• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW heard from the sales folk at Setia Tropika that there will be an MRT station down to Puteri Harbour. Not sure how true that is.

But if that happens that will be wonderful.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Im enjoying taking care of my pine trees. Ten in all. They seem to have grown a fair bit since i planted them in sept-oct last year.

Since i watered them regularly during the school hols they look greener, fuller and nicer.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, I have got the keys to the studio in prima regency. I have contacted Tong Carriage and they are coming on Tuesday.

Need some advice on broadband, hard to choose from Maxis/Celecom/Digi and P1.. Celecom is the only one that says no 300RM deposit for foreigners, no contract, no termination fee.. One girl from P1 says there could be hidden charges.. Celecom staff told me even if cancel within 10 days, modem is mine.. So good to me??

Maxis claims can achieve up to 7.2mbps... p1 says they can do 1.2mbps only.. Celecom says 3mbps.. Digi not sure.. I dont think maxis can do 7.2mbps.

Any advice which one I should go for?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wanted to get Digi Prepaid to access the internet while at Setia Tropika especially since they have unlimited plans and they are the cheapest.

However a kind soul asked me to check if Setia Tropika is covered with 3G by Digi. To my dismay it was nt << though will be in future>>

I got a Maxis (Hotlink) 3G prepaid card and have enjoyed fantastic download speeds. The downside is they cap the downloads to a max of 100MB per RM 5. My wife thinks its ok since its pay as you use and she does not wanna wait eternally for downloads.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Im looking for a Carpenter who can install a few racks in my store rooms so that i can manage my space better. Anybody with a contact for a carpenter who can do a small job?

please help..

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Credit Cards is never a good idea. A lot of people start using cards thinking they will clear it only to end up at Credit Counselling Spore.

My suggestion use cash and pay cash.

thanks for the advice! :cool:
err.. I have a spreadsheet and control my spending. and the card is purely for groceries and petrol which is standard month to month otherwise i don't spend on anything else in JB. like i say different strokes different folks. i try not to carry or keep too much cash around bcos that is a magnet for unwanted attention. like that i only go the money changer to change a small amount about once every 2 months sometimes even longer (despite living in JB and commuting to sg almost everyday). find it a hassle to go to my fav changer, draw out money from atm, change have 2 currencies in my wallet and repeat the whole process when the cash run out. change a bigger sum of money also no go makes me even more jittery :p simple is the new complex!

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW heard from the sales folk at Setia Tropika that there will be an MRT station down to Puteri Harbour. Not sure how true that is.

But if that happens that will be wonderful.

there are many versions of this. some say an LRT east west from nusajaya to tebrau, some say mrt to where ZON is near to the CIQ bukit chaggar. then there is the puteri harbor talk. also a water taxi from puteri harbor. need to see to believe, One thing for certain grab whatever development near this potential station whilst stocks lasts!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apart from supermarkets are there any wet markets or any other place where they sell fresh pork? (lean meat and spare ribs)?

Anyone care to enlighten me? I only seem to find them at supermarkets in JB and really have no clue where to find fresh stock outside off the supermarket.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ur rite mate.. Many potential versions.

The sales person at Singapore office of Setia Berhad told me that on the Setia Tropika master plan they even have an exit from Setia Tropika into the Kempas Terminal Station where the KL to JB bound line terminates. The sales person mentioned that there will be an MRT/LRT from Kempas Train station to Puteri Harbour. I would likely believe that it would not be Puteri HArbour but rather Woodlands.

Well but until nothing develops no one really knows.

there are many versions of this. some say an LRT east west from nusajaya to tebrau, some say mrt to where ZON is near to the CIQ bukit chaggar. then there is the puteri harbor talk. also a water taxi from puteri harbor. need to see to believe, One thing for certain grab whatever development near this potential station whilst stocks lasts!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally after going in/out of JB so many times i have managed to find my favourite money changer right in the heart of Bukit INdah.

I thank the Michelin (Yellow sign board) near station one cafe who introduced me to this money changer.

(despite living in JB and commuting to sg almost everyday). find it a hassle to go to my fav changer, !

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely. Different strokes for different folks.

In this world the successful people are those who are disciplined and use tools to their advantage.

Hats of to you on that note mate.

My advice was for those who might end up getting sucked into the credit card trap.

like i say different strokes different folks.QUOTE]

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at Jusco Tebrau City today. Quite a few branded stores. They have a cinema there too.

Just asking folks with experience their opinion. I felt that branded products are more expensive in MY unless on sale. Whats ur opinion?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pasir Gudang Highway and the Nusa Bestari Road (amongst others) have quite a few potholes.

Who do we complain to? Will it work if we complain?

OR am i better off doing other things.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel mobile services are expensive in Malaysia (if you do not convert to S$).

My top up finishes quite fast and every so often i gotta reload. I studied the plans offered by the service providers Celcom, Maxis, Digi. They are all about the same with plusses and minusses. Overall they end up charging you a fair bit.

There is a new service offered by Tune if i am not wrong. Not sure if they offer comprehensive coverage and their rates are competitive enough.

How do we call Spore? Which is the cheapest way with good voice quality?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tried to find a Hot link sim card. Did not realise it would be so difficult. Most of the places i checked out i was offered Post paid services from MAxis.

Another problem i encountered was in buying the Hotticket for Hotlink to top up for my internet service.

Cant believe that simple things can be that difficult.

I know City Square has lots of shops that offer these services but in and around Bukit Indah i had a hard time scouting around for them.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tried to find a Hot link sim card. Did not realise it would be so difficult. Most of the places i checked out i was offered Post paid services from MAxis.

Another problem i encountered was in buying the Hotticket for Hotlink to top up for my internet service.

Cant believe that simple things can be that difficult.

I know City Square has lots of shops that offer these services but in and around Bukit Indah i had a hard time scouting around for them.

Try Plaza Pelangi on the ground floor at the Maxis outlet. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.