• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite a lot of investments there:smile::smile:

Cathy.. seems you had some bad exp with insurance companies.. I usually dun like the agents.. so during the initial yrs of my career.. took time to read about the various products in market & to rebalance my insurrance coverage..

In the end, i terminated endowment policies from AIA & prudential, ILP from HSBC..
Bot life, term, H&S, disability income from TM Asia, NTUC, Aviva & GE instead..

Think its impt to read the product T&C & enter the contract with eyes open..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow 4 hours!!!!!:mad:

How in the world did you put up with it?

Thats why i believe CIQ atleast moves like tonight but Tuas if your stuck ur dead

Its becoz at causeway the msian side has traffic police to catch queue cutters and also police to direct cars into the lanes at immigration. I ever got caught in massive jam at 2nd link for almost 4hrs!!! I swear to neva use 2nd link. From traffic cam looks clear but the cam neva cover the jb side wic is where the jam really is! So everybody happily go via 2nd link n paid more to be stuck in d jam. I really pity us who were caught in it.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
LF. =) planning the works but not shifted in yet.
there's a lot of nice hangouts in an around the area. including a very majestic Peking lou.
Never went in try I hear its expensive.

There is a Peking Lou at Sutera Mall, not sure if it is the same boss. Very grand looking and can host wedding dinners.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehe cannot don't buy that item leh becos both times the promo item was the only thing i bought at Tesco (although i bought like 6 packs, btw it is Dettol handsoap in case anyone interested to look out and buy next time), if i know need to wait so long i would have bought 10 packs...btw waited patiently hor, never made noise type :biggrin: This reminds me i ever see someone buying a full trolley of instant noodles at Tesco...they do have good promo price for some items sometimes...

Oic :smile: Yes, I have seen similar purchases of good promo. A lady bought 4 big bags of XXL prawns on promo, definitely not for own consumption. It happens at Carrefour too, 10 trays of Eggs on promo.

Tesco has bulk purchase stores called Tesco Extra (more for small businesses to buy in bulk), but they are not in Johor.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow 4 hours!!!!!:mad:

How in the world did you put up with it?

Thats why i believe CIQ atleast moves like tonight but Tuas if your stuck ur dead

AP well there was no turning back even if i wanna u turn i couldnt. Try to imagine not movng for 10mins at time and when move its only about the length of 1 or 2 cars only. Spoilt our plans and mood! At worst at causeway its 1hr n cheaper not to mention nearer as I reside in the north. Traffic cam at causeway more reliable.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy.. seems you had some bad exp with insurance companies.. I usually dun like the agents.. so during the initial yrs of my career.. took time to read about the various products in market & to rebalance my insurrance coverage..

In the end, i terminated endowment policies from AIA & prudential, ILP from HSBC..
Bot life, term, H&S, disability income from TM Asia, NTUC, Aviva & GE instead..

Think its impt to read the product T&C & enter the contract with eyes open..

Wow! Avalon, you have so many policies from so my insurance co.

My hubby is not a believer of insurance and so I bought policies early in my life to cover for myself. Since he was young then he did not need so much insurance. He also find it a waste of money. I hope that the cash value from the policies I bought for myself back then can more or less cover him in times of need. I also coaxed him into taking up education policies for the children's too.

Earlier this year, my hubby had an accident with a motorcylist. He wasn't at fault but the insurer just compensated S$70k to the motorist without informing my hubby about it. The motorcyclist was injured very badly and had engaged a lawyer to claim from insurance. I guess the insurance company didn't want any hassle in dealing with such cases. They stopped covering for his van completely. We had been with this company for more then 10 years. Then when we went around hunting for a policies from another insurance provider, 1 of them quoted S$7k plus per year. !!!!???!!! We had to register another new company to transfer this van to the new company inordered to get it insured again.

So you see? Insurance company lend you an umbrella on a sunny day and takes it back when it starts to rain. Money in another's pocket is as good as gone!

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Way to go Cathy. Cheers. Your kids would surely love you.

My kids

Sunday Universal Studios

Monday Kung Fu Panda + 4 hours Chinese tuition

Tuesday 4 hours chinese tuition + play at ST

Wednesday Play at ST + 4 hours chinese tuition (2 x 2) + go airport to pick up my mum

Thursday dunno yet ....

Professor, wow! 4 hrs of tuition is no joke. Can concentrate meh? my boy having remedial lessons in school. Afterwards I'll bring them out to run some errants, as well as to the library. Will let them roller blade in ST on Sunday.

Your kids going for 'Kungfu Panda' show? Me also planning to bring them on Saturday. Which cinema will you be bringing them to? Btw, do you go to cinemas in Johor? Is it safe? Good? I wonder how much is the cinema ticket over there!

Thanks in advance for your advice.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oic :smile: Yes, I have seen similar purchases of good promo. A lady bought 4 big bags of XXL prawns on promo, definitely not for own consumption. It happens at Carrefour too, 10 trays of Eggs on promo.

Tesco has bulk purchase stores called Tesco Extra (more for small businesses to buy in bulk), but they are not in Johor.

There is a Tesco Extra in Johor - at Plentong to be exact, across the Giant hypermart off Pasir Gudang Highway. :smile:

As to the horrendous jams at 2nd link compared to Causeway - the manpower of Imm/Customs/Polis are concentrated at Causeway, the main entry/exit point and the causeway is only 1.5km long.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think P1 is still too young to take the routine. The kid has to be able to follow instructions. Go to bed on her own and get up in the morning without struggling. My youngest is P3 now. Adjusting very well. I wouldn't if she was still P1.

