• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, it should be according to my unsinkified learned friends.

Thanks, the words do make a difference though i look up to them either way, certainly. They are pretty happy living there, so far no regrets though they did again reminded me that family "buy in" is very important as one almost had to contemplate moving back when his wife missed her parents/sister badly.

One of them, his brothers who didn't speak to him for 3 years after he moved to NZ, told me recently they approached him and want to visit during CNY and also to look at properties there. So i guess more are looking at having a hinterland to retire to.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
some moron above suggested making a police report, pls don't waste your time with malaysian police.

on a sidenote, chinatown has everything from ah tiong gigolos to ah nguyen pickpocket gangs.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes, it is very important to do due diligence to get to know more about the stuff especially you are moving out for a better future and life. It is well worth any effort.

However , you usually will come across those "fear of the unknown" sinkie losers who give all sort of loser type comment and excuse and tell you all the bad things that will surface even though they are not the one moving and got stuck in his own sinkieland.

They just think of the bad stuff here and negative stuff there and they dun realise that they are still stuck in their shithole. It is quite funny if you observe clearly enough and it can be quite an entertainment. The more they think , they deeper they got stuck.

Folks who are staying and folks who want a back up/alternative lifestyle, i wish them well. Everyone has his own opinions and our perspective/views changes when we get older.

If a person had came up to me and told me to find alternative home, leave SG, etc when i was still a young man, i would have thought of you as crazy to even suggest the idea of ever leaving Singapore.

Just like when we were very young, we liked certain toys but as we grow up, our perspective changes and these very same things which tugged at our heartstrings, which we held dear are no longer viewed in the same light.

Sometimes, all it takes is a leap of faith, opening the door is hard, stepping through is even harder. I know, i entertained some of the same fears (though not plantations) as some of them. Things are always difficult at first.

I wish all well, stayers and fellow travellers alike.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
some moron above suggested making a police report, pls don't waste your time with malaysian police.

on a sidenote, chinatown has everything from ah tiong gigolos to ah nguyen pickpocket gangs.

That would be me, i think there is no point making a police report too as i stated chances of getting anything back is slim to say the least.

This would be good though if one has travel insurance, etc then there will be at least some grounds for recovery of money. I remembered some banks who have that type of insurance when you sign up a credit facility with them and it covers lost/stolen items.

DarthRevan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear bro wuqi256, your information in this thread is indeed valuable, and I thank you for it. :smile:

There's a say, "the grass is always greener on the other side". I have friends who are M'sians working here on high salary and they too expressed interest to be SG citizens & lived here. I guess this statement is true to an extent.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear bro wuqi256, your information in this thread is indeed valuable, and I thank you for it. :smile:

There's a say, "the grass is always greener on the other side". I have friends who are M'sians working here on high salary and they too expressed interest to be SG citizens & lived here. I guess this statement is true to an extent.

Sure, i am glad to hear that. I would agree but i seldom see any of my friends who want to be citizens. Sure they would love to work here and stay here but most if i am not wrong would not give up their citizenship back in MY.

Even asked my relatives and friends from MY a few years back when citizenship still meant something other than NS. They wouldn't do it, it was from them and other folks that i slowly learnt that, SG is not a place to "live", its a good place to "work" in.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have friends who are M'sians working here on high salary and they too expressed interest to be SG citizens & lived here. I guess this statement is true to an extent.

What people say and ACTUALLY do are 2 different things :smile:

Why would Malaysian's want convert to Sporeans :confused: As Spore PRs they can already work & buy property. As Malaysians they can do so in both Malaysia & Spore.

I have Malaysian colleagues & they are very diplomatic about not criticising Spore. To the casual observer they appear to be just like any Sporean. :rolleyes:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have friends who are M'sians working here on high salary and they too expressed interest to be SG citizens & lived here. I guess this statement is true to an extent.

Are u kidding? Hope u are not.

At my workplace, I know a couple dozen of Msian workers. From executives to operation assts post. Most are PRs. But NONE of them renounce their Msian citizenship.

Now if I am given the priviledges of owning dual citizenship, why would I renounce my msian citizenship? :rolleyes:

Side track abit here. I also know of Chinese Indonesians. Some of them complain they are being marginalised, discriminated and their properties were destroyed, ransacked and looted during Suharto's downfall. But how many of them (I mean well off Indon Chinese) renounce their citizenship and become Spore citizen? Dont be surprised they would tell you they still prefer to stay in Indonesia despite being discriminated.

