Page 617 of 763 FirstFirst ... 117517567607615616617618619627667717 ... LastLast
Results 12,321 to 12,340 of 15241

Thread: Living in JB

  1. #12321
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,846
    My Reputation Points: 1235 / Power: 7

    Question Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by Puteri harbour View Post
    I suspect many Japanese firms may be moving their manufacturing across to Johor as the biggest investors after Singaporeans in Imperia is the Japanese.

    Look like things is moving slightly smoother than expected.

    Cheers,
    PH
    Have to admit that you and IskandarRocks have good foresight on future of Puteri Harbour.
    Would like to hear IskandarRocks's and your view on those upcoming RM6 mil bungalows in Puteri Harbour. Any comments?
    Share on Twitter

  2. #12322
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,608
    My Reputation Points: 144 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by nusajayaphile View Post
    Hi Crystal

    I did my remittance from Raffles @ Clifford Centre. If you bring cash, it's done by the next working day. Eg, if you pay cash on Monday, it's deposited by Tuesday. If you pay cash on Friday, it's done by following Monday.

    If payment via cheque, they will wait for your cheque to clear before depositing the cash in the bank acocunt, so takes 3 working days in total. Eg, you give a cheque on Monday before 1pm, it's done by Thursday.
    Hi Bro

    Thanks for replying ...
    Wow , cant imagine i have to bring so much cash for remittance .....
    If use cheque , wondering they will be using Mon's or Thurs rate ....
    Share on Twitter

  3. #12323
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    30
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Hi everyone.
    If I can still remember, there were some members who requested to be informed of any Ledang Heights land up for sale.
    I came across this website today, announcing that there will be a launching of a number of land/bungalow lots on 10th Dec.
    Those who are interested, you can check this site:

    http://fortepacific.blogspot.com/201...g-heights.html

    Disclaimer: I'm not an agent or whatsoever of the said website owner/company ... just someone who would like to see more neighbours in LH
    Share on Twitter

  4. #12324
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,264
    My Reputation Points: 71 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_tiong View Post
    Hi Bro

    Thanks for replying ...
    Wow , cant imagine i have to bring so much cash for remittance .....
    If use cheque , wondering they will be using Mon's or Thurs rate ....
    it will be today rate if you commit the remittance today.. i think their rate is excellent.
    Share on Twitter

  5. #12325
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    593
    My Reputation Points: 145 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Have to admit that you and IskandarRocks have good foresight on future of Puteri Harbour.
    Would like to hear IskandarRocks's and your view on those upcoming RM6 mil bungalows in Puteri Harbour. Any comments?
    Hi Investor, to be honest with you, I bought into Imperia not based on any foresight but just based on 'love at first sight' when I toured the area. I thought that this could be my chance to live in a Waterfront property with magnificent views of the Marina, etc.

    Those 6M bunglows, I have not even thought about because firstly, they are out of my reach and, secondly, I am quite happy with what I have already got into. Maybe gone a bit overboard already.

    In my view, 6M (USD2M) is a lot of money, by international standards. We like to compare it with the $20M+ bungalows in Sentosa, but Sentosa has a brand value and prestige that is unmatched. Just like Louis Vuitton, where I have seen folks line up to buy a SG$5000 handbag.

    So, in a nutshell, if I had enough money to spare and was crazy about walking out of my house and into the boat, I would go for it. As an investment, I would be very careful. I will also be concerned about the security as well as overall upkeep of the surroundings.
    Share on Twitter

  6. #12326
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,608
    My Reputation Points: 144 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    it will be today rate if you commit the remittance today.. i think their rate is excellent.
    thanks for your reply , ok maybe i will try to remit RM10K first ....
    Share on Twitter

  7. #12327
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,846
    My Reputation Points: 1235 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Hi IskandarRocks,

    Thanks for sharing your views.
    So your unit in East Ledang is more for investment when compared to the one at Puteri Harbour?
    Share on Twitter

  8. #12328
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,846
    My Reputation Points: 1235 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by lastresort View Post
    that is one brother, more to come. =) also good to know many have bought it for own stay as well. And most expensive unit is RM 6.4 million, a record in JB.
    Hi Lastresort,

    You mean the penthouse of Imperia is RM6.4 mil?
    Did somebody buy it?
    Share on Twitter

  9. #12329
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    593
    My Reputation Points: 145 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Hi IskandarRocks,

    Thanks for sharing your views.
    So your unit in East Ledang is more for investment when compared to the one at Puteri Harbour?
    Fell in love with that one as well. Sounds like cheating.

    Fortunately, my banker could support me with 85% for both the loans. So, one is for investment, other is for own stay. Which one is for what? I don't know yet. My wife and kids will decide once they see them both.

    I know it sounds whimsical, but thats me.
    Share on Twitter

  10. #12330
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,846
    My Reputation Points: 1235 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by IskandarRocks View Post
    Fell in love with that one as well. Sounds like cheating.

    Fortunately, my banker could support me with 85% for both the loans. So, one is for investment, other is for own stay. Which one is for what? I don't know yet. My wife and kids will decide once they see them both.

