• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only the stamp duty and levy. Rest are neglible. Utilities at like 100 Ringgit a month, management fees free for the next 2 years. Petrol still at very reasonable rates. Right about the keeping cash at home thing, secure it adequately and you can put in nicer stuff. Else just use cheap furniture. One can get a set of cheap sofa for 300 ringgit there and equip a good sized place for cheap.

Any idea what the property tax is per year on properties in JB/Malaysia :confused:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>Remember, you can still get fleeced, robbed or raped in Singapore. Low crime doesn't mean no crime. Lack of reporting doesn't mean things don't go "bump" at night here.<<<

No prize for guessing it right who the most vicious robber and rapist is!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Fellow countrymen, i am fed up with the system and uprooting my family to JB. My friends are doing the same

This is my plan:

Get a couple of higher end properties for around 200k, example near to golf course, etc. Get properties with at least 3 layers of security. Secure your place with additional CCTV cameras etc. Live there and continue working in SG. Take morning express bus to Jurong East and take MRT or park your car there beforehand so you can continue from Jurong East by car:
http://www.handalindah.com.my/latest.php

Places like Mont Calista, Horizon hills and others are just good examples. Especially Horizon Hills as its a very integrated place. A Chinese primary school, international school, shops are all there inside the secured compound.

It also has a full 18 hole golf course and my parents and siblings were amazed.
It really took us a total of 15 minutes to the place and its very nice and close to all amenities. I am taking my keys to my 2nd unit there and i must say, its really nice with a nice resort feel. The golf course and olympic sized pool helps too.

Mont Calista is great too, lots of space and very big.

Glad u did it. My plan is a little different. That is to stay around DT JB, and than take the bus into Woodlands from JB and than Woodlands MRT to DT. I figure all in, the commute is about 1-1.5 hrs. I just prefer the amenities around JB. I have been there countless number of times, never been hassled by the police, or been robbed. My S'pore friend lives in JB. No problems with robbery either. We both drive Jap cars. He has Malaysian plates on his. I think if any robbers are interested, they will target those benzes and BMWs from rich Malaysians or S'poreans. If you go there and drive flashy and wear flashy, than a robber would certainly target u over someone who looks more ordinary. The fact is the Shit Times and the S'pore media are always playing up the cirme rate in JB, but I find it no different than that of any big city like LA, NYC, or Paris.

The cost savings there is huge. From getting a maid, to food, to seeing Drs. etc. everything is like half price or better. And of course, u get a nice terrace or semi-D freehold house for less than S$250K, in some cases less than S$100K. Now with the age of computers, u can work from your home, and only commute to the office 2 or 3 days a week. U can set up a fax line, printers, etc. and make yourself a nice home office in your semi-D in JB and do your projects from there. When u email, or talk to clients on the phone, they don't even know u are in JB. U can buy a cheap 2nd hand car, and drive anywhere in Malaysia on the weekends. Even during the commute, u can contact clients or the office via sms, or voice and be more productive.

As for the corruption part, there is actually more corruption in S'pore. And on a far larger scale than in Malaysia. Its mostly at the higher level. eg politicians paying themselves millions of dollars, Lee and Lee law firm owned by Kuan Yew and wife is the sole conveyancer for HDB flats for decades until recently, etc. I rather pay kopi money directly to a malaysian policeman or whoever. That way, I get to see my money at work, and I know right away what I am getting for it. I love to drive fast. I hardly ever drive at the speed limit. Ok, so if I am pulled over in S'pore its a fine, and points deduction. I get pulled over in Johore, its a fine (usually smaller than the price of a ticket) and no points deduction. Good for me.

I am surprised more Sinkies are not moving to JB.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
U stupid PAP cocksucker, if FTs from other countries can come here and fill up their rice bowl, why cant he? After all, he served NS, paid his taxes for years, did reservist, etc.

What kind of fantasy are u talking about? Car forced into oil palm plantation on his way home? U fucking retard, how many times does that happen? Did it happen to u? Are u talking from experience? Did u like it when they raped your asshole in the backseat?

