• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

There are so many roads and infrastructure projects in JB... ... Before that happen, we need to gear up and buy more properties?

I don't know what others think as I was once mocked and laughed at by a forumer here when I shared my views on the investment potential of Nusajaya here last year right up to early this year. I'm not mentioning names as I'm not trying to say "I told you so". No one can always be 100% right on all investments. I'll just say that I'm lucky on this one :smile:

I'm not saying that I was the earliest investor who saw potential in Nusajaya. In fact, the earliest investor, in terms of time of post in this thread, is obviously the thread starter Wuqi. But there were many naysayers last year and Wuqi decided not to discuss about investment in this thread in order not to be accussed of promoting Nusajaya for personal gains. How can it be possible that by sharing our views here, we can create enough demand which is able to push up the prices of Nusajaya's properties? All we can achieve is helping a handful of believers to make profit with us. Crazy and narrow minded naysayers. I have no time to bother about such narrow minded people and remained thick skinned and continued to post about investments potentials and good news of Nusajaya till today.

Last year, when you talked about investment potential of Nusajaya here, you'll feel like you are talking to yourself. I remember only Dapbest and Coolsaint replying to my post. Slowly, more new forumers joined the discussion about investment of properties and the potential of capital appreciation in Nusajaya. Anyway, I just like to share lobangs and hope that there might be one or two who might invest and make money because of my sharing, and finally thanking me for it in future, that's all :smile:

Just like Wuqi, we just hope that others can make profit because we shared lobang with them. Too bad for those who choose to believe that there's no such thing as a kind hearted person in this world. To those people, believe in what you want to believe, I've invested since last year and will still tell you that it's still the right time to invest now as price will still continue to appreciate. But Iskandar is 3 times the size of Singapore, choose your project wisely.

Last edited:

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal

I just want say that "what you pay is what you will get", don't compare. You pay 1 cent, you get 1 cent worth of goods.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yesterday brought some "learned" uncles to play golf.. On the way, the uncles were laughing at JB and also laughing at Singaporeans who intended to retire in JB.. They were talking about "Machinta", Tropical night clubs and the strip shows..The most prominent project during their time was Danga bay.. True it was a failure. The project was only begin to have a second life after so many years.. Some of these events are something beyond my era, however it was clear that they didn't visit JB since then.. I guess it could be 30-40 years ago.. Most people still think JB is like a cow boy town, whereas the neighbour will tear down your air-conditions where you are not around.. It could be true.. but obviously many Singaporeans memory on Malaysia is still stay at 20--30 years ago.. Not many people know about Nusajaya.. Some Malaysians who work in Singapore also heard nothing about Nusajaya.. Ha ha.. It is so interesting.. It also means the prospect of the property in JB still has a lot of potential and room to grow, since most people still have such image of JB..

The standard of living in Singapore has raised so high and the COE at cat B is now 75K... 100K COE won't be too far from now.. Living in JB is something viable.. Singapore is not a place of us to retire. Can you imagine if you lose your job in Singapore today? It is quite likely that such event will happen to anyone working in Singapore, unless you belong to the elite govt group, or people like the SMRT CEO.. whom mistakes will always be honest and company will bear any possible penalty... With more and more foreigners taking up the skilled jobs, eventually Singaporeans will lose the skill gap and we could either work for govt or work as businessmen or taxi drivers..

I don't know what others think as I was once mocked and laughed at by a forumer here when I shared my views on the investment potential of Nusajaya here. I'm not mentioning names as I'm not trying to say "I told you so". No one is always 100% right on all investments. I'll just say that I'm lucky on this one. I'm not saying that I'm the earliest investor who sees potential in Nusajaya. In fact, the earliest investor, in terms of time of post in this thread, is obviously the thread starter Wuqi. But there were many naysayers last year and Wuqi decided not to discuss about investment in this thread in order not to be accussed of promoting Nusajaya for personal gains. How can it be possible that by sharing our views here, we can push up the prices and demand of Nusajaya. Crazy and narrow minded naysayers. I have no time to bother about such narrow minded people and remained thick skinned and continued to post about investments potentials and good news of Nusajaya till today.

