• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Nusa Idaman

I think I saw it was offered to P7b. If P7b can get, think it will be offered to the semi-d also. The lake front is surely nice and breath taking. With the park and the exercise equipments right in front. I just can't get over the idea upon entering the main door, my kitchen and toilet are there to welcome me lol. Although I understand the concept, just need time to adjust and adapt it :biggrin:
NI if buying the semi-D, one gets the HH golf membership for free, if I recall correctly.
Was interested in one of the units there facing the Lake but alas, the only unit I had wanted, was a Bumi unit and sold... pity.

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal

Orchard Road somemore... pengz... you gotta check if the area is susceptible to water ponding :biggrin:

My version:
1) HH - Thomson800, ThomsonGrand... (golf course view, tucked at one corner!)
2) LF - Black & White government bungalows around Mount Pleasant vicinity (oasis on its own!)
3) Nusa Duta - Citylights and condos around Lavender area (near to amenities!)
4) Nusa Idaman - Eunos, Paya Lebar (quite convenient, have mosque!)
5) Nusa Sentral - Pasir Ris, Loyang (in the land of nowhere!)
6) Bestari Heights - Bedok Court (large but old fashion!)
7) Setia EcoGarden - ChuaChuKang
8) Setia Tropika - condos around Bedok Reservoir

Don't flame me... just for fun !!

brother Lemans2011, you are the man :smile: Happy New Year. Haha i was thinking someone will reply with the orchard road flooding opps, "ponding" rejoinder...

Last edited:

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
DREAMorACTION said:
What else would u normally like to achieve/gather from each of the forum mentioned, besides appealing to us about the hidden gem? :wink:

I would also like to learn from you guys which IDs you use or would recommend in JB? I'm looking for one in the next 6 months...

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Orchard Road somemore... pengz... you gotta check if the area is susceptible to water ponding :biggrin:

My version:
2) LF - Black & White government bungalows around Mount Pleasant vicinity (oasis on its own!)

Let's hold out for the the Sixth Avenue developments to come then!
Or is there a Binjai Park around?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's utterly horrific to have read this. It's indeed sad a life is taken this unfortunate way. May he rest in peace and hope u can wipe out the scene and recompose yourself soon. Take it easy bro

I thought today is the first day I am working in Spore ( even though its a public holiday ) and life could have been easier.

Nah, I stayed overnight in a hotel in Taman Sutera Utama and returned via the trunk road of Lima Kedai ( near Taman Sri Orchid and Scientex ) and was rather shocked to see a jam. Normally there wouldnt be any jams, somemore today is a public holidays.

After struck in the slow moving jam for 30 minutes, I saw a policeman and later more policemen around the bend full of gravel and stones. It seems that a motorbike had skidded.

I saw the bike and alas as I was driving thru the snaking bends in turtle speed of about 5km/hour, I saw the dead motionless body still struck within the mangled bike. The head was crushed and the scene is terribly horrible. The policeman guarding the body looked as if he wanted to puke and faint with all the blood oozing over the ground. Three senior policemen and a few others were using measuring tape to conduct the investigation.

A very bad moment to start my year. I hope all of you drive and ride carefully! Never speed. This is a windy bend and in front of the bend there are gravels which could make u lose control just like that.

RIP

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
A few announcements rumoured to be:

1) Easier access and connectivity between two countries such as a third link.. or expansion of the current causeway or MRTs etc etc. Even got SBS buses running 2nd link into Nusajaya from Singapore.
2) Sporeans living in Iskandar do not need passport to enter or leave Spore and Iskandar.
3) An exclusive high-end residence and taman in Medini owned 50-50 by both T and K. Can pay by CPF.
4) Singapore to be part of Malaysia. Lee Hsien Loong will be DPM. PM Najib salary will be S$300,000 ( from S$10,000 currently )

What about the use of CPF monies for purchase of properties in Iskandar since the use of it for medical purposes is already in place. Now that would get all of us excited, don't you think?

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about the use of CPF monies for purchase of properties in Iskandar since the use of it for medical purposes is already in place. Now that would get all of us excited, don't you think?

Yeah...that would be an excellent idea...
I recalled previously, one can withdraw money from his/her CPF account to finance oversea's properties but this practice was stopped due to some reasons...

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah...that would be an excellent idea...
I recalled previously, one can withdraw money from his/her CPF account to finance oversea's properties but this practice was stopped due to some reasons...

This would also go some way in the resolution of a thorny bilateral issue where the SG Govt repeatedly refused the early withdrawal of CPF monies for West Malaysians.

I think these people would welcome the use of the funds for property investment rather than keeping it in an inflation retard institution like CPF.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi
Went to check out d progress of my hse this morning at ni (p4b)at 930am. Saw a few cars already at ni salez office. Was amazed at d speed of construction of P8 since i went 1mth ago. Cway was clear on both sides. Got a barber haircut at Perling area for a total of rm18 (1A2C). In sg sorry to say not enuf for 1A cos d avg cost is $10.
Counting d days to be really able to 'living in jb' :wink:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Happy new year brother Vincent :smile:

Was at NI:8 yesterday. NI:8A is completing very well :wink:. Saw some S-plated cars and was chatting with the misses wonder is it Crystal_Tiong or Vincentck or DreamorAction or etc. ? :biggrin:

Hmm, I went there saw Msia cars only. Was there around 2pm or so.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy New Year everyone!!!

