• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Its nice to own a landed property. I can never afford 1 in sillypore. Taking security into consideration, and having gated around the estate. Wouldnt 1 feel as though they are in a cell...with high walls surrounding the "estate"?:confused:

Its no different really than living in a condo in SG except that you get lots more space and my mom can even practice her very rusty driving (she has license but hasn't driven in 5-6 years) in the privacy of our area.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
No high walls actually, well depends on where you live, we are living on high ground as well as having fences so its pretty airy.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
living in JB has trade offs....but you can have kampung seafood which is just 33 sgd great value and food

Oh yes, nothing is perfect in this world, just be mindful, be humble and don't go out too late at night(actually we do go to Tesco as its open until 1.30am in the morning on Friday and Saturday) and you should be fine.

My mum actually bought a big(at least 20 cm across) mudcrab for 10 ringgit and a family of 4 ate at the seafood restaurants on stilts (ala kelong style) in orang asli area at Perling, cost? 28 SGD all in. :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
bros, what is the amount we can loan from M'sia banks and the length of the loan?

You can loan up to 70 to 85% depending on how much you earn as well as how old (or young) you are. Can loan 30 years depending on the bank of course. Do know that rates are going up though.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Whoami, hope you get in before the July date man. Cheers

Bro, even before the July date line, most of the current corner terr touching 500K liao. Furthermore most come with big big space with 4-5 rms, no balcony (understand Msian dont like it) and limited Corner unit (most msian dont like it too cos of budget constrant). Been to Adda Height (beautiful design), Sri Austin. For that kind of price is as good as SemiD. Real tight budget for me, man. Depending on the loan drawdown, for a 10yrs loan, mthly instalment may come to @ S$2000+ a mth. :o:(

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if this question has been posed.

Any currency exchange control (when it's time to repatriate your funds back to Sg) and capital gains tax ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, heard the news from a couple of friends here and in SG that Setia Tropika is worth a look and went down today. They actually came to SG and before that, a couple of friends told me they bought properties there as well.

Going to be there again tomorrow, seems quite ok actually with lots of amenities and an integrated township right at the doorsteps. May be worth a second look, the area is quite big.

Only need about 7500 ringgit to get started on the smallest terrace there. Going to verify this tomorrow. Bro Whoami, you might want to head out there and have a look for yourself.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Not sure if this question has been posed.

Any currency exchange control (when it's time to repatriate your funds back to Sg) and capital gains tax ?

None that i am aware of currently, just need to notify the authorities when moving large amounts. Also if you are MM2H, you have even less to worry about.

Capital gains from shares, etc? Nothing that i am aware of from property unless you sell within the timeframe after buying.

dragos

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, heard the news from a couple of friends here and in SG that Setia Tropika is worth a look and went down today. They actually came to SG and before that, a couple of friends told me they bought properties there as well.

Going to be there again tomorrow, seems quite ok actually with lots of amenities and an integrated township right at the doorsteps. May be worth a second look, the area is quite big.

Only need about 7500 ringgit to get started on the smallest terrace there. Going to verify this tomorrow. Bro Whoami, you might want to head out there and have a look for yourself.
pl update us on this one... thanks!!!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
pl update us on this one... thanks!!!

Hi Dragos,

Just came back, pretty nice, i would give this one a go. Integrated facilities and shops with KFC, etc and major policestation. Near major highways and pretty nice environment.

There is just one drawback as there are a couple of small roads to go through if you come from one direction but most of the way in are through highway and pretty nice. I did a recce and drove around at night there yesterday and this morning. Found both times the area to be ok.

Houses are ok there with the workmanship looking ok and the discounts are good! You either pay $7500 for a small terrace or about $12,000 rinngit for a larger one and thats all you need to pay. The only catch is the houses are still being built and will only be ready in 2012 though.

Should be ok as this is under Setia, worth taking a 2nd look. Bro whoami, this one is really not bad.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just to add on, the $7500 and $12k respectively are in RM and are the actual amount of money you need to pay upfront, the rest will be from the bank and stamp duty etc are covered by developer.

dragos

Alfrescian
Loyal
$7500 is abt $3300 sing....quite tempting...bro, where is their sales office? Might drive in to see see look look...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok so i found out more today from a kind gent with the developer, the government will put in a levy as we are foreigners. :(

All pricing in RM. Address here: http://www.spsetia.com.my/setia_tropika/contact_us.htm

So the catch here is that depending on how expensive your place is, you may have to pay the levy, for the cheapest one, it means 7580 + 11000 = 18580

This is for their launch, phase 5-6:

Cheapest = $320k after discount
Mid = $426, 390k after discount and they cover interest during the build
Mid-high = $500k, no discount
Bungalow = $1.7 million (impressive, has electric fences plus internal full wired CCTV)

For those keen, you can contact anyone there or for the gent that i was very happy with, you can speak to Mr Eddy Lim.

dragos

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok so i found out more today from a kind gent with the developer, the government will put in a levy as we are foreigners. :(

All pricing in RM. Address here: http://www.spsetia.com.my/setia_tropika/contact_us.htm

So the catch here is that depending on how expensive your place is, you may have to pay the levy, for the cheapest one, it means 7580 + 11000 = 18580

This is for their launch, phase 5-6:

Cheapest = $320k after discount
Mid = $426, 390k after discount and they cover interest during the build
Mid-high = $500k, no discount
Bungalow = $1.7 million (impressive, has electric fences plus internal full wired CCTV)

For those keen, you can contact anyone there or for the gent that i was very happy with, you can speak to Mr Eddy Lim.
xiong...levy of $11k...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh yes, the levy is there to curb speculation, etc. You won't need to go through this if you have MM2H though but its about 4k SGD so may put folks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.