• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HH_lover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys... Have been reading your thread for almost 1 week already. Thanks to all, I finally booked a cluster in the hills. Priced at about 920K.

However, I am wondering. If given a choice to get 2 or 3 storey cluster unit, where the 2-storey faces bungalows and the 3-storey faces terraces, which would you go for?

The corner cluster is going for about 1.2mil, would you advise to go for it from the point of view of investment?

Those are my 2 questions. :smile:

Lastly, exchange rate was good today. Managed to get 2.462. Am expecting 2.47 for 14th. :biggrin:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely need Wuqi for his networking and connections... and Mallow as the Expert On Site Advisor...

Jason you and i go and dig la k? Anyway i am so unfit...

Wow , you guys damn pro and serious man ! Possible that we buy a plot of cheap agriculture land in JB and start a plantation ? I heard plam oil is good profitable biz leh .
Say we buy a plot of land for 400K + 100K working capital , we invite 50 member here to join the investment , can work or not ? Additional space can plant some durian , mangos for sales to sinkie visiting during weekends ! Can appoint Mallow our expert in agriculture and wuqi for sale and marketing lor ! We can make the farm like a tourist spot for Sinkies too . Only 10K per share lor , who know can grow into big biz in 5 to 10 yrs times ?

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow , you guys damn pro and serious man ! Possible that we buy a plot of cheap agriculture land in JB and start a plantation ? I heard plam oil is good profitable biz leh .
Say we buy a plot of land for 400K + 100K working capital , we invite 50 member here to join the investment , can work or not ? Additional space can plant some durian , mangos for sales to sinkie visiting during weekends ! Can appoint Mallow our expert in agriculture and wuqi for sale and marketing lor ! We can make the farm like a tourist spot for Sinkies too . Only 10K per share lor , who know can grow into big biz in 5 to 10 yrs times ?

hey, count me in! I have been thinking of that for a long time. :biggrin: We can discuss more. I was thinking we should focus on one type of plant only.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey, count me in! I have been thinking of that for a long time. :biggrin: We can discuss more. I was thinking we should focus on one type of plant only.

Why not , 10K is only 4K sing , can really learn a lot on this project ... good for people who like to learn how to start up biz in JB , remember seeing special programme on generation Y farmers on CH8 , look like all are doing well leh !
If we fail it , is a smaller price to pay . But with so many experts , ideas and support from members here , we should have a much better chance of sucess than one were to start up on his own . The only problem I see is how to get 50 people to work to a common goal like one big company where everyone is a small share holders ?
I think palm oil is best right ? Dont need much maintenance and harvest is just sell off to oil factory, neat and sweet .
What happen if the palm trees refuse to bare fruits ? BTW how many years it actually start to fruits ? Mallow might have the answers ...
OK , if we can gather 30 names here , we can kick off the project lor , let see :-
1) Jason
2) Lastresort
3) AP - put for you can or not ?

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not , 10K is only 4K sing , can really learn a lot on this project ... good for people who like to learn how to start up biz in JB , remember seeing special programme on generation Y farmers on CH8 , look like all are doing well leh !
If we fail it , is a small price to pay . But we so many experts , ideas and support from members here , we should have a much better chance of sucess than one were to start up on his own . The only problem I see is how to get 50 people to work to a common goal like one big company where everyone is a small share holders ?
I think palm oil is best right ? Dont need much maintenance and harvest is just sell off to oil factory, neat and sweet .
What happen if the palm trees refuse to bare fruits ? BTW how many years it actually start to fruits ? Mallow might have the answers ...

I like palm trees too.

For palm trees to mature, if I am not wrong, it takes around 5-7 years. and it can grow until around 10-12 years. so it is a very long term investment. If we decide on it, we must really commit long term.

Last edited:

fairies

Alfrescian
Loyal

My siblings and I inherit a 5 acre land from our late father ... now became jungle already after left ignored for many many years ... all of us so busy with our work and family life in s'pore ... even after I move to Ledang Heights end this year, still no plan to work on the land ... no experience lor

So? If really this group you suggesting will really materialize & want to get land .... hehehe ... can consider my land

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
My siblings and I inherit a 5 acre land from our late father ... now became jungle already after left ignored for many many years ... all of us so busy with our work and family life in s'pore ... even after I move to Ledang Heights end this year, still no plan to work on the land ... no experience lor

So? If really this group you suggesting will really materialize & want to get land .... hehehe ... can consider my land

Not a problem to buy over your dad land lar , BTW what is the price psf , 5 acres is how many sq ft hur ?
Also can count you in too , to make the number to 4 ?
Will be best if we have a malaysian friend like you as setting up the SDN BHD will be much easlier lor , right ?

