• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Missed this post. Yes, nowadays see quite a few projects in Singapore by China developers. And the thing is they are not priced cheaper than other condos! Wow everything PRC, how's their quality like for the handover?

True, like canberra residences & canopy in Yishun/sembawang by MCC Land..
However think 8 courtyards by Frasers still selling better though pricing much higher than yishun sapphire beside

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi guys

i have just bought at Bestari Heights...i have been looking around JB houses for some time aleardy (easily 5 years and more)...you name it, i have practically seen it all and finally decided on BH where both my wife and I deemed it as OK. This is my take on some of the other developments we have seen from causeway to 2nd link....i know some bros here stay at these places..no offence intended..just my personal opinion..welcome detractors..

Welcome, what you mentioned of SEG is true for the powerlines & single lane.. do hope that Setia expand the roads later on as there is also a business park & more semi d developments.. heard Setia was involved in the expressway expansion from 3 to 4 lanes at Bukit indah side.. (heard from Setia sales man)

If you were shopping since 5 yrs ago, you would have been able to snap up very good price then..

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome, what you mentioned of SEG is true for the powerlines & single lane.. do hope that Setia expand the roads later on as there is also a business park & more semi d developments.. heard Setia was involved in the expressway expansion from 3 to 4 lanes at Bukit indah side.. (heard from Setia sales man)

If you were shopping since 5 yrs ago, you would have been able to snap up very good price then..

yes. it was tempting then without the RM500K requirement. however development then was not so booming with no tesco/jusco/giant and of course the big iskandar picture then. now you can really feel the m'sians are serious this time. in fact i dont mind paying today's prices as you get better features compared to years ago...also my retirement will be another 15-20 years away..so really no hurry then..slowly see how things pan out...seems like it is developing quite well..these are some reasons..

/0m0\

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi thanks for the response, retired or still working, for those who start thinking of the situation in SG, you will come to the point of making sthe decision to find alternative for better conditions of living or less stress and not only materialistic living standard, as i have mentioned i thought about it for many years and make that choice in 2009, from then on i see a little hope for a more enjoyable life. I will be persuing my interested in doing some crafts works ( making clocks out of wood, that is the gears are made of wood) hope to share with anyone interested. You can see a sample of what i have made before posted in a Italian master clock maker site, my is the centre one.

http://www.clockmaker.it/ingle39rassegna.htm

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Yonglip , almost bought the Bestari Height too when they were offering at 520K during the very early launch . For some reasons need to forgo plan , lah. Very good location , and furnishing too ! Only problem I see is the noise from highway for those first few rows , land is bit lower than the roads but I dont think can flood lah , so far have not see any flood in the area .
Overall I think is very good buy ! I give 8 stars out of 10 for BH ! cheer !

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes. it was tempting then without the RM500K requirement. however development then was not so booming with no tesco/jusco/giant and of course the big iskandar picture then. now you can really feel the m'sians are serious this time. in fact i dont mind paying today's prices as you get better features compared to years ago...also my retirement will be another 15-20 years away..so really no hurry then..slowly see how things pan out...seems like it is developing quite well..these are some reasons..

I have similar thinking.. It is hard to buy at bottom, but buying when price picking up is not too bad at all.. Especially with the more infrastructure investments provide me a certain level of assurance..

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Yonglip , almost bought the Bestari Height too when they were offering at 520K during the very early launch . For some reasons need to forgo plan , lah. Very good location , and furnishing too ! Only problem I see is the noise from highway for those first few rows , land is bit lower than the roads but I dont think can flood lah , so far have not see any flood in the area .
Overall I think is very good buy ! I give 8 stars out of 10 for BH ! cheer !

thanks for the endorsement man..as mentioned in my earlier post....the perfect development or house in JB is a very subject and indeed elusive concept. i suppose it all boils down to what we can live with and what we can live without.

