• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am surprised there is a 700k semi D in HH.. Any reason why it is so cheap? Which exactly is the unit?

I believe it is the same cluster unit in Gateway that my wife and I saw on our first visit since both these agents are a team.

LG: You should probably check out the Bt Indah area units as well before jumping in and possibly end up dissatisfied with what you got.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I believe it is the same cluster unit in Gateway that my wife and I saw on our first visit since both these agents are a team.

LG: You should probably check out the Bt Indah area units as well before jumping in and possibly end up dissatisfied with what you got.

Guys, a lot of agents market clusters as semi-d. They call it linked Semi-D only if you asked.
Do a check at the back of the unit, if its linked physically back to back to another unit and side to side
with the other. Then its a cluster.

If there was still a 700k real Semi-D in HH, a whole bunch of us just in my row would have snapped up already without a 2nd thought. One neighbour who bought a place about 800k just got her place rented out for about 4 plus k i think. Not really furnished too.

My humble 2 cents on the types of houses you may encounter

Essentially houses that are like that =

Terrace (Corner/Intermediate)

Corner Int Int Int Int Int Corner
[ 1 ][ 2 ][ 3 ][ 4 ][ 5 ][ 6 ][ 7 ]

When viewed from the top,
Clusters are like that

[ 1 ][ 2 ]
[ 3 ][ 4 ]

When viewed from the front, they look like a semi-d

[ 1 ][ 2 ]

When viewed from the top or side by side.
Semi-D

[ 1 ][ 2 ]

There is also a new beast called the linked bungalow.
Essentially when viewed from the top:

[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]

When viewed from the front, it looks like a bungalow, closer inspection will reveal that its linked to another house.

Bungalow

[ 1 ]

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Really agree with what you've mentioned above in bold. Some might say that this is 'Living in JB' and not 'Investing in JB', but who in the right mind hopes that his house, even if it's his one and only house for his 'living in', would depreciate badly while he stays in it over time?

Believe me, there are people like that who i have encountered. Claims to have specific houses but continues to talk very badly about it (Seriously not talking about Mr HH)

In the end, found out he didn't stay in HH after all (its his son in laws place), he stays in Permas Jaya and accused people of lying when they told him a semi-d is now at a different price.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
i am told by the agent that there are no more unit at golf..

really or not man?.. he told that all are bungalow and above..

I concur with bros here, he must have no more units on his hands. There might be others who may have. He may also be referring to the developer units since they have sold off long time back.

I still have one unit reserved with Azahar and my cheque is still there. I think should be no more as he didn't contact me. My neighbour told me today that some sales folks there are reading this thread and still wondering who wuqi is.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Vincentck, i bought the 3 storey semi d (35x80) at the east golf and it cost me 1.85 m. It's 3800 sqf in land with golf view, but the golf side isnt that long bcoz it's facing the highway. The sale person brought me to another corner superlink terrace unit in the golf (it's arranged in a different way and there are only 8 lot there), this is actually a bumi lot and the owner want to sell it at 1.4 m, it has superb golf view! but oh wow.. 1.4m for a superlink! We also went to west golf and look at a few semi d (50x100), these units are up for resale at 1.8m as well and i remember these were sold at 1.4m a year ago.

Bro wuqi, congrats on your coming baby!! My wife is "reproductively challenged" and we are trying IVF now. Hopefully it will work out well with us.

Hi Icyraine,
Can you share with us why you chose the semi-d at East Golf facing highway instead of the ones in West Golf?
Are those resale semi-dees in West Golf being marketed by the sale people of Horizon Hills?
By the way, all the best on the IVF, best of luck to you.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Vincentck, i bought the 3 storey semi d (35x80) at the east golf and it cost me 1.85 m. It's 3800 sqf in land with golf view, but the golf side isnt that long bcoz it's facing the highway. The sale person brought me to another corner superlink terrace unit in the golf (it's arranged in a different way and there are only 8 lot there), this is actually a bumi lot and the owner want to sell it at 1.4 m, it has superb golf view! but oh wow.. 1.4m for a superlink! We also went to west golf and look at a few semi d (50x100), these units are up for resale at 1.8m as well and i remember these were sold at 1.4m a year ago.

Bro wuqi, congrats on your coming baby!! My wife is "reproductively challenged" and we are trying IVF now. Hopefully it will work out well with us.

I sincerely wish all the best for you, your wife and hope that she will have one for you. Don't be disheartened though, keep trying, i am sure you will succeed. We only truly stop trying when the last nail is nailed shut.

Thanks for your kind words, t was hard for me and my wife as well. 2 of my potential daughters/son didn't make it. I didn't blame anyone but myself then. Kind of like the lowest point of my life when both of these incidents happen. Felt so terrible. I would rather exchange every single car, houses, hobbies items, all the money in the bank, shares and investment in all 3 countries that i have if i could bring them back. I would.