Last year, when you talked about investment potential of Nusajaya here, you'll feel like you are talking to yourself. I remember only Dapbest and Coolsaint replying to my post. Slowly, more new forumers joined the discussion about investment of properties and potentials in capital appreciation in Nusajaya. Anyway, I just like to share lobangs and hope that there might be one or two who might invest and make money because of my sharing, and finally thanking me for it in future, that's all. Just like Wuqi, we hope that others can make profit because we shared lobang with them. Too bad for those who choose to believe that there's no such thing as a good person in this world. To those people, believe in what you want to believe, I've invested since last year and will still tell you that it's still the right time to invest as price will still continue to appreciate. But Iskandar is 3 times the size of Singapore, choose your project wisely.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
horizonhills
Re: Living in JB

http://www.thehaven.com.my/

Seriously, this is the pride of Ipoh and probably the best natural views of all property developments I have seen. If its in Johor, I would snap up the units for sure. Would rather stay in a penthouse in Haven rather than a bungalow in HH.

Agree with Horizonhills here, definitely, that view is really nice. If this was in Johore, just for natural views alone, not even EL or HH can compare.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I just want say that "what you pay is what you will get", don't compare. You pay 1 cent, you get 1 cent worth of goods.

Agree with you on this, there are always comparison but then some people who compare (and complains) alot but still buy nonetheless. :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Bro Arsenal, Someone once asked me, what happens if there is a recession in SG?

Everyone either tightens their belts or else look for other alternatives. Johore is but just one alternative, there are other places but this one is my choice. :smile:
They can always laugh at people as its their own choice. The people they are laughing at may be laughing as well.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Bros who frequent Ah Mengs car repair shop (Overseas Tyre, its yellow Michellin signboard) located near the Station One cafe.
Please do me a favour. When you are going to service/repair your car with him and you want a discount, please say to him very
nicely but loudly "Satu Malaysia" This is his pet phrase and for saying that, he will give you a special discount. :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
To add on to bro abugumgum's earlier message about MACS.

Bros, its a great time to do this. Its right outside Jusco near the Lavender cake shop, its very near to the supermarket portion of Jusco.
Just went to recce and brought the family to do it yesterday.

You just need to bring your passport and RM 30, they are open only up to 7pm unfortunately.
You need to be there personally though and they will scan both of your index (pointing) fingers.
You don't need photographs, S&P or even photocopies of VISA or fill up any form. They will scan
the photograph on your passport and use it for your MACS application.
They will do it for you. Just sit there, fill in your name and particulars and relax. Wait 10 minutes and you
are done :smile:

As bro abugumgum said, for new registrants, they even have a lucky draw.

Crystal, i would highly recommend you doing this and bringing in a relative so that they can see things for themselves and with the convenience
of MACS, it might be easier for them to come in.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Ginfreely thanks for the info :smile:

Ok lets take it as 6km on Coaster Highway from East Ledang to Horizon Hills. That means just 4 mins if you travel at 90km/hr. Fantastic! That's good news for HH and demand will surely become on par with or even beat EL in future. Prices will surely be on the rise from now till at least 2016 with so many committed catalist projects completing within this time frame. Too bad I don't have any unit in HH yet :mad:

Yes very fast, probably took around five minutes.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Satu Malaysia!!! (Now its my pet phrase too) :biggrin:

Satu Malaysia!!! I forgot to add on, the places to sign up for this during the special promotion (Ends November 15) are:

Jusco/Aeon Mall @ Bukit Indah
Jusco @ Tebrau City
Giant @ Tampoi
Holiday Plaza
City Square

Satu Malaysia!!!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
cant blame uncouth rascals. In Malaysia, all I can say is, dont expect too much. When they say buildings are built to BCA in Spore standards, u listen can already. The mouth is theirs so let them brag. The truth is they can never compete with Spoore, lar!

Your style of writing is really familar and sometimes made me think of someone. Especially that "lar".

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Published in ST on Sep 24, 2011

Indpendent chartered building surveyors found 32 defects in the pool, lift lobbies, residential units and basement carpark. Rotting wooden plank in the pool deck area (above), and water seepage in the basement carpark. -- ST PHOTOS: LIM WUI LIANG
By Amanda Tan

Home owners of The Seaview, an upmarket condo in the east, are seeking $14 million for defects that have allegedly plagued the estate since 2008.

In what is believed to be one of the largest amounts that a developer here is being sued for, the residents of the 546-unit project in Amber Road are suing Mer Vue Developments, a subsidiary of listed Wheelock Properties.

