• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Bro Abugumgum, mine asked for 1/2 mth rental too, even though my lease was for 2 years. Although it is lower than my budget of RM2k/mth rental, but I would still like to save wherever possible. Thanks for sharing.

Ladies and gents, just to share something... my rented HH house is own by an Australian citizen Sri Lankan who's only in her mid-20s. I believe she also owns another property in HH. Apparently, this property management company manages 160 houses around the area, some from HH, some by SP Setia. I suspect a few rich Sri Lankans are using numerous names to purchase properties in Nusajaya for investment purposes. And with the initial purchase price ofRM200k from the developer for that Gateway house, loan installment is probably less than RM1k. If they rent out a house for RM2k, that's 1k gross profit; multiple by 160 house, makes potentially RM160k for them every month. WOW!

Hmm, that's where the rich gets richer n the early birds catches the big bug worms.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro lastresort, you are very intelligent to start young. If I'm not mistaken, you're in ur mid 20s. When I was younger, I didn't think much about properties because I thought I was still young and since I can't afford it, then no need to learn. But fortunately, I attended a seminar by Milan Doshi back in 2006 and started my journey that same year too. So, it's good to start young.

Thanks for the encouragement Bro, I'm sure you're doing very good! Yup, I'm 23 and have lots more to learn. They say its never about how you start, but whats more important is how you finish the race. I hope I will enjoy the journey and be able to share with people next time, like how many bros and sisters are sharing their experiences and inspiring more.

I heard Milan Doshi is good, so I will attend his seminar one day. I am now reading Azizi Ali's books and will also read Milan's book. 2006 was a good year to start, prices were still affordable. :smile:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for the encouragement Bro, I'm sure you're doing very good! Yup, I'm 23 and have lots more to learn. They say its never about how you start, but whats more important is how you finish the race. I hope I will enjoy the journey and be able to share with people next time, like how many bros and sisters are sharing their experiences and inspiring more

I heard Milan Doshi is good, so I will attend his seminar one day. I am now reading Azizi Ali's books and will also read Milan's book. 2006 was a good year to start, prices were still affordable. :smile:

Wow, 23 years old! Impressive!! Singapore have lost another young chap with good foresight!!

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow, 23 years old! Impressive!! Singapore have lost another young chap with good foresight!!

Hi Sis Sanur, I feel so flattered by your comment. I don't think I can qualify as a young chap with good foresight because I've not gotten any result yet, it's still too early to tell. I think nowadays it's easy for young people to learn, we have a lot of resources online and so can start early, you wouldn't know if you're chatting with a kid online asking you question about the economy, investments, politics and all. I also emailed bankers and developers and they wouldn't know my age. Those who are playing, are playing hard, those who are matured and serious are learning. I've not achieved anything compared to many more people who have.

I have also observed and concluded with my KL friend that this generation of Malaysian kids, there are 2 extremes, I have met some in their late 20s, highly successful, one with over 10 properties including a few bungalows in the upmarket Bangsar suburb. We also see a lot of young Malaysians working in various management positions.

While on the other side, we have also met some who are still supported by their parents, not planning to work. One extreme example I've heard is that a Singaporean 70+ year old granddad who is still supporting his son 50+ year old. He let his son stay in his Singapore east coast landed house, but rented an apartment in JB as he works freelance in JB and SG. His son, daughter in law and grand children are not working!

There's really a lot to learn by mixing with different people, some have already achieved more than what their parents can ever achieve!

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Bro,

The premium of MRTA that I've got is about RM20000 for 20 years. In case of death, terminal illness or permanent disability, it will pay the amount which will cover the rest of loan balance owed to the bank plus my family will get some extra cash if the housing loan interest rate is lower than the one the insurance company assumes (the company assumes about 7% p.a. but the bank interest rate is about 4+% p.a.). The bank has paid the premium for me to the insurance company right at the beginning and this RM20000 is included as part of the loan I owed the bank besides the housing loan. I will need to pay about RM120 more than the case when I didn't get the MRTA.

Does the above sound reasonable to you?

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusa Perintis looks intimidating. In fact the whole Gelang Patah looks intimidating and my wife hates to go there although i don't mind eating there occasionally as the coffeeshop dishes are real cheap. My view is only selected places in Johor are safe enough to live... forget about the rest no matter how cheap they are.

In JB, it is the human you should be afraid of and not the ghosts.

Actually what is intimidating in Gelang patah? Is it intimidating due to more crime or is it the people there or what? I have not been to Gelang patah except to Leisurefarm and drive through the single lane road outside.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusa Perintis seems a typical local residential area. It might look acceptable when new, but after a few years of negligence of public service and house owners doing whatever they like, it looks depressing. Drove thru the area when I was looking for property and it affirms my decision to stay away from local-dominated residential area--no offence, i seek for serene living of the old days, not the low standard of living.