I still cannot listen to this song without feeling emotional. This song applies to my life basically. You share things with people, whether shares or knowledge, give lifts to them, teach them stocks and shares, give them jobs and the minute your back is turned. Good luck to you. In the end, material counts for little to me, hence i am not being noble by refusing comms but rather i realised money isn't everything in this life.

Like i shared in the beginning, being no. 1 isn't everything to me. Why do i need to be no.1 or for that matter, my son. Hence he can be no.99 as long as he is happy. I rather he be a happy pauper than being forced into so much pressure that he cannot take it. There will always be excellent people but few are truly happy. Even if you reach the pinnacle, is one truly at peace or happy?

Again folks academic results is no indication of later life success or failure. Its just a sort of insurance and more importantly, not to just secure jobs but to really have them as educated adults to face this uncertain life.

http://youtu.be/dkoBCtMLn0A

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Icyraine,
Can you share with us why you chose the semi-d at East Golf facing highway instead of the ones in West Golf?
Are those resale semi-dees in West Golf being marketed by the sale people of Horizon Hills?
By the way, all the best on the IVF, best of luck to you.

Hi Investor, i don't think they are marketing it, mainly the agents unless some guys in HH are moonlighting.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
what is a safe way of converting sing dollars into ringgit ?..

the agent told me it is through the money changer... i bring $1k sing and convert there..
wa seh. if i bring 6 1k notes. convert to ringgit wont i be attention seeker?
it is cus convert from sing to ringgit through the bank gonna get sucks rate~~

One thing to do, if you must do it. Find one with a side door that allows you to change without
attracting too much attention.

There are a few rules i abide by.

Rules:

1. Trust no one and share with no one that you will be bringing cash
2. Refer to #1
3. Tell whoever is expecting payment from you that you will give them a cheque.
4. Change all at once. Never take big bags or envelopes. These are clear signs to would be robbers
5. Leave the place immediately once you change it.
6. Tell no one you are bringing cash. If you must tell them or they only accept it, don't be specific
on the timing. As much as possible, refer to Rule #2.
7. Never change large sums of money at the same money changer.
8. Never drive the same car to change money at the same money changer.
9. Come at different times and on different days. Never a regular date.

Most robbers target people who they know are changing lots of money. They usually hear this from
people around you who heard of you changing large sums of money.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi All,

today i went in with teck21 today.
He handled over 2% of the total property cost to the agent ...

then after that , i follow another agent and went to view the gateway unit.

he had shown me 700k nett gateway semi D..

then another 1 is intermediate unit, that is similar to the 480k unit at the gateway..

when i went it, it is pretty SMALL..

my expectation of JB house should be big, but it is rather small.. but well for 480k and a freehold what i expect.

the agent told me if the owner dont mind, then i can buy for <500k as a foreigner..
but i got to declare that i buy 480k unit and not 500k unit and i got to pay 5% of the 20k difference as tax to the government.

that will be 10k ringgit that will be around $420 sing.

pretty ok for me..

today came home to discuss with family members, i keep mentioning that the place is not as big as i thought...

but then my wife still want to go over..

should i move not? if yes.. this weekends, i can go over again to view the exact unit..

Hi bro, the 700k "semi-d" unit is definitely a cluster, how big was the dimensions of the terrace that they were showing you?
There are other terraces like 24 x 75 that is a good size to have. Space is important, always buy the biggest you can reasonably afford
if you are going to get a loan. Don't over stretch but this is for scalability reasons if all you are buying is just one and its for own stay,
you might as well get the largest possible if you intend to bring in family. If not, then something smaller but not too small that you would
want/need/have to upgrade after a couple of years.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Investor, i don't think they are marketing it, mainly the agents unless some guys in HH are moonlighting.

Thanks for your reply Wuqi. It's 2.05am already, have a good sleep :smile: Me going to JPO tomorrow afternoon with some friends, yay!

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I sincerely wish all the best for you, your wife and hope that she will have one for you. Don't be disheartened though, keep trying, i am sure you will succeed. We only truly stop trying when the last nail is nailed shut.

Thanks for your kind words, t was hard for me and my wife as well. 2 of my potential daughters/son didn't make it. I didn't blame anyone but myself then. Kind of like the lowest point of my life when both of these incidents happen. Felt so terrible. I would rather exchange every single car, houses, hobbies items, all the money in the bank, shares and investment in all 3 countries that i have if i could bring them back. I would.

I still cannot listen to this song without feeling emotional. This song applies to my life basically. You share things with people, whether shares or knowledge, give lifts to them, teach them stocks and shares, give them jobs and the minute your back is turned. Good luck to you. In the end, material counts for little to me, hence i am not being noble by refusing comms but rather i realised money isn't everything in this life.

