• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
^^ whoah, educity is becoming really successful. Too bad I am not born a few years later, if not I would definitely consider the universities there. I really hope this Reading Business School will be confirmed and finalised. :biggrin:

I will be entering a local uni next month and this means I may not have time to visit HH homes regularly :mad:. I'm turning 23 tomorrow, and I feel quite old for school.

I've been spending my time learning about property investment from Bros, Sis, uncles and aunties everywhere I go in JB. One thing, I've been very impressed with many Malaysians is that they come out to work at a very early age, working really hard and able to afford homes at a young age. Like one guy who was jogging in Gateway and came to our doorstep to chat with us. He told us he is only around 30 and has bought 10 properties! and the properties he bought are all above 500K, one of which is the famous parkview apartment in KLCC.

Seriously, now starting school again, I feel I have lost touch with people (Singaporeans) my age. I do not know how to communicate well with them because i have been spending time with people more than twice my age. I do not know who are the latest TV stars, movie stars, girl groups, singers and all. I do not club or drink, play computer games or watch tv dramas. I'm using an old 3-5 year old phone, I have no MP3, and do not shop for clothes. New friends might see me as an old outdated thrifty guy who likes to talk about stocks and shares.

Next week I will be going KL on my own to meet 2 KL friends, one who is just a year older than me and has his own property. I will be visiting new launches, checking out properties with him and exploring the place on my own. I'm also very interested to check out properties built/owned by Singapore developers, they are very accommodating and have invited me to stay with them, and drive me around.

My second bro is also in the midst of signing his first home in HH, after getting his first private home in SG last year, these people including bros wuqi, HH, and sisters are all my role models. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Very few like you in Singapore liao ! I tried to change the mindset of my kids so that they are not so obsess with the social media , computer games , TVs . Getting them to venture into the wild and nature seem a uphill task for the new kids leh ! My kids will most likely become another comercial products made in Singapore .... sad for them .

Last edited:

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
good day all,

what is the best way to transfer sgd funds from sg to malaysia ?

Bank - highest charge ?
Money Changer - lowest charge ?
INternet - how ?

Is there still a limit on amount per transfer ?

I understand from sg money changer,
"from sgd to myr-non Malaysian account holder: maximum limit of approx. S$9k"
but for
"from sgd to myr-malaysian company" - there is no limit

I have a maybank "Wadiah" savings a/c, and this being Ialamic, interest rates are not quoted - but declared at the end of every year,..

thanks

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very few like you in Singapore liao ! I tried to change the mindset of my kids so that they are not so obsess with the social media , computer games , TVs . Getting them to venture into the wild and nature seem a uphill task for the new kids leh ! My kids will most likely become another comercial products made in Singapore .... sad for them .

Sama sama, but I haven't given up to encourage the kid to go outdoor and enjoy the basic side of humanity..

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sama sama, but I haven't given up to encourage the kid to go outdoor and enjoy the basic side of humanity..

Haha, thanks jason and arsenal. I havent reached this stage in life so i cannot advice you. But I know my parents didn't give me what i wanted. And i know they meant good for me. So in turn, i just want to work hard for them and make them proud. In most developed cities, i can see kids obsessed in these human products. Maybe just take them out to the country side and experience another kind of life. I feel It's not easy to bring up kids nowadays.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey XiaoDi Lastresort....

Happy B Day!!!

Wow seriously enjoy urself while in KL! I already full of envy that you have the chance to learn and experience something ahead of you. It's alright that you may think it something not of your age... such chances are not always.. i'm sure you cherish this learning journey. i also happened to meet nice friends along the way that shares with me such wisdom. Just yet to meet a mentor....
U are indeed a lucky chap and enjoy your uni times... i had to work and study at the same time... glad it's a past... but i've always so wanted to pursue further studies... but now having bought a place in JB... i'm so interested to venture into something else a training place which may not be awfully just for business, sharing knowledge with the future generation or an eatery where good food can be shared, cozy place for families to eat out ... guess in our life time, we are continuously moving towards dreams we have in our mind. Time & place is really a matter... wish all the folks here... a healthy and happy Thursday... (weekend is near... ) Hee hee... Cheers!

Hey Skippy Sis. haha, we can have many mentors, but maybe just one super mentor. I'm sure you have met a few mentors, just approach them and express your interest to learn from them. Most of them are willing to share their experience and advice.

