SG Live Bet
Page 476 of 763 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486526576 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,520 of 15241

Thread: Living in JB

My Reputation Points: 144 / Power: 4

Default Re: Living in JB

Quote Originally Posted by iamapseudoneem View Post
    Hi Crystal! Congrats on your loan approval.
    I'm vincent's neighbour in NI Precint 8 and will be hopefully getting my keys next year
    Can't comment much on the security as we haven't stayed there yet. We're planning to stay there 24/7 though.
    Hi future neighbour

Haha , Precint 8A and 8B is under the same precint right ?
    Did you get the corner unit ?
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 29 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by crystal_tiong View Post
    Hi Narmi

Wow , u bought NI too !!!
    Which Precinct did you get ?
    Can share the pro and cons in NI ? want to get myself prepare.
    When i told my friends abt getting a house in msia , everybody shake head and said its dangerous !! they only been to JB pelangi and tebrau areas , they do not know Bukit Indah well at all .
    I dun even wan to waste my breath with them.
    But for sure , once the house is up , everyone will wan to come over and stay!
    Hi crystal,
    Do not let these people dampen yr spirit. My friends n relatives too, during families gAthering, they sort of laugh, mock,
    sneer at my mum n me( mum alone got an unit too) worried us with stories of rob,rape n chopping of hands. Guns on the table ... On n on. My hub was very upset with me cos i was the one insisted of buying. More than three years pAssed, we still have our hands. When they finally visited my place. His family Decided to get a land to build. My friend too. Told me her good friend, next door saw teen openly taking drugs (link one side) last weekend hub dropped her n kids n he did not bring clothes, mutiple reasons for not staying, they were so impressed with security, were refused entry till they showed my sms n talk to me before leading them to my house. Seeing guards on very frequet patrolling. Next he drop family n went back singapore, brought some friends back late afternoon to view showhouses, now working out finances! So.. There r many who loves to hearsay n worst quoted it has his friends, their so n so experienced those ordeal. As some said, crimes everywhere assert safety discresion. don leave bags, Including kids school bags in the cAr. When parking, always park heAdin n steer steering wheels to maximum either one side, it makes it diff for car thieft.

Look forward to yr dream house!!!
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 325 / Power: 4

Hi Narmi

Wow , u bought NI too !!!
    Which Precinct did you get ?
    Can share the pro and cons in NI ? want to get myself prepare.

When i told my friends abt getting a house in msia , everybody shake head and said its dangerous !! they only been to
    JB pelangi and tebrau areas , they do not know Bukit Indah well at all .
    I dun even wan to waste my breath with them.
    But for sure , once the house is up , everyone will wan to come over and stay!
    Hi crystal

Mine is in heliconia precinct but not far fr ur precinct n vincent bro lah... all near there in NI. Cant tell much abt living ere cos i still waiting for constructn to be completed nex yr hehe.
    When purchasg i did ask abt d break in and the sales did not try to hide abt that but did remark that it happen when
    not all hse occupants moved in so got many empty hses at that time.

Vincent bro
    Mine uob flexi loan. They offered -2.3 -2.4 blr with or without mortgage insurance bought fr them.
    It is what we think we already know that often prevents us from learning...
    Share on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by maxpark View Post
    Guys, thanks for the various info.

Am contemplating btw a semi-D with bigger build-up vs corner terrace with bigger land.
    Semi-D land 3200 vs corner terrace around 5500.
    Interestingly, the prices are almost the same.
    Hi,

Corner w bigger compound or semi d w bigger build up.? I think if u hv kids, bigger compound will b better, can make a cycling track, kids can ride or swaveboarding. Sandpit to keep them busy all day. Use pearl grass as some smarties had suggested n grow only easy to maintain plants, land.. Is something Singaporean short off. That's my personal op.
    Share on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Narmi View Post
    Hi crystal

Mine is in heliconia precinct but not far fr ur precinct n vincent bro lah... all near there in NI. Cant tell much abt living ere cos i still waiting for constructn to be completed nex yr hehe.
    When purchasg i did ask abt d break in and the sales did not try to hide abt that but did remark that it happen when
    not all hse occupants moved in so got many empty hses at that time.

Vincent bro
    Mine uob flexi loan. They offered -2.3 -2.4 blr with or without mortgage insurance bought fr them.
    But uob interest is a bit high right ? any lock in period ?
    So haven get the keys , how much are u paying per mth ? we only pay mortgage loans when keys handle to us right ?
    I haven sit in with uob to discuss with details as i emailed them my documents and told me it can be approved.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 71 / Power: 4

So haven get the keys , how much are u paying per mth ? we only pay mortgage loans when keys handle to us right ?
    I haven sit in with uob to discuss with details as i emailed them my documents and told me it can be approved.
    I was offered RHB at -2.5... (3 months ago) I chose HSBC at -2.45 instead thinking HSBC will provide better service..
    On hindsight, why not go for RHB? They have more ATMs, branches etc..
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 1235 / Power: 6

Quote Originally Posted by vincentck View Post
    IMHO, altho HH's security is better but I feel that it is overpriced and it is further to drive in/out for now.
    Hi Vincentck,
    The Coastal Highway is about to be fully operational soon. With the opening of Coastal Highway, cars travelling from 2nd link to Horizon Hills will exit Nusajaya and continue on Coastal Highway which starts immediately outside East Ledang and it'll only take 3 mins to reach Horizon Hills. With Coastal Highway, Bukit Indah will become an older Taman which is further from Sg as Nusajaya(from HH to East Ledang and Kota Iskandar) will be the brand new city.
    Share on Twitter

