• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha... got to buy a local car..for peace of mind..

I just got this msg from e-mail...those interested to have van sharing can contact the person personally. I won't be needing it yet.

====================================

our 2nd new van will start in Aug
Details:
2 timing:
our pick up pt @ bkt indah r'about(the parking lot beside the setia office)@ 6.45am--> tuas custom 7.05-10(must depends of custom Q)-->opp Tuas interchg(after custom)-->jrg east mrt @7.40am.

knock off time: 6.20pm & 6.50pm @jrg east mrt-> tuas->bkt indah @ 7.15pm & 7.45pm

rate: sg$180 per month(mon-fri,to & fro)

consider fetch fr home in tmn bukit indah area. (sg$200)

br,
rachel
[email protected]
==================================================

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
I called one TT company this morning and talking to some bankers on how to bring money to Malaysia...
This daily 10K limit is really a big inconvenience for foreigners... I am wondering in future if we need to bring money out of Malaysia, what kind of trouble will the foreigners like to be subjected to..
I still don't have good solution.. Is it easier to TT money into foreign bank like HSBC or local bank like Maybank, RHB, Public etc?

Hi Arsenal, if I remember correctly, you bought a unit at HH. We have telegraphic transferred a few times to HH without any problem and will continue to do so, I think just as long as the Money Exchange company you engage is licensed and authorized, there shouldn't be much problem.

T/T to your own account in foreign bank also has the 10K limit, so unless your wife is Malaysian and has a Malaysian account, or you should just telegraphic transfer to HH directly.

4 things to note when transfering to HH.

1) When you applied for t/t, you will fill up the application form, remember to write your unit number, name & contact number, and precinct. (we only mentioned name and contact number, they had to verify the unit and purchase price to check the down payment amount)

2) Make a copy of the app form you have filled up and ask for statement/receipt if possible. (we didn't)

3) Follow up with Angie from the marketing department or customer care office. I don't think it is her jobscope, but she helped us anyway, I've never gone to the customer care office so I do not know how they operate.

4) Within the week, a staff will call you to ask for a statement (I can't remember what is this statement called). But you can request from the t/t agency (they will fax to you). This is a proof/statement from Public Bank that tells you they have received the amount from you, payable to HH. Then you need to bring this copy to the marketing department or customer care office. (opens only on weekdays). And once they have verified, they will issue you a receipt/invoice and send a letter to inform you they have received the down payment. :biggrin:

Hope this helps. :smile:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am not wrong the rules are quite simply -

TT to own account if you are non-malaysian ...limit to RM10K daily
TT to company registered in malaysia or malaysian account ...no limit.

I have no problem TT above RM10K to developer bank a/c.
For case one, find a M'sian frenz you can trust.....but then will it be penny wise pound foolish ?

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh u mean Angie is in charge of this too? Is she based at the basement of the sales office? Big boob girl?

haha, yes i'm refering to the one based near the gym/swimming pool below sales office. She doesn't work on Saturdays, but have come back 2-3 times to help us collect the down payment (cash or t/t receipt). Really appreciate her help.

I get a little confused here too, she's the one who always inform us about next payment and help us arrange to sign S&P with lawyer. But she also told us we could go directly to the customer care centre to make payment on our own. So probably she's just helping us even though it's not part of her job. :smile: I find the staffs all very easy to deal with, and very helpful.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Lastresort bro,

Yes.. In this case I'll TT money to Horizon directly.. and I'll see how to settle with the bank loan officer on what amount to pay HH and what amount to put into my local bank account for other use..

Next I am going to look for the big boob girl..

Cheeers

Hi Arsenal, if I remember correctly, you bought a unit at HH. We have telegraphic transferred a few times to HH without any problem and will continue to do so, I think just as long as the Money Exchange company you engage is licensed and authorized, there shouldn't be much problem.

T/T to your own account in foreign bank also has the 10K limit, so unless your wife is Malaysian and has a Malaysian account, or you should just telegraphic transfer to HH directly.

4 things to note when transfering to HH.

1) When you applied for t/t, you will fill up the application form, remember to write your unit number, name & contact number, and precinct. (we only mentioned name and contact number, they had to verify the unit and purchase price to check the down payment amount)

2) Make a copy of the app form you have filled up and ask for statement/receipt if possible. (we didn't)

3) Follow up with Angie from the marketing department or customer care office. I don't think it is her jobscope, but she helped us anyway, I've never gone to the customer care office so I do not know how they operate.

4) Within the week, a staff will call you to ask for a statement (I can't remember what is this statement called). But you can request from the t/t agency (they will fax to you). This is a proof/statement from Public Bank that tells you they have received the amount from you, payable to HH. Then you need to bring this copy to the marketing department or customer care office. (opens only on weekdays). And once they have verified, they will issue you a receipt/invoice and send a letter to inform you they have received the down payment. :biggrin:

Hope this helps. :smile:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems that the criminals are starting to notice the trend of Sporeans flocking to Nusajaya area. My advice is for you to dump your S-plate car in your house and travel around Malaysia in a Wira/Waja. That would reduce the attention significantly.

Sigh... bcos i cannot afford to spend money on another car..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Definitely true about the relaxation of rules especially for the 9 sectors in Iskandar but for businesses where you need certain licensing, you may be required to have 1 MY partner.

Sigh... bcos i cannot afford to spend money on another car..

Bro LeMans, you can definitely afford. Get a 2nd hand one, some as cheaply as 4k RM. As you are a Malaysian, you may be able to get 100% loan off either a new or 2nd hand car. Its definitely doable.
Most folks however encourage you to pay in cash if you are getting a 2nd car below 20k RM

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Angie has been really hardworking over the year.. But no one recognise her diligence.. but I mentioned about the booby thingy, suddenly she has gained some recognition. :smile:

Please dont go into the department and start ogling at the boobs of those ladies there. The last thing we want is a fellow forummer posting that he is detained and out on bail in Johor court.

Thanks for sharing HH, stars like her should get the recognition she deserves. Would you mind if i forward your kind comments (excluding boobies) to their Chairman?
Last i heard, ogling/admiring is still not a crime yet(not yet anyway) :smile:

If you believe what the article below says, it may be even be good for you:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/10-M...rolongs-Man-039-s-Life-by-5-Years-72490.shtml

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing HH, stars like her should get the recognition she deserves. Would you mind if i forward your kind comments (excluding boobies) to their Chairman?
Last i heard, ogling/admiring is still not a crime yet(not yet anyway) :smile:

If you believe what the article below says, it may be even be good for you:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/10-M...rolongs-Man-039-s-Life-by-5-Years-72490.shtml

Woo , I am going to start staring at booby for 10mins a day ! Those on internet got count or not ? How to stare at the real thing without getting into trouble ? haha

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
I get the impression that you could PM someone, could someone tell me how to PM when you do not have the person's email address. Thanks

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good people, I am organizing for a lorry to come in on Thursday that will be carrying in donated used furniture in very good condition: this is for Rajamanikam's shelter for really badly disabled children and adults at Saleng and Noah's Ark for abandoned animals in Ulu Choh. The Bali Babes will bear the cost of the transport.
If you have or know of anyone with more than 5 things at one location [it is RM$50 per additional location] to donate, please PM me.
Looking at cupboards, chairs, living room sofas, tables, shelves, beds [mattresses good, but must be clean and sanitary], desks etc.

Sometimes, for those who have new tenants who want new stuff, it may be cheaper to donate the things if they are being collected than to ask for a mover to take things away for disposal.

Thanks eveybody

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good people, I am organizing for a lorry to come in on Thursday that will be carrying in donated used furniture in very good condition: this is for Rajamanikam's shelter for really badly disabled children and adults at Saleng and Noah's Ark for abandoned animals in Ulu Choh. The Bali Babes will bear the cost of the transport.
If you have or know of anyone with more than 5 things at one location [it is RM$50 per additional location] to donate, please PM me.
Looking at cupboards, chairs, living room sofas, tables, shelves, beds [mattresses good, but must be clean and sanitary], desks etc.

Sometimes, for those who have new tenants who want new stuff, it may be cheaper to donate the things if they are being collected than to ask for a mover to take things away for disposal.
Thanks everybody

By the way, what is popular also is multiples of Tshirts with outdated logos or messages eg given for free for a company outing. The two homes have male staff who do heavy work, so these are very useful for them as they wear out fast and the workers do not have to buy their own. Any colour, cotton or cotton mix preferred - absorbs sweat. Thanks again.

Email me at [email protected] or PM me.

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
btw, anyone knows any reputable car workshop close to Horizon Hills or within Nusajaya region? Any places with reasonable prices to change tyres?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
btw, anyone knows any reputable car workshop close to Horizon Hills or within Nusajaya region? Any places with reasonable prices to change tyres?

About 20 pages back, there was a list of reputable guys including car workshop.
You can go to Overseas Tyre (near to the Station One cafe located at Bukit Indah), it sports a yellow sign board. I use them all the time.

Drops of Jupiter

Alfrescian
Loyal
About 20 pages back, there was a list of reputable guys including car workshop.
You can go to Overseas Tyre (near to the Station One cafe located at Bukit Indah), it sports a yellow sign board. I use them all the time.

Check post #7171 onwards. (it's actually more than 20 pgs back)
I'd found this so useful that I cut and pasted them onto a word document.
Thanks Wuqi for the contacts!

wesel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone advise on the price of Curtains for a full 3-storey semis? The first time I went to ask at Nusa Bestari, the boss told us its RM 10K and above for sure. That really shocks us. ITs not that high quality material, just shield against the sun.

My auntie who was with us told us that her 2 storey terrace at Tangkak cost her just RM 600+.. went to buy materials, do measurements and then get some other auntie to sew.

I just cant believe that my 3 storey can be rm10k and more when my condo in Singapore cost just RM 1300..IF its RM 3000 I can still accept.. anyway its for 2nd and 3rd storey only.. 1st floor dont even need any curtain!

你好, 我的双层排楼也要rm6500.我相信一分钱一分货,当然气派也是一个关键,不可能semi-D用pasar malam货吧?

Status
Not open for further replies.