• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
We had a hard time finding a bicycle repair shop too. Nothing in ST. nothing around ST.

So my mum suggested that we bring the bicycle back to Spore to repair.

That would be ridiculous right?

Finally during the school holidays my wife and I were travelling up and down the Nusa Bestari Road..... From Eurorich Hotel we went in the direction of TESCO and continued to proceed further for a long way (one straight road) when we chanced upon several bicycle repair shops.

Now my son is quizzing me to get his bicycle repaired at the earliest.

I also notice that there isn't any bicycle repair shop at ST since a couple of months ago. Proberly because I am a cycler, I go everwhere with a bicycle. Also because I can see lots of cyclers there, sometime I imagine myself opening up a bicycle repair shop at ST. LOL!:biggrin:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome aboard dude. Enjoy the journey.

I would not wanna comment on financial matters since i am groping in the dark as well atleast for the moment.

Hi guys, i've recently committed to HH property for weekend stay.

Yet to confirm on the bank loan though, need to do fast in next 2 weeks.

Just need advice. Quotes given from 2 banks BLR-2.3, and the other BLR-2.4, 80% loan. Is that ok? Do i need to find more banks for better rates?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any idea on the status of the EDL and/or Permas Bridge?

I am keenly looking forward to the completion of EDL upon which the drive from Setia Tropika to CIQ will be a breeze (possibly 20 min max). I drive slowly he he.

The EDL plus permas bridge is also a very good thing too just as coast highway to HH.

:biggrin:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dude read up my recent posts on the Internet connectivity.

There is no free lunch mate. The suggestion that the modem is yours if you terminate after 10 days (possibly yours but you will have to pay for it)

Most importantly check if your area is covered by 3G/HSDPA. I think at the moment Celcom/Maxis is pretty reliable. I tried Maxis really fast and i use the Maxis prepaid service. Quite Good, stable connection and great download speeds in my humble opinion and experience.

Atleast the one who is fussy (my wife) has stopped complaining. PReviously i tried DIGI (They had only GPRS coverage for my area). The download took forever

Need some advice on broadband, hard to choose from Maxis/Celecom/Digi and P1.. Celecom is the only one that says no 300RM deposit for foreigners, no contract, no termination fee.. One girl from P1 says there could be hidden charges.. Celecom staff told me even if cancel within 10 days, modem is mine.. So good to me??

Maxis claims can achieve up to 7.2mbps... p1 says they can do 1.2mbps only.. Celecom says 3mbps.. Digi not sure.. I dont think maxis can do 7.2mbps.

Any advice which one I should go for?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tong Carriage is reasonably priced and good.

Just check the condition of your goods upon receipt in Malaysia. While the spore side do a decent job in packing and moving your stuff, you might face problems from the MAlaysia counterparts of Tong Carriage. I had a few damaged articles.

Hi guys, I have got the keys to the studio in prima regency. I have contacted Tong Carriage and they are coming on Tuesday.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) Use passport. Dun worry even if you change your passport after few years its ok. Your name still exists there. I think your NRIC is mentioned in your passport. So dun worry. I was at the Setia Tropika office the other day and was witness to a couple of Singaporeans querying the Setia sales office on this issue.

2) It takes quite a while. Sometimes the guy who is supposed to process it is on leave. It can take several months too if your unlucky

3) State consent is usually a given. They will approve it unless you are a troublemaker which i know you are not.

4) That can take almost to a year or more.

Dun worry things will happen. Just keep pushing your lawyer/sales staff and if possible keep black and white. Nothing to worry with a reputable developer

hi bros,need some help;
1)Sign SPA,for singaporean use I/C or Passport?
(checked with immigrartion,new pasport number will be given for every
renewal)
2)How and where to check status state of consent (can't depend on lawyer
or developer,they kept telling under process.Don't know whether they
summitted the application or not.
3)Most buyers signed SPA,paid 10% downpayment etc, whithout knowing
their status state of consent. What if their state of consent not approved.
What will happen?
4)How long will developer take to convert master title to individual title.
Bros Wuqi or any learned bros please enlighten.Thks

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is true. There is no need to return the USB stick since the RM 100 activation charge includes the cost of the stick already.

Broadband I will be getting Celecom as no deposit required for foreigners, no minimum contract period... Maxis need to pay 300RM deposit and sign half year contract...That Celecom girl even said if terminate, no need return the usb stick... Only RM100 to activate....

:(

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes lots of children use the playground apart from playing within the mini parks within each precint.

You see families walking, excercising and just jalan jalan too.

Honestly its a nice life. I envy those who have the good fortune of living in there on a regular basis.

Unfortunately for me because of my kids my wife refuses to make a full fledged move into Setia Tropika

Now i gotta wait for the June school holidays.. He he...

Oh yea got the Good Friday weekend before that..

No i din join the yoga session.

i really need to start serious exercising.

putting on weight.

