• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if we want to pay, we also don't know where to pay... Don't worry... just wait for traffic police to stop you for payment.. Make sure you get a receipt..

Last time I was told $250RM with receipt, $150RM with no receipt..
Agreed! It's so troublesome because they don't have an online system. Even a simple tie-up with Maybank would be great; but for now they only accept assessment tax and quit rent, I think. the TP won't stop us for parking summon and I always pay my speeding summon; if I am given one; because I don't want to encourage corruption.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precinct 8A is already sold out; UEM just launched Precinct 8B on 18/9. I went there for the launch and was interested in the corner unit with 40ft land. FYI, the mosque that has been built is a relatively small mosque, compared to other mosques in MY. We don't really like staying near the mosque too because in Msia the Muslims are allowed to air their prayers thru loudspeakers for everyone to hear. But since we'll only be in on weekends and PH, and we have a row of houses to "absorb" the sound, it should be bearable.

Where is East Lake? Also in NI or nearby? The Precinct 8B that we saw is already under construction. Legally, the developer must complete landed properties and handover the keys 2 years from the date of S&P signing. For my unit in P8A, we signed in Dec '10 but the targeted completion date is July '12.

Regarding the levy, sorry I can't help you there because I'm a Malaysian. Other bros & sis can advise you on this.

hi again

East lake is in NI lor , but the lake is like teh tarik col .
Only those semi d owners will see the lake and the sale office at the moment.
Oh i didnt know have 8A & 8B .
Yes , its constructing now and a few has been done.
We even went to see the show house for Semi D and Terrace house . renovated until very nice ....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crystal, buy only if you are comfortable and something you can sleep without worrying.. Frankly speaking there are lots of property options... If to buy for own stay, I think Nusa Idaman is good.. If to buy for investment, it must have something unique that you can sell to... Also be prepared to do renovation..since their finishing is really bare or nothing..

For ladies, you might consider Condo too.. Property beside mosque.. I think should be safe from robbers?

i dun wan condo leh , stay in SG pigeon holes still not enough ah ? hahah
i want my furkids able to run around at the little garden i have wor ......
Anyway , i will go and see Setial Corals this weekends and decide .....

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi again

East lake is in NI lor , but the lake is like teh tarik col .
Only those semi d owners will see the lake and the sale office at the moment.
Oh i didnt know have 8A & 8B .
Yes , its constructing now and a few has been done.
We even went to see the show house for Semi D and Terrace house . renovated until very nice ....
Ok, i know which one is East Lake now... it's the same as Precinct 8B; we saw the semi-d and terrace show house too. My wife didn't like the kitchen concept in the semi-d where it is located at the front of the house. But we like the big open space behind the house and having a lake (altho teh tarik colour) there. It would be cool to buy remote control boats and just walk out from the semi-d to the lake and have some fun. Have they finished renovation at the terrace house? Our last trip there on 18th Sept; the terrace house was still undergoing interior renovation.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone help me with the following enquiry?

If we buy a lot which is bumi-released, are there any complications involved or conditions attached?

Can we sell it to anyone?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, i know which one is East Lake now... it's the same as Precinct 8B; we saw the semi-d and terrace show house too. My wife didn't like the kitchen concept in the semi-d where it is located at the front of the house. But we like the big open space behind the house and having a lake (altho teh tarik colour) there. It would be cool to buy remote control boats and just walk out from the semi-d to the lake and have some fun. Have they finished renovation at the terrace house? Our last trip there on 18th Sept; the terrace house was still undergoing interior renovation.

yes it was done , just opp semi d , the corner lot ....
Btw , did u submit yr 6 mths saving accts to the bank ?
I find that its too personal ....
Also which u bank u loan with ?
Can share the details wilth me ? if not convenient , please pm me ...
Hopefully we can be neighbours , haha
I just submitted my documents to the sales ppl , see can approve or not first .

Thanks again.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
afterall this is a muslim majority country and we have to be accepting of their religious practices and customs.

Yonglip is right.
Before the Mosque topic goes out of control, here's a gentle reminder to be more mindful and sensitive when commenting.
What if you are a Christian, Catholic, Buddhist or Hindu and others are discussing the reasons why they don't like to live near a Church or Temple and that price will depreciate because of your Church or Temple?? Chinese say 'Ru4 Xiang1 Shui2 Shu2'.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal,

The Foreign Levy I paid RM 10,000+.. definitely not RM 12K. Maybe someone is trying to change your name to Robert Tiong or Carrot Tiong

Submitting 6 months saving to the bank to process your loan is the formal requirements, nothing too personal because this happens in Spore too.

