come out to help then we can a self help group here.

BFF, it is perfectly normal for a person with knowledge and skills in that field to apply them in their personal life outside of his job. Just as a Medical Doctor will. You are a water proofing doctor, that's why you can see what we usually don't.

Your recent posts will help me greatly in my looking around for a place, by highlighting to me areas that I should pay extra attention. Thanks man. Do share your expertise without worries.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah thats right....

People from poorer countries wanna experience the concrete jungles....

We wanna go back to basics....

BTW my mum cooked the raddish... Quite yummy....

She cooked the raddish leaves as well. Stir fry with onions and a lil salt.... not sure exact recipe tho... Just my guess.

The chilli padi... So so.... long... longer than my fingers..

And next up is the tomato plants... they have begun to flower....

Bitter gourd is flowering as well apart from onions and cant remember the rest....

Oh yea got carrots, lady finger and brinjal.... but they are a long way off before they can flower....

And i am looking for wintermelon seeds...

So interesting.... After living in concrete jungle, we always like to go back to basic..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think both of us are facing the same issue?

Its ok if they have estimated and actual... Hopefully they do the staggering based on two months and not just one month...

Anyone with experience?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW I paid my Cukai.... dunno what today... at Setia Tropika office...

They had arranged for MBJB guys to come down between 10am and 4pm

Its better than having to go down to MBJB office and pay....

So i went and paid up till July next year.... Nice... can relax....

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wanted to pay my expensive electric bill yesterday at the Bukit Indah post office but it was closed.

First Sat of month = PH = Sundays = closed.

How to remember all this?

Headache....

Status
Not open for further replies.