Look like we are in same boat, I am very keen to stay at HH, wife is tempted but our children schooling schedules and tuitions is a big issues that stop us from doing so

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
. Proberly because I am a cycler, I go everwhere with a bicycle. Also because I can see lots of cyclers there, sometime I imagine myself opening up a bicycle repair shop at ST. LOL!:biggrin:

It's "cyclist" not "cycler".

Damsell

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, i've recently committed to HH property for weekend stay.

Yet to confirm on the bank loan though, need to do fast in next 2 weeks.

Just need advice. Quotes given from 2 banks BLR-2.3, and the other BLR-2.4, 80% loan. Is that ok? Do i need to find more banks for better rates?

wow! which bank offer you BLR-2.4 . Im looking for bank loan myself. Please tell me which bank. How much the MRTA? Whats the lock-in period? Thanks

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah i am keen to stay at Setia Tropika. My wife however feels that the kids wont be able to handle the stress of the journey in the morning to school and back.

In addition tuitions is another issue. Its challenging to find Spore quality tutors in Malaysia (though not impossible)

And therefore looks like my home will remain a holiday home for a very long time to come.

Look like we are in same boat, I am very keen to stay at HH, wife is tempted but our children schooling schedules and tuitions is a big issues that stop us from doing so

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah i am keen to stay at Setia Tropika. My wife however feels that the kids wont be able to handle the stress of the journey in the morning to school and back.

In addition tuitions is another issue. Its challenging to find Spore quality tutors in Malaysia (though not impossible)

And therefore looks like my home will remain a holiday home for a very long time to come.

AP: EDL dunno. Perhaps 2012 2nd-3rdQ++ can see solid chunks of it forming. btw got toll hor, unlike coastal highway. :mad: but so long as jam free and good roads I dun mind.

Regarding kids, I am one of the tens of thousands who crossed the causeway when I was a kid back when both side customs were only a fraction in size of what it is now. I think the travel builds independence, mental toughness and character. Esp. with school bus arrangements they also get to socialize with kids in similar arrangements building camaraderie and social skills. Every now and then in my profession, I also observe the same thing amongst my students...

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
AP: EDL dunno. Perhaps 2012 2nd-3rdQ++ can see solid chunks of it forming. btw got toll hor, unlike coastal highway. :mad: but so long as jam free and good roads I dun mind.

Regarding kids, I am one of the tens of thousands who crossed the causeway when I was a kid back when both side customs were only a fraction in size of what it is now. I think the travel builds independence, mental toughness and character. Esp. with school bus arrangements they also get to socialize with kids in similar arrangements building camaraderie and social skills. Every now and then in my profession, I also observe the same thing amongst my students...

same dilemma here.... kids late going to school.... its v tough for the kids to travel in and out... pity on those kids wake up so early in the morning nd reach home so late...

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ouch must wait till 2nd or 3rd Quarter of next year ?

I was hoping that the EDL will open end of this year.

Got toll? :( Yeah i agree with you that as long as no jam then it would be a great idea to use it cause it will bring you from ur home to the CIQ in minutes.

Coastal Highway no toll? Why?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes the travel builds terrific independence, mental toughness and sound character. There is no doubt about that.

But the kids these days are so pampered. They cant even take a car ride of MY-SG. Just imagine if they were made to take the bus? Would they be able to rough it out?

AP: .

NewComerJB

Hello all

Moving here was easy, buying a house was easy, in fact a lot of it was easy but there are difficult parts.

Language - yep we don't speak Malay or Chinese so that is challenging, especially when you really want to get something or make it happen, but that is the challenge of living somewhere new.

Quality of building work - so far it has been a real headache, workers don't turn up, don't work properly (long breaks) and the quality is not good. Somehow I believe that good work, good quality in a timely manner is possible but to achieve this somewhere we need to be able to tell of good and bad experiences with different contractors - a method of accountability ?? Great plant people at 1º 29' 27.89", 103º 39' 36.03" and ask for Jos Hua.:smile:

Finding stuff: this is seriously hard sometimes. If you search the web then there you will find only a small handful of companies that have bothered to list themselves and what they do. I have been trying to find a timber merchant as I want to make some things and I still haven't succeeded - CAN ANYONE HELP :confused:

Anybody got an idea of a sensible place to start a practical forum for new residents in Nusajaya.

Thanks all

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ouch must wait till 2nd or 3rd Quarter of next year ?

I was hoping that the EDL will open end of this year.

Got toll? :( Yeah i agree with you that as long as no jam then it would be a great idea to use it cause it will bring you from ur home to the CIQ in minutes.

Coastal Highway no toll? Why?

why u like TOLL???
are u one of the local umno big fish??? haha:biggrin: only them like toll.... its strange that u want toll at coastal highway....

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
You wont believe it. Some of the Maxis shops that i visited had a Hotlink Reload sign.

So when i asked them for the Hotticket for reloading they gave me the puzzled look...

Im looking for the internet hottickets for maxis prepaid 3g service. Gonna try the loads of shops around City Square.

Just got back from JB. Plaza Pelangi along Jalan Tebrau has the hotticket your looking for. I reloaded my Maxis prepaid. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.