They wouldn't do it, it was from them and other folks that i slowly learnt that, SG is not a place to "live", its a good place to "work" in.

Precisely!

Not only Msians, even some PRCs too. They would tell u very stressful staying in Sillypore. Cost of living very high. Told me after earning and having enough saving, they would go back to China and start some small business...

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Useful forum for those intending to make Msia their alternative home - http://www.my2home.info/
Most of the forumers are non Singaporean foreigners.

Hi Toyohon, many thanks indeed for the useful information, i hope that more folks hear the news and know of their options.

There are of course other places other than MY but i would think its the most accessible and easiest to kickstart a hinterland. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Are u kidding? Hope u are not.

At my workplace, I know a couple dozen of Msian workers. From executives to operation assts post. Most are PRs. But NONE of them renounce their Msian citizenship.

Now if I am given the priviledges of owning dual citizenship, why would I renounce my msian citizenship? :rolleyes:

Side track abit here. I also know of Chinese Indonesians. Some of them complain they are being marginalised, discriminated and their properties were destroyed, ransacked and looted during Suharto's downfall. But how many of them (I mean well off Indon Chinese) renounce their citizenship and become Spore citizen? Dont be surprised they would tell you they still prefer to stay in Indonesia despite being discriminated.

Precisely!

Not only Msians, even some PRCs too. They would tell u very stressful staying in Sillypore. Cost of living very high. Told me after earning and having enough saving, they would go back to China and start some small business...

Agree, which was why i found it strange that they would want to be citizens here. From guys i know who are from US/Italy/Germany all the way to Indonesians/Malaysians, i have actually not heard of many who would give up their citizenship. When i asked a few of them the question to convert many years back ago, they looked at me as if i was mad to even suggest that.

lewlian88

Alfrescian
Loyal
wuqi,
i think u ought to request nicely to admin to help move this thread to emmigration matters.
it's a useful thread for those who thinking of relocating to JB

btw, should one consider home that are still under construction or it's safer to buy completed home? thks!

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
wuqi,
i think u ought to request nicely to admin to help move this thread to emmigration matters.
it's a useful thread for those who thinking of relocating to JB

btw, should one consider home that are still under construction or it's safer to buy completed home? thks!

It is definitely safer to buy completed projects. However, if this is not possible, then look for projects undertaken by more reputable developers, bigger ones like Setia Group, MahSing, Gamuda, etc...

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pros and cons. If its a completed home, be prepared to pay premium at least 50% and more (than the original price) if the location is good. If were to buy one that the developer in the process of launching the project, one may get discounted price and legal, stamp fees absorbed by them. But the risk side is during the process the developer may go bust and u will be in deep shit!. So rule of thumb, get a developer which is a public listed one or a well known sendiran berhad.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Agree with the folks here, its always good to check on the developer or if you are unsure, then buy completed units direct from the developer. For me, i always go for developed ones in unfamiliar lands.

Bro Whoami, I just checked out Casa AXXXX, a place at Danga bay for a semi-D type . All 3 types were sold out so only those subsale/resale units left. I saw 2 and was quite happy, got jetty behind and floor is parquet.

Wanted to see more units and told him i can pay deposit but surprisingly, the agent told me quite a bit of horror stories about there:

1. Finishing bad, timber skirting, etc - Developer never rectified
2. Developer promised a full scale olympic sized swimming pool, never delivered.
3. Very tightly packed in
4. Smell from the Danga river especially if its not cleaned and temperatures go up, etc.

As such, easy to get a place, can get a Semi-D even at 530-550k. Actual prices is pretty good.

He recommended Eco Setia instead or look at other developments in Danga bay.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Whoami, I just checked out Casa AXXXX, a place at Danga bay for a semi-D type . All 3 types were sold out so only those subsale/resale units left. I saw 2 and was quite happy, got jetty behind and floor is parquet.

Wanted to see more units and told him i can pay deposit but surprisingly, the agent told me quite a bit of horror stories about there:

1. Finishing bad, timber skirting, etc - Developer never rectified
2. Developer promised a full scale olympic sized swimming pool, never delivered.
3. Very tightly packed in
4. Smell from the Danga river especially if its not cleaned and temperatures go up, etc.

