• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe they fabricated figures and lied to the press.

I guess statistics are easy to manage... even without cheating. My own job involves a lot of numbers and analysis and with the same set of numbers... i can chose to paint a glorious picture of the business perfomance... or i can screw the country manager by focussing on the bad part if he pisses me off :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haha you probably missed it amidst the extremely fast moving thread since your were in moderation mode at that time. You would find it mentioned a few times in the 400 pages :smile: money changer remittance is the cheapest because you get money changer's rate + $10 charge waived if you remit above certain amount. I've done that myself. Just go to any reputable moneychanger, but make the salesperson from the developer give you a written confirmation of account name, number and branch.

One important thing to note is that the developer's bank account will receive your money as a cash deposit from an unknown source. Meaning you don't have any record with the bank showing that you are the person who paid the developer. You only have a receipt from the money changer in Singapore.

What I would suggest is to open a bank account with cheque book in Malaysia. Transfer your money to your own account first and issue your personal cheque to the developer. The only inconvenience here is that you can only deposit RM10k(if I remember correctly) into your own account per day if you are a foreigner. If your spouse is a Malaysian, get him/her to open an account in Malaysia so that you can transfer larger amount per day as there is no limit on deposit amount into an account of a Malaysian. But anyway, it's not advisable to transfer a large amount through a money changer per transaction per day, what if they close down the next day? Just get them to do SGD5-10k per transaction.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Among all the projects mentioned, i have most faith in Legoland. That is something sorely lacking in this region and will take off nicely. There is only one thing the local authority needs to buck up and it is none other than security, security and security.

Then I guess you'll be very happy in future when they announce that another two International Theme Parks have decided to come to Nusajaya because Legoland is just one of three Theme Parks they plan to have in Nusajaya.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow..is there any better method to transfer money to Malaysia? 10k per transaction doesn't make sense..

One important thing to note is that the developer's bank account will receive your money as a cash deposit from an unknown source. Meaning you don't have any record with the bank showing that you are the person who paid the developer. You only have a receipt from the money changer in Singapore.

What I would suggest is to open a bank account with cheque book in Malaysia. Transfer your money to your own account first and issue your personal cheque to the developer. The only inconvenience here is that you can only deposit RM10k(if I remember correctly) into your own account per day if you are a foreigner. If your spouse is a Malaysian, get him/her to open an account in Malaysia so that you can transfer larger amount per day as there is no limit on deposit amount into an account of a Malaysian. But anyway, it's not advisable to transfer a large amount through a money changer per transaction per day, what if they close down the next day? Just get them to do SGD5-10k per transaction.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow..is there any better method to transfer money to Malaysia? 10k per transaction doesn't make sense..

Employ 2 bodyguards and bring the whole sum in yourself :biggrin: But if the sum is small, the savings from the exchange rate won't be enough to pay the guards :p

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Among all the projects mentioned, i have most faith in Legoland. That is something sorely lacking in this region and will take off nicely.

That's Legoland :smile:

attachment.php

281807_253928911289332_115381348477423_1171226_509805_n-1.jpg

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Employ 2 bodyguards and bring the whole sum in yourself :biggrin: But if the sum is small, the savings from the exchange rate won't be enough to pay the guards :p

How you do it previously? I don't wish to bring money like that to Malaysia.. Is there any limit when TT from bank?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How you do it previously? I don't wish to bring money like that to Malaysia.. Is there any limit when TT from bank?

TT by bank is different from TT by money changer. The Malaysian's developer's bank will know and have a record that the money is from your account in Singapore so no worries. Only thing is the lousy exchange rate. The last time I compared, by the time I fully pay up just one of my unit using bank's TT rate instead of money changer's rate, I would have lost RM24,000.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone here(euphony if I'm not wrong) ever asked whether we are able to drive into Medini area now to see its infrastructure development's progress. The answer is that we can't drive into Medini as it's all fenced up, but here's a glimpse of Medini's Financial district right beside East Ledang.

Infrastruture of Medini's Financial district almost done! 'Bottom right' are East Ledang's Terrace show houses.

attachment.php

261267_253930104622546_115381348477423_1171229_6179537_n.jpg

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Oh there's no limit if you are depositing money into Malaysian developer's account.

Don't be confused as it's not about the transfer method which is the issue here, it doesn't matter whether it's TT by bank or by money changer. The deposit limit is imposed on bank accounts in Malaysia which are under foreigners' name. There's no deposit limit if the bank account in Malaysia belongs to a local Malaysian.

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone here(euphony if I'm not wrong) ever asked whether we are able to drive into Medini area now to see its infrastructure development's progress. The answer is that we can't drive into Medini as it's all fenced up, but here's a glimpse of Medini's Financial district right beside East Ledang.

Infrastruture of Medini's Financial district almost done! 'Bottom right' are East Ledang's Terrace show houses.

yes bro, i asked some time back. urggh can't wait to plant my car's tires on the new medini roads.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Actually one can look into parts of medini if you go through the new highway portion and stop there. I have driven into the new highway along HH and noticed that some of the daring local folks are starting to use the roads albeit still not open officially to the public.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Durian Bumper Crop = lower prices.

I have been looking for a reasonably good stall. Any one with good experiences in JB so far?

Yesterday, I bought from a roadside stall, operating from the back of a Small Lorry.

Father and son team, parked outside Nayang Sang Pau Office at Jalan Maju (near Plaza Perlangi).

RM 15 /kg Mao Sang Wang, there are also those pre-packed in boxes going for Rm15 /box. We love XO Durian, and cannot really tell real or fake Mao Sang Wang. The 3pcs we bought yesterday were pretty good, definitely better grade than the pre-packed at Carrefour. Yes, we do enjoy cheap durians and used some of those to make durian ice-cream :smile:

We may venture to kampong durians, if we know where to go.

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Jalan+Maju+Taman+Maju+Jaya+Johor+Bahru,+Johor+Malaysia&hl=en&ll=1.480393,103.767071&spn=0.009814,0.016512&sll=1.352083,103.819836&sspn=1.256186,2.113495&z=17

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually one can look into parts of medini if you go through the new highway portion and stop there. I have driven into the new highway along HH and noticed that some of the daring local folks are starting to use the roads albeit still not open officially to the public.

the new highway is not blocked by barriers? how do these folks get through??
the EDL is progressing well too, i passed by just yesterday compared to just 2/3 months ago when i last used the roads there radically changed.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have been looking for a reasonably good stall. Any one with good experiences in JB so far?

Yesterday, I bought from a roadside stall, operating from the back of a Small Lorry.

Father and son team, parked outside Nayang Sang Pau Office at Jalan Maju (near Plaza Perlangi).

RM 15 /kg Mao Sang Wang, there are also those pre-packed in boxes going for Rm15 /box. We love XO Durian, and cannot really tell real or fake Mao Sang Wang. The 3pcs we bought yesterday were pretty good, definitely better grade than the pre-packed at Carrefour. Yes, we do enjoy cheap durians and used some of those to make durian ice-cream :smile:

We may venture to kampong durians, if we know where to go.

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Jalan+Maju+Taman+Maju+Jaya+Johor+Bahru,+Johor+Malaysia&hl=en&ll=1.480393,103.767071&spn=0.009814,0.016512&sll=1.352083,103.819836&sspn=1.256186,2.113495&z=17

Hi bro abugumgum,

One stall i particularly like and so far the standard has been consistent.... the stall is located at the well known bak ju teh in taman sentosa. It's very crowded on weekends... many sg buys bags of them from him. The prices are pretty standard but last week bought some from him for Rm10/kg. The mao shan wang is ard Rm25/kg.You tell him what you like, he can recommend quite good ones. Can try ...
They also have the susu kind which is used to make pastry... a different kind of texture of durian...

Hope you enjoy.... Yum Yum...
Cheers..

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro abugumgum,

One stall i particularly like and so far the standard has been consistent.... the stall is located at the well known bak ju teh in taman sentosa. It's very crowded on weekends... many sg buys bags of them from him. The prices are pretty standard but last week bought some from him for Rm10/kg. The mao shan wang is ard Rm25/kg.You tell him what you like, he can recommend quite good ones. Can try ...
They also have the susu kind which is used to make pastry... a different kind of texture of durian...

Hope you enjoy.... Yum Yum...
Cheers..

Thanks, will try the stall. What is the name of the bah kut teh? This is another type of food that I am searching.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems that the criminals are starting to notice the trend of Sporeans flocking to Nusajaya area. My advice is for you to dump your S-plate car in your house and travel around Malaysia in a Wira/Waja. That would reduce the attention significantly.

Ha ha... got to buy a local car..for peace of mind..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I called one TT company this morning and talking to some bankers on how to bring money to Malaysia...
This daily 10K limit is really a big inconvenience for foreigners... I am wondering in future if we need to bring money out of Malaysia, what kind of trouble will the foreigners like to be subjected to..
I still don't have good solution.. Is it easier to TT money into foreign bank like HSBC or local bank like Maybank, RHB, Public etc?

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Was told that mao shan wang have a star marking at the bottom part but if u buy in boxes one then u got to trust the seller!

Status
Not open for further replies.