I just came back from JB after re-visiting the 6 developments I mentioned. HH is probably one of a few which has increased its price substantially across the entire spectrum. All current launches including Clusters, Condos, Super-Links, Semi Dees, Bungalows have increased in prices.

And I am super delighted to know HH is currently selling the same unit type I purchased at about 42.5% higher than the price listed in my SPA signed just 6 months ago.

I am very satisfied with a 6 months 40% paper gain, what more, the bumi units are probably not released yet, so another round of price increase is expected. And I thought this price is crazy, but after checking with similar units in other tamans (I shall not name), I found out that this price is comparable to the prices in other tamans. So it should be sustainable lah! :biggrin:

Sorry for being such a bull. I am a dragon (Crystal Jie, in case you're still wondering) and I hope it will be a good year ahead for everyone!

I shall review positively on the other developments I have viewed.

First one we went to is Besteri Heights, So far I think less than 20 percent of international lots are still available, they have increased more than 100+k over the one year since they launched. If you are looking for convenience and reasonable price with good interior quality, I think this is very decent.

Next we went to Nusa Duta, but probably because they have almost sold out the current phrases, they decided not to open on the eve of New Year. Went in to have a re-tour of the precinct and have seen many new home owners moved in with very extensive renovations. Some are very tasteful indeed. Too bad the sales unit wasn't open.

Next we went to Setia Bukit Indah. Enquired about the new cluster precinct called Garden Villa, starting price should be around 888, 000 before discount, quite a tasteful exterior, but for those who have dealt with Setia you will know the quality. Also checked out Sky Loft, prices have remained the same, about 480-600 psf up for remaining units. High price due to higher floors left. But I also recalled they have not launched the bumi units, so probably will expect more price movements. Also quite a sell out for international units with more than 80% taken. In my opinion, I think the specs given (esp floor tiles) can be better to justify the price. What I like about this development is it's location next to commercial developments.

Then we went to Nusa Idaman! overall as what many brothers and sisters have mentioned, this is a very good development. It has good quality and finishes, being located between Bukit Indah and Horizon Hills, it definitely has more room to move. Was confirmed that the 10k promotion has ended. There are still good units available up for grabs. There is a good discussion and review on this development, I can't agree more with brothers and sisters here on your views. If I am buying for own stay, I will consider this for its peaceful, natural setting, and I will also consider Nusa Duta for it's design, master plan and convenience.

Lastly, we went to East Ledang (Impiana). Also one of the top picks for long term investments, being close to 2nd link, Educity and Medini. Definitely one to look at for those who have confidence in Nusajaya and is here for the long term. Price is at a premium compared to similar developments, but can be justified in long term. I would consider if I have holding power like many of the brothers and sisters here! Also got the chance to check out the under con Ujana, it definitely looks good after a good paint!

Last edited:

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
This would also go some way in the resolution of a thorny bilateral issue where the SG Govt repeatedly refused the early withdrawal of CPF monies for West Malaysians.

I think these people would welcome the use of the funds for property investment rather than keeping it in an inflation retard institution like CPF.

Imagine if Singaporeans and Malaysians alike are allowed to withdraw their CPF monies to purchase properties in IM...woww....
Is this going to be one of the significant joint announcement which LHL and Najib will be announcing soon?? :biggrin:

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine if Singaporeans and Malaysians alike are allowed to withdraw their CPF monies to purchase properties in IM...woww....
Is this going to be one of the significant joint announcement which LHL and Najib will be announcing soon?? :biggrin:

Hope this will happen in long run, but it's not quite possible to allow outflow of CPF monies now. Govt needs to cushion a possible property crash/softening locally.

I do hope it's something on 3rd link, or some means to speed up clearing of customs for us. The causeways are the bottlenecks now.

FleeToMalaysia

What a wonderful website !! Thanks for all the advice. I seek your 'ultimate' advice : anyone with a reliable and nice to deal with lawyer to help me with my resale transaction? Would appreciate your advice.
I am keen to get a unit at Senibong ( yes its polluted and sometimes smells )

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah, very long time before it can even be seriously considered, if ever, the use of CPF money to buy property there. Probably something related to connectivity again.

BTW, anyone know if HH has a driving range? Or whether there's any driving range around there? Cannot be no right? So many golf courses there.

Thanks.

They always have temporary driving rage during Iskandar Open at HH because it is a requirement. Also i remember someone asked about phone reception in HH, I was able to receive M1 service in Gateway, certain parts of the house.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Give it to the ah Meng, don't fight even if you can beat him flat... Not worth it.

In Singapore it is a different story. One Lao ah Meng honked at my car for being slow and at the traffic Junction, he lowered his window and stared and me. Immediately I opened my car door and charged directly at him.. This chao ah beng so scared and immediately drove off even it is red light.. Never see such a chao coward..

