• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is correct.
Sorry, bro Maxpark... correct about what? That the semi-d is in HH?

Hi Crystal! Congrats on your loan approval.
I'm vincent's neighbour in NI Precint 8 and will be hopefully getting my keys next year :smile:
Can't comment much on the security as we haven't stayed there yet. We're planning to stay there 24/7 though.
Hi neighbour... it's been a while since we heard from you on this forum. Have you gone to see your house lately? It's coming along nicely. And you have a great view from the road because of the construction road next to ur house... :smile:

the extra land also must maintain regulary... otherwise it will become wild grasses which are rather unsightly as seen in some houses.

But for those with green fingers, love gardening and outdoor spaces which is lacking in our motherland, it is a refreshing change in living environment.
I love the idea of more land because I can BBQ or play games or plant a mango tree to grow up strong and then build a tree-house for my kids...

Hi future neighbour

Haha , Precint 8A and 8B is under the same precint right ?
Did you get the corner unit ?
Yup, bro iamapseudoneem bought a corner unit; just behind my unit. So, we already know a forummer/future neighbour. I will be staying 24/7 too once my place is renovated.

Vincent bro
Mine uob flexi loan. They offered -2.3 -2.4 blr with or without mortgage insurance bought fr them.
Isee... flexi loan meaning u can deposit cash into ur current account to offset the total loan so that u pay less interest. That comes with RM10 monthly fee, right? I'm getting 2 offers from HLB and UOB. At the moment, HLB package of BLR-2.5% is more attractive. But I've yet to hear from the bbank oficer about my loan. Need to call them either Thur or Fri.

Hi,

Corner w bigger compound or semi d w bigger build up.? I think if u hv kids, bigger compound will b better, can make a cycling track, kids can ride or swaveboarding. Sandpit to keep them busy all day. Use pearl grass as some smarties had suggested n grow only easy to maintain plants, land.. Is something Singaporean short off. That's my personal op.
Totally agree with you Sanur. Or even have a basketball ring at the side of the house to shoot some hoops with them. Get them jumping and growing taller... hahah

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Toyota Hilux

I'm thinking thrice about getting high CG trucks..
Trucks are actually very good value for money in Malaysia.
Less of the total price goes towards vehicle tax so you get more metal for the money.

The other reason to consider a truck is passive safety.
There were three accidents within two months involving cars vs trucks where the drivers and pax of the cars were killed while truck drivers were relatively unscathed. These cases were head on collisions during overtaking on trunk roads in peninsula Malaysia. 4x4 trucks have higher ground clearance and higher departure angle for better climbing ability. Sadly when met head on, the trucks tend to climb over the bonnet of the average car bypassing the crumple zone and giving the passenger cells of your average car very little chance of maintaining integrity.

Other than Hilux and Triton, have a look at the powerful Nissan Navara which has a more carlike interior or you may wait for newer offerings like the latest Ford Ranger and VW Amarok if it ever gets here. Nevertheless don't expect them to ride as well as the average car, rear passengers may find it terribly bouncy. But who cares about them. You look more macho driving a truck while cars do give way quickly when you come charging from behind and seldom argue when you feel like changing lanes on a whim.

Last edited:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Vincentck,
The Coastal Highway is about to be fully operational soon. With the opening of Coastal Highway, cars travelling from 2nd link to Horizon Hills will exit Nusajaya and continue on Coastal Highway which starts immediately outside East Ledang and it'll only take 3 mins to reach Horizon Hills. With Coastal Highway, Bukit Indah will become an older Taman which is further from Sg as Nusajaya(from HH to East Ledang and Kota Iskandar) will be the brand new city.
Wow Bro investor, it sounds very near. I think NI will be able to benefit too since the next taman after HH is NI. But when we exit at 307C, NI is the first area for us, so either highway should be fine. Can't wait for the Coastal highway to fully open so that I can check it out.

Of course if compare with hsbc or rhb its pricey...i got offered by public bank at -2.5 lock in 5 yrs at 80%loan..uob willg to offer 90% loan at -2.3-2.4 lock in 3yrs. So i take one wif least cash outlay so more cash for reno. Anyway after 3 yrs can renego. Do ur sums and go wif wat u r comfy with. My Mthly rm3k+++. wif average exchange 2.4rm per 1$, i am happy for now.
Wah, I didn't know UOB offers 3 yrs lock-in only. That's quite good because it allows us to re-finance should the BLR change in that time.

Hi Narmi

Thanks for the advise
Since your monthly is 3k , i assumed u bought semi d bungalow.....
So you start paying mortgage full loan once loan approved ?
I thought can just pay for the interest first....
It should be interest-only until completion of the property, which is also when 100% of the loan would have been disbursed by the bank. Before that, we'll be paying interest for the loan that has been disbursed; and if you have a flexi loan with enough cash in ur current account to match the loan disbursed, then it should be zero interest.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wa, very confused with N1, costal highway n the new highway everyone's talking about, no toll n from danga bay. The way I travelled, out of tuas an exit 312D wats that known as??

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Toyota Hilux

Trucks are actually very good value for money in Malaysia.
Less of the total price goes towards vehicle tax so you get more metal for the money.

