• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Current launches they have 3 designs. The most expensive one -

Cyberia
Luxury Double Storey Homes
Lot Size: 24'x70'
Built-up: 2,723 sq.ft.
Promotion Price: From RM375,000
FREEHOLD

But ur BU diff from above leh. Anyway heres the link for u.

http://www.ioijohor.com/kempasutama/

Prices and BU size differs unit from unit. Most likely a corner unit with a larger compound since there is a bit more land than one stated for the standard unit.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the link.

I am interested to know more about the location.
Is it an ulu place? How far away or will it be convenient to commute to Singapore? What's the crime situation there like?

We have queried on the BU area discrepancy and were informed the corner units are slightly larger.

As we do not intend to reside there but use it as a weekend home, what are the possible problems that may arise?

I havent recce that place yet. So wont be able to help u. But its not yet a matured place. So dont expect much amenites yet. But have a car should be now problem lah. Remember, when Msians tell u it only take 15 or 30 mins to reach certain places, they meant in driving mode. Not like Sillyporean always talk about "walking" mode. :rolleyes:

I suppose its Corner lot. Mind u if going by intermediate lot, let say 24 x 70, the corner lot and the extra corner space can be double of the intermediate lot. Big man. Anyway different lot different sizes different prices of course.

Its guarded. So quite safe. But like I say its not a mature "estate" yet..

Prices and BU size differs unit from unit. Most likely a corner unit with a larger compound since there is a bit more land than one stated for the standard unit.

Yes, the compound can be as big/double the size of an intermediate lot. But I understand from the Developer, Msians are not keen on corner lots. 1st if the price and 2nd lazy to mantain the compound lot. Unless of course one cemented it...

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am interested to know more about the location. Is it an ulu place? How far away or will it be convenient to commute to Singapore? What's the crime situation there like?

The housing estate is stand alone by itself..... no other housing estates nearby. You will have plenty of open land around you.... it's like living in Tuas :biggrin: Probably will need to take another 10-15 years of continous construction for the place to develop into a small town.

Ideal if you like quiet places........ must have your own transport as public transportation services there is zilch :( ....... easy access if travelling by the highway....... otherwise be prepared for long long walks :p

Would advise you to join the nearby golfing clubs to make use of their facilities which are very much better than those few exisiting amenities.

At the moment there is not many people living there and the surrounding community is small....... the people are familiar with each other so there's hardly any crime........ families still sleep with their doors open and unlocked :p

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Newest news:

RM350m theme park for Nusajaya
2009/11/08
JOHOR BARU: Popular kiddie characters Barney, Thomas and Friends, Bob the Builder and Hello Kitty will be among the attractions at the RM350 million, four-storey indoor theme park slated to be opened to
the public at the end of 2012.

The park, to be housed at Puteri Harbour in Nusajaya, will boast a floor area of 60,000 sq ft and another 100,000 sq ft of retail space.
It will also see our very own cartoonist Lat's first-in-Malay- sia themed family restaurant.

Themed Attractions and Resorts (TAR) Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of Khazanah Nasional, today signed an agreement with HIT Entertainment Ltd, Sanrio Entertainment Ltd and Kampung Boy Sdn Bhd.

TAR also signed an agreement with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts for the development of a 300-room Traders Hotel, as well as UEM Land, for the construction of the indoor theme park.

Also present at the ceremony was Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman. According to TAR chief executive officer Tunku Datuk Ahmad Burhanuddin, the indoor theme park would be an additional attraction in Nusajaya and Iskandar Malaysia.
He said construction of the indoor theme park was expected to commence in the middle of next year.

"The indoor theme park reinforces Iskandar Malaysia as a destination for families with children under 12 years. It further complements the other attraction, following the signing with Legoland Malaysia last year."

-- Bernama
Headline: RM350m theme park for Nusajaya
Date: 08/11/09
Media title: NST
Section: News
Page: 18

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I finally managed to get MACS for my whole family, its actually easy but have to do online first and you need to of course have a property there.

Went to Danga View to have a look there, not a bad place actually.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow, got quite a few PMs lately, i am more than happy to help enquiries but even though this is free work, i am glad to help as i feel its a community service towards fellow countrymen.

I am writing now in my new home(i just moved in like some of my neighbours before X'mas)

This place is starting to have a little too many SG cars and SG folks are filling up the area. As i still have to do my work to keep my day job, i would like to state some facts here(bear with me, its a little long) to share so that folks may be able to get the information they need without checking with me repeatedly:

1. Electrical bills are nominally free if you use below RM 20 per month. Expect you will be paying very little as compared to the normal utilities bills in Singapore. Water bills are like $4 RM a month and you can even owe up to a few months(6 months as i have been told as long as it does not exceed $100)

2. Air here is fresh and yes the water here you can boil and drink although i would recommend getting some Osim or WaterPik or local filters.