Thanks, you are right sir. Just because we hear of this and that doesn't mean it will happen to anybody. If we want to talk facts, lets talks statistics, how many do we know of plantation attacks happening to people daily? How much kopi money? Daily? I only take the 2nd link and nothing else so not much plantations to speak of.

If they want to force me into the plantation, we may not know who is going to do the robbing... I have been to countries where i had to smash my camera into a would be robbers face and where guns were aplenty, JB is nothing.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Glad u did it. My plan is a little different. That is to stay around DT JB, and than take the bus into Woodlands from JB and than Woodlands MRT to DT. I figure all in, the commute is about 1-1.5 hrs. I just prefer the amenities around JB. I have been there countless number of times, never been hassled by the police, or been robbed. My S'pore friend lives in JB. No problems with robbery either. We both drive Jap cars. He has Malaysian plates on his. I think if any robbers are interested, they will target those benzes and BMWs from rich Malaysians or S'poreans. If you go there and drive flashy and wear flashy, than a robber would certainly target u over someone who looks more ordinary. The fact is the Shit Times and the S'pore media are always playing up the cirme rate in JB, but I find it no different than that of any big city like LA, NYC, or Paris.

The cost savings there is huge. From getting a maid, to food, to seeing Drs. etc. everything is like half price or better. And of course, u get a nice terrace or semi-D freehold house for less than S$250K, in some cases less than S$100K. Now with the age of computers, u can work from your home, and only commute to the office 2 or 3 days a week. U can set up a fax line, printers, etc. and make yourself a nice home office in your semi-D in JB and do your projects from there. When u email, or talk to clients on the phone, they don't even know u are in JB. U can buy a cheap 2nd hand car, and drive anywhere in Malaysia on the weekends. Even during the commute, u can contact clients or the office via sms, or voice and be more productive.

As for the corruption part, there is actually more corruption in S'pore. And on a far larger scale than in Malaysia. Its mostly at the higher level. eg politicians paying themselves millions of dollars, Lee and Lee law firm owned by Kuan Yew and wife is the sole conveyancer for HDB flats for decades until recently, etc. I rather pay kopi money directly to a malaysian policeman or whoever. That way, I get to see my money at work, and I know right away what I am getting for it. I love to drive fast. I hardly ever drive at the speed limit. Ok, so if I am pulled over in S'pore its a fine, and points deduction. I get pulled over in Johore, its a fine (usually smaller than the price of a ticket) and no points deduction. Good for me.

I am surprised more Sinkies are not moving to JB.

You got it, very very smart. I am doing it via the 2nd link as there is a bus direct from Bukit Indah to Jurong East. So if i have to go in, i will take the bus.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That is the whole time i am implying, only those unsinkified ones can see the true picture. Good luck to you and really really happy for you. You chose the correct path to unsinkified yourself and give yourself and your family a true future.

The govt, instead of understand and concern what is wrong, they bite back and say that they are right. WAHAHAHH!! if they are right, why people are leaving. That is one of the sinkie traits, they always think they are right.

Good people advises me to stay away from people who think that they are always right.

Last edited by a moderator:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I choose Thailand over Malaysia. The beheading tribes are way down in the south :biggrin:

Buddhists are way more tolerant than the other religion types. And there's a good blend of Chinese in BKK.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go here:
http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSKLR31275120070322

Nothing on property taxes, capital gains, etc

Malaysia boleh :eek: They are learning fast :smile:

Malaysia scraps property tax in investment drive
Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:20am EDT

By Mark Bendeich

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Malaysia moved on Thursday to scrap capital-gains tax on property and said it would boost share trading in an effort to stimulate local and foreign investment.

The initiatives helped boost the stock market which, along with the local currency, was already riding higher on signs that the country favored a slowly appreciating ringgit.

Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi told an annual investor conference the government would scrap the 30 percent capital gains tax on property and also announced additional tax breaks for investors in a new southern development zone.