1) Jason
2) Lastresort
4) fairies
hope this list goes on lor ....

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a problem to buy over your dad land lar , BTW what is the price psf , 5 acres is how many sq ft hur ?
Also can count you in too , to make the number to 4 ?
Will be best if we have a malaysian friend like you as setting up the SDN BHD will be much easlier lor , right ?

1) Jason
2) Lastresort
4) fairies
hope this list goes on lor ....

Hi Jason, 1 acre = 43 560 sq feet, so it's about 217800 sq feet. That's about 5 football fields

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi fairies, may I know the location of this plot, and whether it is near any main road. :biggrin: We need to know whether it's near newly developed area, maybe can convert to residential land. Also, we need to know whether there's potential to buy the surrounding land. it will be good to have economies of scale.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jason, 1 acre = 43 560 sq feet, so it's about 217800 sq feet. That's about 6 football fields

Quick search for est prce per acre 180K , so 5 acres abt 900K liao ! Look like we need at least 1M to 1.5M to do a good job leh ....

" FREEHOLD AGRICULTURE LAND FOR SALE. TOTAL AREA: 67.997 ACRE. SELLING: RM180,000 PER ACRE(NEG). ALONG MAIN ROAD FROM JEMENTAH TO SEGAMAT. 2KM AWAY FROM JEMENTAH, 14KM FROM SEGAMAT. LAND PLANTED WITH CINTAN TREES. SUITABLE FOR RESIDENTIAL/COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT. TEL: LAWRENCE- ....

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow thats is huge hur , look like we cant afford leh see , if assume psf $30/= x 200,000 sq ft = 6 mil rm leh
How about lease it from our friend fairies for 30yrs ?

haha, actually no. Agricultural land is only a fraction of residential land. residential land in Seri Austin is selling around 35 psf, LF/HH around $55-65 (gated and guarded residential land) (if i remember correctly)

It depends on the accessibility, location and nature/condition of soil, topography and climate, Agri land can be as cheap as 20 sens psf in East Malaysia, or as high as RM10 psf in certain parts of JB, RM8 psf in Batu Pahat.

Commercial land near KLCC can be as high as RM1,600 per sq ft. http://www.btimes.com.my/articles/waypengf/Article/

So we can see the difference in land pricing!

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha, actually no. Agricultural land is only a fraction of residential land. residential land in Seri Austin is selling around 35 psf, LF/HH around $55-65 (gated and guarded residential land) (if i remember correctly)

It depends on the accessibility, location and nature/condition of soil, topography and climate, Agri land can be as cheap as 20 sens psf in East Malaysia, or as high as RM10 psf in certain parts of JB, RM8 psf in Batu Pahat.

Commercial land near KLCC can be as high as RM1,600 per sq ft. http://www.btimes.com.my/articles/waypengf/Article/

So we can see the difference in land pricing!

I see , think I am fucking sotong lor ! Do you think our plan is feasible and profitable ? We can leave out detail until a later date lar , work on concept first ... and get people interested to come forward for disscussion , then can come out detail biz plan mah ....

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha, don't say that, we're all here to learn, I am also not totally sure if I have said correctly. :biggrin:

okay, i think we need an objective first. I am not an experienced businessman but I know doing this don't require MBA haha! we just need a lot of local knowledge.

To be honest, i have heard from the locals that those who bought land decades ago are able to make a lot of profit, but because land prices have increased by a lot, new entrants may not be able to make much profit and some don't survive, so it is important to know this from the start. Also it is not easy to find a willing buyer for agri land that is far out, so if we decide to exit, it may not be easy. Prices really vary a lot and do not appreciate much, so if we do not find a good suitable land at reasonable price, we can forget about even starting.

If our aim is to maximise profits from agri output, the most ulu but accessible place seems to be the best, however, once you have made up your mind to do it, it's gonna be a long commitment.