I don't believe in letting children have too many activities. Its kills them of independant thinking and in the end kills their creativity. Except maybe swimming to toughen them physically. They have finished their gold test long ago. There is simply not enough time for everything. So I don't let my children have enrichments lesson when they were much younger. I bring them for kite flying, barbeques, roller blading and now trying to do gardening with them. Am starting to teach my girl to play the chinese flute just to give her something to do during the holiday. Let them enjoy lah.

sis... I want to go that direction like you also... unfortunately... objection overruled by OC... haha
So I bring kids out on Saturday and Sunday and let them play all they want... but weekdays are kinda tiring for them... so I let them sleep as much as they want also..

Slowly lah.. slowly adjust OC's mindset to less KS.. :-P

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow you have planned lots of activities for your child.

I like what you said. My child should do what i did when i was young.

I am blessed with good neighbours in Spore.

Yet i could not help but amuse myself when my neighbours saw my kids walking barefoot in a short distance of about 20sq ft.

They asked my kids why were they walking barefoot.

I never found anything wrong with it.

Infact at ST around my precint its pretty clean. I walk bare foot in my garden and at times barefoot outside while watering the plants....

Whats wrong with the occasional prick? You are not going to die anyway... A bit of blood... Wash with water and apply isopropyl alcohol and it should be fine...

exactly! I guess you grew up in kampung also eh???
city dwellers have no idea what fun that can be..

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone who has my childs interests at heart asked me "What does your child do to relax?"

Watch TV?

I said no. Then she asked what else? PSP, gameboy, xbox, nintendo etc?

I again replied no.

she was shocked.

I then said i want my kids to grow up doing what i did.

And i really admire what you said here below.

There are people who think like me in this world. Arent there?

great minds think alike??? :-)

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i like the fresh vegs at the Jusco organic section, used to be much cheaper than Cold storage but in the recent months their prices have increased by alot like 30% or more and so now not as cheap as before (still cheaper though)...as for fresh fruits, i find the fruits in Singapore cheaper and nicer like apples at NTUC are much cheaper and better...

gin, for local products, like water melon, banana, cabbage, etc, its much fresher in Malaysia... imported fruits like grapes, apples, I think Singapore cheaper too...

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a Peking Lou at Sutera Mall, not sure if it is the same boss. Very grand looking and can host wedding dinners.

Oh yes.. the Bei Jing Lou serves very delicious chinese cusine. I've been there a couple of times in fact my family & relatives loves it there. I make it a point to bring friends to enjoy some china if they come to visit me (when my family shift in to HH). About cathay resturant in HH, i heard that it's not bad too but ve not try out yet... seems like also a hot spot for wedding dinners...

Cheers...

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
My hubby is not a believer of insurance and so I bought policies early in my life to cover for myself. Since he was young then he did not need so much insurance. He also find it a waste of money. I hope that the cash value from the policies I bought for myself back then can more or less cover him in times of need. I also coaxed him into taking up education policies for the children's too.

I do not believe in education policy. The return is not fantastic, and almost never enough to cover the expense when the time comes.
What I did was to buy a life policy which gives better returns, and at the same time cover them until 21, where I can take out the money for studies, or they can continue to pay on their own.

of course, in the mean time, I will still need to invest and save up for their studies coz even the policy will likely not be enough to cover the expenses by the time they grow up.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not believe in education policy. The return is not fantastic, and almost never enough to cover the expense when the time comes.
What I did was to buy a life policy which gives better returns, and at the same time cover them until 21, where I can take out the money for studies, or they can continue to pay on their own.

of course, in the mean time, I will still need to invest and save up for their studies coz even the policy will likely not be enough to cover the expenses by the time they grow up.

The policy was bought with then John Hancock. It covers me, my hubby and my son all in 1 policy. I thought that since my hubby was adverse to insurance, buying such a policy would at least covers him in the process.

Last edited:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
great minds think alike??? :-)

I think many of us here are of kampong generation where relaxation is about catching longkang fish, climbing fruit trees, playing police and thief and the thrill of breaking your opponent's marble etc.

Today's kids find relaxation in music, computer gadgets, almost anything that need to pay. Their thrill is about showing off the latest gadgets that they own or winning their opponent in electronic games.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think many of us here are of kampong generation where relaxation is about catching longkang fish, climbing fruit trees, playing police and thief and the thrill of breaking your opponent's marble etc.

Today's kids find relaxation in music, computer gadgets, almost anything that need to pay. Their thrill is about showing off the latest gadgets that they own or winning their opponent in electronic games.

And also where their parents bring them for holidays, how much pocket money they receive daily, how good they are in beating their friends computer games scores.....All very materialistic...

Thats why the need to pull them out of this materialistic world, at least they learn to appreciate simple things in life....

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The policy was bought with then John Hancock. It covers me, my hubby and my son all in 1 policy. I thought that since my hubby was adverse to insurance, buying such a policy would at least covers him in the process.

Wah, cover all 3... Must be very expensive.... But for this case, I think it's a good move...

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Alamak... Bring back so much memory now...

I... Need... To... Change... My... Children's... Mindset...

Status
Not open for further replies.