"This is long-awaited news for developers and investors alike and I hope that it will inject more excitement and dynamism into both the property and the financial sectors," he said.

Property values in the capital, Kuala Lumpur, fetch about a third of the values in cities like Hong Kong and Singapore, but regional property fund manager Peter Churchouse said abolition of the tax was unlikely to cause much excitement among foreigners.

Foreign investors still face heavy legal restrictions on land ownership in Malaysia, said Churchouse, who manages the $110 million Lim Asia Property Fund in Hong Kong.

"At the margin it's positive, but foreigners have problems investing in Malaysia anyway," he said.

Malaysia's property index jumped 2.2 percent after the premier's statement, beating a 1.3 percent gain in the wider market and led by AMDB and Land and General.

The construction index leapt 2.6 percent, though it also received a boost from a separate announcement that the government would give investors in Malaysia's Iskandar development zone, in southern Johor state, a 10-year tax holiday.

Iskandar, about three times the size of neighboring Singapore, is the site of Malaysia's ambitions to build a new Asian boom town. It plans to harness $105 billion in mostly private funds to transform the drab area over the next 20 years.

TONIC FOR THE STOCK MARKET

Abdullah said the 10-year corporate tax holidays would apply inside the zone to healthcare, tourism, creative, financial services, logistics and education.

Investors in Iskandar would also enjoy freedom to raise capital globally and hire foreign workers, the premier said.

State investment agency Khazanah added that the corporate-tax holiday would be extended to three additional sectors but it did not name them. Islamic finance and technology would enjoy incentives specific to them, but it did not give details.

Shares in state-invested developer UEM World, which owns a huge swathe of land in Iskandar, jumped 5.5 percent. Construction unit UEM Builders climbed 7 percent.

In further measures designed to boost the share market, the prime minister said state investment agencies would sell some of their share portfolios into exchange-traded equity funds.

The move would see the creation of exchange-traded equity funds (ETFs) collectively worth up to 3.5 billion ringgit ($1.01 billion) by the end of this year, Abdullah said.

Shares in stock exchange operator Bursa Malaysia jumped 3.7 percent.

Thin liquidity is a major barrier for foreign investment in the $270 billion stock market, which is dominated by state-linked firms that rarely figure among its most-traded stocks.

The government has said it is not yet ready to sell down its holdings in these companies. But Abdullah said that when the time came, the government would do so via private placements and instruments such as convertible equity bonds to soften the blow for the market from such an overhang of selling.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>Remember, you can still get fleeced, robbed or raped in Singapore. Low crime doesn't mean no crime. Lack of reporting doesn't mean things don't go "bump" at night here.<<<

No prize for guessing it right who the most vicious robber and rapist is!

In Spore you can be robbed blind & since it is leegalised the police will not get involved. :rolleyes:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
You are right, i may get a small apartment or a landed place there. Problem with Thailand is must check for "chanote" and 90 years later land is not ours. Well, unless my sons marries a Thai lady or something. I am very happy for you. Must start to expand more out of here asap.

Thanks for all the encouragement and PMs, i look forward to seeing some of the bros here who have already started even before me. Be seeing you, neighbour!! :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
That is the whole time i am implying, only those unsinkified ones can see the true picture. Good luck to you and really really happy for you. You chose the correct path to unsinkified yourself and give yourself and your family a true future.

The govt, instead of understand and concern what is wrong, they bite back and say that they are right. WAHAHAHH!! if they are right, why people are leaving. That is one of the sinkie traits, they always think they are right.

Good people advises me to stay away from people who think that they are always right.

Thanks Tony, i just went there and the Jusco was really big, i felt safe too. Prices is a bit high compared to the rest of Malaysia but hey its still cheaper than SG so no complaints. Food is good too and we had our fill of A&W which we missed for a long time.

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
What we sickaporeans should really do ... this is right!

