• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro wuqi welcome back!
Adding to petrol pumping excursions. I generally only do so late morning to afternoons just before entering into SG. Last time used to pump in the nights but I don't anymore even though it was without incidence. Lock car doors whenever. I also tend to go to those with stations lining next to each other. In the worst case scenario odds are my chances are 1/3 since there are 3 stations at my fav place and having said that again I have not had an incidence before although I remain cautious always.

CS:
I passed by Senibong via the road that passes through and head westwards parallel to pasir gudang highway. Seems like the road is very high and the area is pretty low lying for water front living. With freak weather these days you never know what will happen lest if its highrise apartments. Also nothing much to see across the river to Sembcorp shipyard and the senoko power plant. Having said that the designs are pretty modernistic and Australian developer's first foray almost guarantees at least a certain standard. And there is indeed potential if the area becomes a foreigner enclave that Straits view nearby already is. I think investing in a shoplot close to Jusco is a better bet as traffic will definitely increase with Senibong, straits view phase 2 and the permas bridge tying together with EDL plus the bayu residences nearby all slated to come to live in the near future.

-
I happen to drive into JSNAC/puteri harbor area for a look see the weekend past. The harbor view is pretty serene. And the area impressively clutter free and a totally different feeling from the old JB city. It feels somewhat like a putrajaya carbon copy although not as big and spectacular as the latter. I also saw how the coastal highway will link things up and where the road will open from HH. I hope it is sooner rather than later. Seeing how it will cut short the time to the 2nd link much and bring people right to the doorstep of the important area. I think a lot of people still don't appreciate how some of these 'talk big' plans are actually materializing bit by bit. So it's good to be first rather than late but still late rather than never. I am now like a sliver away from tying down my property ownership at HH. Crossed fingers... oh and whose MY plated Lamborghini murcielago is that parked right outside the clubhouse?! :cool:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh ok... yeah Senibong sold like hotcakes and i asked about the waterfront semi-D apparently there are like 40 people on the queue for the bumi-release units... indeed one should not expect Senibong Cove to look anything like Sentosa Cove :biggrin:

But if the Australians have studied the waterways well and the area turns lively and clean with watersports instead of contaminated industrial water... then those who took the risk gains... haha just damn curious maybe will drop by have a look

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha is JB petrol kiosks really that scary?

The one towards Tuas is definitely safe x 5... though i ever encountered someone trying to sell fake Rolex watches while pumping my petrol

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
All living thing are not permitted to bring into Singapore except human with legal document.
Plant in the pot/live fish/dog are not allow.
If want to bring in just bring is small eg. small cactus pot/fish put inside plastic bag.

I meant I bought a potted tall plant from SGP and drive over to JB for my home. Was confiscated by an officer name Farid.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish they scrap the plan to built the nuclear power plant in JB :P

Malaysia has no need for nuke plants, says EPSM
Monday March 14, 2011
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...415&sec=nation

PETALING JAYA: The Environmental Protection Society Malaysia (EPSM) stressed that Malaysia does not need nuclear power plants, citing the explosion and radioactive leakage at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in Japan as a warning.

Its president Nithi Nesadurai said the incident was one reason why Malaysia should not have nuclear power plants.

Pointing out that such a facility was vulnerable to earthquake, tsunami and floods, he said the idea of having nuclear power plants in the country should be rejected.

“We don’t even need it as there is surplus energy supply in Malaysia,” he said when contacted yesterday.

In Malaysia, there was more supply of energy than demand, he said, adding that it was the people who did not practise energy saving.

Fomca chief executive officer Datuk Paul Selva Raj said using nuclear power to generate energy was not a viable option in Malaysia now as it should be highly regulated for public safety.

“We need to be realistic about the energy approach and look at the whole energy equation. Each time a disaster happens, it indicates some risks (associated with energy options),” he said.

Paul said it was important to exploit more sources for energy that were safe, environmentally friendly and renewable.

In December last year, the Government announced plans to build two nuclear power plants that will generate 1,000 megawatts each with the first plant ready for operation in 2021 as part of an overall long-term plan to balance energy supply. The second plant was expected to be ready a year later.

Energy, Green Technology and Water Minister Datuk Seri Peter Chin Fah Kui said Malaysia Nuclear Power Corporation – the nuclear agency in the Prime Minister’s Department – would shed light on the impact of the explosion and radioactive leakage in Japan

Malaysia to study Japan atomic accident
Published: 2010/03/14
http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_New...cle/index_html

Malaysia wants to learn from Japan’s nuclear accident before taking a final decision on whether to establish its first atomic power plant, a minister said.

“It’s best for us to learn from the investigation results and see further,” Datuk Peter Chin, minister for energy, green technology and water, said in a telephone interview.

“What happened in Japan was due to an earthquake. On the Malaysian side, we have not decided anything yet.”

Japan’s nuclear accident has prompted China and India to review plans for atomic energy. Malaysia’s government said in September it wanted to explore nuclear power as a potential solution to the country’s long-term power needs as its oil and gas reserves start to diminish.

A tender will be called by the middle of this year to appoint a consultant to conduct a feasibility study and evaluate the site chosen, Chin said, without saying where the first plant might be.

“Only after that, the government will decide whether to tender the project or not,” he said.

“Nuclear technology is a viable energy. Look at France as an example where 72 percent of the country’s energy comes from nuclear plants.”

Prime Minister Naoto Kan said yesterday Japan is facing its worst crisis since World War II after a March 11 earthquake and ensuing tsunami killed an estimated 10,000 people and caused explosions at a nuclear power plant. Workers battled to prevent a nuclear meltdown after a second hydrogen explosion rocked an atomic plant north of Tokyo today. - Bloomberg

Last edited:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha went to the Immigration Dept at Setia Tropika today... got my things settled real quick... marked improvement from the old days... seeing the improvement in the civil service makes me believe this place have a future :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had the same issue.

So frustrating. Finally am back too.

I could not reset password either. Yeah no joy....

Now am back....

Tried creating new id... Still cant log in.

Hopefully the 30 odd pages that were deleted can be restored..

Phew, finally back, have been trying to log on for days, no matter how many times i tried to reset password and log on, no joy.

QUOTE]

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi wuqi,

I saw in a flyer yesterday that Nusa Duta got semi ds at RM 900+ k and the size is pretty huge at 50 x 100! The pic looks good as my HH semi d is only 35 x 80 and around the same price.

Rental wise, I think HH will get better return than Nusa Duta.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rental wise, I think HH will get better return than Nusa Duta.

You have to calculate ROI in % instead of the amount you are getting to find out that they are actually the same. Except perhaps capital appreciation is slightly better in HH, but you also have to consider whether you can be able to afford a higher entry point as well.

And also you have to consider whether you want to live in the property, sell for a profit in time to come or you want to just keep it for rental collection. All these are important considerations which lead to differences in decision.

For HH, I feel that you buy in it early stage, you would have sit on massive capital and rental appreciation. Its kind of wasted to stay in it yourself now, due to the high rental return, for me I would have rent it out. IMHO.

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So it's alright to bring in potted plant to Johor from SG??

By law is not allow. There are few reason ,May bring in virus/bacteria/insect/parasite ........that may be dangerous.
If really want to bring in just small pot or best take out the plant put inside plastic hope that custom will not find out or close one eye. Then plant it again when arrived in Singapore. Plant will not die for few hour if you take care eg. put some water. If can before bring in spray with pesticide .
Many people bring in live fish eg. Tomman/peacock fish as a pet. When the fish grew bigger and tank not big enough or give up hobby they release it into lake/canal. These fish will attack all others native fish that the danger of it. Just like rabbit in Australia. Before there are no rabbit in Australia now spread across whole country because some stupid Ang Moh bring in the rabbit as pet and escape. Now out of control. There are no restriction for hunting rabbit there.
Another case study in USA flying carp/silver carp. Now whole river full of carp. Is out of control.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should build it in KL Central.....:biggrin:

Not build near the residential area/business. Must build it near to the people agree/support the plant construction. Eg. built it near Parliament/Putrajaya or ask those ministers who support built their house next to the nuclear power station and stay there. Then they are allow to talk or comment is safe.
Same as in Singapore built it next to Parliament/inside Istana compound/ Built residential for ministers next to the power station. Then I waiting to see how the comment.:biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not build near the residential area/business. Must build it near to the people agree/support the plant construction. Eg. built it near Parliament/Putrajaya or ask those ministers who support built their house next to the nuclear power station and stay there. Then they are allow to talk or comment is safe.
Same as in Singapore built it next to Parliament/inside Istana compound/ Built residential for ministers next to the power station. Then I waiting to see how the comment.:biggrin:

Yalor. Agreed with you totally. Can't find any words better then yours....:biggrin:

toolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
By law is not allow. There are few reason ,May bring in virus/bacteria/insect/parasite ........that may be dangerous.
If really want to bring in just small pot or best take out the plant put inside plastic hope that custom will not find out or close one eye. Then plant it again when arrived in Singapore. Plant will not die for few hour if you take care eg. put some water. If can before bring in spray with pesticide .
Many people bring in live fish eg. Tomman/peacock fish as a pet. When the fish grew bigger and tank not big enough or give up hobby they release it into lake/canal. These fish will attack all others native fish that the danger of it. Just like rabbit in Australia. Before there are no rabbit in Australia now spread across whole country because some stupid Ang Moh bring in the rabbit as pet and escape. Now out of control. There are no restriction for hunting rabbit there.
Another case study in USA flying carp/silver carp. Now whole river full of carp. Is out of control.

just for the fun of it... the scientific term for the above is 'invasive species'.
anyway its not a very valid reason as both countries have the same eco-system... but of course customs officers probably won't understand either...
on the sg side though, we are allowed to bring in 2-3 potted plants from jb.

Status
Not open for further replies.