Hi vincentck,

thanks for your sharing.
I went to Nusa Idaman today and I did not feel the X-Factor as I felt in Horizon Hill.
There was just a wow factor in HH. It could be the golf course that makes me us feel so. The advantage of NI is the price about 20% cheaper.
Today my wife said: She still prefers to retire in Singapore hahaha
Because everything is so near. Over there we may have nice luxury greenery,low density housing. But after awhile she'll feel bored and would also like to walk out to buy some groceries.
And she feels it is inconvenient to do that in Malaysia.

We had a bad experience today in JUSCO.
There was an Ahbeng Malaysian which took over our parking slot while I tried to reverse park my car.
I went out and I asked him why he did so. He said, he has been watching the slot from far away. Yes, I said that means the whole carpark belong to u just by watching while our car was nearest to the slot.
Anyway if I didn't bring my wife and son. I would probably whack him with my Rattan Stick which I bought in Melacca
View attachment 3301

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy New Year everyone!!!

I just came back from JB after re-visiting the 6 developments I mentioned. HH is probably one of a few which has increased its price substantially across the entire spectrum. All current launches including Clusters, Condos, Super-Links, Semi Dees, Bungalows have increased in prices.

And I am super delighted to know HH is currently selling the same unit type I purchased at about 42.5% higher than the price listed in my SPA signed just 6 months ago.

I am very satisfied with a 6 months 40% paper gain, what more, the bumi units are probably not released yet, so another round of price increase is expected. And I thought this price is crazy, but after checking with similar units in other tamans (I shall not name), I found out that this price is comparable to the prices in other tamans. So it should be sustainable lah! :biggrin:

Sorry for being such a bull. I am a dragon (Crystal Jie, in case you're still wondering) and I hope it will be a good year ahead for everyone!

I shall review positively on the other developments I have viewed.

First one we went to is Besteri Heights, So far I think less than 20 percent of international lots are still available, they have increased more than 100+k over the one year since they launched. If you are looking for convenience and reasonable price with good interior quality, I think this is very decent.

Next we went to Nusa Duta, but probably because they have almost sold out the current phrases, they decided not to open on the eve of New Year. Went in to have a re-tour of the precinct and have seen many new home owners moved in with very extensive renovations. Some are very tasteful indeed. Too bad the sales unit wasn't open.

Next we went to Setia Bukit Indah. Enquired about the new cluster precinct called Garden Villa, starting price should be around 888, 000 before discount, quite a tasteful exterior, but for those who have dealt with Setia you will know the quality. Also checked out Sky Loft, prices have remained the same, about 480-600 psf up for remaining units. High price due to higher floors left. But I also recalled they have not launched the bumi units, so probably will expect more price movements. Also quite a sell out for international units with more than 80% taken. In my opinion, I think the specs given (esp floor tiles) can be better to justify the price. What I like about this development is it's location next to commercial developments.

Then we went to Nusa Idaman! overall as what many brothers and sisters have mentioned, this is a very good development. It has good quality and finishes, being located between Bukit Indah and Horizon Hills, it definitely has more room to move. Was confirmed that the 10k promotion has ended. There are still good units available up for grabs. There is a good discussion and review on this development, I can't agree more with brothers and sisters here on your views. If I am buying for own stay, I will consider this for its peaceful, natural setting, and I will also consider Nusa Duta for it's design, master plan and convenience.

Lastly, we went to East Ledang (Impiana). Also one of the top picks for long term investments, being close to 2nd link, Educity and Medini. Definitely one to look at for those who have confidence in Nusajaya and is here for the long term. Price is at a premium compared to similar developments, but can be justified in long term. I would consider if I have holding power like many of the brothers and sisters here! Also got the chance to check out the under con Ujana, it definitely looks good after a good paint!

Good for you bro,...doing your homework.

When i first bought a house in JB,..my initial plan was to have a weekend home partly so that my kids can have an spacious environment away from the evils of TV and internet. So i told myself just buy one landed at a ok location can liao and at close to the min RM500K+. Dont waste so much monies..just in case things doesnt work out. I dont see it as investing rather as an alternate location to play and retire.

However over the last couple of months, i have visited multiple developments such as Educity, Puteri Harbour, Kota Iskandar etc and I realise my objective is slowing changing. Indeed one can read about all their grand plans on paper/internet/forum etc but the impact of what the Msians are planning and doing doesnt really hit you until you are walking the grounds, smelling the air and seeing it with your own two eyes.

So i am seriously thinking of buying another property in JB to invest this time round....most likely to be a condo.

cheers.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is Digi suck? It seemed each call is at 36ct rm in JB? I am very puzzled..why so expensive..

Oh not ideal mah. My boss always call me. I can't say, wait boss, I'll call u back. Worse using different number some more haha. In view that I dont wanna risk and lose my job, better enhance the signal for my sg phone lor. I have a digi line ATM. Let me go explore celcom too :-)

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Com'on, you miss to write down your East Ledang.. :smile:

My version:
9) east ledang - jurong west..( because equally near to tuas 2nd link ...Hee Hee..just joking only..)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.