I have oredi planning to get a landed property in Klang, Malaysia. I have yet to buy and shit pigeon hole at this moment, because i am intending to burn my citizenship. I would like to hear some comments like is it worthwhile for me to get a shithole here and then wait for the price to go up? (not sure, if down, i have to wait some more), then i sell off the shithole together i will burn off my citizenship and move to Malaysia. To get a PR malaysia heard is not easy, although i have 2 pcs of lands in JB, but not under my name for at this moment because not wanting to be taxed and am seeking my auditor friend's help on PR matter.

Everywhere we go must be alert, not only in stinkapore. Keep ur profile down, and live like a very normal person, merge into them and will be always welcome by them.

Just like what someone has said, pass thru the sickapore custom, feeling oredi become so different. I share the same too.

Sickapore is no more like a singapore 20yrs ago. Many things had changed, and the worst is our government is worst than a beast making our life tougher and tougher. I wish to curse them although is bad for me, but for all sickaporeans, i dun mind cursing them forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so 2nd link is a bit different from the normal part of JB.
Between me and my siblings and friends, we have been there
about 30 times these 2 months and didn't encounter kopi money.

3 layers of security means there are basically 3 groups of security guards stationed at different points with 3 different barriers. Of course, security alarms plus own cctv is still a must. It just makes its a little more safer especially when there are different groups of security guards who MUST all collude in order to rob/steal from you. Add to that, the places i found, is integrated with everything.

The average $$$ a person needs to start this plan may be as low as 20k SGD to pay the downpayment. Financing is pretty low given todays low interest rates and you only pay less than 1k SGD a month to finance a large freehold place. My plan is that even if i don't live there, i will rent it out. 10 years, 20 years even 50 years from now(according to some people) i will still have the land although the culture and the people may have vastly changed by then. Look long term.

To answer some of the private queries, I financed it with the banks, 85-90%(90 is pretty hard but achievable) Added to that, the properties are very low priced because all of us (Singaporeans) have this perception:

1. Dangerous
2. Corrupted
3. Dangerous and corrupted

If you avoid the dangerous areas and just don't be flashy as well as keep to yourself. I know of robberies and beheading happening even in Jurong area recently. Does that mean we all stay away from Jurong or does that imply the whole of Singapore is dangerous?

Just take the necessary precaution, be humble and you should be fine.
The prices are still low now because most Singaporeans are too timid to venture out, once enough people do so, they will pick up courage and move.

Young people should start making plans, don't have to be JB. It can be any city and in any country. Just make sure you lay your plans now, as i read comments from other websites, i remember this:

"Even your parents/siblings may dissuade you from leaving as they may have their own plans and agenda. Do what is right for you, especially if you have kids!"

In this case, i am lucky that my spouse my parents and siblings have given their "buy in" after looking at the place. We intend to rent a jb registered car and to slowly get into their 2nd home plan which allows us to buy jb cars.

Koreans/Japanese/South Africans/US/UK/Italians have all bought properties there. We are the closest to that area yet we invest the least there. Well, i am taking the plunge, always there is a need for someone to lead or die trying.

Maybe i will die trying but at least i have led my life and followed my dreams. Its much better than complaining and dying a slow death compared to most people here.

Consider this, if you must die tomorrow, have you truly lived today?
(original quote)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
What we sickaporeans should really do ... this is right!

I have oredi planning to get a landed property in Klang, Malaysia. I have yet to buy and shit pigeon hole at this moment, because i am intending to burn my citizenship. I would like to hear some comments like is it worthwhile for me to get a shithole here and then wait for the price to go up? (not sure, if down, i have to wait some more), then i sell off the shithole together i will burn off my citizenship and move to Malaysia. To get a PR malaysia heard is not easy, although i have 2 pcs of lands in JB, but not under my name for at this moment because not wanting to be taxed and am seeking my auditor friend's help on PR matter.

Everywhere we go must be alert, not only in stinkapore. Keep ur profile down, and live like a very normal person, merge into them and will be always welcome by them.

Just like what someone has said, pass thru the sickapore custom, feeling oredi become so different. I share the same too.

