• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
More and more places are coupon parking, not free parking.

Do look around for the signage or observe if others are displaying coupons.

Another way will be to check with the shops that are along the car park, if they are selling the car park coupons, very likely that place is not free parking.

Did you see a MPJBT signage? I kenna fined elsewhere before.. Cannot pay online.. got to pay at a govt building near the old malaysian customs side.. if you need i can check the address on my payment slip..

dun_waste_time

Hi Bros,

Apologies for the questions..
If i'm interested to view the new launches, can i go to HH directly? Or is there any sale rep in Singapore?

Thanks

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
More and more places are coupon parking, not free parking.

Do look around for the signage or observe if others are displaying coupons.

Another way will be to check with the shops that are along the car park, if they are selling the car park coupons, very likely that place is not free parking.

Besides the signboard, check if it is a numbered lot - if positive display coupon.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heh heh. either it is crazy "fishing" price or the wrong price was keyed just like some Tesco items :smile:

Maybe trying to "benchmark" prices for properties.

Crazy price! RM 1.25 million for a terrace in East Ledang, the advertisement was posted on iproperty.com yesterday.
Moreover, it's an Unfurnished show-unit(not those with full interior decor hor).
Moreover Moreover, it's an intermediate unit, not corner hor!

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Green Market Johor Bahru.

To promote our green intitative - we are planning a fun, awareness raising, Green Market in the covered car park of the new JARO building on Saturday, Oct 22 2011 at 2125 Jalan Sungai Chat between 10am and 4 pm.

It will be an event to bring together local farmers, local green enterprises and individuals who are environmentalists, amateur gardeners etc who will give talks and demonstrations. Stay tuned- more details to come about who our vendors/participants are!

We want to bring together other local enterprises who are participating in the 'green economy' like us, so that the local community can enjoy a day of shopping, food and get a more holistic picture about 'green lifestyle' choices.

More info at JARO

dun_waste_time

Hi Bros,

Just some questions. I'm interested in the HH development. Is there a sale rep in Singapore? I can drive up to HH, but do they have a sales office present and do they open during weekends?

Thanks

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Vincent

yes its the end lot ...
I think thats enough for me ....
I wonder how they find out our commitment in SG , anyway I only have a car loan so hopefully its not a problem

Crystal: MY banks dun care about SG commitments they only consider MY commitments e.g. other MY properties. At least that is what was told to me by the banker rep.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
side track a bit..

i dont know whether bros have raised this before..

there is a very nice bittergourd soup outlet called JIA JIA LE located at the row of shophouses just outside the Giant at Nusa Bestari....

my wife and i usually order simple meal consisting of
LUOHANGUO drink
stir fry KangKong with garlic
bittergourd soup (med)...
cost around RM22..less than S$10..

heavenly! their bittergourd is not bitter with generous serving of pork.

sorry bros for going off tangent...

Ooo, so going try next time I am in the vicinity. Thanks!

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think bro HH is in a different league with multiple purchases and a view to profit from his investments. good luck bro!

For me, its different. Recently when the developer told me the selling price for my unit type has been raised by RM40K one month after i had bought it, i was like "So?.."....To me, i buy the house not to make money from it but as a weekend getaway and retirement place option. so for me, i am not so much affected by whether the price goes up or down. For investment, i still like Sing market better..in fact most of my bullets are reserved for buying a private prop in Sing...hehehe.

Cheers.
Yup, definitely a different league from us mere mortals... hehe. I just bought an additional corner unit for investment; plan to sell it with a RM100k profit in 2 years time.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Vincent

yes its the end lot ...
I think thats enough for me ....
I wonder how they find out our commitment in SG , anyway I only have a car loan so hopefully its not a problem

Indeed , buying a house is a life committment , thats y I must think carefully.
I dun wan to commit too much to pay for housing loans .

Hope we can be neighbours too

Thanks again for the detailed reply and information.
I doubt the MY banks will worry about your SG commitments... but I'm not sure... heheh. Sure, it would be great to know more ppl staying in NI.

Bro wuqi has started a culture of sharing and helping in this forum; and all of us are just doing our small part in living that culture. Cheers... have a great weekend

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now planning to take up RM 1.5 semis at the other side of the Golf but feel the urge to stop as prices are stagnating due to Sporeans being restricted to buy into overseas properties with HDBs.

After an hefty price rise from 2009 till 2011 and with current economic condition, prices need to take a breather. HDB owners are allowed to own private properties in Singapore and overseas after 5 years MOP, and private property owners whom are not allowed to buy a HDB resale unless they sell off their private are the ones looking for overseas properties. I myself is in the latter category.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, definitely a different league from us mere mortals... hehe. I just bought an additional corner unit for investment; plan to sell it with a RM100k profit in 2 years time.

Just to share with you all the latest property gains tax law.

Real property gains tax up to curb speculation

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 7 — The government will impose a 10 per cent real property gains tax (RPGT) for properties disposed of within two years of purchase in a bid to deflate the property bubble.

RPGT for properties sold after two years and up to five years would remain at the current rate of five per cent, while those sold after five years would not be subject to the tax.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak said in his Budget 2012 speech today that current measures to curb speculation had proven ineffective and needed to be strengthened.

“If not controlled, it will put pressure on the price of real estate. In the long run, it will jeopardise the ability of the low- and middle-income groups to buy houses,” he said in Parliament today.

“I am confident the revised RPGT rates are low and will not affect genuine property owners and will curb speculative activities,” added Najib, who is also finance minister.

RPGT has been set at a five per cent flat rate for properties disposed of within five years of purchase since April 1, 2007.

Prior to that, it was 30 per cent for disposal within the first two years of purchase and progressively lower for properties sold in subsequent years.

Property prices have risen dramatically since 2009, driven by low interest rates, aggressive valuations, increasingly expensive launches, a fear that homes will become even more unaffordable and lack of attractive alternative investments.

In markets such as Penang and Kuala Lumpur where an apparent speculative frenzy has taken hold, the increase in prices has been as much as 30 per cent or more in the past 12 months.

This has lead to concerns that real estate valuations have greatly outpaced income and is pricing many would-be home owners, especially from the middle-income group, out of the market.

A housing affordability chart carried in The Edge Financial Daily on August 15 showed that property prices had risen from 5.9 times income in 1989 to 10.9 times income last year.

The share of household loans to total bank loans in Malaysia, meanwhile, rose from 35.2 per cent in 2000 to 55.5 per cent in August 2010.

Last year, Putrajaya introduced a 70 per cent loan-to-value mortgage cap on third properties in response to complaints that property prices had spiralled out of control due to rampant speculation.

Several other Asian countries have taken steps to cool their real estate markets including China, Hong Kong and Singapore.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Property prices have risen dramatically since 2009, driven by low interest rates, aggressive valuations, increasingly expensive launches,... ... ...

Horizon Hills encompasses a 480-hectare freehold development comprising 6,000 units of residential properties. Horizon Hills consists of 13 precincts, namely The Gateway, The Golf, The Greens, The Hills, The Heart, The Wetlands, The Island, The Cove, The Peak, The Waterfall, The Woodlands, The Valley and The Canal.

We've already witnessed increasingly expensive launches in Horizon Hills by their 3rd precinct The Hills, wonder what kind of launch price will we see by the time they launch the 13th precinct.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the above is true, then whatever future increase in Real Property Gains Tax on the rest of Malaysia equals good news to Iskandar region.

I am not sure about the exemption from property gain tax, but anyways, if i am not wrong, this policy will have minimal impart on new properties, it affects mostly sub sales and resales cause new developments take 1 to 2 years to complete. If correct, the 2 years start from the day you sign S&P.

Most people were expecting something worst, and now that they announce it will be increased by only 5% for 2 years, it is actually a news not that bad (at least for potential speculators). No worries for home stayers and long term investors. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.