3. Lights here are damn cheap, we got some nice crystal lights for 950 ringgit and some lights with 3 energy saving bulbs for 99 ringgit.

4. Whole house done up and i mean really nicely done up at 80k ringgit, including aircon (below 8k for 6 units with 1 of them having 2HP and 1 is 1.5HP) and including:
a. Kitchen with aluminium shelf as well as kitchen hobs and 2 Stainless Steel sinks
b. Carpentery work
c. Awning
d. Window and door grille
e. Carpet grass
f. Autogate
g. Kdk ceiling fans throughout and exhaust fans for kitchen and ALL toilets
h. Water heater for all 5 toilets
i. Wall fans
j. Lights for all areas and even on 2nd floor
k. Back yard door(made a gate through what used to be a fence)
l. Front balcony with awning
m. Pavilion for terraced area with ceiling fan and light
n. Bedroom sets with mattresses, pillows and bolsters
o. Lights and standing lights for all rooms
p. Additional alumimium covering for kitchen area

5. Get a Malaysian registered car if you can(can get up to 70% loan from banks). Only caveat here is you can't drive to Singapore BUT for people who have relatives here, they could probably drive you in(MY cars entitled to 10 free trips in)

6. Good movie cinema is at Tebrau City, $12 ringgit. Tebrau City has Timberland, etc stores.

7. Petrol full tank usually about 90 ringgit, else normal top up is about 40 plus
Most do not really check to see if you only pump 20 litres thing now or even if they do, just go to another petrol station to top up or just pay the "piper" Avoid the toilets at the petrol kiosks at night if you can or go with a group.

8. Developers here are starting to be more uppity now with withdrawal of special priviledges such as free club membership in some instances as well as higher up front downpayment for buyers of their properties. Banks are also upping interests rates, infact most banks has upped them already. BLR is 5.55% and some banks will give 1.8% off. Popular banks are(ranked in no particular order):

Eon Bank
Public Bank
Alliance Bank

9. Avoid housing projects in Impian Emas, buying shops in Johor Jaya and Sentosa(in Malaysia, not to be confused with the Sentosa in SG) Goods in Johor Jaya also tend to be a bit expensive.

General pricing(your mileage may vary):

Aircon - Panasonic - Below 1,100 ringgit inclusive of installation
Kitchen sink - Below 800 ringgit
Carpet grass - 3 ringgit psf
Kitchen with wall and aluminum cabinet hob, etc - 7k ringgit
Backyard door - 1k ringgit
Pavilion - 7k ringgit
Ceiling fans with remote - KDK at 220 ringgit
Large attenna to watch SG tv, etc - 480 ringgit
Utilities - Super duper neglible as i found out today as compared to SG.
Hell, i pay less than what the town council in SG charges me monthly.

You can eat out with a family of 6 persons for as little as $27 ringgit inclusive of drinks(coffee shops). People here watch SG tv and SG radio all the time so you be here but still be in touch with SG.

Lots of SG shops in the area, there is a new furniture shop in the new Giant near Bukit Indah, just checked out today, pricing is good(will be getting furniture for my 3rd home there) There are also lots of stores at Nusa Bestari area, bargain if possible.

Assume that the car drivers you will encounter will not stop for you or are reckless, assume that if they can run a light, they will run a light and you should be fine. Be patient and refrain from honking your horn too long or too often and you should be fine.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Generally, housing may differ based on whether they are corner or end lots depending on the type of property you buy. You might pay up to 100 or 200k more for a larger garden. Some folks bought clusters here with huge gardens and expanded their house using it with 3-4 more rooms.

Again, banks here has upped their rates so try to bargain or shop around.

ATM machines will charge you 1 ringgit for withdrawals made using other banks cards. You can even withdraw from your POSB or other bank accounts.

Internet here is free for many food and beverage areas. You can get Celcom or other services for as low as about 60 ringgit per month. Phone lines with prepaid services are like below 9 ringgit.

Non MY folks can only buy property above 250k ringgit and at least 2 storeys
Resale ones will need to be above 350k ringgit

From 2010 onwards, minimum will be 500k as some of you will know by now.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your great service in providing detail information about living in JB. You should setup a blog to store your writeup as this thread can get buried under this forum.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
johor is a muslim state.

best to be avoided.

one day you are bunny bunny, next day, they are suicide bombers.

save money for what? you can bring it to your grave?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
johor is a muslim state.

best to be avoided.

one day you are bunny bunny, next day, they are suicide bombers.

save money for what? you can bring it to your grave?