Haha, I don't think I will want to have too much fun during my days in uni, it is a place for me to network and learn some important human relation skills, and to get a degree to survive in SG. I am continuing my part time home based business as well as investments in stocks which i intend to cash in when the time is right. I do not want to venture into too many different things if not I will never be able to focus in what I am most interested in.

Let us know when you get your keys and organise a bbq and we can sure share our thoughts. Fellow Singaporeans living in JB. Make it a casual gathering. :biggrin:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of them buy, but they do it for investments. They dont stay inside HH. There are definitely no superstars staying in HH at the moment.. at most directors or CEOs driving mercs or BMWs etc, which is quite normal even in Spore. But if u are talking about Sultan or MB, no they dont stay here although they own properties here. Enjoy your school

haha, it's good to know at least they think it is worth their money to invest. Even if it's just some spare cash they have. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey Lastresort, Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Hi HH, how do you arrive at your conclusion for superstar? As in networth or status or judging by the car they drive?

Am definitely not one as i am still just a salaried worker and getting monthly pay and its definitely not 100k a month but there are quite a few folks who are "quite" comfortable.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
There was a lady who just PMed me, thanks for your message.
I will be replying to your PM shortly but will be sharing my reply here as it will apply to a few folks here.

Please do not, i repeat touch Bumi land unless you deal directly with the developer who converts it for you.

Please be wary of any such get rich scheme whereby you are promised a share of a bumi lot or told you can buy a bumi lot and then get it converted later. Once a bumi guy/gal buys a bumi lot, it will not be convertible and even in the rare and very highly unlikely chance(i am already being optimistic here) this will still drag on a long time.

Please steer clear of such people and politely but firmly asks them to go cheat someone else. Unless these are your family members, else don't go for this. There are many other developments or places you can buy or rent. Other than the place you mentioned, there are also many other developments but you should get something:

1. Above 500k
2. International lot - Gazatted for foreigners
3. Trustworthy developer
4. Buy direct from developer

The issue here is not with the developer but with the person who mentioned this to your BF and you. Nusa Idaman is still a very affordable and good place and Nusa Duta is too. The place you mentioned is a little expensive right now. Again, do remember that even if all of you are Malays, there is little to protect you in times of disputes over Bumi.

Hence i will only touch Bumi lots after they are converted to International Lots.

I know i am offending would be cheaters and conmen but our knowledge is our only form of protection and if it can be considered as such, then i hope that this can be used as a tailsmen of sorts to share with others for protection.

Message to Mr Grifter, these folks are coming to MY not because they are damn bloody rich but some of them have personal issues in SG and need a place to just rest their tired and weary feet.

As some of the bros(and a sister) has rightly pointed out, most of us are not superstars, we can only afford public projects/flats in SG and we are just dwarfs in the entire scheme of things.

Please, i humbly implore you, (you know who you are) pick your mark from elsewhere, please.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
There are many who will tell you with confidence that you can buy bumi lots. Yes you can in a way, after the state consent and conversion but normally the conversion of the land will be done by the developer.

Defence against the Dark Arts - Bumi Rules

1. Never trust anyone that tells you that it can be done easily as it will need help from lawyers on getting everything in order(and this is only the first step!).

2. Never trust anyone who tells you to buy it with him/her (Bumi) and then share the lot and afterwards sell it to you or that
they cannot sell it without your knowledge, etc. A lot of things can be circumvented if they are bumi and that land is a
bumi lot.

3. Never trust anyone who tells you that after the bumi land is acquired by them, it can be turned back into an international
lot easily and resold to foreigners. There is a reason why it is a bumi lot and 15% cheaper in Johore.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros and sisters here, those who have the (mis)fortune of encountering people who promises you bumi lots.

Unless you know the law and have a water tight plan or are linked to certain powerful individuals in Malaysia or have strong connections, otherwise please firmly and politely say no to bumi lots. If you insist, at least get them only after the DEVELOPER has converted it to international lot. Even then, if after conversion, a bumi buys it, it against gets converted back to bumi lot and can only be subsequently sold to a bumi unless extensive time and effort is spent to convert again(highly troublesome and unlikely)

Say no to any offers of bumi or even sharing of agricultural land.
Smile and walk away, quickly.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Lastresort, Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Hi HH, how do you arrive at your conclusion for superstar? As in networth or status or judging by the car they drive?

Am definitely not one as i am still just a salaried worker and getting monthly pay and its definitely not 100k a month but there are quite a few folks who are "quite" comfortable.

