• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
UEM land is a government linked company, it is the main developer in Nusajaya and Cyberjaya and is rather new in this business they have a huge land bank. Only recently, it has acquired a successful Chinese developer Sunrise, a very famous high end developer in KL, it will leverage on its expertise to develop its projects including the 6 plots in Singapore downtown. It also has a project called symphony hills in cyberjaya which is quite similar to EL. I do not know how they managed to tender such a huge land bank. Their aim is to be the Capitaland of Malaysia.

For EL (100% UEM land), IMHO it is in an untested new market, I wouldn't say very far from the mature towns (perling, BI, etc), but a lot of its success will depend on how successful Iskandar region turns out to be. There's huge potential, but in the short term, a lot remains to be seen.

I agree on your views above, the only slight difference between our views is that I think EL's success depends on how successful Nusajaya(1/6 the size of Sg) is instead of the whole of Iskandar(3 times the size of Sg). In fact, this slight difference is really a big difference in terms of chances of success.

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree on your views above, the only slight difference between our views is that I think EL's success depends on how successful Nusajaya(1/6 the size of Sg) is instead of the whole of Iskandar(3 times the size of Sg). In fact, this slight difference is really a big difference in terms of chances of success.

:smile: actually i wanted to say it depends on Medini within Nusajaya, didn't edit because I think for the whole of Iskandar to be successful, the main proposed developements in Medini must progress well first. If all these do not take shape, many new proposals might be shelved. Let's pray all the universities in Educity will be successful, Legoland will receive millions of visitors, indoor theme park and traders hotel will do well.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me, investing in East Ledang is investing in its 'future' potential in terms of Location. It is right beside Iskandar Financial District in Medini and also the very successful Educity. My view of 'right beside' means within walking distance, a mere 5 mins drive away will be a totally different world. If not, I would have bought in Gelang Patah :biggrin: Temasek did their due diligence on the whole of Iskandar Region and chose to place their money to develop the whole cluster 'right beside' Iskandar Financial District in Medini too, they definitely didn't just tikam tikam or 'tiam yiu tiam peng peng' and happened to point at Medini on the map :biggrin: On the map, East Ledang is on the left of Iskandar Financial District in Medini and Temasek's developments(including terraces, semi-ds and bungalows) are on the right. Investing in this location, I won't be worried of the future newer, grander, safer, nicer land-scape, cheaper etc etc new gated communities springing up in Gelang Patah or any areas even nearer to 2nd link being competitors to East Ledang. Unless IRDA is so successful on Iskandar Financial District in Medini that they decide to build another Financial District nearer to 2nd link call Medini2 or Menini :wink:, but even if that happens, I'll still have plenty of time to sell my units will big profit since the Iskandar Financial District in Medini is already so successful and thus a highly sought after Location.

My view is that for EL properties to continue its appreciation, a lot depends on the current and future government initiatives. Most private companies still prefer to invest and build in older tamans like Austin, Permas Jaya, etc. While most of those who invest in Nusajaya area have links with GLCs, or because they already have land bank here like Leisure Farm, SP Setia.

I tend to think the reason why Temasek is willing to invest in Medini is partly because it is part of the broader deal in getting the railway land back and it is in the Malaysian gov's interest that they invest in this area. This will also in a way help to promote more investments in Medini region.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:smile: actually i wanted to say it depends on Medini within Nusajaya, didn't edit because I think for the whole of Iskandar to be successful, the main proposed developements in Medini must progress well first. If all these do not take shape, many new proposals might be shelved. Let's pray all the universities in Educity will be successful, Legoland will receive millions of visitors, indoor theme park and traders hotel will do well.

:smile: So we have the same view after all. With all the committed developments coming from individual businesses, both foreign and local, mainly from private sector instead of being a Malaysian Government's own project, it's totally impossible for All the investments to fail altogether. The only chance for that to happen is that the Malaysian Government themselves decide to scrap the idea of inviting foreign investments into Iskandar.