Huh, have you been on an MRT in Spore :confused:

There more foreigners than Sporeans: Indonesians, Malaysian, filipinos, PRC, Indians, Burmese,...

Your more likely to be hit with the next pandemic disease or hit-and-run than in JB :rolleyes:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Funny how some people like to bring different issues into perspective. How many suicide bombing incidents are happening or how many suicide bombers do you know in MY? Just because its a Muslim country? Hope one of the guys here are not one of those who told people at coffeeshops that MY does not sell pork or condone people eating it?

So going by the logic that we should not save so much money as we can't bring to the grave. We should be like those folks who faithfully served the country and then get relegated to 1 room rental flats and kicked in the balls when they are poor, jobless and destitute? I don't understand the logic behind the reasoning.

Well, to each his own, i am just offering my 2 cents worth on what i see, as i said earlier, we can choose countries to move to and MY isn't the only choice. What we should recognise is there are clear choices beyond staying put and being taken for granted.

Last edited:

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny how some people like to bring different issues into perspective. How many suicide bombers are happening in MY? Just because its a Muslim country? Hope one of the guys here are not one of those who told people at coffeeshops that MY does not sell pork or condone people eating it?

So going by the logic that we should not save so much money as we can't bring to the grave. We should be like those folks who faithfully served the country and then get relegated to 1 room rental flats and kicked in the balls when they are poor, jobless and destitute? I don't understand the logic behind the reasoning.

Well, to each his own, i am just offering my 2 cents worth on what i see, as i said earlier, we can choose countries to move to and MY isn't the only choice. What we should recognise is there are clear choices beyond staying put and being taken for granted.

can clear ur pm? its full. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, have given your thread a sticky for the time being as you have contributed alot in terms of info and shared your experience from very start. I am sure many forummers are appreciative.

Hopefully, Singaporeans who are considering a breather from the current oppressive climate, prices, politics, space and Mah Bow Tan's hot air etc can find some relief.

Eventually you will realise among your neighbours, superscale chaps who also need to a breather and have been making it their weekend retreat for the last 10 years.

Enjoy.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, have given your thread a sticky for the time being as you have contributed alot in terms of info and shared your experience from very start. I am sure many forummers are appreciative.

Hopefully, Singaporeans who are considering a breather from the current oppressive climate, prices, politics, space and Mah Bow Tan's hot air etc can find some relief.

Eventually you will realise among your neighbours, superscale chaps who also need to a breather and have been making it their weekend retreat for the last 10 years.

Enjoy.

Many thanks, yes i did realise as i saw amongst my neighbours, along the very street i live in are 3 SG registered Mercedez, all S class. Lots more with luxury cars as well as interestingly lots of OPC MPV cars.

Funny thing though, most SG Mercedez there including some of the BMW are all in black. :smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like you are observant. There was a bit of angst amongst members of the cabinet whether this should be allowed for security reasons ie allowing sr people to stay across in Malaysia. Guess what, these chaps could not be bothered because they felt that the fresh air was good for their sanity.

Funny thing though, most SG Mercedez there including some of the BMW are all in black. :smile:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I finally managed to get MACS for my whole family, its actually easy but have to do online first and you need to of course have a property there.

Went to Danga View to have a look there, not a bad place actually.

Bro, how did you get the MACCS done? From what is stated, you must either hold a long term Visa - having business interest, employed, (Iskandar area)have M'sian spouse, etc, no? Pm me if necessary, tks

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Looks like you are observant. There was a bit of angst amongst members of the cabinet whether this should be allowed for security reasons ie allowing sr people to stay across in Malaysia. Guess what, these chaps could not be bothered because they felt that the fresh air was good for their sanity.

Thanks, hard not to notice as some of these cars belong to "special people" but i do agree, certainly some would be concerned but well, lets do what the well connected are doing was what i said to myself when i got to know this. Most of the other folks unfortunately are still walking around with blinkers.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, how did you get the MACCS done? From what is stated, you must either hold a long term Visa - having business interest, employed, (Iskandar area)have M'sian spouse, etc, no? Pm me if necessary, tks

Hi Toyohon,

I would be glad to help, PM me if you can as i still have PMs to reply to, you can also refer to my earlier posts on the website and start from there. Remember to do a new form for every person who will be getting the MACS and bring along individual photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.