Something on the financing part...i am using CIMB's homeflexi plan which allows for interest offset..need to pay close to S$1K per month for 16 years. I am not sure whether bros here are aware, but CIMB Singapore allow internet transfer from Sing to M'sia at no cost. Exchange rate is not so bad...about 2.442 compared to outside cash rate of 2.457...they still got to earn la..at least no need to bring so much cash around and is instant transfer...just the click of the mouse.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi thanks for the response, retired or still working, for those who start thinking of the situation in SG, you will come to the point of making sthe decision to find alternative for better conditions of living or less stress and not only materialistic living standard, as i have mentioned i thought about it for many years and make that choice in 2009, from then on i see a little hope for a more enjoyable life. I will be persuing my interested in doing some crafts works ( making clocks out of wood, that is the gears are made of wood) hope to share with anyone interested. You can see a sample of what i have made before posted in a Italian master clock maker site, my is the centre one.

http://www.clockmaker.it/ingle39rassegna.htm

Oh this is nice and interesting , can keep time acurately ? Where to learn the craft ?

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
[QUOTE=avalon74;796081 Some elders still have their preferences.. like my grandma who is scared of fire is fearful of cremation..
Fortunately the family was able to bury her in Lim chu Kang back then..

And I had an aunt who insisted on cremation, because she was terrified that she would not really be dead but in some kind of coma, then wake up in a covered coffin, six feet under clay... a favourite old horror story theme.

Is anyone interested in the Crescent about to be launched near Ujana? I passed by the main sales office on Friday and they seem to be gearing up.

/0m0\

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi you don't see much of this item here in SG, for those who travel oversea esp to europe and us these are very popular, this model is not very accurate in keeping time , however it give you lot od pleasure just watching the mechnisms ticks and moves, i pick up this crafts when i saw it in of of my oversea trip to europe, th plan are bought from this master clockmaker, he made all beautiful clock made of metal, this is the only clock he design for wood. i am in the process of making another similar clock but more accurate and one winding can work for three days.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows if there will be tally of vote percentages?
Will be interesting to see if TT gets below 40% but end up eventual winner

I hope the number of candidates will be lesser on nomination day cos it is to the advantage of tt. 2 way contest will be better as there will be clear winner of more than half of d votes

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi you don't see much of this item here in SG, for those who travel oversea esp to europe and us these are very popular, this model is not very accurate in keeping time , however it give you lot od pleasure just watching the mechnisms ticks and moves, i pick up this crafts when i saw it in of of my oversea trip to europe, th plan are bought from this master clockmaker, he made all beautiful clock made of metal, this is the only clock he design for wood. i am in the process of making another similar clock but more accurate and one winding can work for three
days.

Hi omo
I envy you for u have d luxury to delve into your hobby that also will keep ur mind sharp.. hence improving ur quality of life... Counting d days (many more) when I can do that :smile:

/0m0\

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have waited 40 yrs for this moments where i could what i do something that i have always wanted to do, like most of you still need to bring in a regular income, having time to do something different is a challenge. I feel that we are also quite fortunate that our north neighours have a lower cost of living that provide us a choice that many here have chosen to afford a better , lower cost quality of life. Many are still pull back because of the crimes, distance and inconvenience in transport and so on, however i believe when the pressure get stronger in sg amny will ultimately make the move over.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
As an active NSman (just sacrificed almost 1 mth of my life last July), I deplore the statement made by the pinoy! Lets see who will be d first to leave at the first sign of trouble and its not gonna be! I will be here to protect my family and Majulah Singapura!!

Ehh now the Singaporean husband said he is the one who wrote the comments. Really no eye to see the Spore now!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, like canberra residences & canopy in Yishun/sembawang by MCC Land..
However think 8 courtyards by Frasers still selling better though pricing much higher than yishun sapphire beside

Hehe i visited the Caberra Residence showflat and was shocked to see the toilets are those mobile type. No proper toilets built for showflat site nowadays?!

Status
Not open for further replies.