Sickapore is no more like a singapore 20yrs ago. Many things had changed, and the worst is our government is worst than a beast making our life tougher and tougher. I wish to curse them although is bad for me, but for all sickaporeans, i dun mind cursing them forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't wait, the time is now while:

1. Rental is low (you can rent short term as you familiarize yourself)
2. Interest rates are very low
3. Banks are very keen to do your business as most properties in Malaysia are freehold.
4. Property tax and capital tax is waived for the Iskandar area, etc(at least for now)
5. Some places, if you buy an expensive enough place, they also cover your stamp duties, levy and give you a golf club membership. :biggrin:
6. Housing is still relatively cheap and affordable there now.
7. Lower risk as compared to the bubble in Singapore.
8. While waiting for the completion of Legoland, hospitals, major government agencies will boost the area.
9. Waiting for completion of their new coastal highway linking both 1st and 2nd link, again this will boost prices.
10. Most Singaporeans still don't dare to vote with their feet.

By the way, the agent and the property guys i spoke with all own properties in the areas i am buying.

You don't need to be a PR there to enjoy it, at most come back to SG once a month even if you don't want to join their 2nd home plan. This is as we are allowed to stay there for up to a month.

Why wait and regret later?

You can just rent a place and try like some bros here said. Or buy a place, start small.
The minimum amount to start could be as low as 12-20k SGD for a terrace house(FREEHOLD) and monthly payment less than 1000 SGD. Its not unaffordable at all. I am encouraging my sister to get it as well as i feel its worth it.

We Singaporeans can spend 100-200k SGD for a car that lasts for 10 years basically but have to think and think about a house that is freehold.

I do not dare to say we will definitely succeed and that i am totally right as this are just my own views and i have always been a risk taker but i feel this time its a calculated risk which i am prepared to take. I am very gratified that so far i can confirm having 3 forummers here who have already taken the steps and 2 are already way ahead of me.

Thanks for your PMs, neighbours! :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
You also don't need to sell off your property in SG first, take a look around first, see if its something suitable for you. I plan to eventually rent out both SG and MY properties whilst living in 1 so i have multiple sources of income. This will make it easier for me to retire when i wish to at age 40. As some of my very smart FT friends(UK/US/Swedish/German) observed, SG is a good place to work but not to live!

I would probably need to work until age 80 if i continue living here in SG.

My view of a typical guy in the private sector:
Work hard all your life, become Senior Management/Executive at 40?
Be happy briefly from age 40-50 but cannot change jobs anymore.
Retrenched at 50-55 because of discrimination against older workers
Finding a job, 55? No comparable job, gives up, how to make ends meet?
Become Taxi driver/Security at 55?
MacDonalds cleaner at 65?
Death at 80 while probably still working at the workplace?
Slumped over some dirty tables or counters?

NOT FOR ME.

Last edited:

inhaler

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bro wuqi , can ask how much the price of the house in horizon hill tat u bought ? and finance thru my bank or local sg bank ? If the price is 200k , so i can just pay 20k down and rest thru finance ? If finance by my bank , wat is the income requirement by them ?

Am thinking of getting a property at horizon hill , sick of this place , every thing so damn expensive ,

thank you

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi bro Inhaler,

Ok, in this example, i will share about Horizon Hills since you asked.
I bought at 800k for a semi-d, another semi-d costs 780k. Another 2 cluster houses, each at around 450k. I financed with 2 different banks. One gives me 87 percent and another 90 percent financing.

Average Terrace pricing - 300-350k at resale price(must buy resale as all sold out) Note: New Terrace at The Golf starts at 350k
Cluster(looks damn like semi-D from the front and side) - 486-520k
Semi-Ds - 720-850k (From this point on, comes with FREE 50 year golf membership. This free offer is limited for a short time only)
Bungalows - Never asked but definitely above 1 million.

Ok, so the scenario is pretty easy. Say you buy a 2 storey terrace(4+1 room/3 bathrooms) there at 300k ringgit place right? All prices mentioned below are in ringgit.