Hi Bro Wuqi. haha, not belated yet, it is today. Thanks again bro wuqi. I didn't want to make it so personal, it was just a casual remark. :biggrin:

I think there might be some TV stars, although not superstars who bought units around this area to flip or invest long term for capital gain (I don't think this area has attracted international superstars of status like Jet Li or Jackie Chan who actually bought condos in Singapore).

I was told Mediacorp artistes like Chen Han Wei bought a pent house in a nearby condo, actually i was even told by the developer he bought the unit above the one i booked, and even so, I chose to cancel. Now we have gotten all the refunds from all the units we booked in that project, it was a painful experience we went thru, nevertheless it was the most valuable lesson having gone thru so much stress and is worthwhile, we got all back.

If we talk about superstar in terms of networth, I was told ex minister Mxx actually bought a bungalow unit near second link. Haha, I think you can guess who and which project bah. :rolleyes:

Just from what i've heard...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually a lot of uncomfirm buying by well know people , no data to show . I guess a more important piece of data is how many houses Singaporean , Foreigner bought in Iskandar ? I heard that it was 30,000 ? Anyone got this data ?

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?sec=southneast&file=/2011/2/12/southneast/8031848

JOHOR BARU: The crime index in Johor recorded a 20.69% drop last year compared to the previous year.

Johor police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said the achievement was equivalent to a reduction of 5,381 cases due to the commitment of all personnel involved and the police intelligence gathering method.

Commendable: Mohd Mokhtar (right) presenting appreciation letters to police personnel during the monthly gathering at the state police headquarters recently.
“We managed to lower the crime index because of the commitment shown by all as well as good cooperation from the public.

“Members of the public are the eyes and ears of the police and I firmly believe the best weapon to curb crime is police and public cooperation,” he said in his speech before presenting appreciation letters to 107 outstanding personnel during the monthly gathering at the police headquarters on Wednesday.

He said the police scored huge success particularly in curbing street crimes as well.

DCP Mohd Mokhtar said the police also clamped down hard on drug dealers and kingpins with 133 nabbed under the Special Preventive Act, last year.

“We are firm in combating drug abuse and trafficking in the state.

“Drug addicts and the dealers are not welcomed in Johor,” he said adding that police would continue its efforts against drug syndicates.

He said the Ah Long or loan sharks were also not spared with 80 of them nabbed throughout last year.

“We will not tolerate their illegal business or heavy handed tactics in dealing with their borrowers.

“I also advice the people not to resort to borrowing from the loan sharks and be mindful of their spending,” he said.

DCP Mohd Mokhtar reminded all personnel not to rest on their laurels in view of the police success last year.

“We have to increase our efforts and erase the fear of crime among the public.

“Crime prevention efforts as well as community oriented policing must be improved upon to ensure its effectiveness,” he said.

He added members of the public must always remember to call the police hotline at 07-2212999 for any enquiries or emergencies especially incidents of crime.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?sec=southneast&file=/2011/2/12/southneast/8031848

JOHOR BARU: The crime index in Johor recorded a 20.69% drop last year compared to the previous year.

Johor police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said the achievement was equivalent to a reduction of 5,381 cases due to the commitment of all personnel involved and the police intelligence gathering method.

Commendable: Mohd Mokhtar (right) presenting appreciation letters to police personnel during the monthly gathering at the state police headquarters recently.
“We managed to lower the crime index because of the commitment shown by all as well as good cooperation from the public.

“Members of the public are the eyes and ears of the police and I firmly believe the best weapon to curb crime is police and public cooperation,” he said in his speech before presenting appreciation letters to 107 outstanding personnel during the monthly gathering at the police headquarters on Wednesday.

He said the police scored huge success particularly in curbing street crimes as well.

DCP Mohd Mokhtar said the police also clamped down hard on drug dealers and kingpins with 133 nabbed under the Special Preventive Act, last year.

“We are firm in combating drug abuse and trafficking in the state.

“Drug addicts and the dealers are not welcomed in Johor,” he said adding that police would continue its efforts against drug syndicates.

He said the Ah Long or loan sharks were also not spared with 80 of them nabbed throughout last year.

“We will not tolerate their illegal business or heavy handed tactics in dealing with their borrowers.

“I also advice the people not to resort to borrowing from the loan sharks and be mindful of their spending,” he said.

DCP Mohd Mokhtar reminded all personnel not to rest on their laurels in view of the police success last year.

“We have to increase our efforts and erase the fear of crime among the public.

“Crime prevention efforts as well as community oriented policing must be improved upon to ensure its effectiveness,” he said.

He added members of the public must always remember to call the police hotline at 07-2212999 for any enquiries or emergencies especially incidents of crime.

hahaha now that is something i do not believe. I stayed here for 2.5 years and nothing happened during the first 1.5 years. In the last 1 year i had 2 incidences... plus a lot more i hear from people i meet. Even the inspector at the Nusajaya headoffice told me to be careful as crime is on the rise.

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
good day all,

what is the best way to transfer sgd funds from sg to malaysia ?

Bank - highest charge ?
Money Changer - lowest charge ?
INternet - how ?

Is there still a limit on amount per transfer ?

I understand from sg money changer,
"from sgd to myr-non Malaysian account holder: maximum limit of approx. S$9k"
but for
"from sgd to myr-malaysian company" - there is no limit

I have a maybank "Wadiah" savings a/c, and this being Ialamic, interest rates are not quoted - but declared at the end of every year,..

thanks

i've asked previously but no one reply me also leh.

end up i found a remittance coy quite reasonable charges
http://www.pay2home.com/

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With its sheer size, 2 million sq ft, Lifestyle Retail Mall @ Medini is bigger than the famed Pavilion shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur and Vivo City in Singapore.

As the southern region's largest retail mall, the Lifestyle Retail Mall @ Medini North is set to rival its counterparts in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. With its sheer size – two million sq.ft, the mall out sizes the famed Pavilion shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur and Vivo City in Singapore. This new development that is set to enhance the retail landscape in Johor will offer fashion boutiques featuring renowned global brands, F&B outlets of fine cuisine and entertainment as well as leisure activities, that pander to the discerning preference of sophisticated patrons.

Nusajaya's value proposition as Asia's new Regional City will receive a boost with opening of the Lifestyle Retail Mall and Residences @ Medini North – an award-winning design development. Strategically located adjacent to the LEGOLAND theme park, the mall is designed to complement the theme park while offering an all round leisure experience for the whole family.

Phase 1A of the mall is scheduled to open for business concurrent with the launch of LEGOLAND Malaysia. This large-scale development is resultant of a recently-inked joint venture between UEM Land Holdings Bhd. and Iskandar Harta Holdings Sdn. Bhd.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
i've asked previously but no one reply me also leh.

end up i found a remittance coy quite reasonable charges
http://www.pay2home.com/

haha you probably missed it amidst the extremely fast moving thread since your were in moderation mode at that time. You would find it mentioned a few times in the 400 pages :smile: money changer remittance is the cheapest because you get money changer's rate + $10 charge waived if you remit above certain amount. I've done that myself. Just go to any reputable moneychanger, but make the salesperson from the developer give you a written confirmation of account name, number and branch.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha now that is something i do not believe. I stayed here for 2.5 years and nothing happened during the first 1.5 years. In the last 1 year i had 2 incidences... plus a lot more i hear from people i meet. Even the inspector at the Nusajaya headoffice told me to be careful as crime is on the rise.

Maybe they fabricated figures and lied to the press.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
With its sheer size, 2 million sq ft, Lifestyle Retail Mall @ Medini is bigger than the famed Pavilion shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur and Vivo City in Singapore.

As the southern region's largest retail mall, the Lifestyle Retail Mall @ Medini North is set to rival its counterparts in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. With its sheer size – two million sq.ft, the mall out sizes the famed Pavilion shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur and Vivo City in Singapore. This new development that is set to enhance the retail landscape in Johor will offer fashion boutiques featuring renowned global brands, F&B outlets of fine cuisine and entertainment as well as leisure activities, that pander to the discerning preference of sophisticated patrons.

Nusajaya's value proposition as Asia's new Regional City will receive a boost with opening of the Lifestyle Retail Mall and Residences @ Medini North – an award-winning design development. Strategically located adjacent to the LEGOLAND theme park, the mall is designed to complement the theme park while offering an all round leisure experience for the whole family.

Phase 1A of the mall is scheduled to open for business concurrent with the launch of LEGOLAND Malaysia. This large-scale development is resultant of a recently-inked joint venture between UEM Land Holdings Bhd. and Iskandar Harta Holdings Sdn. Bhd.

Among all the projects mentioned, i have most faith in Legoland. That is something sorely lacking in this region and will take off nicely. There is only one thing the local authority needs to buck up and it is none other than security, security and security.

Status
Not open for further replies.