If that happens, they themselves will be the biggest loser as the initial investments into Iskandar on infrastructure, government buildings, policing etc etc were mainly from the Government themselves, moreover it makes no economic sense for them to reject all the 'already' committed foreign investments in Iskandar unless they think nothing of RM80 Billion. I don't think they will even end up rejecting Temasek's RM3 billion commitment in Medini, let alone the overall RM80 Billion(if I remember correctly) till date. If they lose, they lose in many many Billions. If I lose, I lose a few mil. This is definitely a good bet I'm willing to make. No risk No gain :smile:

newkid

Hello all,
Newbie to this forum, newbie to the JB scene as well...

My first post here and I just wanted to share with all of you that I've decided to crossover to the other side.

Its a long story, but in a nutshell, I am starting a new life in JB. Just managed to get a place on rent and will be doing the daily commute into Singapore, until I find a more permanent settlement...

There will be trials, tribulations, fears and challenges to overcome. But I take courage in the fact that if so many of you have done it before, and successfully, I can too...

There are so many things to sort out and I have so little time. However, I will prevail.

I've fuelled the Singapore greed enough. Enough for now. Enough for ever.

Cheers
Newkid

newkid

Hello all,

My first post here and I just wanted to share with all of you that I've decided to crossover to the other side.

Its a long story, but in a nutshell, I am starting a new life in JB. Just managed to get a place on rent and will be doing the daily commute into Singapore, until I find a more permanent settlement...

There will be trials, tribulations, fears and challenges to overcome. But I take courage in the fact that if so many of you have done it before, and successfully, I can too...

There are so many things to sort out and I have so little time. However, I will prevail.

Cheers
Newkid

xiaoyjia

Hi everyone.. I have been following this discussion for some time. It's a interesting and lively thread. Nice mixture of serious discussion and casual chats!

In terms of capital appreciation, does HH units has the upper hand to date compared to the neighboring developments within nusajaya area? Anyone been to the Fairway suite launch last weekend.. How many % sold already?

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tend to think the reason why Temasek is willing to invest in Medini is partly because it is part of the broader deal in getting the railway land back and it is in the Malaysian gov's interest that they invest in this area. This will also in a way help to promote more investments in Medini region.

Hi lastresort, looks like you are ready to do postgraduate :smile:

Good thought processes. Maybe you can make some money as an investment analyst/banker.

My take is Temasek needs to invest in Medini. That Najib came along and executed the deal only catalyses it (as signing was long ago). Capitaland and Keppel Land have seen the success of Taman Sutera and would have been test cases for Temasek years ago and confirms their vision. Vision of many retirees retiring in JB. There is a need for housing for Singapore senior citizens with good quality of life and Nusajaya presents just that. Thus Wellness Village is a natural concept for Temasek to start in Nusajaya. Singapore will become a hub for multi-cultural-high-income-generating-young-workforce. That is why property prices in Singapore have started to climb to a upper long term new base and why Iskandar esp Nusajaya (a greenfield site) will follow suit. We all betting on that with investments both sides. The logic is inescapable.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
My view is that for EL properties to continue its appreciation, a lot depends on the current and future government initiatives. Most private companies still prefer to invest and build in older tamans like Austin, Permas Jaya, etc. While most of those who invest in Nusajaya area have links with GLCs, or because they already have land bank here like Leisure Farm, SP Setia.

EL is a Freehold development with a limited supply of only 232 units of Link Duplexes, 164 Twin Villas and 465 Bungalows. There will be no more Link Duplexes and Twin Villas, only Bungalows for sale in the future launches. therefore I believed that a lot of buyers are turning to HH for that reason where there are still plenty of subsale units and new launches coming up for landed units.

UEM is the Master Planner for the whole of Nusajaya and other developers have to buy the land from them or joint venture like Gamuda Land on the HH. It is thus not that "other developers still prefer to invest and built in older tamans".

Medini is a 99 yrs leasehold property and thus make EL even more attractive proposition to own.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
...Thus Wellness Village is a natural concept for Temasek to start in Nusajaya. Singapore will become a hub for multi-cultural-high-income-generating-young-workforce. That is why property prices in Singapore have started to climb to a upper long term new base and why Iskandar esp Nusajaya (a greenfield site) will follow suit. We all betting on that with investments both sides. The logic is inescapable.