As such, easy to get a place, can get a Semi-D even at 530-550k. Actual prices is pretty good.

He recommended Eco Setia instead or look at other developments in Danga bay.

Yes bro. Forgot to mention. Casa Axxx was completed sold out. They dont even have the time to have an official launch. Now subsale going at M$650k and above. But the Senior Sales ex with Danga Bay name Kelvin, told me to consider DangaBay view apt for investment. He quoted me 360K (but from properties website it was quoted 320K) :rolleyes: Even the subsale for Casa Axxx which he quoted i.e. M$650K, I reckon hes marking up the price too. Everyone want to make fast bucks ya.

Hmm..didnt know abt those unpleasant stories. Thought the developer is a well known one that ties up with the royal family.

Eco Setia...on the high end price lah. If not in a hurry can wait for the 38 storey condo at Danga Bay...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes bro. Forgot to mention. Casa Axxx was completed sold out. They dont even have the time to have an official launch. Now subsale going at M$650k and above. But the Senior Sales ex with Danga Bay name Kelvin, told me to consider DangaBay view apt for investment. He quoted me 360K (but from properties website it was quoted 320K) :rolleyes: Even the subsale for Casa Axxx which he quoted i.e. M$650K, I reckon hes marking up the price too. Everyone want to make fast bucks ya.

Hmm..didnt know abt those unpleasant stories. Thought the developer is a well known one that ties up with the royal family.

Eco Setia...on the high end price lah. If not in a hurry can wait for the 38 storey condo at Danga Bay...

Sure no problem, i actually saw a few guys selling for around $530k-550k when i googled yesterday. Understand of course, folks needs some fast bucks. Oh, there are a few projects, for the Eco Setia garden, you can still get single storey terraces at about 200 plus k?

http://www.spsetia.com.my/setia_eco_garden/pfs_messius.htm

longlicky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi & all, thank you very much for starting this wonderful thread. It's really helpful for people like me who can't wait to leave this country.

Actually, I'm single and in the process of buying a 4-rm HDB flat, but due to the high price and absurd cash-over-valuation that sellers are asking for, I've more or less given up hope of ever getting a house of my own in this expensive country.

I think Horizon Hills is a very good development and will definitely go over there to have a look, but I have one question about the customs.

I wonder will there be any problem if I continue to work in S'pore but go in & out of Malaysia almost everyday?

Thanks in advance!

Hey,
Why dont you start with 3room flat? must you buy 4 room flat for a reason?

michaely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Longlicky

There are 2 reasons why I would only buy a 4-room flat:

1) If I buy a 3-rrm flat, I can only rent out 1 room at about $500/month, which is just enough to cover my monthly instalment. But if I buy a 4-rm, I can rent out 2 rooms at $1000/mth which is enough to cover the monthly instalment and some extra cash every month. So even if I get retrenched after 40, I'm still able to survive on the rental, at least don't have to borrow money or sell house like others.

2) If I start off with buying a 3-room, there is no chance to downgrade in future and get some cash out of it. So while I'm still at my prime and still holding a job, I'll buy a flat at my maximum comfort level. If I get retrenched, I can downgrade with some cash on hand.

I hope I've answered your question, please do give me some advice too.

Thank you!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Bro Longlicky

There are 2 reasons why I would only buy a 4-room flat:

1) If I buy a 3-rrm flat, I can only rent out 1 room at about $500/month, which is just enough to cover my monthly instalment. But if I buy a 4-rm, I can rent out 2 rooms at $1000/mth which is enough to cover the monthly instalment and some extra cash every month. So even if I get retrenched after 40, I'm still able to survive on the rental, at least don't have to borrow money or sell house like others.

2) If I start off with buying a 3-room, there is no chance to downgrade in future and get some cash out of it. So while I'm still at my prime and still holding a job, I'll buy a flat at my maximum comfort level. If I get retrenched, I can downgrade with some cash on hand.

I hope I've answered your question, please do give me some advice too.

Thank you!

From the scenario you have described, its understandable and actually makes sense financially. You are just catering for extingencies.

For travel to and fro JB, you can actually take bus CW3 from Bukit Indah to Jurong East and then take MRT/drive from a car park there on a daily basis. Actually to stretch dollar even further, Thailand is also worth considering however foreigners cannot own land there. You can only own condos but interestingly not the land it is built on.(90 year leases)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.