The other reason to consider a truck is passive safety.
There were three accidents within two months involving cars vs trucks where the drivers and pax of the cars were killed while truck drivers were relatively unscathed. These cases were head on collisions during overtaking on trunk roads in peninsula Malaysia. 4x4 trucks have higher ground clearance and higher departure angle for better climbing ability. Sadly when met head on, the trucks tend to climb over the bonnet of the average car bypassing the crumple zone and giving the passenger cells of your average car very little chance of maintaining integrity.

Other than Hilux and Triton, have a look at the powerful Nissan Navara which has a more carlike interior or you may wait for newer offerings like the latest Ford Ranger and VW Amarok if it ever gets here. Nevertheless don't expect them to ride as well as the average car, rear passengers may find it terribly bouncy. But who cares about them. You look more macho driving a truck while cars do give way quickly when you come charging from behind and seldom argue when you feel like changing lanes on a whim.

I'm really impressed! If you are in the line of sales, you'll definitely be in the 'top earners category' :biggrin: I guess you are someone in a high profession like lawyer, doctor, director, high ranking civil servant or maybe business owner. Thank you so much for sharing in details with us again. You've just changed my mind once again. I'll definitely be getting a truck now but I will not drive too fast so as to avoid having all 4 wheels facing the sky :biggrin:

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow Bro investor, it sounds very near. I think NI will be able to benefit too since the next taman after HH is NI. But when we exit at 307C, NI is the first area for us, so either highway should be fine. Can't wait for the Coastal highway to fully open so that I can check it out.

We should do some research and know all the future changes and developments so that we know which are the best developments to invest in.

Just by a rough estimation(because I've not travelled on the part of Coaster Highway from EL to HH yet);
Distance from EL to HH via 2nd Link Highway - 15km
Distance from EL to HH via Coaster Highway - 2km

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm quite curious to know roughly how many people have already purchased, or intend to purchase, property/ies in Iskandar Region(residential & commercial).
So shall we start a list of forummers nicks and see how long the list can go? (hope those 'guests' without account in sammyboy will also register and join the fun).
Let me start, but with respect to Wuqi the thread starter, I'll state his nick first;
(Please copy this whole post. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste this post in your reply and add your nick to the list)

*For those who don't know which estate your development is in, just state the development's name. Eg. Leisure Farm, Setia Eco Garden etc.
1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya
2. Analytical Professor - Kempas
3. Investor - Nusajaya

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm quite curious to know roughly how many people have already invested(or intend to invest) in Iskandar's properties(residential & commercial).
So shall we start a list of forummers nicks and see how long the list can go? (hope those 'guests' without account in sammyboy will also register and join the list).
Let me start, but with respect to Wuqi the thread starter, I'll state his nick first;
(Please copy this whole post. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste this post in your reply and add your nick
1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya
3. Investor - Nusajaya

Hi investor,

That's a great idea, please let me know leisure farm is under which cat ?thanjs

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi investor,

That's a great idea, please let me know leisure farm is under which cat ?thanjs

Maybe can state as Leisure Farm since it's such a big estate by itself and it's not under Nusajaya(more like surrounded by Nusajaya). :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm quite curious to know roughly how many people have already purchased, or intend to purchase, property/ies in Iskandar Region(residential & commercial).
So shall we start a list of forummers nicks and see how long the list can go? (hope those 'guests' without account in sammyboy will also register and join the fun).
(Please copy this whole post. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste this post in your reply and add your nick to the list)

*For those who don't know which estate your development is in, just state the development's name. Eg. Leisure Farm, Setia Eco Garden etc.
1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya
3. Investor - Nusajaya
4. Sanur - Leisure Farm

Last edited:

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm quite curious to know roughly how many people have already invested(or intend to invest) in Iskandar's properties(residential & commercial).
So shall we start a list of forummers nicks and see how long the list can go? (hope those 'guests' without account in sammyboy will also register and join the list).

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya
3. Investor - Nusajaya

I don't have extra cash to invest but purchase as a resident does it count?

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya
2. Analytical Professor - Kempa
3. Investor - Nusajaya
4. Sanur- Leisure farm
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya
3. Investor - Nusajaya
4. Sanur - Leisure farm

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya
2. Analytical Professor - Kempa
3. Investor - Nusajaya
4. Sanur- Leisure farm
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi people,

My personal network of friends are looking into buying land in Ledang Heights to build our own bungalows either to stay or rent out. IF you have any experience of doing so, please do PM me. I know Mallow did build his own bungalow and I am looking to check out more info from various owners.

So for investment wise, what's your take between getting a bungalow with golf course view in The Hills VS Ledang Heights(own build)?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
List of forummers who have already purchased, or intend to purchase, property/ies in Iskandar Region(residential & commercial).
Let's see how long the list can go(hope those 'guests' without account in sammyboy will also register and join the fun).

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya
3. Investor - Nusajaya
4. Sanur - Leisure farm

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi people,

My personal network of friends are looking into buying land in Ledang Heights to build our own bungalows either to stay or rent out. IF you have any experience of doing so, please do PM me. I know Mallow did build his own bungalow and I am looking to check out more info from various owners.

Hi horizonhill

May I know how much psf? My friend looking too. Thanks

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
List of forummers who have already purchased, or intend to purchase, property/ies in Iskandar Region(residential & commercial).
Let's see how long the list can go(hope those 'guests' without account in sammyboy will also register and join the fun).

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya
3. Investor - Nusajaya
4. Sanur - Leisure farm
8.tansi - Leisure Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.