Like i shared in the beginning, being no. 1 isn't everything to me. Why do i need to be no.1 or for that matter, my son. Hence he can be no.99 as long as he is happy. I rather he be a happy pauper than being forced into so much pressure that he cannot take it. There will always be excellent people but few are truly happy. Even if you reach the pinnacle, is one truly at peace or happy?

Again folks academic results is no indication of later life success or failure. Its just a sort of insurance and more importantly, not to just secure jobs but to really have them as educated adults to face this uncertain life.

http://youtu.be/dkoBCtMLn0A

Enjoyed reading your inner thoughts. Was touched by what you've shared above. But hey, cheer up bro :biggrin: I hope to know you in person one day bro. You are really a kind-hearted and wonderful guy.
I love that cantonese song too =)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This is pure priceless :smile:

And the Government is wondering how to get people to conceive more..... is in the environment for sure,helped by a big dose of kind heartedness and selflessness karma. Congrats bro!

Thanks a lot for your kind wishes. Its still early days so fingers crossed.

I am just helping people who have the "yuan" to be helped.
Those who don't will just dismiss or won't even bother to read.
Those who read may not understand and those who understand
may not see it our way.

I still have 3-4 people i regard as very close to my heart that have never
visited Johore before. Despite my best efforts, they never even came to
do shopping. No matter what you do, there will always be someone out there
who thinks its not possible, hidden agenda, etc. I guess that the conventional ideas
of being number 1, no free lunch are too deeply ingrained in us these days.
We must understand that the west are just begining to rediscover the meaning of altruism.

In the end though, we can only do so much sometimes. There are those you can help,
there are some you cannot help, one has to accept that.

Just like just now, i asked my wife to pass some money to an uncle cleaning
the tables when i was back in SG. Wife refused as she fears embarrassement in
case the uncle refuses. I have no such issue and passed it to him and told the uncle gently,
its for his coffee.

I then forget about the whole thing and did not look at him again as i did not want to embarrass
him.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for your reply Wuqi. It's 2.05am already, have a good sleep :smile: Me going to JPO tomorrow afternoon with some friends, yay!

Thanks, i will be there too with my family. Hope to see you there. Today was really hectic. Came in just now in the afternoon before going back. One of my friends gates was open as he forgot to lock it properly when rushing back to SG. Must have attracted some curious stares as i tried to close it for him but his gate latch is already locked shut so had to just swing it inside. Just now passed by, again open but saw from outside that the things he had outside were still unmolested. :smile:

a80241

Alfrescian
Loyal
what documents required to open a such bank account in Johor Malaysia and which bank it is for Singaporean? Thanks.
Just bought a condo in Bukit indah. Transfer the first money from Singapore bank to their banks. The exchange rate is only about 2.409 and 30$ per transfer last week against money exchange 2.439 at that time.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
What he meant was that he and his partner have no more units on hand in The Golf, other agents still have units for sale. PM me your email address if you want me to forward the mail from the other agent.

I have been checking with the HH sales staff regularly, and always been informed that they have nothing for links or clusters except the current launch at Hills due for completion after 2 years. And given the run-up in prices, wouldn'tthey won't mark up the prices of any such units if they came available. Seems to be a premium placed on buying direct from developer.

Seems to be market inefficiency, I'm wondering what is the cause/reason? Can bro Wuqi or others comment on the benefits of buying direct from developer, besides the defect liability protection?

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems to be market inefficiency, I'm wondering what is the cause/reason? Can bro Wuqi or others comment on the benefits of buying direct from developer, besides the defect liability protection?
There are many pros and cons which has been mentioned before.
I think main things are these....
- do you trust the developer or agent/seller more ?
- availability of units

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is a safe way of converting sing dollars into ringgit ?..

the agent told me it is through the money changer... i bring $1k sing and convert there..
wa seh. if i bring 6 1k notes. convert to ringgit wont i be attention seeker?
it is cus convert from sing to ringgit through the bank gonna get sucks rate~~

bro, as far as I know, the exchange rate (SGD to MYR) in Singapore is always better than in Johor.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro wuqi, sorry to hear about your loss... God has bless you with another child, so there is a reason to rejoice... take care and have a fantastic weekend. TGIF.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro wuji,

yesterday i was with teck21, whose is driving all the way from HH back to singapore.

i feel the journey quite long sia.. are u staying in HH all the while and work in sg?..

i google map and that is 38km apart from HH to my work place..

hmmm.....

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro YongLIp for your input, will look into those property you mentioned. Can I consult you later if got any questions.

Many thanks

"Consult" is the wrong word bro...we are all here to share and learn from each other...i think all bros here will be more than happy to give their 2 cents worth...

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.