Before flames can happen from ultras, I will clarify that this is the big picture trend.

When you get to the details of course there are many reasons for people to move to Iskandar. Myself included. This will be due to quality of life, fresh air, space, etc. In fact I would love to stay in my HH home daily when it is ready and commute, but only my kids' schooling prevents me for the next few years as I stay in east but work in west. But I hope one day a Singapore International School will arise in Iskandar as exists in Shanghai that teaches Singapore syllabus. This will make it easier integration...

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
EL is a Freehold development with a limited supply of only 232 units of Link Duplexes, 164 Twin Villas and 465 Bungalows. There will be no more Link Duplexes and Twin Villas, only Bungalows for sale in the future launches. therefore I believed that a lot of buyers are turning to HH for that reason where there are still plenty of subsale units and new launches coming up for landed units.

UEM is the Master Planner for the whole of Nusajaya and other developers have to buy the land from them or joint venture like Gamuda Land on the HH. It is thus not that "other developers still prefer to invest and built in older tamans".

Medini is a 99 yrs leasehold property and thus make EL even more attractive proposition to own.

:smile: Hi Serenity, that was what I meant too, to JV with the GLCs, "have links with them" more layman term only.

EL is definitely very attractive as like what you said, it is freehold and very limited in this prime location. Too bad my family cannot afford one there now! :biggrin:

There are a lot of opportunities for private developers to buy land directly from UEM land or JV and so far we have seen quite a few of them do so near Puteri Habour (land at Puteri Habour is now selling above 200 psf). Tiong Nam just bought 3.23 acres of commercial land at around RM 217 psf!

I'm just hoping to see more of them come here, maybe once they have developed their limited land bank in JB sentral and other towns, more will start to venture here. By then, the prices of land would be very high. I hope more factories will be built in SiLC, 2 more theme parks would come, more office buildings would be built. :biggrin:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi lastresort, looks like you are ready to do postgraduate :smile:

Good thought processes. Maybe you can make some money as an investment analyst/banker.

My take is Temasek needs to invest in Medini. That Najib came along and executed the deal only catalyses it (as signing was long ago). Capitaland and Keppel Land have seen the success of Taman Sutera and would have been test cases for Temasek years ago and confirms their vision. Vision of many retirees retiring in JB. There is a need for housing for Singapore senior citizens with good quality of life and Nusajaya presents just that. Thus Wellness Village is a natural concept for Temasek to start in Nusajaya. Singapore will become a hub for multi-cultural-high-income-generating-young-workforce. That is why property prices in Singapore have started to climb to a upper long term new base and why Iskandar esp Nusajaya (a greenfield site) will follow suit. We all betting on that with investments both sides. The logic is inescapable.

:p haha, we're all learning from one another. I think it's good to hear each other's view especially in times of uncertainty. Yup, Keppel Land and Cap Land have certainly done very well with the success of Taman Sutera. Cap Land's other venture in UM land's Seri Austin is progressing well too.

I think with this wellness village, Iskandar will really become very livable.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi lastesort, I do agree that if it is not for wanting to get the railway land back, Singapore need not commit any development in Medini at this point of time. At least they can still stay on the sideline for a while. Some people might even be blunt and say that Singapore's investment in Medini is of 'no choice' as Singapore wants to get the railway land back. To me, this view is way too simple.

Even if Malaysia had specifically requested Singapore to commit certain investments in Iskandar or even more specifically Medini for the land swop deal, but after some due diligence done by Temasek which revealed that the chances of success in Medini is really low, I think our Government can simply counter propose to Malaysia about investing in other areas in Iskandar or even other states like KL or wherever they think more highly of, instead of saying to themselves "No choice lah, if we wanna get back our railway land, we have to throw RM3 billion into the drain by agreeing to invest in their 'sure to fail' Medini".