I thought most estates are local dominated since there is a foreigner ratio of 20 percent? I think new estates whereby the developer priced around Rm500k or higher means the local who are able to afford this price should be more willing and able to pay the maintenance fees.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
read somewhere the regulation was changed a few years ago to foreigner-local ratio of 50-50. makes sense if iskandar is eyeing for foreign investment in property.
I thought most estates are local dominated since there is a foreigner ratio of 20 percent? I think new estates whereby the developer priced around Rm500k or higher means the local who are able to afford this price should be more willing and able to pay the maintenance fees.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Bro,

The premium of MRTA that I've got is about RM20000 for 20 years. In case of death, terminal illness or permanent disability, it will pay the amount which will cover the rest of loan balance owed to the bank plus my family will get some extra cash if the housing loan interest rate is lower than the one the insurance company assumes (the company assumes about 7% p.a. but the bank interest rate is about 4+% p.a.). The bank has paid the premium for me to the insurance company right at the beginning and this RM20000 is included as part of the loan I owed the bank besides the housing loan. I will need to pay about RM120 more than the case when I didn't get the MRTA.

Does the above sound reasonable to you?

Your insurance premium is about S$35 per month. It must be looked at in relation to the loan amount...to see whether ok or not.

Mine is around S$18 per month based on a loan amount of RM390K..

cheers bro.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

just called Cascadia - they ave launch the 2 storey and 3 storwy from 500k onwards...
One quick question guys - Which area is easier to rent out?? Tebrau area or HH/Bukit Indah Area??
Anyone have exoerience in this 2 areas...?
My personal view....
Nusajaya area cater to expats including those working in Singapore.
Can expect that there's a lot of rental units. Would supply more than demand? Nobody knows.
Nusajaya expected to be the next JB centre in future though now not as matured.

Tebrau high-end residential cater more to My expats and businessman, and maybe Sg retirees.
People buy for own stay. So maybe less supply of rental units.
Matured township.
With EDL linking CIQ to northsouth highway, would it be easier to enter Sg through woodlands?
If MRT connects to JB Sentral, would it let Sg expats more housimg choices beyond Nusajaya?
Nobody knows.

For rental rates of both area, check out property websites. All I can observe is that the actual rental is less than many stated in the website. Eg Vincent rented 1800 in HH but many HH 2 storey terraces asking more than 2k, even close to 3k. Leisure farm commands premium, at least in terms of what they are asking for.
In tebrau area, got very low rent one and also high rent.
Check out Austin Height which ask for high rental...maybe because these come with clubhouse.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

My personal view....
Can expect that there's a lot of rental units. Would supply more than demand? Nobody knows.

Tebrau high-end residential cater more to My expats and businessman, and maybe Sg retirees.
People buy for own stay. Sob maybe less supply of rental units

For rental rates of both area, check out property websites. All I can observe is that the actual rental is less than many stated in the website. Eg VincenH but many HH 2 storey terraces asking more than 2k, even close
Check out Austin Height which ask for high rental...maybe because these come with clubhouse.

Thanks bro the comments - yes, have checked out Austin heights - find it a bit cramped the area , roads are not as large or wide as hh/bukit indah area..
Your comment on less supply in this area, does it means that this area is easy to rent out as the supply is low as such ppl looking for houses in this area will find it hard to locate one as most are owner occupied??

I am now a bit 50/50 as to where I want ?....Hh is my heart location but price is deterring factor.. Tebrau is matured and hv all the amenities and facilities...anyone know if there will be a mrt here linking to the CIQ? I can't seems to view any MRT on the master plan by one of the forumners here!!!

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like to seek opinion on how people rent out their properties.

Do you have the utilities for the address under your name or tenant's name ? I heard from my My fren that it's better to open the utilities under owner's name and tenant just pay accordingly the bill to owner. Reason being that if tenant dun pay up rental, owner can cut utilities supply (last resort).

And if under the tenant's name and he default payment and run away, owner need to pay up for previous tenant before utilities company will start a new acct. for the new tenant. Any experience on this ?

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Driving around The Gateway. Horizon Hills :smile:

[video=youtube;4yhSppjyeiI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yhSppjyeiI[/video]

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
asianbo:
interesting info.

jasonjst:
the following is a copy from another forum which is the essence from a few published newspaper articles (MY) -
All strata G&G (new & existing)
- No problem since it is a private land. fencing guardpost all ok.