Wow , hmm .
no wonder UEM says have promotion to minus 10k from my current deposit , downpayment 10% & Sign S&P from the total amt.
I emailed her and see what she says ...

Thanks for sharing this info with me.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes it was done , just opp semi d , the corner lot ....
Btw , did u submit yr 6 mths saving accts to the bank ?
I find that its too personal ....
Also which u bank u loan with ?
Can share the details wilth me ? if not convenient , please pm me ...
Hopefully we can be neighbours , haha
I just submitted my documents to the sales ppl , see can approve or not first .

Thanks again.
Do you mean the end-lot; the one with only 5-10 ft of land at the side? The corner lot is usually much bigger.

They didn't ask me for 6 months savings account because all MY banks (as I know) only provide up to 3 months account history. Yes, I provided my various bank statements to show them how much "savings" I have, to strengthen my application. If your salary is sufficient, then you don't have to show your savings if you don't want too. From what I know, they will take your SG salary and multiply by 2 to get the equivalent in RM. Banks will usually approve the loan if the total monthly installment and other commitments (personal loan, other home loans) are less than 1/3 of your salary.
E.g. If your salary is SGD5000 x2 = RM10000. 1/3 = RM3333. If your property is RM550k, with 80% loan (RM440k), your monthly installment will be RM2152 at BLR-2.4%. Since RM2152 is far lower than RM3333, it should not be a problem for the bank to approve your application, provided you don't have other financial commitments. I dunno if they consider the financial commitments in Singapore or not.

I went with my mortgage broker, Esther, who handled my previous NI purchase. She submitted my documents to RHB, OUB and HLBB and so far OUB and HLBB has contacted me for more details to process my loan application. Below are her details if you want to engage her service. But I think she is out of Msia this week.

Esther Ker (Ms)
[email protected]
H/P : +6016 7901673
PREMIER PLUS CONSULTANCY (M) SDN BHD (848188-W)
29-02 Jalan Bestari 1/5, Taman Nusa Bestari, 81300 Skudai, Johor Bahru

Hope you have weighed the pros and cons carefully because property purchase is usually the biggest purchase in a person's life.... looking forward to have you as a neighbour.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, for privacy reasons I cant reveal too much. My houses at the Gateway, 2.5 storey with non-golf views were purchased at RM 800K and now easily RM 1.4M and RM 300k+ terraces now at RM 500K+.. all direct from developer.. One resale facing Golf which is facing golf views and dont plan to sell even at RM 2M so I dont know what is the price now as I never checked.

Added another 2 semis at the Golf earlier this year, both having golf views and facing Gateway semis .. great prices at RM 1.2M. Looking to sell maybe at RM 3M after 10 years.. I have been to Sentosa Cove villas, visited condos facing East Coast ocean and Bukit Timah greenery in Spore.. I must say only those condos in Sentosa such as OceanFront and the S$20 M ocean-facing villas match the scenic views of Horizon Hills Golf-facing Semis..Hence the resale value will keep on rising, unless another high-end property developer come in to build another similar concept development.

Now planning to take up RM 1.5 semis at the other side of the Golf but feel the urge to stop as prices are stagnating due to Sporeans being restricted to buy into overseas properties with HDBs.

HH, no finishing. I see the main gate I nearly wanted to faint after paying almost RM 1 million for it. But its due to the excellent resale values that I am keeping it. You know, there are no perfect developments in the world.

A few units in East Ledang but found that the increase in prices is also slow now after I purchased. I never buy into Bestari H, Nusa Duta, Nusa Idaman etc as these houses are perfect for own stay.. great prices and great finishing but in the long term, I am afraid it may become like another Bukit Indah houses where RM 200K still becomes RM 200k after 10+ years.

Wow bro HH, that's 5 units already... good investment into those properties. You're right about NI, good to stay, may not be good for investment. Having said that, I still think the NI house prices will rise in 2-5 years, albeit at a much slower rate than HH or EL.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many more rich Malaysians have moved in to HH and East Ledang. Houses with BMW+MERCS or MERCS+MERCS or BMW +Camry+ Harrier are so common.... everyone seem to be competing who gota the best cars in the garage.

When my unit is ready for weekend stay, I'll buy a Malaysia registered rugged truck and coat it with m&d and act poor. If I'm still so unlucky and be targeted by the tugs, I'll ram those M-Fxxker down flat on the ground like what you see in Roadrunner cartoon.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow , hmm .
no wonder UEM says have promotion to minus 10k from my current deposit , downpayment 10% & Sign S&P from the total amt.
I emailed her and see what she says ...