    I know it sounds whimsical, but thats me.
    So can I say that you bought both because other than falling in love with them, you saw both as potential good investments which will see appreciating values over the next few years?
    Last edited by Investor; 21-11-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    Share on Twitter

  11. #12331
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    126
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Hi, I not an expert of puteri harbour but can give you my 2 cents worth.
    Ledang heights is MYR80-100PDF for land. Ie, it will work to to about MYR1.2m for land assuming construction cost is MYR 2.5m. The total cost would work up to about SGD 1.5m. Vs SGD2.59m (MYR 6m) for bayfront. I am sure the land will be smaller in size and the quality I finishes will not e as good. I may not value bayfront and smaller land size at SGD 1m.

    I went to see ledang heights over the weekend and I kind of like the estate.... You may want to consider LH as well...

    Cheers,
    PH

    Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Have to admit that you and IskandarRocks have good foresight on future of Puteri Harbour.
    Would like to hear IskandarRocks's and your view on those upcoming RM6 mil bungalows in Puteri Harbour. Any comments?
    Share on Twitter

  12. #12332
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,846
    My Reputation Points: 1235 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by Puteri harbour View Post
    I may not value bayfront and smaller land size at SGD 1m.
    Cheers,
    PH
    Hi PH,
    I don't quite get what you mean from your above statement.
    You mean you're willing to pay almost Sgd1 mil for a 3 room condo in Puteri Harbour but don't see that a waterfront bungalow there is worth Sgd1 mil?
    Share on Twitter

  13. #12333
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    126
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Living in JB

    I mean I may not pay SGD 1m more for puteri harbour land vs LH. Cos at LH, paying SGD 1m less, I can get bigger house and bigger land... Hope it clarify....

    Cheers,
    PH

    Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Hi PH,
    I don't quite get what you mean from your above statement.
    You mean you're willing to pay almost Sgd1 mil for a 3 room condo in Puteri Harbour but don't see that a waterfront bungalow there is worth Sgd1 mil?
    Share on Twitter

  14. #12334
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,846
    My Reputation Points: 1235 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by IskandarRocks View Post
    Thanks for checking Bro! Looks like they rised prices of some of the lower psf units (by Imperia standards) during pre-launch!

    On a separate note, I read an interesting article this morning. Talks about the current momentum but at the same time covers some of the imperatives for success:

    http://thestar.com.my/columnists/sto...sightdownsouth
    The same article above just appeared in Yahoo News about an hour ago.
    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singa...110213987.html
    Share on Twitter

  15. #12335
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,846
    My Reputation Points: 1235 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by Puteri harbour View Post
    I mean I may not pay SGD 1m more for puteri harbour land vs LH. Cos at LH, paying SGD 1m less, I can get bigger house and bigger land... Hope it clarify....

    Cheers,
    PH
    Oic thanks for sharing your views
    As for me, if I can afford , I'm willing to pay additional SGD1 mil for a bungalow in Puteri Harbour which can allow me to 'Tao cheng par chia, ow beh par zhun' (if u understand hokkien)
    Last edited by Investor; 21-11-2011 at 12:28 PM.
    Share on Twitter

  16. #12336
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    615
    My Reputation Points: 28 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Hi Lastresort,

    You mean the penthouse of Imperia is RM6.4 mil?
    Did somebody buy it?
    Hi Investor, yup, it was sold before official launch, if not prices would have increased more.
    Share on Twitter

  17. #12337
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,846
    My Reputation Points: 1235 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by lastresort View Post
    Hi Investor, yup, it was sold before official launch, if not prices would have increased more.
    Any idea whether the buyer is a Singaporean or Malaysian?
    Share on Twitter

  18. #12338
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    615
    My Reputation Points: 28 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Any idea whether the buyer is a Singaporean or Malaysian?
    Bro, I have no idea. Are you interested in a unit there?
    Share on Twitter

  19. #12339
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,264
    My Reputation Points: 71 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    The same article above just appeared in Yahoo News about an hour ago.
    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singa...110213987.html

    Looking at the comments at the end of above article, I can't feel how shallow and judgmental these Singaporeans are...
    Share on Twitter

  20. #12340
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,846
    My Reputation Points: 1235 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by lastresort View Post
    Bro, I have no idea. Are you interested in a unit there?
    No lah just curious (gathering more information)
    Last edited by Investor; 21-11-2011 at 01:44 PM.
    Share on Twitter

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. US pilots living next to runway
    By Lee Hsien Tau in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-06-2011, 11:57 PM
  2. MERCER Only Says S'pore Infrastructure. Quality Of Living In S'pore Way Down OK.
    By ahleebabasingaporethief in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-04-2009, 03:40 AM
  3. Guide to living like pigeons
    By scoopdreams in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-04-2009, 02:56 PM
  4. Condo-style living for Bangras now...
    By makapaaa in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 07:08 PM
  5. Cost of living pushing up the Business Cost in Singapore ?
    By congo9 in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-01-2009, 11:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •