• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be perfect if I can start a business and live in Nusajaya too.. I have several sleepless nights thinking of what I can do in my next 20-30.
I was stopped by Malaysia traffic police for stopping in the yellow box just now. 50 dollars to settle.. Anyway still cheaper than Singapore..

Can foreigner register a company without a Malaysian partner ?

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Skippy, you will soon enjoy it. Walking around even in the middle of the night, a local friend came, saw and then told me he got his brothers buy in and recently
got one. He will be doing his renovation soon. The serenity and the lifestyle, its really different.

I know some will come by and say its no big deal as each house is only a HDB flat. A learned neighbour asked me this, how many in SG own or can afford more than 1 HDB flat though especially with current pricing?

Wow Bro Wuqi & HH..
U guys are indeed fortunate... i just hope that the developer could hand over the keys soon... just like your friend... i cant wait for the reno to begin... in fact some of my friends are eager to view my place. But of it all... what u guys share here.. i always update my Dad and keep in posted.. he too feels eager to move.. One hand cant wait for the move, the other praying that our house would have the least defacts so we can plan our shift more promptly.

Like this i dun mind have BBQ, chit chat makan sessions with HH folks. Share the joy & peaceful new living.

Abt the property prices... it's indeed been a great increase.. how i wish i have bought another terrace unit so now can sell at a good profit. sob sob...

Abt business... i also tot of getting into one but need capital and networking.. i tot of some ideas and consult Drs for some opinions but they were not positive and i got turn down.. quite sad... got good lobang can count me in anot?? i also feel that to start business on a foreign land is aint an easy task... i'm willing to learn if got mentor willing to teach.. wo ke yi chu li... wo ken xue.

My personal tot is that i'm thankful if given such a chance. In fact i'm thankful i've given the chance to know bros & sisters here, sharing all these information.

Ve a great week.. Cheers...

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another British varsity in Iskandar
By Sharen Kaur
Published: 2011/07/20

It is learnt that Education@Iskandar Sdn Bhd, a unit of Iskandar Investment Bhd, is expected to sign a partnership agreement with Reading Business School soon.

Kuala Lumpur: Britain's University of Reading Business School is setting up a branch campus in EduCity in Iskandar Malaysia, Johor, for between RM150 million and RM200 million, sources familiar with the plan say.

This would make it the third education group from the UK to set up branches in Iskandar Malaysia, highlighting their confidence in growth in Asian markets.

To be known as University of Reading Iskandar, construction is due to start next year, said a source.

It is learnt that Education@Iskandar Sdn Bhd, a unit of Iskandar Investment Bhd (IIB), is expected to sign a partnership agreement with Reading Business School soon.

EduCity is the education hub of Iskandar Malaysia, comprising world-class multi-university campuses, international schools and colleges, as well as recreational facilities and accommodation for over 20,000 students.

Demand from foreign universities has been so strong that the allocated land for EduCity is fully occupied. But IIB has said it would provide more land for EduCity.

The others that have committed are Marlborough College, one of the UK's leading independent co-educational boarding schools, and Newcastle University Medical Malaysia (NUMed), which is being built for RM90 million and due for opening this year.

IIB did not respond to questions sent by Business Times.

Set up in 2001 and located in England, Reading Business School is the centre of the world's business research and teaching.

The global institution had said in April it is investigating the prospects to set up a branch campus in Malaysia.

This was after a discussion with Datuk Zakaria Sulong, the High Commissioner of Malaysia to the UK, and leading regional business representatives on the investment potential in Malaysia.

Talks were centred on investments in Malaysia and how students and graduates of Reading Business School will have good chance for work placements.

Besides Marlborough College and NUMed, the hub consists of the Netherlands' Dutch Maritime University, the RM300 million Management Development Institute of Singapore, and the S$82 million (RM203 million) Raffles University Iskandar by Singapore's Raffles Education Group.

Last edited:

Newbe

I would humbly recommend to rent out your SG one, that way, with the high exchange rate now, you benefit more if you are living on the other side of the causeway. :smile:

I am glad that this forum is so lively and mostly full of folks like you and skippy, RT and the regulars who are positive. Unlike most i meet whenever i am back in SG prefer to always dwell on the problem, think negative about everything and yet do nothing about it. Worse is imaginary fear.

One minute, its the coming of the disease plague, next the locusts. Me? I will make fried locust sandwich. Not exactly appetizing but it will do. :P

Hi Wuqi

I been reading this forum for the past few weeks the info and topics discussed here are very useful and interesting. I have invested in a house in JB and need advice on renovation. The JB contractors like to recommend local brands i.e. like York air-con, Jovan water heater, Phi cooker hoot, hub and oven & etc. Are these local brand reliable? & is reno cost is higher than S'pore?

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another British varsity in Iskandar
By Sharen Kaur
Published: 2011/07/20

It is learnt that Education@Iskandar Sdn Bhd, a unit of Iskandar Investment Bhd, is expected to sign a partnership agreement with Reading Business School soon.

Kuala Lumpur: Britain's University of Reading Business School is setting up a branch campus in EduCity in Iskandar Malaysia, Johor, for between RM150 million and RM200 million, sources familiar with the plan say.

^^ whoah, educity is becoming really successful. Too bad I am not born a few years later, if not I would definitely consider the universities there. I really hope this Reading Business School will be confirmed and finalised. :biggrin:

I will be entering a local uni next month and this means I may not have time to visit HH homes regularly :mad:. I'm turning 23 tomorrow, and I feel quite old for school.

I've been spending my time learning about property investment from Bros, Sis, uncles and aunties everywhere I go in JB. One thing, I've been very impressed with many Malaysians is that they come out to work at a very early age, working really hard and able to afford homes at a young age. Like one guy who was jogging in Gateway and came to our doorstep to chat with us. He told us he is only around 30 and has bought 10 properties! and the properties he bought are all above 500K, one of which is the famous parkview apartment in KLCC.

Seriously, now starting school again, I feel I have lost touch with people (Singaporeans) my age. I do not know how to communicate well with them because i have been spending time with people more than twice my age. I do not know who are the latest TV stars, movie stars, girl groups, singers and all. I do not club or drink, play computer games or watch tv dramas. I'm using an old 3-5 year old phone, I have no MP3, and do not shop for clothes. New friends might see me as an old outdated thrifty guy who likes to talk about stocks and shares.

Next week I will be going KL on my own to meet 2 KL friends, one who is just a year older than me and has his own property. I will be visiting new launches, checking out properties with him and exploring the place on my own. I'm also very interested to check out properties built/owned by Singapore developers, they are very accommodating and have invited me to stay with them, and drive me around.

My second bro is also in the midst of signing his first home in HH, after getting his first private home in SG last year, these people including bros wuqi, HH, and sisters are all my role models. :biggrin: :biggrin:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't believe I met the guy who owns Pariss hotel chain at HH sales office today, I didn't get the chance to talk to him because only after he has left, then I know he is such a big customer. I was thinking if he could afford to build so many hotels (another one coming up next to Bukit Indah Mac), why would he not build his own home, then probably he is just looking for a home with golf view. I just cannot contain my excitement seeing so many well to do people investing/living in the same neighbourhood. :biggrin:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah younger brother, you own property at such a young age.. I da pu lek ta han neh...

^^ whoah, educity is becoming really successful. Too bad I am not born a few years later, if not I would definitely consider the universities there. I really hope this Reading Business School will be confirmed and finalised. :biggrin:

I will be entering a local uni next month and this means I may not have time to visit HH homes regularly :mad:. I'm turning 23 tomorrow, and I feel quite old for school.

I've been spending my time learning about property investment from Bros, Sis, uncles and aunties everywhere I go in JB. One thing, I've been very impressed with many Malaysians is that they come out to work at a very early age, working really hard and able to afford homes at a young age. Like one guy who was jogging in Gateway and came to our doorstep to chat with us. He told us he is only around 30 and has bought 10 properties! and the properties he bought are all above 500K, one of which is the famous parkview apartment in KLCC.

Seriously, now starting school again, I feel I have lost touch with people (Singaporeans) my age. I do not know how to communicate well with them because i have been spending time with people more than twice my age. I do not know who are the latest TV stars, movie stars, girl groups, singers and all. I do not club or drink, play computer games or watch tv dramas. I'm using an old 3-5 year old phone, I have no MP3, and do not shop for clothes. New friends might see me as an old outdated thrifty guy who likes to talk about stocks and shares.

Next week I will be going KL on my own to meet 2 KL friends, one who is just a year older than me and has his own property. I will be visiting new launches, checking out properties with him and exploring the place on my own. I'm also very interested to check out properties built/owned by Singapore developers, they are very accommodating and have invited me to stay with them, and drive me around.

My second bro is also in the midst of signing his first home in HH, after getting his first private home in SG last year, these people including bros wuqi, HH, and sisters are all my role models. :biggrin: :biggrin:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
lastresort: you're def on your way. 23 and already one leg up. puts some of us older folks here to shame haha.

i see a number of new developments potentially filling up iskandar. imho, i think at this point, the excitement has sort of reached a plateau lest the plans suddenly change to a high density metropolis. i hope the next wave to induce a feverish new high is the actual utility of the offerings be it in education or mall foot traffic or actual shifting in of new residents as the new phases of each of the choice location developments come to a completion. only then will this version of the reality secure in motion what we all hoped to see and enjoy in the future to come. and hopefully moving higher up the maslow's hierarchy of needs as a whole.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe we can form a Singapore Overseas Chamber of Commerce or Association here, and start some networking and business..

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Happy Birthday lastresort. From the look of it, I believe you'll be a high flyer at 30+. All the best on your properties and stocks research :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots of water seems to have flowed under the Causeway since my last appearance....
Gosh this time new forummers as well.

Now it was not holiday that kept me away but work and loads of it....

Finding it real hard to catch up and keep pace with the thread.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey XiaoDi Lastresort....

Happy B Day!!!

Wow seriously enjoy urself while in KL! I already full of envy that you have the chance to learn and experience something ahead of you. It's alright that you may think it something not of your age... such chances are not always.. i'm sure you cherish this learning journey. i also happened to meet nice friends along the way that shares with me such wisdom. Just yet to meet a mentor....
U are indeed a lucky chap and enjoy your uni times... i had to work and study at the same time... glad it's a past... but i've always so wanted to pursue further studies... but now having bought a place in JB... i'm so interested to venture into something else a training place which may not be awfully just for business, sharing knowledge with the future generation or an eatery where good food can be shared, cozy place for families to eat out ... guess in our life time, we are continuously moving towards dreams we have in our mind. Time & place is really a matter... wish all the folks here... a healthy and happy Thursday... (weekend is near... ) Hee hee... Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.