Thanks for sharing this info with me.
The previous promo from UEM was RM20k cash back during the handover of keys for my Precinct 8A house; promotion ended on 25 Dec 2010. For the new launches, I believe they want to make it easier/cheaper for new buyers which is why the minus RM10k from the downpayment, instead of giving you cash back after completion.

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
When my unit is ready for weekend stay, I'll buy a Malaysia registered rugged truck and coat it with m&d and act poor. If I'm still so unlucky and be targeted by the tugs, I'll ram those M-Fxxker down flat on the ground like what you see in Roadrunner cartoon.

hi bro..dont need for the rugged truck la..in fact those are quite ex...
i gunning for a simple sure blend in car - proton saga FLX...RM40K nia..brand new. hahaha...will drive it to death for 20 years...if u work out the sums, only close to S$70 per month to own it..assuming can really tahan 20 years i.e....at least in JB, there is no death sentence for the car after 10 years.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yonglip is right.
Before the Mosque topic goes out of control, here's a gentle reminder to be more mindful and sensitive when commenting.
What if you are a Christian, Catholic, Buddhist or Hindu and others are discussing the reasons why they don't like to live near a Church or Temple and that price will depreciate because of your Church or Temple?? Chinese say 'Ru4 Xiang1 Shui2 Shu2'.
I think it is fair to say that there will always be pros and cons of having a religious place near your home. I'm a Catholic, but I wouldn't like to stay next to a church because of the parking problems that will occur on Saturday evenings and Sundays. And some people may not like the incense smell from neaby Buddhist temples, etc. It's all about how much one can tolerate it and whether we want to accept it or not.

When I was in uni, I stayed in the hostel and my room was above the surau (small mosque). Every morning around 5/6am, the Muslims will have their morning prayers. After a few weeks, I got used to it and wasn't woken up by the prayers being aired thru the loudspeakers.

What do you think, bro Batok Seri?

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow bro HH, that's 5 units already... good investment into those properties. You're right about NI, good to stay, may not be good for investment. Having said that, I still think the NI house prices will rise in 2-5 years, albeit at a much slower rate than HH or EL.

i think bro HH is in a different league with multiple purchases and a view to profit from his investments. good luck bro!

For me, its different. Recently when the developer told me the selling price for my unit type has been raised by RM40K one month after i had bought it, i was like "So?.."....To me, i buy the house not to make money from it but as a weekend getaway and retirement place option. so for me, i am not so much affected by whether the price goes up or down. For investment, i still like Sing market better..in fact most of my bullets are reserved for buying a private prop in Sing...hehehe.

Cheers.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
side track a bit..

i dont know whether bros have raised this before..

there is a very nice bittergourd soup outlet called JIA JIA LE located at the row of shophouses just outside the Giant at Nusa Bestari....

my wife and i usually order simple meal consisting of
LUOHANGUO drink
stir fry KangKong with garlic
bittergourd soup (med)...
cost around RM22..less than S$10..

heavenly! their bittergourd is not bitter with generous serving of pork.

sorry bros for going off tangent...

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Vincent

yes its the end lot ...
I think thats enough for me ....
I wonder how they find out our commitment in SG , anyway I only have a car loan so hopefully its not a problem

Indeed , buying a house is a life committment , thats y I must think carefully.
I dun wan to commit too much to pay for housing loans .

Hope we can be neighbours too

Thanks again for the detailed reply and information.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

haha bro HH probably has more than 5 in HH because he mentioned terraces. I understand the privacy reason because HH has a very small community, I know quite a few people with 7 or more units there. one of our neigbours has easily 7 in Gateway alone.

Just a few months ago, we met a rich auntie from KL, came to HH to shop for bungalows for her sons, bought one bungalow for each son. My parents also met another uncle from out of town Johor at HH sales office, said he owns hundreds of acres of agri land. Each month can earn 50k~ profit. Can buy one terrace each month with full cash down. He told us he is just one of the small plantation owners, there are probably hundreds or more of them.. Also met a hotel chain owner at HH sales office. Many Malaysians are loaded.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have just visited this place.

Even my wife who does not take bitter gourd, has no problem with the soup there.

side track a bit..

i dont know whether bros have raised this before..

there is a very nice bittergourd soup outlet called JIA JIA LE located at the row of shophouses just outside the Giant at Nusa Bestari....

my wife and i usually order simple meal consisting of
LUOHANGUO drink
stir fry KangKong with garlic
bittergourd soup (med)...
cost around RM22..less than S$10..

heavenly! their bittergourd is not bitter with generous serving of pork.

sorry bros for going off tangent...

Status
Not open for further replies.