• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TLPPL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

Thanks for the advice and apprieciated it. Apology for such late reply for I was quite busy for the past week and didn’t come into the forum.

I do agreed that gated and guarded places are definitely better off. But unfortunately I do not have that kind of budget for such places as I am pretty much a less-than-average Joe. Hence pretty much will have to confine to my original budget, and keep a constant look-out for opportunity. In any case, I will not be able to make the move for another 5-6 months, due to some "locked-in" commitments.

I made a quick look around Nusajaya, Gelang Patah and Bukit Indah over weekend, and preliminary I will be looking at the following apartments:

- Nusa Perdana Apartment (in Gelang Patah)
- Indah Court Apartment (in Bukit Indah)

Does anyone has any opinions (good or bad doesn't matter) about these place?

Also visited the site of Ujana Executive Apartments (in Nusajaya). Anyone has any idea when this development will be completing?

Thanks

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hope nobody here got trapped in the huge jam. I was coming in just from sg to jb via causeway, jam all the way on the opposite. Stretched all the way to taman sentosa! at this hour!

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone with contact for good ,reliable and reasonable handyman in JB ? Some small job that I do not have time to do myself.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi! Eventually my curtains for a 3 storey, every corner, cost just RM 5000! And its a high quality. I am lucky that I found them cos the boss told me that many contractors sub-con the sales to them :smile:

HH, good one. from Rm10k to 5k.......:biggrin: would you mind sharing where you managed to get the curtains from. Collecting all infor for my place soon.......:smile: Thanks.

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi,
if you need a van transport from SG to MY during weekends, do pm me. I've also some stuff for charity, such as pens, pencils, old books,..etc,..clothes,..

maybe you can pm me for more details, thanks

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

Thanks for the advice and apprieciated it. Apology for such late reply for I was quite busy for the past week and didn’t come into the forum.

I do agreed that gated and guarded places are definitely better off. But unfortunately I do not have that kind of budget for such places as I am pretty much a less-than-average Joe. Hence pretty much will have to confine to my original budget, and keep a constant look-out for opportunity. In any case, I will not be able to make the move for another 5-6 months, due to some "locked-in" commitments.

I made a quick look around Nusajaya, Gelang Patah and Bukit Indah over weekend, and preliminary I will be looking at the following apartments:

- Nusa Perdana Apartment (in Gelang Patah)
- Indah Court Apartment (in Bukit Indah)

Does anyone has any opinions (good or bad doesn't matter) about these place?

Also visited the site of Ujana Executive Apartments (in Nusajaya). Anyone has any idea when this development will be completing?

Thanks

Hi TPPL, understood. In that case, the 2nd place you mentioned sounds better. There is also some apartments near Kipmart area, looks ok but the area is a little dodgy. There is also the area near to Perling Mall where there are some apartments there as well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This is very strange with regards to curtains, have never heard of 10k (Robert Lee anyone?) for curtains despite always using the better materials. Curtains wise, you can actually do a DIY of sorts by buying curtain cloth at the Giant at Plentong. They have lots of cheap and good curtain stuff there, even the higher end stuff. Just that you have to get people to sew it properly for you.

For the links to various businesses here, its available on #7177 if i recall correctly.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Contra, there is a problem with my adsense set up so in the end, have to redo the ads all over and change account.
Nothing earned so far but thanks for your kind suggestion though.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again, to all bros here. Do be wary of any sudden or offers of any business opportunities. Do your due dilligence first and check out the local rules and laws.

Best to get a lawyer and never use the same lawyer to represent both sides when buying or selling property, etc. Always use a different lawyer, it costs more but protects your interests better.

There may be different agendas here when you get contacted, it may not be bad and could prove to be a lucrative business but again, due dilligence please. I really don't want to see people to be cheated here.

On the flip side of the coin, always check on the background any potential business partners who are keen to invest as well. Remember, It takes two to clap.

I would rather be prudent and cautious in the start of any business transaction than the other alternative.

very well said, no money no talk, no lawyer no partnership, end of story.

If something sounds too good to be true it's probably ain't any good.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,
Got any idea where to buy Chengal Wood , best if they provide cutting services too .
Is the chengal wood an expensive material to use for fencing , as I dont when to use metal grill make it like prison.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For money transfer, I use the service from money world asia.. Recommended by a banking friend..
Money world Asia is owned by ex minister lim wee Wah's husband.. Their supporting customers are Temasek..and their cycle of friends.. So..why pay minister so much, they got lots of kang kou..

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My little bird confirmed with me that semi-dees at the Golf are selling for RM 1.5 M. Can anyone confirm? Corner semis are going for RM 1.8M. Also there are talks that a decrease in price could be on the way as the prices are way too high. I dont believe it will come down fast as the new highway is yet to be opened. Melting point is yet to come. My target for semis is about RM 2.5 m for golf facing, adjusted from RM 2m.