What I'm trying to say is that even though Singapore's investments in Nusajaya is part of the land swop deal, Singapore still has the choice to choose a location which they think will generate the most profit and benefit them best, and after their study of the region, they chose Medini.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last weekend, we viewed a few units at HH. One 2-storey (golf view)SD going for RM 1.1m - poor layout and badly maintained. Another corner 2.5 storey SD going for RM 1.6 m - the golf view is below expectations... not that great. Kinda disappointed.

The new launches for the golf facing 2.5 SDs are selling for 1.55m and above ... they are better buys as the built up is bigger and layout is better. If I were a buyer, I don't think I will buy the older ones.

We have crossed out HH from our list even though it is at a really convenient location. Lack of greenery is one main factor. It does not suit our lifestyle. Poor finishing is another.

We are eyeing Bayou Creek now...LFR is beautiful ... I love the trees and the space and the fresh air. We actually stayed at one of the rental units for one nite as we were not able to find accomodation in the city. Woke up to the sound of singing birds and the morning walk around the area was lovely. Security is tight with guards patrolling at night. Will make a good retirement home and a holiday home for my family :smile:

Many are attracted to the resort-style living in LF indeed.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello all,

Cheers
Newkid

Welcome. You're moving to Johor alone like our Tiger friend?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey guys,

Fairway Suites South Tower will be launched tomorrow. We're going in now to attend the launch and meet new neighbours tomorrow. There is an average of 3 or more people booking any available unit that will be launched. So it could be sold out within hours, less those lousy units, bumi units or under 500K units. =)

Will update here again.

Anyone been to the Fairway suite launch last weekend.. How many % sold already?

Hi lastresort, any update on the sales of Fairway suite?

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi lastresort, any update on the sales of Fairway suite?

Hi everyone.. I have been following this discussion for some time. It's a interesting and lively thread. Nice mixture of serious discussion and casual chats!

In terms of capital appreciation, does HH units has the upper hand to date compared to the neighboring developments within nusajaya area? Anyone been to the Fairway suite launch last weekend.. How many % sold already?

Hi Xiaoyjia, welcome to the forum! and thanks Investor.

We went there last Wednesday morning, reached the sales office late at 9 am, the ballot was done at 8 am for those units that have more contenders. Then there was drama and unhappiness for those who could not get their unit, the management had a close door meeting and decided to reopen one of the units at 11.30 am and from my understanding, whoever's cheque that could be banked in successfully would get the unit.

From what i heard last weekend, those units above 3rd floor facing golf are sold out (except for a few bumi units or those below 500K). From my own estimation, South Tower should be close to 40% sold by now. But those that could not get the units they want would either continue to wait to see if there is any that will become available due to loan rejection, last min cancellation or just get the units left that do not have golf view. :wink:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The latest launches of the semis in the Golf for rm1.55m, in my opinion, does not have as good a view as those facing the golf course and the gateway. That is why the take-up rate is much slower and I heard there are still many unsold units

Here's an update on previous East Ledang's bungalow launch.

Prices are from RM2.6 to RM3.3 million.
So far, out of 25 non-bumi units, 22 units are already sold.
Balance 3 units ranges from RM2.7 to RM2.9 million, the higher priced ones which are above RM3 million are sold out.
Most buyers are Singaporeans.
RM3.3 million is around SGD1.35 million, seems like Singaporeans are willing to pay very high price for East Ledang's Location and build quality since it has no golf course view to talk about.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
The latest launches of the semis in the Golf for rm1.55m, in my opinion, does not have as good a view as those facing the golf course and the gateway. That is why the take-up rate is much slower and I heard there are still many unsold units

From an investment point of view , isnt it better to buy 2 custer house or terrace instead of a semi - D ?
1st it is easier to get rental income , and you get more flexibility to stay in one if you need to . You can even cash out one if you wish , lot of flexibility . Not forgetting got more rooms and bigger area for your dollars .

BTW got a cooking issue that need advice . Anyone know the different between using plain flour as thickening a sauce vs using corn flour to thinken a sauce ? Can we use potato flour instead ? Also , some cook books call for a mix of plain flour with tropical flour in making a batter for deep flying ?
Basically , I dont like to keep so many types of flour in the kitchen , so what is best solution , ladies or guys ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.