Non strata G&G , e.g. individual title (new)
- non strata G&G must have 24 hrs guard at guard post and must not interfere people/vehicle from entering. e.g. rubbish collecting car.
- at least > 51% agree then only can form.
- Must not force non-paying people to pay.
- Guard post & gate must be temp. structure, renew yearly.
- Perimeter fencing not allowed.

for existing one
- if govt get many complaints they will look at it and remove fence/gate if not compliance. eg. if road block using "tong" causes inconvenient to some residents then it will removed.

this truly sucks.... those who bought G&G house definitely paid a premium for the house price...and yet in the end the fences kanna removed... might as well get a those thats not G&G which is cheaper.... kanna unfair to those who wanted to pay for the maintenance..... when that happens, we will definitely be selling at a lost if we were to let go of the house....

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the driver were u, Wat will u do? to pay or not to pay coffee $$$ :confused:

[video=youtube;wOFXYyxTCWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOFXYyxTCWM[/video]

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think private road vs public road makes a difference on G&G regulation. I hv seen private road in sg. few years ago the road immediate adjacent thomson medical hospital was a private road. hospital visitors who parked their cars along the road could get fined when residents called traffic police. I think most new property developments in nusajaya cleared plantation, build private roads which are connected to public road before the construction of building.
this truly sucks.... those who bought G&G house definitely paid a premium for the house price...and yet in the end the fences kanna removed... might as well get a those thats not G&G which is cheaper.... kanna unfair to those who wanted to pay for the maintenance..... when that happens, we will definitely be selling at a lost if we were to let go of the house....

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

i'd say if sufficient ammunition, buy into the 2 areas. Nusajaya as a whole will see a higher income crowd coming in (that is if all the promises are fulfilled) via the higher end commercial services (e.g. traders hotel/legoland), education (med/engine/media schools), industry (SilC). But then the residentials are built with that in mind so pricing is in excess of tebrau's asking price psf for psf, quality for quality. Then again, there are many units currently available and many more to come. Agree supply seems OTT, with more to come esp. once all currently launched condos/phases TOP. Then again, more crowd draws more commercial services begets more crowd etc. Hopefully it is sustainable. Although bukit indah is the 'centre' right now wait till the medini area opens up and matures. That will then become the centre. But of course the premium it commands will exceed what is currently on offer. If buying to stay this whole area in general is a nicer alternative. It can be felt especially if you drive from the CIQ, go through JB sentral pelangi, area and then slowly weave your way into nusajaya from there.

Tebrau area is matured. Although again developers are building fast and furiously expanding each horizon as far as the eye can see. Commercial activity seems to centre in on jusco/tesco/if it comes IKEA cluster and the sunway college/phoon yew 5 cluster and the nearby molek area also complements with its international banking cluster. Has more local residents in each tier of housing. In terms of employment though residents typically travel out to nearby factories (tons of them spread across kempas area all through to before skudai) even pasir gudang as well as a catchment of residents travelling towards SG/JB sentral. Expect choke points going in and out of the area during peak hours. As for EDL, it does not benefit tebrau area directly, those developments that have closer access are setia tropika, adda heights etc. Can access tebrau via these exits or the pandan interchange which is a traffic choke point if the roads don't expand (esp. the bridge over the sungei). but overall if buying here, properties seem to be bang for buck psf for psf quality for quality vis-a-vis nusajaya. This area seems to draw in the residential crowds after sentosa/pelangi/johor jaya areas are exhausted. So the supply demand looks balanced for now though they are talk of more to come as is the case in Johor overall for the past decade.

My personal view....

People buy for own stay. So maybe less supply of rental units.
Matured township.
With EDL linking CIQ to northsouth highway, would it be easier to enter Sg through woodlands?
If MRT connects to JB Sentral, would it let Sg expats more housimg choices beyond Nusajaya?
Nobody knows.

For rental rates of both area, check out property websites. All I can observe is that the actual rental is less than many stated in the website. Eg Vincent rented 1800 in HH but many HH 2 storey terraces asking more than 2k, even close to 3k. Leisure farm commands premium, at least in terms of what they are asking for.
In tebrau area, got very low rent one and also high rent.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like to seek opinion on how people rent out their properties.

Do you have the utilities for the address under your name or tenant's name ? I heard from my My fren that it's better to open the utilities under owner's name and tenant just pay accordingly the bill to owner. Reason being that if tenant dun pay up rental, owner can cut utilities supply (last resort).

And if under the tenant's name and he default payment and run away, owner need to pay up for previous tenant before utilities company will start a new acct. for the new tenant. Any experience on this ?

yea owner's name. but also typically collect refundable utility deposit on top of 1 month rental deposit as a double security.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the driver were u, Wat will u do? to pay or not to pay coffee $$$ :confused:
Oh oh...drive without driving license. What to do ? If I'm driver, no choice but pay loh. Unless you want to follow them to police station and wait for someone to bring your license to show them ? They can definitely charge you for driving without license if you have no proof. Am I right ?
So far I always drive within speed limit and never been stopped in such roadblock.......touch wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.