Of course if compare with hsbc or rhb its pricey...i got offered by public bank at -2.5 lock in 5 yrs at 80%loan..uob willg to offer 90% loan at -2.3-2.4 lock in 3yrs. So i take one wif least cash outlay so more cash for reno. Anyway after 3 yrs can renego. Do ur sums and go wif wat u r comfy with. My Mthly rm3k+++. wif average exchange 2.4rm per 1$, i am happy for now.
    Share on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Narmi View Post
    Of course if compare with hsbc or rhb its pricey...i got offered by public bank at -2.5 lock in 5 yrs at 80%loan..uob willg to offer 90% loan at -2.3-2.4 lock in 3yrs. So i take one wif least cash outlay so more cash for reno. Anyway after 3 yrs can renego. Do ur sums and go wif wat u r comfy with. My Mthly rm3k+++. wif average exchange 2.4rm per 1$, i am happy for now.
    Hi Narmi

Thanks for the advise
    Since your monthly is 3k , i assumed u bought semi d bungalow.....
    So you start paying mortgage full loan once loan approved ?
    I thought can just pay for the interest first....
    Share on Twitter

Hi Narmi

Thanks for the advise
    Since your monthly is 3k , i assumed u bought semi d bungalow.....
    So you start paying mortgage full loan once loan approved ?
    I thought can just pay for the interest first....
    Yea its semid. Not as simple..cos u stillneed to get state consent so loan will not disburse till thdat is cleard for example..dun forget state levy too rm 10k i tink n other incidentals..
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 100122 / Power: 206

Hi all,

Just to share, based on the experiences i had and from folks here who shared with me, 3 banks i wouldn't touch:

1. SXXXXXXX Chartered Bank
    2. H X X C
    3. U X B

Your mileage may vary of course but they cited bad representation, high interest rates and lock in clauses.

Just because they have branches in Singapore as well does not mean they do well or provide good service
    here. I have friends who told me H X X C folks told them that they can never get loan to buy car or house
    in Johore as they are foreigners! That was the only time i had to ever get involved and got another bank
    to talk to them. Within days, approval came and then documentation followed. Folks from the SXXXX bank
    was worse, promised and told my friends and some forummers here one thing and did another.

You might be better off with some of the local banks, after all, you are borrowing money them to finance a home.
    They are way MORE afraid of you than you of them.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 100122 / Power: 206

Hey Crystal, If you are not in a hurry, you might want to take it slow. Every property has its pros and cons. I would suggest to check and compare with at least 2-3 banks before making a decision. I have 3 forummers who PMed me about bad deals just for SXXXXXX bank alone.
    Share on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by wuqi256 View Post
    Hey Crystal, If you are not in a hurry, you might want to take it slow. Every property has its pros and cons. I would suggest to check and compare with at least 2-3 banks before making a decision. I have 3 forummers who PMed me about bad deals just for SXXXXXX bank alone.
    Oh , meaning alithough UOB approved my loan, i can still source for other banks right ?
    my sales gal keep pushing UOB ....
    Share on Twitter

Hi all,

Just to share, based on the experiences i had and from folks here who shared with me, 3 banks i wouldn't touch:

1. SXXXXXXX Chartered Bank
    2. H X X C
    3. U X

Your mileage may vary of course but they cited bad representation, high interest rates and lock in clauses.

Just because they have branches in Singapore as well does not mean they do well or provide good service
    here. I have friends who told me H X X C folks told them that they can never get loan to buy car or house
    in Johore as they are foreigners! That was the only time i had to ever get involved and got another bank
    to talk to them. Within days, approval came and then documentation followed. Folks from the SXXXX bank
    was worse, promised and told my friends and some forummers here one thing and did another.

You might be better off with some of the local banks, after all, you are borrowing money them to finance a home.
    They are way MORE afraid of you than you of them.
    Alamak bro wuqi i took up wif the third bank on ur nono list...now can onlycross finger hope nothg wrong isit?
    Share on Twitter

Oh , meaning alithough UOB approved my loan, i can still source for other banks right ?
    my sales gal keep pushing UOB ....
    Crystal u hv not signed anythg so no need to worry if u dont like for wateva reason with d bank..she is EXXXXr isit ya quite pushy but u no need yo succumb.. I took not cos she push cos it suited me
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 14 / Power: 0

I would suggest u may consider public bank~they payout money very fast.
    And once u have decided few bank,js go apply them all in one time. Wait which 1 revert then u can compare n tink n sign on that
    Share on Twitter

guys

wow , uob sent me mortgage planner ....

Loan Amount $460,605
    Tenure of Loan : 30yrs
    Total Repayment : $810,877.17
    Total Interest Paid : $350,272.37

BLR -2% Interest rate 4.2%

The interest we pay can buy another house liao , wish I can strike toto first prize and clear off one time....
    Share on Twitter

guys

wow , uob sent me mortgage planner ....

Loan Amount $460,605
    Tenure of Loan : 30yrs
    Total Repayment : $810,877.17
    Total Interest Paid : $350,272.37
    BLR -2% Interest rate 4.2%
    The interest we pay can buy another house liao , wish I can strike toto first prize and clear off one time....
    Hi
    How much is the Downpayment n monthly repayment??
    Share on Twitter

total 15% downpayment and monthly abt $2.5k
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 19 / Power: 0

Bro Wuqi is right, the 3 banks he mentioned were not only bad but very slow in processing & service are really poor...local banks services are way better.
    Last edited by east539; 12-10-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    Share on Twitter

Thread Information