If our aim is to buy agri land that is near newly developed area and have potential to convert to residential land. then we can become a small developer and count cash at home (it's a super long process and such land are expensive, so it's risky). There's this small developer who started out like that and not many are able to do it right. But of course there's more restriction for foreigners.

just my opinions haha :smile: Like you say, worst come to worst, it's just a few grands to lose if we can find many who are willing.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same feelings here.

I had tended to my garden.... but mainly pots and ornamental plants (american hybrids) from Sec1 to the completion of my U in my landed home bungalow.

Then when i returned home after a couple of years my parents had given all the plants away for various reasons:
1) no one to take care/nurture them
2) no one to fertilise them/ replant them/repot them
3) no one to clean all the leaves and polish them to make them look shiny...
4) mosquitoes..

now i am off ornamental plants (except my pines)... more into useful plants...

For now i do mine along the corridor, not as extensive as how i wish it to be. I gave up my entire garden and donated to a friend's dad. 2 lorry full of plants. very heardpain but at least once HH is ready, i will go over back to his place and do transplant on the plants bit by bit. eating our own produce gives us full satisfaction. :smile:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can someone do a feasible study and maybe a biz plan so that ppl here can invest in it lor. Imaging 1Kg of Mao Shan durian sell rm22 to sinkies , one haverst can be few tons leh !

Not sure whether to said you are lucky or unlucky....you are not the first msian I know inheritted agri land of about 5 footbal fields. A frenz of mine also own one in East M'sia. I said make it into retirement village , then we can rent his place for months/years when we are ready . Maybe should consider renting the place for planting veg meantime , that would be low risk and send to SG . One of my colleague family is doing that. Tree tends to bear fruits slower. Veg and poultry will be faster. I remember planting seven mango trees and a durain tree when young. The durain bear fruit at year 15 years when we were shifting out. Of course you could use marcotting method , shorter but start up higher.

Anyway you need to organize a site tour first lah. How to make feasibility study without site observation ? What kind of soil also affect what to plant. Water source also need to consider. Site supervision also needed.

Actually I would very much like a rustic farmstay in Johor , not sure if any one already planning to consider that.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok im good

If we fail it , is a smaller price to pay . But with so many experts , ideas and support from members here , we should have a much better chance of sucess than one were to start up on his own . The only problem I see is how to get 50 people to work to a common goal like one big company where everyone is a small share holders ?
OK , if we can gather 30 names here , we can kick off the project lor , let see :-
1) Jason
2) Lastresort

fairies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure whether to said you are lucky or unlucky....you are not the first msian I know inheritted agri land of about 5 footbal fields. A frenz of mine also own one in East M'sia. I said make it into retirement village , then we can rent his place for months/years when we are ready . Maybe should consider renting the place for planting veg meantime , that would be low risk and send to SG . One of my colleague family is doing that. Tree tends to bear fruits slower. Veg and poultry will be faster. I remember planting seven mango trees and a durain tree when young. The durain bear fruit at year 15 years when we were shifting out. Of course you could use marcotting method , shorter but start up higher.

Anyway you need to organize a site tour first lah. How to make feasibility study without site observation ? What kind of soil also affect what to plant. Water source also need to consider. Site supervision also needed.

Actually I would very much like a rustic farmstay in Johor , not sure if any one already planning to consider that.

Wah! Didn't expect my post attract serious responses so fast!

The land is not mine alone, but owned together with all my other siblings .... so actually cannot make decision myself

There's absolutely no plan at all for the land ... neither sell, lease out, farm, develop nor anything ... our family just don't have time to even think or discuss about it. But you guys somehow gave me few ideas that may be interesting to think about

It's 5 acre like I said, specifically mentioned in the title deed to be used solely for planting rubber trees ... few hundred metres from the new bridge at Pasir Gudang crossing to Desaru. Maybe wait few more years until land price in the area rises, then sell off. Just maybe

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey aangsc , mallow and wuqi can count you guys in or not ? Without your expertise things might not goes so well leh !
Lastresort , think you 2nd option is better lah , can farm and hope for land to be converted to residential ....

I think need to setup a SDN BHD with say capital paid up of 1M , all shareholders be issue with share certificate right ? Then can appoint a working committee to go look for land , equiptment , workers ....etc .
All the progress, meeting , reports can be update at a website setup for this purpose. Can alway change or rotate working commitee every year if members not happy with performance . Accoutability is the key too !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.