• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Winners, thats why I've also been buying into Malaysia too (not just JB) - in case things dont quite work out for us in Singapore in future, exactly just like you said - apart from the strong belief that it is great place to invest right now.

I'm not any scholar or some corporate high flyer or anything like that... but through several years of savings, prudent investments, etc, I have and I am sure many here too, been able to own properties in Singapore and overseas.

That's my earlier message too : that for most countries, generally only the Top 5-10% of the population will have the means to invest overseas ...

Whereas for many of the middle class in Singapore (not to mention the rich), if they choose to do so, they should have the means to own a property or two in Malaysia or China or Thailand or USA or Australia, etc... do you stop to ask yourselves why and how was this made possible?

Therefore, I think we should be just a little tad thankful for what we have had and achieved, coming from Singapore - thats all I said.
I did not ask for any validation nor agreement, just stating my personal viewpoints in an open forum but obviously, I did not expect such strong reactions and negativity as well.

Singapore is definitely NOT perfect, far from it... but if there is anywhere that is perfect, please let me know... haha.
I'm not sure if its due to a chip or two on the shoulders thingy issue for some here... but to hear all these continual bashing, put-downs, moralising and belittlements about Singapore and every tiny warts and all, is a bit of a stretch and frankly, tiresome.

Good luck mate, wish you well in your JB journey too.
Cheers!

Hi maxpark,

Congrats on your success. No doubt you work very hard to achieve what you have now.

I believed you have totally understood the workings of capitalism where you accumulate capital and at the same time grow the capital into a mountain through time.
As you correctly pointed out only only top 5-10% have the capital to invest in properties overseas, the balance 90-95% would not.

Therefore, it is this imbalance in the capitalist society that enables this situation or opportunity. It is neither a fair or unfair situation if you are in the majority group instead of in the minority capitalist group.

So, the message here is "capitalism is great!" for those who have made it and too bad for those who moan.
Is this good or rather capitalism is good for our society?

However, there is no choice as even China and Russia have changed.
In China, I was in a friend's car passing a human push cart at the side of the highway.
Imagine that was only a few years ago. What a shock!

Food for thought.

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct about west Malaysian. Incorrect for Sg citizen.

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/my-cpf/Overseas/LivO9.htm

I think section 2 refers to the citizen. Note the part about "no returning to Sg and west Malaysia". So strict! We have no way out ...

Thanks for correcting me so options is either Thailand, East Malaysia or Indonesia for nearby countries.
I think Thailand do have a long term retirement stay for foreigners aged 50 and above but still it is more than 800km away.

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct about west Malaysian. Incorrect for Sg citizen.

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/my-cpf/Overseas/LivO9.htm

I think section 2 refers to the citizen. Note the part about "no returning to Sg and west Malaysia". So strict! We have no way out ...

Bro, no lar...can still return...

"Refund of CPF

If you are an ex-Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident (PR) and wish to return as a PR again, you would need to refund the full CPF amount you had previously withdrawn. A Letter of Clearance would then be issued to you for your submission to the Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) for completion of the PR formalities."

But I was informed that you need to not only refund the CPF monies but also the compunded interests....
Sigh~~~~ but this is my money what???

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If u really plan together Malaysia PR or citizenship, I think the easiest way is be a Muslim and have a Malay name then maybe they will take u in? As their country name itself already ........

Malaysia.... Place for Malays...... Sia!!! How good it can change its name ??

Maybe sialayma! :eek::biggrin:

Be respectful please now that u set foot on JB soil.

Anyway ur assumptions on the above are all rojak...no pun intended tere..

Bro, no lar...can still return...

"Refund of CPF

If you are an ex-Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident (PR) and wish to return as a PR again, you would need to refund the full CPF amount you had previously withdrawn. A Letter of Clearance would then be issued to you for your submission to the Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) for completion of the PR formalities."

But I was informed that you need to not only refund the CPF monies but also the compunded interests....
Sigh~~~~ but this is my money what???

Return as a PR...not as a pink card holder.

Last edited:

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be respectful please now that u set foot on JB soil.

Anyway ur assumptions on the above are all rojak...no pun intended tere..

Return as a PR...not as a pink card holder.

To my limited knowledge...in this region, the one country which allows someone who has renounce his/her birth citizenship for another; and only to return to apply for his/her birth citizenship years later is the Philippines. True?

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perak is also not too bad.
Nice food, clean water and lots of pretty girls.
They say the prettiest ones come from Perak.
Congrats for marrying one.

Yeah, especially the leggy mini-skirted sales promoters at those pomelo stalls near the famous temples in Ipoh. :biggrin:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To my limited knowledge...in this region, the one country which allows someone who has renounce his/her birth citizenship for another; and only to return to apply for his/her birth citizenship years later is the Philippines. True?

Dont have much knowledge on PinoyLand leh. Only sikit on BolehLand.:biggrin:

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ni.JPG

Couple of wks ago, went to this precinct.

Beautiful tasik, beautiful lake view.:smile::(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.