You get a loan percentage of 90%(assuming bank gives the nod)
You can definitely get a 80% loan,most can get 85% easily and some get 90%

No matter the loaned amount or percentage of loan, you only need to pay like 5k(via agent) or 10k(developer) as the deposit.
Next step is 2 weeks upon loan approval, pay the 10% which in this case is 30k ringgit (divided by 2.4, its 12,500 SGD only)
If you could only get 80-85% loan, then its first 10% in 2-3 weeks followed by another 5-10% after 2-3 months.

Depending on the arrangement, 1-3 months then take place after which you are free to do renovation and move in.

Things i would like to mention through the results of my own research:
1. Houses there are of pretty high quality as compared to most places(with the exception of Mont Calista, then they are on par in terms of quality), no issues with water pipes, etc

2. Autogate wiring and cabling are done

3. Defects are covered up to 1-2 years depending whether you are buying resale, etc

4. Houses there are usually 2 storey or max at 2.5 storey.

5. Very very large place and its located near enough to a major highway to be convenient and safe yet far enough never to hear the noises from the traffic.

6. Security wise, very safe as the place has the main gate security followed by individual security at each precint. Also each precint will be regularly patrolled in intervals by a security guard on a motorcycle.

7. Terrain, sheer size of the place and multiple layers of fencing makes it really hard for anyone thinking of doing something funny.

8. Some of the houses i have seen have cameras/alarms while alot of them don't enhance their security. Some of them even open their doors and left their gates open, it basically depends on how comfortable you feel with security.

9. They have multiple recreational areas and parks, olympic sized pools - All housed in the same secured facility.

10.They have a very very good chef in the terrace and pool cafes located at the Heart. They have a wide variety of food from char kway teow to steak and opened until 9pm. There is a bar as well.

11.The restrooms at the clubhouse need to be seen to be believed, its huge with large chairs and comfy sofas.

12.There will be some shops within the safety of the compound but these will be kept to a minimum to ensure security.

13. International school and a chinese school will be up there soon.

14. The 18 hole golf course, the conference/seminar/theatre and restaurants!!!! Nuff said. Well ok, they have 2 tennis courts too.

15. Most of the housing options there has at least 4 rooms with the slightly bigger ones coming with another maid room.

16. Most options comes with dry and wet kitchen

17. Fire rated doors

18. Pre-wired for aircon, electrical outlets

19. Very large space to run/jog/cycle in, internal parks have kids facilities, etc
You don't have to leave the compound at all if you don't want to.

20. Location location location - Very very very near to Jusco and major shopping areas as well as small shops like coffeeshops, hair salon, car repair shops. 2 minutes away by car.

21. Safety from Tuas to location, 15 minutes away, follow 307C and out into 308. No small roads and plantations and its a speedy highway anyway.

22. Banks here also do not give you crap by pulling out at the last minute after giving the initial approval unlike certain banks in SG.

Lets talk about some indication of living expenses:
a. Live in Maid - 400 ringgit (yes you heard that right)
b. Utilities - 100 ringgit
c. Sofa set - 300 ringgit
d. Gas needs to bought in the gas tanks however very easy to call up and replaceable. Most importantly, its DIRT CHEAP (forgot the price at this time of the night but know its really cheap.
e. Petrol - nuff said

There are others but i hope that my posts give bros here an indication of what to expect.

Come to think of it, i have been seeing lots of SG cars going to the Horizon Hills and Mont Calista the past few days. Mont Calista is pretty good too although its more within a matured housing area. Its size and space is huge and Its like 2 mins away from Giant.

All the best and hope to see more neighbours soon!! :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Income requirement varies from bank to bank but they normally want you to be able to support your monthly loan at a ratio of 1/3. That means your monthly repayment should not exceed a third of your total income.

inhaler

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks bro for the quick and detail reply , another question is i have to engage local agent to do the job or my agent ? and the agent will do all the stuff like helping me to apply for loan thru my bank rite ? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.