Also named in the suit - filed by the condo's management corporation (MC) - are main contractor Tiong Aik Construction, RSP Architects Planners & Engineers and engineering firm Squire Mech.

Even with properties worth over millions Singapore Dollar, what happen????

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I think the houses are at quite a distance from the fairway for accident to happen unless someone purposely aim a ball directly into the house.. If the player is a novice and swing his clubs anyhow, he will be spotted and not allowed to play there.. He could kill other golfers and his handicap declaration will work against him when there is a claim... I think..

Actually in some parts of the greens, it is possible to accidentally hit one into some houses (actually only 2 houses in total really affected). They do have insurance coverage but one poor Indian chap has highlighted his plight. I have tried to talk to them on his behalf and they are considering more trees but not nettings. I have also asked that they change the direction slightly so that the chances of accidentally hitting one into others houses are much lesser.

Living in the midst of golf courses is good but not if you are literally inside a golf course. One lady from overseas with a similar type property back in her country told me, whenever she was there, she would wait until the end of the week before making the familar call to the management team and they will just come by to replace almost every weekly. I asked if that bothered her, her amusing reply, i could make a living selling used golf balls actually.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Indpendent chartered building surveyors found 32 defects in the pool, lift lobbies, residential units and basement carpark. Rotting wooden plank in the pool deck area (above), and water seepage in the basement carpark. -- ST PHOTOS: LIM WUI LIANG
By Amanda Tan

Home owners of The Seaview, an upmarket condo in the east, are seeking $14 million for defects that have allegedly plagued the estate since 2008.

In what is believed to be one of the largest amounts that a developer here is being sued for, the residents of the 546-unit project in Amber Road are suing Mer Vue Developments, a subsidiary of listed Wheelock Properties.

Also named in the suit - filed by the condo's management corporation (MC) - are main contractor Tiong Aik Construction, RSP Architects Planners & Engineers and engineering firm Squire Mech.

Thanks for sharing that Serenity, amazing how houses built in Johore well worth a million Singapore dollars are still full of defects. :p
:p

To those brainwashed by the guys up there, they can only see perfection. Only "Hear" and "see" the good stuff. Nothing else matters.

The list sounds serious though. Especially water seepage in basement carparks? Only good if your car can do this:
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/top-five-james-bond-cars-ar93143/picture368633.html

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Be careful about Ipoh properties. Ipoh was formerly a mining town and there are a lot of deep craters left behind which now becomes a lake. There have been cases of land caving in.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

By Amanda Tan

Wah The Seaview near Marine Parade also has such problems, even my multi-millionaire friend is staying there. His company owns a very famous household brand in Sg, revenue of $80+ million per year. Maybe he is one of the complainants :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro Investor, to each his own is what i would say to people who continually scoff at others.
Once i am more "concrete" on things in NZ, it will be time to start living in NZ thread. This is
apparently less scoff worthy to certain "talk big but never any action type of people"

Just ignore them, they have their own lives to lead, you have yours. How they think if their
business as we can never control their thought process. Different people different logic.

By the way, if you are keen on HH houses, you should consider buying them from HorizonHills,
the way he/she disses the place, you might be able to get from he/she cheaply. :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Be careful about Ipoh properties. Ipoh was formerly a mining town and there are a lot of deep craters left behind which now becomes a lake. There have been cases of land caving in.

I only actually know 3 things about the place:

1. The coffee
2. The horfun
3. The women (real pretty)

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest news.. One of the lift in a Kakit Bukit building had a free fall and crashed to the ground, damaged a few vehicles and 2 persons were in the life when it drop..

One of my learned friend working in HDB commented the quality of construction in Singapore has degraded a lot in HDB as well as private condo.. It was all due to some foreigned foremen who are more relaxed and inexperienced workers who were employed just because they are cheap and most came without experience.. Also he said to be careful about materials used by china contractor..same copper piping that looked beautiful has different lifespan as those from Australia.. China copper piping are not used by most construction companies but no one know if it will be used by the lowest bidders.. I am surprised to know china copper pipe are so easy to get corroded.. Poor materials could be used in malaysia, but it doesn't mean it won't be used in Singapore.. As these companies all work for the profit as well as shareholders interests..

By Amanda Tan

Status
Not open for further replies.