I don't believe that prices will be coming down too, I think price will still continue to climb further. Anyway, to each his own, if anyone wants to let go his unit/s in either East Ledang or HH at Fire Sale price because he thinks price will be dropping, please pm me :smile: Thank you.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi investor in your opinion what is the fire sale price for semi dees in HH with and without golf view? And what about east ledang? I will go in for the kill if the price of non-golf views semis are selling for Rm 1m and golf views are selling for rm1.4m.. for east ledang the price is rm1 m for twin villas for me to justify it as a fire sale. Not sure why but nowadays HH seem in the news alot more than EL

I guess because Gamuda has a good track record in Selangor. A very well known developer for high end township. They have the experience, reputation and know how. The sales executives from HH are direct employees of Gamuda. For HH, they are the lead developer and whatever amount they earn, 50% will go to UEM land (land provider). They are very good in marketing their projects.

UEM land is a government linked company, it is the main developer in Nusajaya and Cyberjaya and is rather new in this business they have a huge land bank and very limited knowledge and experience. Only recently, it has acquired a successful Chinese developer Sunrise, a very famous high end developer in KL, it will leverage on its expertise to develop its projects including the 6 plots in Singapore downtown. It also has a project called symphony hills in cyberjaya which is quite similar to EL. I do not know how they managed to tender such a huge land bank. Their aim is to be the Capitaland of Malaysia.

For EL (100% UEM land), IMHO it is in an untested new market, I wouldn't say very far from the mature towns (perling, BI, etc), but a lot of its success will depend on how successful Iskandar region turns out to be. There's huge potential, but in the short term, a lot remains to be seen.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last weekend, we viewed a few units at HH. One 2-storey (golf view)SD going for RM 1.1m - poor layout and badly maintained. Another corner 2.5 storey SD going for RM 1.6 m - the golf view is below expectations... not that great. Kinda disappointed.

The new launches for the golf facing 2.5 SDs are selling for 1.55m and above ... they are better buys as the built up is bigger and layout is better. If I were a buyer, I don't think I will buy the older ones.

We have crossed out HH from our list even though it is at a really convenient location. Lack of greenery is one main factor. It does not suit our lifestyle. Poor finishing is another.

We are eyeing Bayou Creek now...LFR is beautiful ... I love the trees and the space and the fresh air. We actually stayed at one of the rental units for one nite as we were not able to find accomodation in the city. Woke up to the sound of singing birds and the morning walk around the area was lovely. Security is tight with guards patrolling at night. Will make a good retirement home and a holiday home for my family :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi investor in your opinion what is the fire sale price for semi dees in HH with and without golf view? And what about east ledang? I will go in for the kill if the price of non-golf views semis are selling for Rm 1m and golf views are selling for rm1.4m.. for east ledang the price is rm1 m for twin villas for me to justify it as a fire sale. Not sure why but nowadays HH seem in the news alot more than EL

Hi DB... oops I meant Horizonhills. In my view, any price at RM1.15 mil and below for a East Ledang's semi-d in Phase 1 is considered Fire Sale price. There's no straight answer for HH as there are different precinct, sizes, facing etc to consider.

My view on HH is that presently, it is the one and only, best lifestyle living, gated & guarded community with great view and security in the whole of Johor which is nearest to Sg via 2nd link. Other than that, it is presently accessible via a relatively new Taman(Bukit Indah) and thus the feel good factor of the surrounding environment and amenities(Jusco, Tesco etc) as compared to all the older Johor including JB city. At present as Nusajaya is still not developed, many have the mindset of buying a landed property in Johor with great lifestyle living as priority, near to already existing amenities, with price appreciation(investment) as bonus. Thus if they were to buy East Ledang, they would lose the 'lifestyle living with great view' component for around the same amount of money paid. Since there are uncertainties about developments in Malaysia, why not make their money well spent and thus HH is their choice at present.

To me, investing in East Ledang is investing in its 'future' potential in terms of Location. It is right beside Iskandar Financial District in Medini and also the very successful Educity. My view of 'right beside' means within walking distance, a mere 5 mins drive away will be a totally different world. If not, I would have bought in Gelang Patah :biggrin: Temasek did their due diligence on the whole of Iskandar Region and chose to place their money to develop the whole cluster 'right beside' Iskandar Financial District in Medini too, they definitely didn't just tikam tikam or 'tiam yiu tiam peng peng' and happened to point at Medini on the map :biggrin: On the map, East Ledang is on the left of Iskandar Financial District in Medini and Temasek's developments(including terraces, semi-ds and bungalows) are on the right. Investing in this location, I won't be worried of the future newer, grander, safer, nicer land-scape, cheaper etc etc new gated communities springing up in Gelang Patah or any areas even nearer to 2nd link being competitors to East Ledang. Unless IRDA is so successful on Iskandar Financial District in Medini that they decide to build another Financial District nearer to 2nd link call Medini2 or Menini :wink:, but even if that happens, I'll still have plenty of time to sell my units will big profit since the Iskandar Financial District in Medini is already so successful and thus a highly sought after Location.

Status
Not open for further replies.